Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] v2.0.5 New Version! (Reshaped)

Edited 1455095569
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The redesign of the shaped sheet has reached a stable point where Pro users can start using it in real campaigns (I will). Please read over the TODO items before suggesting any features as NPCs and converting from old versions are yet to come. If you are updating an existing campaign I highly recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy data over. Release 2.0.5 Features: High performance auto-calculating sheet without the lag of old versions Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet Nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons Customizable skills Add or remove skills as desired Change ability used on the fly Translations (English, French). Looking for more translators. Repeating Resources which can track uses like Lay on Hands Repeating Spells Filterable Higher Level toggle Customizable classes Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Custom classes Spell slots are calculated automatically and only show for the level for which is available (can be customized) Hit Dice are calculated automatically and only show for the hit dice you have Armor Covers unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Toggle armored or unarmored bonuses as desired (mage armor for example) Automatically calculates Equipment Gold automatically calculated Weight automatically calculated for Armor, Attacks, Equipment Equipment items are clickable (potion of healing for example) Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, Vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. Still TODO NPC fix import scripts Write conversion script (Though everyone should start over with new sheets if they are experiencing any lag) Nice to have: Spell Point values customizable Query macros (huge pain. I started setting them up, but they are so limiting. Especially with the roll advantage setting. I’ll do it at some point, but it’s a fair amount of work) Add an attack for divine smite if the player has paladin levels Elemental Adept How to Update the sheet yourself (as a mentor): Go to Github and open the RAW html and css Copy the&nbsp; html In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Hit save. Contribute: Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). If you are in the EU you can email me ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ) and I will provide an IBAN number (easier for both of us). Thanks so much for your support. This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions. Please report any bugs in this thread. I will release fixes daily (hourly is more likely). Special&nbsp;Thanks to testers and contributors: alexander, Alzam , Brian S., BP, Chris H., Cristóbal, Doug, Jakob , Jason, Kaelev , Kevin , Mark G, Modnar Wylde, Saevar, Thorsten, Vanakoji . I'm sure I missed a few. Previous Thread
Ooooooooo........ Shiny..... You say that I should create a duplicate campaign and then, I imagine, transmogrify sheets over to get a better transfer of data? How much information does it actually retain? :o

Edited 1454804178
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would recommend starting characters from scratch for lag reasons. When I said duplicate I meant the "Copy" options from "Game Settings". Most everything is lost tbh. Lots of field renames. TODO covers an item to convert from old fields. Though again I recommend starting from scratch. :)
;_;..... I hope dem importers arrive soon. My 200+ monster database will not be pleased.
@Kryx Looks amazing man! I'll be duplicating my campaign tonight, giving players time to spruce up their sheets. Thanks again for all you do and allowing us access to the sheet in your campaign, giving us an opportunity to have some input and help you along.&nbsp;
Finally got some free time again to look over things. Things found The extra info on click with armor. If entering light armor, until you change the armor type (to medium and back) the extra info puts out nothing of interest. So if I add say leather armor, set&nbsp;the&nbsp;AC to 11, the extra info will look like ( ;Strength; ). So light armor being set at the start and perhaps the other fields of Strength only being there when needed would be nice. Perhaps having the recharge on a resource in the macro/macro title could be nice. Another related nice feature would maybe a field to type&nbsp;recharge&nbsp;method with other selected (sort of like the extra name field with custom class). Might be missing it, but settings for custom coinage weights. Longer term thoughts. Not sure if it would be possible, but some method to access certain rolls through a macro option. Best explained from the old sheet with things like %{selected|History_Check} or %{selection|repeating_actions_0_action}. I used this a lot in my games as I liked to set everything needed up with a option for it to be a token action. The reason I shy away from copy/past the macro directly is that 1) changing a value means updating every copy/paste and 2) In the past the sheet changed it's macro layout breaking a lot of token actions when I had 100+ monsters entered. Again not sure not possible it is with the current setup but having some sort of&nbsp;consistent&nbsp;referencing&nbsp;like that is nice as I even used %{selected|*field*} as&nbsp;macro bar options so that I could roll certain things on any creature in my world that had a token on the board without other setup. Not so much as a future thing, but to be honest, I am not sure what the "Macro" section is for under the setting tab. I assume its maybe for the future but that is all I can think. Outside that, I will be going over a performance test in a blank camaign soon to see how well it runs these days.
Hey, again thanks a lot for the rework! I just wanted to bring this in here. Right now the Spells can be expanded or reduced, which is great! However the Spells on both your spell page and main page share the same state, so if you expand one the other one does as well. I would like to be able to keep them short on the main page while I can read more details in the spellpage. Thanks for considering!

