Colored Dynamic Lighting

Score + 27

Edited 1452623953
My campaigns would really benefit from colored lighting. We're currently running Out of the Abyss, which takes place completely in the underdark, and I'd love to be able to simulate the different phosphorescent lighting effects. It takes away the mood a bit when all the lights underground are the same as above. Auras don't really work the same way, and just give a hard line instead of a soft lighting effect. Really, I'd just like to option to change the color of the light that an object emits, still with the brightness/dimness features. You can even set up darkvision to be black and white, with each character producing "gray" light.  Colored dynamic lighting would just be awesome, and I'd really like to see it implemented in the future. 
I'd really enjoy this too, in my sci fi game being able to have emergency lighting tinted red, or firelight a orange shade would add a lot to some of my maps.
Exactly! I didn't even think of a sci-fi setting, but ambient colored lighting would be great for that, too. Like exploring a darkened spaceship, with a strange red glow coming from around a corner.  It could really add a lot.
I know i'm a bit late to this, but i was just looking into trying to do this myself. This would be a great feature to add :)
Coloured lighting would be great. Not just for sci-fi settings but for all sorts of fantasy settings too. 
Sky
Pro
In the meantime, you can simulate the effects with transparent colored graphics made using gimp or photoshop. Takes a little more work but it is worth it.

Edited 1464314041
I do most of this in photoshop, but would love to see this feature implemented into the dynamic lighting!

Edited 1470021144
I'd love to see this feature added, but I bet it wouldn't be easy to add. I believe the line of sight/dynamic lighting is in essence a mask placed over the graphics. The mask is covering the image, not modifying it. Tinted lighting would definitely make it easy to reuse maps as a simple change in lighting can make a setting look completely different.
I make coloured light by putting an aura on light object. It is not a perfect solution but it gives a good feel. Works especially well for creatures that don't have their own light source. The one problem with it is the aura is not stopped by dynamic lighting walls so you can end up with a coloured circle outside of where you want it.

Edited 1521726356
Stephen L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I was pointed to here from a duplicate thread. There, I did some rambling about GLSL math that could be used to implement this sort of feature in WebGL. Reposting it here: This would be yet another thing that could get done if Roll20 had that Canvas/WebGL developer they've been looking for. It wouldn't be too hard for them to do using some mathemagic with some lights in a GLSL shader. Just associate each light source with a color instead of using pure white light, then multiply the shaded pixel colors by the normalized light source color with scaling for dim light. In the case of areas where multiple light sources overlap, the light's colors are additive to each other. The darkvision is yet another thing that would be somewhat easy to do in a GLSL shader. Just have a boolean uniform (really a uint with a value of either 0 or 1) to turn it on or off. If it's on, then for pixels not in bright light, compute the grayscale color G for that pixel. Then let alpha = the dim lighting coefficient as a value in the range [0, 1], where 1 indicates bright light and 0 indicates darkness. Let C be the shaded color for that pixel. Finally, let the final color F = (1.0 - alpha) * G + C.
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
Stephen, you should re-submit your application to the powers that be...  ;-)

Edited 1521737521
Stephen L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: Stephen, you should re-submit your application to the powers that be...  ;-) Heh, I actually did submit an application to them for that position last Thursday. Haven't heard back yet from the power that be though.
CyborgPrime
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'd like to upvte this as well - in my sci-fi game, somebody wanted to throw a glowstick down a hole - would have been awesome to make a green glowing light source..  I do see there might be an issue with mixing colors of overlapping lights...
I too would like to vote for this. I found this thread while searching to see if such a feature had been considered. Alternatively, if we could have the ability to set a sprite's blend mode (say, to screen, multiply, what have you) we could build much more interesting effects. And I'm sure the marketplace creators would go nuts with such powers.
Jay
Pro
Late to the party, but upvoting all the same. For example, I'm gonna run my players through a completely dark hallway with just the light of the entry room and an exit sign at the very far end providing any illumination. Having the sickly green color the module describes it as being their only light in this ocean of black would be amazing to have fully visualized.