Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] It's A Trap! v2.3

Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A trap is 'active' as soon as it is on the GM layer and has the cobweb status icon. The Activate Trap command does just that and is used for manually 'triggering' a trap.
thanks got that to work lol. anyway to set them to spot on Perception checks instead for passive perception?

Edited 1478275707
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Salicar said: thanks got that to work lol. anyway to set them to spot on Perception checks instead for passive perception? No, it only automates passive perception. What sort of use case would you have for this? If your characters are actively making Perception checks, could you not just move the trap to the map/objects layer if any of them succeed? Automating this process would require a lot of work for very little benefit.
A couple questions: Any chance that if the trap is not in line of sight via dynamic lighting, can it not be perceived? Also, is there a way to change the header and italicized part of the spot message from 'IT'S A TRAP!!!" to something else?
ok thanks just wondering if that was in there and didn't see it. thanks great job
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nate said: A couple questions: Any chance that if the trap is not in line of sight via dynamic lighting, can it not be perceived? Also, is there a way to change the header and italicized part of the spot message from 'IT'S A TRAP!!!" to something else? 1) Traps cannot be perceived if line of sight is blocked by dynamic lighting. 2) No. Is there a use case for wanting it to be something else?

Edited 1478328974
Stephen L. said: Nate said: A couple questions: Any chance that if the trap is not in line of sight via dynamic lighting, can it not be perceived? Also, is there a way to change the header and italicized part of the spot message from 'IT'S A TRAP!!!" to something else? 1) Traps cannot be perceived if line of sight is blocked by dynamic lighting. 2) No. Is there a use case for wanting it to be something else? I think he was thinking in the way like. You see a hidden door or you see a note etc.  So it does not say "It's a Trap" you see a hidden door. Its kinda funny but as it is a trap mod, asking it to do other things is up to the script writer. 
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Salicar said: Stephen L. said: Nate said: A couple questions: Any chance that if the trap is not in line of sight via dynamic lighting, can it not be perceived? Also, is there a way to change the header and italicized part of the spot message from 'IT'S A TRAP!!!" to something else? 1) Traps cannot be perceived if line of sight is blocked by dynamic lighting. 2) No. Is there a use case for wanting it to be something else? I think he was thinking in the way like. You see a hidden door or you see a note etc.  So it does not say "It's a Trap" you see a hidden door. Its kinda funny but as it is a trap mod, asking it to do other things is up to the script writer.  Ah, ok. I can see the reasoning behind that. Since its beginning, the script has evolved beyond just being used for traps.
am i just missing something obvious? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add sound to a trap in the current version. Ive typed the name of the sound effect from jukebox into the field identically....nothing iv tried dragging it over to the field....nothing. If anyone could assist id be very thankful
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thomas m. said: am i just missing something obvious? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add sound to a trap in the current version. Ive typed the name of the sound effect from jukebox into the field identically....nothing iv tried dragging it over to the field....nothing. If anyone could assist id be very thankful Appears to be working fine for me. Are you sure that you've typed in the sound's name exactly how it appears in the jukebox? Remember that these names are case-sensitive.
Ravenknight said: Stephen L. said: Ravenknight said: Stephen L. said: Ravenknight said: Is the aura effect for all characters in range enabled in the 5ed OGL trap theme? Edit: I can make it attack three characters but the names won't show in the message. It's enabled for all themes. I must have broken something. (Again) :( It's a trap won't show any names at all now. {"attack": 4, "damage": "2d8 + 6", "fx": "explode-death", "message": "A sharpened pole suspended from a rusty chain slams forward", "sound": "Swinging Scythe Trap"} Are there any other installations beside It's a trap, Trap Theme and the HTML builder? There's Token Collisions, Path Math, Matrix Math, and Vector Math. Wasn't that then. They are all installed. Oh well, it works, that's the main thing. :) I can live without names. I am not getting the names either. They show on the passive perception checks but not on the attack notices
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gary W. said: Ravenknight said: Stephen L. said: Ravenknight said: Stephen L. said: Ravenknight said: Is the aura effect for all characters in range enabled in the 5ed OGL trap theme? Edit: I can make it attack three characters but the names won't show in the message. It's enabled for all themes. I must have broken something. (Again) :( It's a trap won't show any names at all now. {"attack": 4, "damage": "2d8 + 6", "fx": "explode-death", "message": "A sharpened pole suspended from a rusty chain slams forward", "sound": "Swinging Scythe Trap"} Are there any other installations beside It's a trap, Trap Theme and the HTML builder? There's Token Collisions, Path Math, Matrix Math, and Vector Math. Wasn't that then. They are all installed. Oh well, it works, that's the main thing. :) I can live without names. I am not getting the names either. They show on the passive perception checks but not on the attack notices Ah... I see now. I'll add it to the roadmap to show who activated it then.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stephen L. said: thomas m. said: am i just missing something obvious? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add sound to a trap in the current version. Ive typed the name of the sound effect from jukebox into the field identically....nothing iv tried dragging it over to the field....nothing. If anyone could assist id be very thankful Appears to be working fine for me. Are you sure that you've typed in the sound's name exactly how it appears in the jukebox? Remember that these names are case-sensitive. Also check to make sure you don't have some lingering SoundCloud tracks with the same name as those you are trying to use, I find that they seem to take precedence over more recently added ones and (naturally) fail to play.