Edited 1454851719
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks again for the feedback Vanakoji. Clicking armor : The value isn't really great enough for me to run this through sheetworkers so I'm just going to strip the second line out. Resources showing recharge is a good idea. Adding it. Custom coin weight ...Does it need to be more granular that 50 coins = 1lb? :( Accessing Skills/class/repeating fields I will be addressing this 2 fold: Adding the macros to be used as token macros as I had before. That is what the macros section is. There will be one for checks, one for saving throws, one for attacks, one for spells. Beyond that I'll have to put a tutorial for how to reference a repeating item. It's one of the downsides of repeating, but the benefits are worth it. 100% agreed that copying text is a bad idea @Simon: I'm inclined to prefer the current sharing of expanded state for things like resources/spells across pages. Plus it's technically less work to do it this way. But the usablity should be the most important factor here. We'll see what others say. I converted my campaign to the new sheet today and all the PCs are up and running with my houserules to skills. I made some small adjustments here and there for ease of use. The only thing missing is the spells outside of the SRD which will come with my spell importer update. Small adjustments: Only set abilities to 10 on startup for the first time if those abilities don't exist already. Hid spell filter for levels which you currently do not have. Added freetext for attacks/spells. Prevented ghost attacks/spells/skills Show version number at the top (2.0.6 is the current) Resources now show the uses in the title and the recharge at the bottom.
Coin weight is a small thing I saw, I have no direct use in my games for the most part but I can see people using it at times (very small use case, a "maybe later" sort of thing. Depending on the situation (such as certain items later) I do say "Coins are negligible weight now" though. Again, very small thought I had. Here are some performance results. Both sheets were in a new blank campaign, 40 spells were added to both sheets with all 40 being the same spells added in the same order. (shaped sheet version 2.0.6 from github according to the version attribute) (set values using "until this time" from console) Opening sheet - Shaped: ~3600ms (set values ~2700ms) - OGL: ~1000ms (set values: ~800ms) Expanding/collapsing spells - Shaped: ~1900ms (much better than my last test a few days ago, set values ~1850ms) - OGL: ~470ms (set values: ~455ms) Expanding/collapsing weapons - Shaped: ~980ms (Set values ~940ms of this time) - OGL: ~250ms (set values: ~222ms) Adding a new spell (added the same 41st spell to both sheets) - Shaped: 3 total numbers to set, of ~2390 (set values: ~2325ms), ~2310ms (set values: ~2270ms), and 2290ms (set values: ~2250ms). Total: ~6990ms - OGL: looks like 5 sets of values ~547ms (set values: 510ms), ~534ms (set values: 498ms), 756ms (set values: 716ms), ~292ms (set values: ~252ms), and 518ms (set values: ~479ms). Total: ~2647ms

Edited 1454855597
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you have one sheet open at a time and then in the console and type $('input').filter(function(i,e){return e.name.match(/^attr_/);}).length I'm curious to see the number of fields. My example reshaped character has 2389. My campaign's Sorcerer has 5188 with 22 spells. I think most of these are directly correlated to number of fields.

