Advertisement Create a free account

Is there a way for journals to have standard Avatar?

Well the topic says it all actually. I made like 150+ monsters. They all need an image now and I don't really care what kind of image it is. Going through all of them takes a crazy amount of time. Is there a way to set a default Avatar for all journal entries so I can at least drop tokens down of stuff I haven't given an image yet?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I would recommend you asking over in the API forum to see if a script could be made for there is no default Avatar/token for the Journals when freshly made. Now you can create one Journal with your token/avatar then just duplicate it as needed.
Thanks for the answer. Will do.
The Aaron
Forum Champion
API Scripter
Just to save you the time... on('ready',function(){     "use strict";     var getCleanImgsrc = function (imgsrc) {         var parts = imgsrc.match(/(.*\/images\/.*)(thumb|med|original|max)(.*)$/);         if(parts) {             return parts[1]+'thumb'+parts[3];         }         return;     };     on('chat:message',function(msg){         var t,img;         if('api' === msg.type && playerIsGM(msg.playerid) && msg.content.match(/^!default-avatar/) ){             if(msg.selected){                 if(1 !== msg.selected.length){                     sendChat('default-avatar','/w gm Please select only one graphic.');                 } else {                     t=getObj('graphic', msg.selected[0]._id);                     if(t){                         img=getCleanImgsrc(t.get('imgsrc'));                         if(img){                             _.chain(filterObjs(function(o){                                 return o.get('type') === 'character' &&                                     o.get('avatar') === '';                             }))                             .each(function(o,k,a){                                 o.set({                                     avatar: img                                 });                             });                         } else {                             sendChat('default-avatar','/w gm Can only use a graphic that is in a user library.  The selected graphic is in the Marketplace.  Please choose one from your library or download this one from the Marketplace and upload it to your library.');                         }                     } else {                         sendChat('default-avatar','/w gm Please select a graphic.');                     }                 }             }         }     }); }); Drag an image to your VTT (needs to be in your Library, not the Marketplace, so download/upload as needed), then select it and run this: !default-avatar It will find every character that doesn't have an avatar and set the img you selected as the avatar.

Edited 1459527304
Dudes... You guys are already enough of a reason to be part of the roll20 community! The awesome work you guys do. Well, words you are probably familiar with Aaron, but: Thank you. You are awesome!
Gold
Forum Champion
That looks like a useful idea and script solution. I'm interested and plan to try it, others will be as well.
The Aaron
Forum Champion
API Scripter
No problem!  Happy to help. =D
Gold
Forum Champion
I ran the API script from The Aaron for this, and, it worked (of course it did). I like it. All the characters who had already set their own portrait (or I had set it), were left alone. Only the ones with a blank portrait were filled with the default pic I chose. Looks nice under the Journals tab where all the characters are listed. Also works alongside Color Emote API script which is a way to put Character Avatar into chat (also by, The Aaron).