I second the vote to be able to change the header to something other than it's a trap.  I'd love to use this as a method to have loot lying around and have players stumble across it.  Or to find secret doors.  :) Thank you very much for the menu, it's far easier to work with now, though I still have trouble getting the trap to work properly from time to time.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sudain said: I second the vote to be able to change the header to something other than it's a trap.  I'd love to use this as a method to have loot lying around and have players stumble across it.  Or to find secret doors.  :) Thank you very much for the menu, it's far easier to work with now, though I still have trouble getting the trap to work properly from time to time. I need more information in order to help you. What is giving you trouble with getting your traps to work?  Different headers is on the roadmap for the next version. :)
Shadowrun 5e theme pls :)
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin Flynn said: Shadowrun 5e theme pls :) I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Shadowrun system. :/ I might be able to make a Shadowrun theme sometime if you could provide some clear and concise rules on how the rules trap attacks and passive perception work in the system. No guarantees it will be exactly what you want though since I'm unfamiliar with the system. Having said this, if there are other coders out there more familiar with other systems, I could help you all in implementing trap themes for these systems. A lot of my efforts in the latest updates to Its A Trap have been to try to make new themes as easy as possible to implement.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Finally got around to really putting the latest awesome updates through their paces... strange thing keeps happening though, for some reason (using the 3.5e theme) it will not use a tokens armour class, simply defaults to 10 no matter what? Pre-posting edit!: Just realised the issue, the theme looks for attributes named armorclass, spot and the required save attribute but ALL of these are autocalc'd fields that don't have attributes by default but DO have values by default. Therefore the script is creating these attributes with a value of 0 when a trap is first encountered which is giving a AC of 10 for everyone, a spot chance = to a single die roll as well as a save = to the value of a roll alone too. Essentially the theme needs to only retrieve the values of those fields since they are there on a new sheet (defaulted to AC=10, Spot=0 and Ref/Will/Fort=0) anyway? Hope that makes sense...
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also, while i'm on it... how hard would it be to add another function to the theme, one that looks to see if the token colliding with the auras has a particular status icon on it and if it does it uses search over spot for finding traps?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ziechael said: Finally got around to really putting the latest awesome updates through their paces... strange thing keeps happening though, for some reason (using the 3.5e theme) it will not use a tokens armour class, simply defaults to 10 no matter what? Pre-posting edit!: Just realised the issue, the theme looks for attributes named armorclass, spot and the required save attribute but ALL of these are autocalc'd fields that don't have attributes by default but DO have values by default. Therefore the script is creating these attributes with a value of 0 when a trap is first encountered which is giving a AC of 10 for everyone, a spot chance = to a single die roll as well as a save = to the value of a roll alone too. Essentially the theme needs to only retrieve the values of those fields since they are there on a new sheet (defaulted to AC=10, Spot=0 and Ref/Will/Fort=0) anyway? Hope that makes sense... Yeah, weird stuff sometimes happens with auto-calculated fields from the character sheets. This is because the way inline rolls are resolved to get character sheet attribute values in the API via sendChat is inconsistent with how inline rolls work in the chat and macros. The best I can do about this is hacky work-arounds that try to use default values if they can't be resolved. Ziechael said: Also, while i'm on it... how hard would it be to add another function to the theme, one that looks to see if the token colliding with the auras has a particular status icon on it and if it does it uses search over spot for finding traps? That probably wouldn't be terribly hard to do. I would probably use the bleeding-eye status to tell whether to use Search instead of Spot for passive perception there.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stephen L. said: Yeah, weird stuff sometimes happens with auto-calculated fields from the character sheets. This is because the way inline rolls are resolved to get character sheet attribute values in the API via sendChat is inconsistent with how inline rolls work in the chat and macros. The best I can do about this is hacky work-arounds that try to use default values if they can't be resolved. Tell me about it! lol, I can get the armorclass one to resolve fine by simply removing the if part of the function (lines 40-45) but the others are beyond me ken at present but if set up to work similar to the AC then they should resolve fine due to how the sheet provides values by default... right?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ziechael said: Stephen L. said: Yeah, weird stuff sometimes happens with auto-calculated fields from the character sheets. This is because the way inline rolls are resolved to get character sheet attribute values in the API via sendChat is inconsistent with how inline rolls work in the chat and macros. The best I can do about this is hacky work-arounds that try to use default values if they can't be resolved. Tell me about it! lol, I can get the armorclass one to resolve fine by simply removing the if part of the function (lines 40-45) but the others are beyond me ken at present but if set up to work similar to the AC then they should resolve fine due to how the sheet provides values by default... right? Not necessarily. SendChat's inline rolls don't usually pick up default values for character sheet attributes either. A long time ago I put in a bug report for sendChat to resolve attributes in inline rolls consistently with how it works in the chat (where it automagically figures out the auto-calculated and default values). This seems to have gotten nowhere though, which is a shame because that would solve a lot of problems for the trap theme scripts and for probably other scripts that interact with character sheet attributes as well.