Edited 1454855860
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Using that command: Shaped (after 41st spell with one Longsword weapon entered with Str set to 18 and level set to 20): 7934 fields OGL (Same set up as above for fields to match): 2894 fields So it does seem to be mostly the difference in fields for 95% if not all of the lag.&nbsp;

Edited 1454861834
Kryx said: @Kaelev on the armor types: I've changed them too be more succicent now. "Light Armor", "Medium Armor", "Heavy Armor", "Other Armor" (applies to armored), "Shield" (applies to both), "AC" (applies to both), "Unarmored" (applies to unarmored). Hopefully that is more clear. Items like Ring of Protection can use "AC" now. Whereas Mage Armor would use "Other Armor". Thanks Kryx! Excellent solution. &nbsp;Easy to explain to the players. &nbsp;As for the passive perception issue, I think I'll just have them calculate it and I'll have it in the GMs notes on their tokens. &nbsp;I'll do the same for investigation, as those two are the only two we really use.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: @Kaelev on the armor types: I've changed them too be more succicent now. "Light Armor", "Medium Armor", "Heavy Armor", "Other Armor" (applies to armored), "Shield" (applies to both), "AC" (applies to both), "Unarmored" (applies to unarmored). Hopefully that is more clear. Items like Ring of Protection can use "AC" now. Whereas Mage Armor would use "Other Armor". Hey, New sheet is looking superb - thanks so much for all the work. Just trying to convert my campaign across now and I'm not 100% sure about the information quoted above - when I include Mage Armor as "Other Armor" it just gives me the base AC with no Dex bonus, which is wrong for Mage Armor. How should I be entering Mage Armor to get it to include the Dex bonus? Cheers, Lucian
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Another quick question: in the "attachers" section, there is heading for "Skills" but nothing is listed there - is this a possible future feature? I didn't see it listed in the Todo/Nice to have but I haven't been following the whole previous thread meticulously so I probably missed something where you mentioned about this...

Edited 1454867688
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mage armor should actually be "Light Armor" to include dex (max 5). That'll work except in the crazy case that people have magic items that give them over 20 dex at which point they can use bonuses or something else. There will be a generic skill attacher. I think that's all I'll be able to do within attachers. I will probably have to add a freetext to skills in the settings page.

Edited 1454875829
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: Mage armor should actually be "Light Armor" to include dex (max 5). That'll work except in the crazy case that people have magic items that give them over 20 dex at which point they can use bonuses or something else. There will be a generic skill attacher. I think that's all I'll be able to do within attachers. I will probably have to add a freetext to skills in the settings page. Cool, thanks. Freetext for the skills would cover most of the use cases, I think, albeit a bit clunkily. How feasible would it be to have a way of referencing some common source from the skill freetext? I'm thinking of being able to put something like @{resources_1_freetext} into the skill freetext and have it expanded. This would provide another way of handling class/race features that apply to multiple skills without having to duplicate the text of them in different places. But I have no idea if that's even remotely possible!&nbsp; Failing that, perhaps we can just have a few checkboxes/a dropdown for each of the skills to allow it to reference one of a number of "common resources" of some sort... but maybe that's just too clunky as well :-/ Cheers,

