Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] It's A Trap! v2.3

Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In that example, the character isn't actually activating the trap. They are just noticing it with passive perception. You can set this up by changing the trap's Passive Search Distance property.

Edited 1486741524
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Beta Updates: It's A Trap 3.4, Pathfinder Trap Theme 3.1, and Pathfinder Simple Trap Theme 3.1, Resurrected 5E Community Trap Theme, Implemented D&D 4E Trap Theme <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/pull/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/pull/</a>... The next version of It's A Trap! is ready for beta. Aside from bug fixes, this version includes the following new features: You no longer have to enter anything for the Trap Theme One-Click option. The script will automatically detect which Trap Theme you have installed and use that. It will use the default theme only if there is no other theme installed. Traps can now be integrated with the Areas Of Effect script to create Areas Of Effect graphics for the traps when they activate. The Pathfinder trap themes now support the Rogue's Trap Spotter talent. See the theme's README file for instructions. Areas of Effect had changes to its API to support integration with ItsATrap. It now publicly exposes its more useful functions for use in other scripts. To test the Areas Of Effect integration stuff, you'll need to get the new version of Areas Of Effect. After much consideration I've decided to resurrect the 5E Community trap theme. There were a lot of issues in the past with it pulling attributes from the 5E Community character sheet, but things seem to be working better now, maybe because of updates to the API. Hopefully things will stay together and it won't break due to mysterious unfixable reasons...
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nice, I'll get this setup for my game this weekend.

Edited 1486695059
John D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stephen L. said: In that example, the character isn't actually activating the trap. They are just noticing it with passive perception. You can set this up by changing the trap's Passive Search Distance property. I see, how do I actually make players active a trap through&nbsp;aura then? Or I can't do that? Nevermind, I figured out that you just have to use paths to make it work.
OK, this was working, now I keep getting an error : "ERROR - It's A Trap!: Cannot read property '1' of undefined" "TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:7609:34\n at Function._.each._.forEach (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:153:9)\n at toSegments (apiscript.js:7598:11)\n at apiscript.js:7718:41\n at iterator (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:184:16)\n at Function.&lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:199:14)\n at _.(anonymous function) [as reduce] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:1496:34)\n at _toSegmentsMany (apiscript.js:7717:12)\n at Object.toSegments (apiscript.js:7590:20)\n at Function.filterTokens (apiscript.js:8822:35)" I am using the 3.4 version of It's a Trap! and the 5E-Shaped theme the macro shows up and&nbsp; can change setting, but when I test it I get this error.
I get this error when I use either 3.3 or 3.4 of It's a Trap!.

Edited 1487126580
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scottie4442 said: I get this error when I use either 3.3 or 3.4 of It's a Trap!. You're running into the Path Math problem some other users ran into. Grab the latest patch for Path Math and you should be fine:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/master/PathMath/1.4.1/PathMath.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/master/PathMath/1.4.1/PathMath.js</a> Edit: Looks like pull requests to the API repo were processed today. So the patch should be in One-Click within a few days too.
great that fixed the problem. thanks
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's A Trap 3.4 and Path Math 1.4.1 are now available from the One-Click installer.&nbsp; The new 5E Community and 4E trap themes aren't currently in One-Click, but you can copy-paste them just fine from the Roll20 API repository. Happy trapping!
I am getting the following error in the chat: (From Trap theme: 5E-Shaped):Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. with the following JSON {"stopAt":"center","damage":"1d10","save":"dex","saveDC":13,"spotDC":15,"sound":"Electric Spark Sound Effect by Ben","fx":{"name":"blast-magic"},"gmOnly":true} it triggers the trap in chat:&nbsp; IT'S A TRAP!!! Target: Drider DEX save: 4 vs DC 13 HIT! Damage: 4 but no sound, fx or move token back to centre. am i missing something silly?

