Character Sheets: Make Google Webfonts Available for Use

Score + 44
Ryan S.
Sheet Author
Google Webfonts are a great free way to add some style to our sheets, but aren't supported. Some of us have added them into our character sheets in the past with a workaround, but the font-face method has inconsistent results in different browsers and is prone to breaking.  My suggestion would be to either allow developers to include Google Webfonts in their sheets by either: Allowing @import rules that reference a fonts.googleapis.com URL in the sheet's CSS... Allowing a link to the fonts.googleapis.com stylesheet in the character sheet's HTML Providing a drop-down selection within campaign settings that can be referenced back in the sheet's CSS, and which will fallback to system fonts if not selected (this one would seem to be the easiest to implement, and allow for the sheets to keep the same level of security) Some other method of adding these to the sheet's HTML? Thoughts? Thanks for looking.
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
I like this idea, but I would love for Roll20 to be able to host fonts on its own as well or instead.
Brian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In particular, fonts need to be loaded over https. Since they're not, currently, a remote font gets blocked by the browser's security features until the user unblocks it.
Alicia
Pro
Sheet Author
If I had votes I would +1 this for sure.
Google has such a great selection of fonts and it could improve game flavor for character sheets and for roll able tables.   I suspect most players aren't aware of what they could be viewing. Check them out.  Huge selection that authors could use and then upvote this.  I suspect some type of workaround like a job that pulls in these fonts into roll20 so that they are all available might be an easy work around if getting imports is challenging.   https://fonts.google.com/

Edited 1498888883
This is a no-brainer. I'd love to see this, too. Maybe give us the ability to upload .ttf files to the library, and have the sheets be able to access them?
Voted. Rapidly switching between fonts when adding text to maps means that you can see that there's a Times New Roman font used as default, yet it cannot be selected as a font type. Given that I'm running a Classical World campaign, it would be useful if I had the option to select it!
Jakob
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, please! Being restricted to web-safe fonts and the handful of fonts that Roll20 offers means that there's a real lost opportunity for more beautiful character sheets. Most of it could be solved by adding a security certificate so that fonts are loaded without a browser warning...