Edited 1454875996
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want to reference any repeating item it is referenced by "repeating_ITEMNAME_ID_FIELD". For example: repeating_skill_-k94j423h235_ability "Have it expanded" doesn't make sense to me. Neither one can reference the other as they are both repeating.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: "Have it expanded" doesn't make sense to me. I merely meant that if you put e.g. [[@{repeating_attacher_-K9wlkn8NSRCM7Frgofl_freetext}]] into the freetext for a skill, the roll expression would be evaluated so as to expand out to the relevant attacher freetext before being displayed. It seems like this doesn't always work even in non-repeating fields. E.g. putting that in the Bonds field on the sheet and clicking the link doesn't produce any output, even though putting [[@{PB}]] into the field works as you'd expect, and pasting that expression into the chat window also works. Neither one can reference the other as they are both repeating Ah, didn't realise that. That doesn't leave you a whole lot of options, does it :-( Lucian
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They can reference each other by player input, but the sheet cannot for instance layout the skills to select a skill on an attacher.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm, ok, then in theory I guess it should be possible for me to recreate the original skill attacher behaviour by manually referencing the resource repeating sections from the skill freetext if you add it at some point in the future. A bit messy to set up, but it should work ok once created...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, that would definitely work.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Actually.... I think I can do it. I can add each skill by number. So&nbsp;repeating_skill_$0_attacher would be acrobatics.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Another query/suggestion: I've noticed that the vanilla critical damage doesn't work correctly for spells with higher-level damage. If you have a spell that does an additional die of damage for every additional level of slot used, the critical damage for it stays at one die. You can fix that manually by putting an expression like:&nbsp;(@{higher_level_query}-@{spell_level})d12 into the critical damage field, but I'm wondering if this is something that could be/should be factored into the default behaviour of spells with higher level damage dice, even if this were displayed as an additional figure on top of the default critical damage. It's a very minor thing, since it's possible to work around it, but it does mean that some of the common SRD spells currently don't work quite correctly "out of the box".
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, it should work out of the box. I'll fix that tomorrow. Back to skills on attachers: I can print out names of a different repeating(skills) within a repeating (attachers). So that's a bummer. I could probably still make it work with "Skill 1", "Skill 2", etc, but that's quite awful.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm. Not entirely sure what you mean there. I've just referenced "@{repeating_skill_-K9wZW5sImOZnlzHQfA2_name}" from within a repeating resources freetext and it output correctly. But perhaps you're trying to do something more complicated and generic.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm trying to include every skill by name within repeating on the sheet. That means &lt;input type="text" name="attr_repeating_skill_$1_name" readonly&gt; Within a repeating section (attachers) doesn't work.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Oh right, I see. Yeah, that's frustrating. :-(

Edited 1454892149
I am new to the shaped sheet and am trying to figure out some things on this new version. &nbsp;I am just beginning to play with macros and API functions so I have limited knowledge around those as well. 1) How are resources used? &nbsp;I have a monk who has 4 ki points which I can easily add as resource but is there some command needed to have points removed as certain powers are activated? &nbsp;Is there a command that would recharge them? &nbsp;If there are some examples, that would be really helpful for me. 2) Using the Abilities section to Show as Token Action and was wondering if there was a command to reference attack 3? &nbsp;I can certainly add all the parameters that the attack button itself uses but wondering if there was a way to reference attack so as that if the attack is updated, the Ability linked would update as well. For example, I have Longbow set up today as this @{Eregrin|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{Eregrin|character_name}}} @{Eregrin|show_character_name} {{title=Longbow}} {{action=1}} {{reach=}} {{range=80/320}} {{ammo=60}} {{targetName=@{Eregrin|attacks_vs_target_name}}} {{roll_toggle=1}} {{vs_ac=1}} {{roll1=[[d20cs&gt;20@{Eregrin|d20_mod} + 2[proficient] + 3[dex]]]}} @{Eregrin|roll_setting}cs&gt;20@{Eregrin|d20_mod} + 2[proficient] + 3[dex]]]}} {{targetAC=@{Eregrin|attacks_vs_target_ac}}} 0 {{damage=[[1d8[damage] + 3[dex]]]}} {{damage_type=piercing}} {{crit_damage=[[0d0 + 1d8 + 1d8[crit damage]]]}} 0 0 @{Eregrin|attacher_attack} But was hoping there would be something simpler and pointing to that attack like: %{attack_repeating_3} 3) &nbsp;I got the publicly released version of the shaped sheets to have the ammo automatically update as the attack was used. &nbsp;Does that functionality still exist in this new version? &nbsp;Is there something needed to make it increment down with each attack? Appreciate any guidance.
Hi Kryx, thanks a lot for all your work on this sheet! I was experimenting with it and had some comments: 1. It seems that if I add a second class and then delete it, the Hit Dice for that class remain visible on the Core page and cannot be removed. E.g. I added 'Wizard 7' and 'Barbarian 1' as classes and deleted 'Barbarian 1', but am still seeing 7 d6 Hit Dice and 1 d12 Hit Die on the Core page. 2. Is there a way to reference a particular class' levels rather than total levels? I previously used&nbsp;@{wizard_level}, for example, but it doesn't seem to work on the new sheet. I can use @{level} to reference total levels, but&nbsp;I am mostly thinking of resources such as Arcane Recovery, Second Wind, etc. that specifically refer to a class' levels, which wouldn't work with multi-classing. 3. A minor issue, but it seems that if I add text in Freetext or Freeform in Resources and then delete the entire text from the Resources tab or the Core tab, it remains visible in the other tab until the sheet is reopened. Adding or changing the text updates the other tab immediately, but deleting the text completely does not. Thanks again.