Edited 1487557911
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not getting that error message, but it could be because some auto-calculated attribute on your 5E-Shaped character sheet isn't properly set. This can usually be fixed by making sure that all dependent values for the auto-calculated attribute are also set. In some rare cases it may be necessary to rebuild the character sheet from scratch to make sure it is in a good state with its auto-calculated attributes. That's not the reason why you're not seeing sound, fx, or getting moved to the center. The reason for that is because you have gmOnly set to true. When gmOnly is true, then the only observable output should be a notification to the GM. This is best used for something like an alarm trigger or secret switch which will not be noticed by the PCs when it goes off. Also, "blast" is not a recognized fx shape. Perhaps you meant "burst-magic"? This script supports all the FX shapes and elements listed on the wiki:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_FX" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_FX</a> Aside from that, if I set gmOnly to false and fx to "burst-magic", then everything is working fine.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bug notice: If anyone is receiving the error "Areas of Effect is not defined", here is a simple fix. Create a new script with the following contents. This will be patched up in the next version. var AreasOfEffect = undefined;

Edited 1487559221
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Shouldn't that be this? As otherwise it's still undefined? var AreasOfEffect=null;
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Either works actually, as long as it is being defined in the global namespace. Setting it to undefined counts for this purpose.
Getting same error as Jon (I think) (using 3.4 and PathMath 1.4.1) : (From Trap theme: 5E-Shaped):Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Config for this trap: Trap Configuration Core properties Name Pit Trap Type trap Message The floor gives way; pit trap! Disabled no GM Only no GM Notes Shape properties Affects Flying Tokens no Blast distance 5 Stops Tokens At center Trap shape square Trigger properties Set Trigger self Other Traps Triggered Reveal properties Max Search Distance 10 When Activated yes When Spotted yes Layer objects Special properties API Command Area of Effect None Special FX None Sound Theme-specific properties Attack Bonus 10 Damage 2d6 Hide Save Result no Miss - Half Damage no Saving Throw dex Saving Throw DC 15 Spot DC 15
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Could you also provide the stack trace for the error from your API console? This would help a lot in tracking this down since more people are experiencing it.
So my error is happening whenever another token enters the detection radius of the trap. This is consistent, thus I inferred that it is a problem in the passive perception check for detecting the trap passively.&nbsp; A look at the 3.4 code's getPassivePerception function might explain the error: getPassivePerception(character) { throw new Error('Not implemented.'); } Looks like maybe Stephen hasn't implemented this yet?
Hi Stephen, Here is the API console log. The 'undefined' pops in in purple when I move a token within the detection radius of the trap. Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 849 translation strings to worker..." "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "5eShapedCompanion 1487635810338 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScripts v5.1.0 &lt;=-" "5eShapedCompanion 1487635810340 INFO : Checking config for upgrade, starting state: {\"version\":3.3,\"config\":{\"genderPronouns\":[{\"matchPattern\":\"^f$|female|girl|woman|feminine\",\"nominative\":\"she\",\"accusative\":\"her\",\"possessive\":\"her\",\"reflexive\":\"herself\"},{\"matchPattern\":\"^m$|male|boy|man|masculine\",\"nominative\":\"he\",\"accusative\":\"him\",\"possessive\":\"his\",\"reflexive\":\"himself\"},{\"matchPattern\":\"^n$|neuter|none|construct|thing|object\",\"nominative\":\"it\",\"accusative\":\"it\",\"possessive\":\"its\",\"reflexive\":\"itself\"}],\"logLevel\":\"INFO\",\"tokenSettings\":{\"number\":false,\"bar1\":{\"attribute\":\"HP\",\"max\":true,\"link\":false,\"showPlayers\":false},\"bar2\":{\"attribute\":\"speed\",\"max\":false,\"link\":true,\"showPlayers\":false},\"bar3\":{\"attribute\":\"\",\"max\":false,\"link\":false,\"showPlayers\":false},\"aura1\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"color\":\"#FFFF99\",\"square\":false},\"aura2\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"color\":\"#59e594\",\"square\":false},\"light\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"dimRadius\":\"\",\"otherPlayers\":false,\"hasSight\":true,\"angle\":360,\"losAngle\":360,\"multiplier\":1},\"showName\":true,\"showNameToPlayers\":true,\"showAura1ToPlayers\":true,\"showAura2ToPlayers\":true},\"newCharSettings\":{\"sheetOutput\":\"***default***\",\"deathSaveOutput\":\"***default***\",\"initiativeOutput\":\"***default***\",\"showNameOnRollTemplate\":\"***default***\",\"rollOptions\":\"***default***\",\"initiativeRoll\":\"\",\"initiativeToTracker\":\"\",\"breakInitiativeTies\":\"***default***