Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 2.3.2+

Edited 1461037833
@Vanakoji - Bonus Filter: No other filters on. Not sure whats up. - Druid wild shape: That fixed it. Thanks! - Poison damage on crit: Weapon is Spider Staff from the starter set: "It deals 1d6 extra poison damage on a hit when used to make a weapon attack." I guess I just assumed that it should not be doubled. Again thanks for your help! Kryx, is it possible to add a field for the number of spells able to prepare?
Vanakoji said: I have not really used much for custom classes but looking over the PDF just to make sure nothing too strange is happening with bloodhunter, nothing looks like it would be bad. What is the problem you are having? I may be able to help some, but in general its going to be the case where you just enter the abilites yourself. @Vanakoji: I'm not having any problems YET. I'm still in setup mode. I test basic functionality like importing monsters, clicking on stuff to make sure it rolls/calculates properly, etc., but I haven't used the "reshaped" sheet in game yet and I never used any kind of "custom" class with the old sheet. I'm just preparing a player's guide that covers what rules I allow in the game and I wanted to know if custom classes were going to be a pain before I offered them to my players.  Thanks everyone for the feedback! Sounds like it won't be a problem. Sweet!
I came up with a patch solution for the rogue's Reliable Talent: I'm using the "Attachers" field: If trained in a skill, these are your minimum rolls: Str: [[9+@{strength_mod}+@{pb}]] or [[9+@{strength_mod}+(@{pb}*2)]] with expertise Dex: [[9+@{dexterity_mod}+@{pb}]] or [[9+@{dexterity_mod}+(@{pb}*2)]] with expertise Int: [[9+@{intelligence_mod}+@{pb}]] or [[9+@{intelligence_mod}+(@{pb}*2)]] with expertise Wis: [[9+@{wisdom_mod}+@{pb}]] or [[9+@{wisdom_mod}+(@{pb}*2)]] with expertise Cha: [[9+@{charisma_mod}+@{pb}]] or [[9+@{charisma_mod}+(@{pb}*2)]] with expertise There's only one check box for skills. Would it be possible to get a check box for "trained skills" or for different ability scores within skills like there is for the ability checks, or are the skills not calculated the same?