Edited 1454924552
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the feedback Michael Michael R. said: 1) How are resources used? &nbsp;I have a monk who has 4 ki points which I can easily add as resource but is there some command needed to have points removed as certain powers are activated? &nbsp;Is there a command that would recharge them? &nbsp;If there are some examples, that would be really helpful for me. I cannot find the post right now, but Roll20 has said they do not support decrementing a value on click via sheetworkers and do not plan on doing so. You must manually increment or decrement them yourself.&nbsp;:( Michael R. said: 2) Using the Abilities section to Show as Token Action and was wondering if there was a command to reference attack 3? &nbsp;I can certainly add all the parameters that the attack button itself uses but wondering if there was a way to reference attack so as that if the attack is updated, the Ability linked would update as well. For example, I have Longbow set up today as this @{Eregrin|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{Eregrin|character_name}}} @{Eregrin|show_character_name} {{title=Longbow}} {{action=1}} {{reach=}} {{range=80/320}} {{ammo=60}} {{targetName=@{Eregrin|attacks_vs_target_name}}} {{roll_toggle=1}} {{vs_ac=1}} {{roll1=[[d20cs&gt;20@{Eregrin|d20_mod} + 2[proficient] + 3[dex]]]}} @{Eregrin|roll_setting}cs&gt;20@{Eregrin|d20_mod} + 2[proficient] + 3[dex]]]}} {{targetAC=@{Eregrin|attacks_vs_target_ac}}} 0 {{damage=[[1d8[damage] + 3[dex]]]}} {{damage_type=piercing}} {{crit_damage=[[0d0 + 1d8 + 1d8[crit damage]]]}} 0 0 @{Eregrin|attacher_attack} But was hoping there would be something simpler and pointing to that attack like: %{attack_repeating_3} You can use %{NAME|repeating_attack_$1_attack}. Though if you ever change the order that'll break. You can use Chrome/Firefox devTools to get the id of the field from inspecting it. That would look like&nbsp;%{NAME|repeating_attack_-k3h23hj4fgd_attack}. I will provide more instructions here in the future. Michael R. said: 3) &nbsp;I got the publicly released version of the shaped sheets to have the ammo automatically update as the attack was used. &nbsp;Does that functionality still exist in this new version? &nbsp;Is there something needed to make it increment down with each attack? That was a work around that assumes everyone using the sheet and ammo had API access. Otherwise it would give incorrect information in the roll template. We can still do something similar in the API, but the roll template won't assume that 1 is removed every time (and therefore display wrong data for 95% of users). The answer here sucks, but I cannot provide a better option due to Roll20's choice of not allowing sheetworkers to decrement fields on button click. Mark F. said: Hi Kryx, thanks a lot for all your work on this sheet! I was experimenting with it and had some comments: 1. It seems that if I add a second class and then delete it, the Hit Dice for that class remain visible on the Core page and cannot be removed. E.g. I added 'Wizard 7' and 'Barbarian 1' as classes and deleted 'Barbarian 1', but am still seeing 7 d6 Hit Dice and 1 d12 Hit Die on the Core page. I cannot reproduce this behavior. I did the following: Added a class. Chose Wizard Set level to 7 Added a class Left it at Barbarian Set level to 1 Looked at core page, saw 7d6 and 1d12 Went back to character page and removed barbarian Went back to Core page, saw 7d6 with no d12. Please provide a reproduction path that can produce this issue. Thanks. Mark F. said: 2. Is there a way to reference a particular class' levels rather than total levels? I previously used&nbsp;@{wizard_level}, for example, but it doesn't seem to work on the new sheet. I can use @{level} to reference total levels, but&nbsp;I am mostly thinking of resources such as Arcane Recovery, Second Wind, etc. that specifically refer to a class' levels, which wouldn't work with multi-classing. Similar question as Michael above. The basic answer is @{repeating_class_$0_level}. That'll work unless you change positioning or delete it. You can again find the ID in the chrome devtools (see that answer above). Mark F. said: 3. A minor issue, but it seems that if I add text in Freetext or Freeform in Resources and then delete the entire text from the Resources tab or the Core tab, it remains visible in the other tab until the sheet is reopened. Adding or changing the text updates the other tab immediately, but deleting the text completely does not. The same is true for spells. Seems a roll20 bug. I even tried forcing a loss of focus (clicking out). I would file a bug with roll20. It's not unique to my character sheet - it'll happen with any tabbed sheet. Hopefully that gives some insight. Let me know if you have any other questions
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
From the other thread: Robert D. said: I created a new campaign and copied in the sheet from the github links above. All the skills are showing up twice. It lists all of them in alphabetical order and then it lists them all in alphabetical order a second time. Is that a bug on your end or could I have done something wrong with the copy? As documented in the OP of this thread this was a known bug. It should've been fixed February 7th at 5:12 Central European Time. I can no longer reproduce it. If you can please ensure that you're on the latest code and provide a reproduction path. If you want to fix it you can also remove the duplicates on the settings page (modify button and then delete) Robert D. said: Also, is there a way to add skills, like thieve's tools? On the settings page. Skills are repeating now! Add or remove as many as you want