\",\"showTargetAC\":false,\"showTargetName\":false,\"autoAmmo\":true,\"autoRevertAdvantage\":false,\"houserules\":{\"mediumArmorMaxDex\":2,\"saves\":{\"useCustomSaves\":false,\"useAverageOfAbilities\":false,\"fortitude\":{\"fortitudeStrength\":false,\"fortitudeDexterity\":false,\"fortitudeConstitution\":false,\"fortitudeIntelligence\":false,\"fortitudeWisdom\":false,\"fortitudeCharisma\":false},\"reflex\":{\"reflexStrength\":false,\"reflexDexterity\":false,\"reflexConstitution\":false,\"reflexIntelligence\":false,\"reflexWisdom\":false,\"reflexCharisma\":false},\"will\":{\"willStrength\":false,\"willDexterity\":false,\"willConstitution\":false,\"willIntelligence\":false,\"willWisdom\":false,\"willCharisma\":false},\"savingThrowsHalfProf\":false},\"baseDC\":\"***default***\",\"expertiseAsAdvantage\":false},\"tab\":\"***default***\",\"tokenActions\":{\"initiative\":false,\"abilityChecks\":null,\"advantageTracker\":null,\"savingThrows\":null,\"attacks\":null,\"statblock\":false,\"traits\":null,\"actions\":null,\"reactions\":null,\"legendaryActions\":null,\"lairActions\":null,\"regionalEffects\":null,\"rests\":false,\"spells\":false},\"textSizes\":{\"spellsTextSize\":\"text\",\"abilityChecksTextSize\":\"text\",\"savingThrowsTextSize\":\"text\"},\"hide\":{\"hideAttack\":\"***default***\",\"hideDamage\":\"***default***\",\"hideAbilityChecks\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrows\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowDC\":\"***default***\",\"hideSpellContent\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowFailure\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowSuccess\":\"***default***\",\"hideRecharge\":\"***default***\",\"hideFreetext\":\"***default***\",\"hideCost\":\"***default***\"},\"applyToAll\":false,\"hitDiceOutput\":\"***default***\",\"showRests\":\"***default***\"},\"advTrackerSettings\":{\"showMarkers\":true,\"ignoreNpcs\":false,\"advantageMarker\":\"green\",\"disadvantageMarker\":\"red\",\"output\":\"silent\"},\"sheetEnhancements\":{\"rollHPOnDrop\":true,\"autoHD\":true,\"autoSpellSlots\":true,\"autoTraits\":true},\"defaultGenderIndex\":2,\"variants\":{\"rests\":{\"longNoHpFullHd\":false}}}}" "Starting Fumbler v0.2.0" "-=&gt; TokenMod v0.8.25 &lt;=- [Sat Feb 11 2017 05:03:11 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - 5E-Shaped." "☒☠☒ Initialized It's A Trap! using theme '5E-Shaped' ☒☠☒" undefined
Nevermind on the 'not implemented' thing; I see the function is actually in the theme.js So, I read the getPassivePerception function in them.js. Then noticed my characters don't have a passive perception attribute. Went to the character sheet (Shaped 9.0.1), clicked the 'gear icon' to go to sheet settings. Saw "Passive Skills" was unchecked. I checked it, and now the script works perfectly!!! TL;DR: Make sure "Passive Skills" is ON in your character sheet settings tab.&nbsp;
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Glad you found out how to get it to work! A lot of the time these errors happen because of some quirkiness with how auto-calculated values work between accessing from the API vs accessing them with macros from the VTT.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bug Notice: Path triggers There is a bug in the current version that is preventing traps with path-triggers from showing their messages. To patch this, replace lines 2382 through 2383 with the following: if(effect.victim) { &nbsp; row.append('span.bold', 'Target:'); &nbsp; row.append('span', effect.victim.get('name')); }
I deleted my It'sATrap script along with PathMath and reinstalled the latest scripts using the One-Click Installer. &nbsp;Now I am getting this error message ... "TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined\n at DefaultTheme.activateEffect (apiscript.js:9027:39)\n at activateTrap (apiscript.js:6715:20)\n at apiscript.js:7088:11\n at Function._.each._.forEach (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:153:9)\n at apiscript.js:7086:11\n at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:34), :65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:34), :70:8)\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1510:12\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560\n at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)"
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
DM Robzer said: I deleted my It'sATrap script along with PathMath and reinstalled the latest scripts using the One-Click Installer. &nbsp;Now I am getting this error message ... "TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined\n at DefaultTheme.activateEffect (apiscript.js:9027:39)\n at activateTrap (apiscript.js:6715:20)\n at apiscript.js:7088:11\n at Function._.each._.forEach (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:153:9)\n at apiscript.js:7086:11\n at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:34), :65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:34), :70:8)\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1510:12\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560\n at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)" This is most likely related to the bug notice I posted just above. Apply the patch in that post and it should fix things up.