Edited 1461050677
Kryx said: FYI I'm experiencing some weird behavior where repeating fields are not being set until I close the page and reopen. I'm noticing this with NPC skills in particular. The field is definitely set, but doesn't show until the sheet is closed. Hopefully this is just some random behavior. I'm also getting this behavior, at least with NPC skills. I'm using the latest sheet and script, although for this test I imported the "Veteran" NPC from the Compendium. I tried "rolling" one of the Skills that was not showing correctly to see what happened. The rolls calculated properly, but are not showing in edit or presentation mode, with the proper bonuses. In my poor quality screen snip below, the sheet should show Athletics + 5 and Perception +2. All the skills show +0. When rolled, the rolls included the proper bonuses. When I closed the sheet and reopened it, the fields were populated as they should be. That's all I got for now...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Michael, There is no distinction for containers in equipment. There was a discussion a while ago about having a secondary toggle for items that are left on a mount, ship, etc. That is the most likely route that will be taken. Thorsten, Macros should be dynamic. If I add a trait to my ancient black dragon it seems to work. If you are experiencing a case where it does not work please provide a reproduction path. John S, Bonus filtering does work. Please provide a screenshot if you are seeing it not work. Druid Wild Shape ability seems to have some malformed text. I will address this in the next version. Poison damage is correctly doubled as all dice are doubled on a crit I'll look at adding some functionality to track the number of spells prepared. Joss, There's only one check box for skills. Would it be possible to get a check box for "trained skills" or for different ability scores within skills like there is for the ability checks, or are the skills not calculated the same? I don't understand what you're asking here - skills can change their ability by clicking on the ability and selecting a different one. Unless you mean on attachers - in that case little will change there. It isn't a part of the sheet I want to focus much effort on because the effort is large and the benefit is very small as most users (myself included) rarely use it. Wade, I mentioned the same behavior above: FYI I'm experiencing some weird behavior where repeating fields are not being set until I close the page and reopen. I'm noticing this with NPC skills in particular. The field is definitely set, but doesn't show until the sheet is closed. Hopefully this is just some random behavior. I have no idea what is causing it. The sheet is setting the items correctly so it seems to be an issue on roll20's end. If you could open a bug for it I'd appreciate it.
I'm not sure if this is a character sheet issue or Support Script issue. I copy and pasted a properly formatted stat block into the GM notes section of a token and used the proper import command. The monster imported properly, but some Action descriptions are being associated with Strength upon import. This happened with the Veteran imported from the Compendium as well as this copy/paste example (Abyssal Ghoul). It is easy enough to go into edit mode, remove the Str modifier associated with the Action and then set up the damage (if necessary) appropriately. I'm just wondering why it is happening in the first place. There is no reason I can see that my example posted below should have been associated with Str. At least with the Veteran and when you click the Multi-attack description and it shows the Str mod as "damage" the attacks that would take place are melee attacks. With the Abyssal Ghoul and a Wisdom Drain attack that isn't associated with Str, it just doesn't make sense. Thanks in advance! :) 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You mean damage is being added to some items? Yes, it is an issue that I'm aware of, but is solvable by toggling it off for now so it isn't a breaking issue. My time has been very limited lately so I haven't had a chance to address these smaller issues. Things will likely remain busy for me for a week. When I get some time I plan to add some documentation like Lucian has added to the script and to handle issues via github so it's much more clear what issues exist.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
All issues are tracked here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... I'll cleanup the OP in the next post.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
2.4.14 (2016-04-19) Bug Fixes Spell Slots for Arcane Archetypes : &nbsp;Fixed by not always resetting a class's spellcasting Spellcasting trait on NPCs have auto calulated slots and the same amount of slots is being added as bonus slots caused double the spell slots on NPCs when parsing spellcasting traits : Fixed by not setting the calc value for this case. Wildshape class feature text: fixed by adding the missing "[[" Trait uses no longer overlaps in cases of short trait names and descriptions. Attacks macro button has been removed until they are complete to prevent confusion

Edited 1461076034
Looks like the new version just got pushed to Roll20, and I'm seeing an issue with the Action chat macro for NPCs. The button when clicked brings up the Roll Template in chat with the title "Actions", but when I tested it with my standard monsters (Goblin, Hobgoblin,etc) there were no actions listed under it. I tried re-filling the character sheet from the SRD, and it still didn't do anything. Is there something else I need to do to make it function?
Hey Kryx so sheets just updated and noticed a few things and have a few things to suggest or request for future updates. First thing that would be handy is that Roll 2 function is turned on as a defalt function as it is always being used from what i have played in and hosted. Next is the Combination of Feature's and Traits - It seems if take out Display text that the wording for the abilitys drops down a line for each word. e.g action surge appears like Action Surge Also an option to turn off the display text on sheet would be great as not everyone needs to read the display text to know how there ability works.&nbsp; The reordering of Features and trails is not working at the moment. Other than that the sheets a cool and thanks for hard work.

Edited 1461081655
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Atticus, Normal rolling is the default. If you wish to use the "Roll 2" option you'll have to set it on each creature or use the companion script. The purpose of this is that normal/dis/adv are now the "happy path" for the sheet - it is what I would consider the ideal usage. Combined with the buttons on the character sheet and/or with the script's ability to toggle advantage on or off I believe this gives the best user experience. It also reduces complexity on the sheet of managing multiple rolls for attacks. New features will expect the "normal/dis/adv" system.&nbsp;That said the "Roll 2" functionality is not going away nor being deprecated in any way. Trait uses wrapping was addressed in 2.4.14, but that will not be live for non-pro users for ~a week: Trait uses no longer overlaps in cases of short trait names and descriptions. Display text is turned off by clearing it - the only reason it is there is for display. The text that is output to the chat is what is in freetext. Reordering of repeating items (specifically Features & Traits) seemingly works - at least for me. Ensure you're in edit mode Click modify on the repeating section Drag the section (look for the 3 vertical lines if you need a guide)

Edited 1461088703
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
New thread:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3269297/5e-shaped-2-dot-4-13-plus" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3269297/5e-shaped-2-dot-4-13-plus</a>