Edited 1454928123
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Using the latest version from github at the time of post. Minor issues Adding armor that is light will not reference dex mod until it is changed from "light armor" to something else, then back. Drag and drop leather armor works, adding it without adjusting armor type does not. Minor "Nice to have" In spell macros, currently it uses your level so (7 - Evocation) for a level 7 wizard. Would be nice to have (Level X - Evocation) with X being spell level or something like (3rd-Level - Evocation) (matching the drop down spell choice for manual input. That is what I have seen so far, I am using a new sheet after every update I make from github to avoid any artifacts on the sheet. Not much more I have seen/thought of. Similar to you, I could not produce the HD bug mentioned above with deleting classes. I have thought about maybe adding the tool tip to the macro for exhaustion but am not sure if having it is good or not yet.

Edited 1454930091
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Vana Put in a fix to use "Light Armor" by default (so if &nbsp;the armor type isn't defined). I previously implemented a friendly level for spells, but took it back as it creates another field. Probably should do it. Sucks for translations though (as do all roll template things). EDIT: Refactoring armor a bit again. Here are the options now: Light Armor Medium Armor Heavy Armor Armor + Dex Other Armor Shield Armored and Unarmored Unarmored #3 and #5 are treated the same. #6 and #7 are treated the same. Light Armor previously did not cap to 5 so I fixed that. Added Armor + Dex for options like "Mage Armor". I'll release a version later today.
Thanks for your reply Kryx. I tested the class hit dice issue on your test campaign and could not replicate the issue, so I updated the sheet in my campaign manually and the issue has been sorted. For your reference, I had set up the sheet yesterday (the sheet version was the same as the current one: 2.0.6). Not sure if this has been suggested already, but it would be useful to have the number of spells that can be prepared indicated somewhere at the top of the Spells tab, as in the previous sheet. It may also be useful to have the spell save DC and spell attack bonus prominently displayed there as well, since these appear on the paper sheet. If possible, it would also be convenient if cantrips are always considered prepared for spell filtering purposes. Thanks again for all your work on the sheet!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Mark F. said: If possible, it would also be convenient if cantrips are always considered prepared for spell filtering purposes. May not be a perfect solution, but there's nothing stopping you marking cantrips as "prepared" anyway. One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is an option to display both prepared and ritual spells is the core page - wizards often have detect magic etc not prepared but it's nice to be able to see all available spells. Perhaps an option in the settings "Always show rituals on core spells list"? Cheers,