Edited 1488041660
I am not sure how to change the code when I've used the one-click install. &nbsp;Am I to find this code on, is it github? and then make the code change and manually install it? &nbsp;Or am I missing something obvious on how to make alterations to the code if installed with the One-Click setup?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I am interested in using this script, but I am curious which theme I should be using in a 4e game that is not using a 'sheet', just the Attributes & Abilities tab.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
DM Robzer said: I am not sure how to change the code when I've used the one-click install. &nbsp;Am I to find this code on, is it github? and then make the code change and manually install it? &nbsp;Or am I missing something obvious on how to make alterations to the code if installed with the One-Click setup? From the One-Click installer, you have the option to either "Add Script" or "Import". Add Script will install the script and all its dependencies. Import will add the script's source code to your list of scripts. To edit the code, you'll either need to use Import or get the code from the Github repository. GenKitty said: I am interested in using this script, but I am curious which theme I should be using in a 4e game that is not using a 'sheet', just the Attributes & Abilities tab. The trap themes are designed to be used with specific sheets. At this time, there are no generic themes for campaigns that only use the Attributes & Abilities tab without a sheet.

Edited 1488187990
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stephen L. said: GenKitty said: I am interested in using this script, but I am curious which theme I should be using in a 4e game that is not using a 'sheet', just the Attributes & Abilities tab. The trap themes are designed to be used with specific sheets. At this time, there are no generic themes for campaigns that only use the Attributes & Abilities tab without a sheet. Although you could quite easily take the existing 4e theme and tweak it to refer to the attribute names you use for the various bits :)
Thank you for pointing out the Import option/function. &nbsp;That was the ticket. &nbsp;I was able to import the scripts, change the two lines of code you cited, and also create that separate API script to handle the Areas of Effect error .... and all works well. &nbsp;Thanks again!
John D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So I want about 5 different tokens to be shown from GM layer to map layer to with a single trap trigger. I don't want 5 different traps that share 1 trigger, I want 1 trap that have 5 tokens. I used the @{selected|token_id} to get the id for those tokens, can I somehow put them in Other Traps Triggered do accomplish this, or it's impossible?

Edited 1489431864
That is why I wrote&nbsp; Layer Scripter . &nbsp;You can add all of the tokens to a marco button then use It's a trap to call the marco.

Edited 1489482558
John D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael S. said: That is why I wrote&nbsp; Layer Scripter . &nbsp;You can add all of the tokens to a marco button then use It's a trap to call the marco. It does exactly what I want, thank a lot!

Edited 1489541728
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This can be done using the API property of traps if you have TokenMod installed. For the API property of the trap, just enter "!tokenmod --set layer|objects --ids &lt;list of token IDs&gt;".
Is there a way to set a trap to only trigger once? I was attempting to do this with a TokenMod API call, but it caused errors when the trap triggered it's own dissable status icon.
Mike said: Is there a way to set a trap to only trigger once? I was attempting to do this with a TokenMod API call, but it caused errors when the trap triggered it's own dissable status icon. If you set it to move to map layer it will only trigger once.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike said: Is there a way to set a trap to only trigger once? I was attempting to do this with a TokenMod API call, but it caused errors when the trap triggered it's own dissable status icon. Could you share the API console log containing those errors?
I am not using any game specific theme but wondering if there is a way to set passive perception up in my character sheet (or whatever is needed to make the passive search trigger). I am sure this has been answered but can't seem to find the thread that explains it and I am new to this...
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Passive perception is currently only available through the system-specific trap themes.&nbsp; Just have an attribute for passive perception would not be enough for it to work. Somehow the rules for how passive perception works also need to be provided to the script. The trap themes provide these rules.
Stephen L. said: Passive perception is currently only available through the system-specific trap themes.&nbsp; Just have an attribute for passive perception would not be enough for it to work. Somehow the rules for how passive perception works also need to be provided to the script. The trap themes provide these rules. Thanks I thought that may be the case since putting a passive perception attribute did nothing.&nbsp;