Edited 1454931186
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, I don't bump a version but once a day so any day by day stuff ensure you're on the very latest code. Number of spells prepared : Straight forward for single class characters. Less so for multiclass. I may add it in the future, but it's not trivial to get it correct. I don't see the spell DC and attack bonus displayed prominantly on the&nbsp; Paper Sheet . It's mentioned, but took me a bit to find. That could be relatively straight forward for single class characters (base it on default ability), but not necessarily so for multiclass. We'll see what others think. I will make cantrips prepared by default when changing the spell level. That's the best I can do in the repeating world. Making a breaking change so previously imported spells will no longer show level (as I'll now be using friendly level). I don't plan on having a lot of these type of changes, but they will happen before the final release. At least these can be easily fixed by pulling from the SRD or adjusting anything on the spell.

Edited 1454932297
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI I'm likely removing the spell page.&nbsp;This would significantly reduce the amount of lag from spells. Having them in 2 places causes twice the number of attributes. I will move the remaining filtering items to the core page. Let me know your thoughts. EDIT: my example character with 19 spells went from ~4600 fields to 3333. Definitely significant.
Have you considered handling this similarly to how the OGL sheet handles it? &nbsp;Basically have a spellbook page, but then allow a means to have anything in the spellbook added as an attack? &nbsp;This could then be removed from the core page, but still have an option for having the commonly used spells on the main page. &nbsp;If you look at the paper sheet, spells are not commonly featured on the main page, but instead a secondary page.

Edited 1454932977
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin said: Have you considered handling this similarly to how the OGL sheet handles it? &nbsp;Basically have a spellbook page, but then allow a means to have anything in the spellbook added as an attack? &nbsp;This could then be removed from the core page, but still have an option for having the commonly used spells on the main page. &nbsp;If you look at the paper sheet, spells are not commonly featured on the main page, but instead a secondary page. I don't agree with that approach. Spells are spells, not attacks. It's the same approach Actoba took on his sheet and the same I took on the earlier version of Shaped. Adding some spells in 2 places is not any better for performance, organization, sorting ability, or the ability for them to sync. Spell details are on the Core page of the Paper Sheet . Luckily we have computers and can therefore expand options and can include spells in full (as we can attacks).
Thanks Kryx. Re spell save DC and spell attack bonus being displayed prominently, I was referring to the spellcasting sheet (available in the character sheets zip file ). I have typically used the 3-page paper character sheet, which includes back story, physical traits etc and the spellcasting sheet in addition to the core sheet, but this may not be commonly used in general.
Would have to test it really, if all spells on one page reduce lag I can see liking it. I do like the two column look, but I think for reduced lag as long as the spell page filters are on the main page, I don't see any real issue with spells on core at the moment as the other spell page fields can be moved (spellcasting bonuses to settings, default ability is just character tab) I would think of putting the two column look at the bottom of the page, but that may not fit the style of the sheet. Also of note: Drag and drop weapons - They do not set finesse as default if the weapon is finesse such as drag and drop Rapier stays STR. I assume it is a pain to deal with that but drag and drop weapons is the only thing that felt "off" when testing more. However, some things like magic items are just to many odd cases to expect handling for weapons so I don't think weapon importing will ever be 100%, just finesse is the one "base" thing I saw.

Edited 1454937040
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark F. said: Thanks Kryx. Re spell save DC and spell attack bonus being displayed prominently, I was referring to the spellcasting sheet (available in the character sheets zip file ). I have typically used the 3-page paper character sheet, which includes back story, physical traits etc and the spellcasting sheet in addition to the core sheet, but this may not be commonly used in general. Well this is all a bit moot if the spells page goes away (which I think it has to for lag reasons). But I could incorporate it elsewhere (maybe core page) a standard dc and attack bonus would be nice to show like that. Vanakoji said: I would think of putting the two column look at the bottom of the page, but that may not fit the style of the sheet. It's in the center big column below attacks right now. I can't expand it out without putting it below Equipment which puts it at the bottom of the page after 1-20 inventory items. Too far I think. The only crazy idea I have floating around is to have a button to have it expand to take up the whole sheet basically. &nbsp; Vanakoji said: Also of note: Drag and drop weapons - They do not set finesse as default if the weapon is finesse such as drag and drop Rapier stays STR. I assume it is a pain to deal with that but drag and drop weapons is the only thing that felt "off" when testing more. However, some things like magic items are just to many odd cases to expect handling for weapons so I don't think weapon importing will ever be 100%, just finesse is the one "base" thing I saw. I do not currently parse Properties. I will do so for Finesse. EDIT: Done. Will be on next release.