Edited 1492632354
Hey, love the script! Was working great then a few days ago I started getting the following error report from the shell whenever I go to use the Trap Wizard (Using the Pathfinder theme, btw): "ItsATrapCreationWizard: Cannot read property '0' of undefined" "TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at msg (apiscript.js:13831:55)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1510:12\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400" Any ideas as to where I might start figuring this puppy out? Admittedly I am new to coding in JS so while I am happy to track the problem down, I am not quite sure what to make of the error report. Thank you in advance for your sage words! :) Update: Scratch that, I was being a moron and forgot to update the sheet data fields. Problem fixed. Thanks again for a phenomenal script, makes like much easier (for me, not so much the players &lt;evil laughter&gt;). &nbsp;

Edited 1492633100
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ethan K. said: Hey, love the script! Was working great then a few days ago I started getting the following error report from the shell whenever I go to use the Trap Wizard (Using the Pathfinder theme, btw): "ItsATrapCreationWizard: Cannot read property '0' of undefined" "TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at msg (apiscript.js:13831:55)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1510:12\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425)\n &nbsp; &nbsp; at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400" Any ideas as to where I might start figuring this puppy out? Admittedly I am new to coding in JS so while I am happy to track the problem down, I am not quite sure what to make of the error report. Thank you in advance for your sage words! :) Update: Scratch that, I was being a moron and forgot to update the sheet data fields. Problem fixed. Thanks again for a phenomenal script, makes like much easier (for me, not so much the players &lt;evil laughter&gt;). Glad you were able to answer your problem. This does remind me though.... Pathfinder Theme v3.2 PSA Gone are the days of having different trap theme scripts for each character sheet in a system. There is now just one generic Pathfinder trap theme. For it to work properly, you'll have to go to the script's options and set the sheet to whichever one you use in your game.&nbsp; If you are using your own custom sheet or use plain attributes instead of sheets, you can also manually enter in the attribute names in the other fields on the script options page. So basically, the Pathfinder theme works like the D&D 5E Generic theme now.
Can you tell me the format to use the special effects part? Is it Acid Breath, Acid-Breath, Breath, or what to get it to do a acid breath fx?
Sylverlokk said: Can you tell me the format to use the special effects part? Is it Acid Breath, Acid-Breath, Breath, or what to get it to do a acid breath fx? breath-acid
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Right, the format for using built-in effects is consistent with the documentation on the wiki's FX page:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_FX" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Custom_FX</a> EFFECT-COLOR
So I am new to the script. &nbsp;I can get the passively activated traps working as expected, but is there a way for characters to actively search? &nbsp;It would be neat if there was a roll listener so that if a character uses a "search/perception" roll that it would check against the trap.
Kevin said: So I am new to the script. &nbsp;I can get the passively activated traps working as expected, but is there a way for characters to actively search? &nbsp;It would be neat if there was a roll listener so that if a character uses a "search/perception" roll that it would check against the trap. To my knowledge, that is not built into this script (yet?). I've been using&nbsp; Scott C 's&nbsp; Customizable Roll Listener script to achieve that end though, and it works pretty well. Doesn't really require too much more planning when putting traps down if you're smart about it anyway!
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's A Trap doesn't currently support active search/perception checks. The closest thing it has right now is support for automating the rogue's trap spotter ability for the Pathfinder trap theme.
It would be really cool if I could have a trap trigger multiple api commands. It would be extremely useful in creating more complicated traps and triggers.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Duncan V. said: It would be really cool if I could have a trap trigger multiple api commands. It would be extremely useful in creating more complicated traps and triggers. Yes, that would be a good idea for a future enhancement. I'll need to think more about how to present this feature in a user-friendly way.&nbsp;
I am running a Vampire the Masquerade game and am wondering if this script will work with that system?&nbsp; I believe I can set an attribute for their perception so they can see them passively. Will that work?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't currently have a trap theme for the Vampire the Masquerade system to support passive perception. If you could provide a good description of the rules for how traps and passive perception work in the system, then I might be able to make one.