Edited 1454937099
As all my players use the 3 page paper character sheet, I would personally prefer the Spell page to remain but the spell section to be removed from the Core page instead (as I'm assuming that would solve the issue with the large amount of fields as well). Obviously, I'll go with whatever the sheet does in the end but just my 50 cents :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm inclined to think people will prefer it on the core page based on the feedback so far, but I'm indeed curious to hear people's opinions on the matter.

Edited 1454937490
Vanakoji
KS Backer
It's in the center big column below attacks right now. I can't expand it out without putting it below Equipment which puts it at the bottom of the page after 1-20 inventory items. Too far I think. That was my thought, wouldn't look right at the bottom. I think while two columns was nice, having it on core as long as filters are there seems good. The alternative for removing having spells in two places is removing spells from core, but I think having it all in one place is nicer than having two columns, though I could use either method. Plus, having spells only on core sort of solves the "right/left" column filter issue where spells stay in their main column when sorting leaving white space when using the filters. EDIT: On the other hand, for people using equipment section a lot, having them only on the spell page makes it less messing with a lot of spells when you want to move down to the equipment section. I have a feeling that most people will prefer keeping the spell page, removing them from core. I lean a bit to core tab, but its more like 55-45 in favor of using core for spells, so not a strong preference as I am use to spells being seperate.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: FYI I'm likely removing the spell page.&nbsp;This would significantly reduce the amount of lag from spells. Having them in 2 places causes twice the number of attributes. I will move the remaining filtering items to the core page. Let me know your thoughts. EDIT: my example character with 19 spells went from ~4600 fields to 3333. Definitely significant. I think I'm probably in favour of this. The core page can be a bit cramped for editing, but if they're only going to be in one place, having them readily accessible on the front page makes more sense to me. The *ideal* (but almost certainly impossible) UI for me would be to have spells on the spells page and a then a short list of "favourites" on the core page, but I guess that's a) harder and b) might not reduce the field count enough? In general I'd certainly prioritise a more responsive sheet over marginal convenience of display, and I'd rather see more commonly used information readily available on one page than spreading over many tabs. Lucian

Edited 1454937492
I am inclined to agree with Liam that it should be removed from core and places on a separate page. &nbsp;I think between attacks, inventory, and spells all as repeating sections in the same column the center column will likely be overloaded to begin with. &nbsp;Yes, the filters will help tremendously, but even then it could get overloaded with info quickly (particularly multiclass casters).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Quick comment in regards to Equipment: It could quite easily migrate to the right column above features & traits. That would make it more prominent. It doesn't need the full width of the middle column (names would have less area, but enough to see the full name of most items).

Edited 1454938514
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: Quick comment in regards to Equipment: It could quite easily migrate to the right column above features & traits. That would make it more prominent. It doesn't need the full width of the middle column (names would have less area, but enough to see the full name of most items). I have to say that, although 5e's emphasis on integrating background and roleplaying more tightly into the game is welcome, in practice, it does seem a bit extravagant to have almost the whole of the right column dedicated to information that doesn't really get used mechanically in the course of play (especially in connection with the mechanics of the VTT); moving equipment up there and pushing those background fields down might make a lot of sense... [Edit] - or you could even, forbid the thought, move those fields right out to the "character" page?? [/Edit]

Edited 1454940777
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Background fields will stay prominent. :P I could redesign the sheet to be more usable, but familiarity is important (and also part of usability). Plus 5e purposefully made these character defining fields far more prominent than they have in the past. In the past they were relegated to a separate sheet that no one ever looked at. Opinion: &nbsp;As a former min-maxer I think it's a good thing that they're prominent on the sheet.
+1