Edited 1479641074
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fair point, it's a problem for sure... I'll play around (with my limited understanding reinforced by pestering Aaron) and see if I can find a reliable solution for the attribute issue. In the meantime, since it wouldn't be one of my posts without another suggestion/wish/annoyance: Could the saves include a token's name as well as the results as it is hard to tell who succeeds and who fails for AoE traps at present? :) [edit] I've managed to hack something that makes armour class and the save resolve properly (but likely weakened the integrity of the overall script lol), totally broken passiveSearch though ;)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ziechael said: Fair point, it's a problem for sure... I'll play around (with my limited understanding reinforced by pestering Aaron) and see if I can find a reliable solution for the attribute issue. For solving a similar problem in Group Initiative, look at the findInitBonus() function (or some such. Should be the only place that calls getAttrByName(). ). 

Edited 1479734411
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Me again! When using the triggers function I get an odd output into the console, the first line appears to be the json from the triggered trap followed by a few lines of simply [], not a huge issue as it works as expected but just wondered if it was something I'm doing wrong?: [{"_id":"-KX5p0h4sh1nFW1YkSYk","_pageid":"-KVk1zsT6SPO-DJ1Fq0R","left":875,"top":105,"width":70,"height":70,"rotation":0,"layer":"gmlayer","isdrawing":false,"flipv":false,"fliph":false,"imgsrc":"<a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace/38372/Ws1zVj69qRL1pbcspAlnVA/thumb.png?1400440324555&quot;,&quot;name&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;gmnotes&quot;:&quot;%7B%22fx%22%3A%7B%22name%22%3A%22beam-blood%22%2C%22offset%22%3A%5B0%2C0%5D%2C%22direction%22%3A%5B3%2C3%5D%7D%2C%22message%22%3A%22test%22%2C%22revealToPlayers%22%3Atrue%2C%22revealWhenSpotted%22%3Atrue%2C%22sound%22%3A%22Splat%22%2C%22stopAt%22%3A%22edge%22%2C%22attack%22%3A10%2C%22damage%22%3A%2210d6+7%22%2C%22hideSave%22%3Atrue%2C%22missHalf%22%3Atrue%2C%22save%22%3A%22ref%22%2C%22saveDC%22%3A10%2C%22spotDC%22%3A100%7D&quot;,&quot;controlledby&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar1_value&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar1_max&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar1_link&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar2_value&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar2_max&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar2_link&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar3_value&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar3_max&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar3_link&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;represents&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;aura1_radius&quot;:&quot;50&quot;,&quot;aura1_color&quot;:&quot;#FFFF99&quot;,&quot;aura1_square&quot;:false,&quot;aura2_radius&quot;:&quot;15&quot;,&quot;aura2_color&quot;:&quot;#59E594&quot;,&quot;aura2_square&quot;:false,&quot;tint_color&quot;:&quot;transparent&quot;,&quot;statusmarkers&quot;:&quot;cobweb,bleeding-eye&quot;,&quot;showname&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_name&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_bar1&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_bar2&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_bar3&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_aura1&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_aura2&quot;:false,&quot;playersedit_name&quot;:true,&quot;playersedit_bar1&quot;:true,&quot;playersedit_bar2&quot;:true,&quot;playersedit_bar3&quot;:true,&quot;playersedit_aura1&quot;:true,&quot;playersedit_aura2&quot;:true,&quot;light_radius&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;light_dimradius&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;light_otherplayers&quot;:false,&quot;light_hassight&quot;:false,&quot;light_angle&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;light_losangle&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;light_multiplier&quot;:1,&quot;sides&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;currentSide&quot;:0,&quot;lastmove&quot;:&quot;639,90&quot;,&quot;_type&quot;:&quot;graphic&quot;,&quot;_subtype&quot;:&quot;token&quot;,&quot;_cardid" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace/38372/Ws1zVj69qRL1pbcspAlnVA/thumb.png?1400440324555","name":"","gmnotes":"%7B%22fx%22%3A%7B%22name%22%3A%22beam-blood%22%2C%22offset%22%3A%5B0%2C0%5D%2C%22direction%22%3A%5B3%2C3%5D%7D%2C%22message%22%3A%22test%22%2C%22revealToPlayers%22%3Atrue%2C%22revealWhenSpotted%22%3Atrue%2C%22sound%22%3A%22Splat%22%2C%22stopAt%22%3A%22edge%22%2C%22attack%22%3A10%2C%22damage%22%3A%2210d6+7%22%2C%22hideSave%22%3Atrue%2C%22missHalf%22%3Atrue%2C%22save%22%3A%22ref%22%2C%22saveDC%22%3A10%2C%22spotDC%22%3A100%7D","controlledby":"","bar1_value":"","bar1_max":"","bar1_link":"","bar2_value":"","bar2_max":"","bar2_link":"","bar3_value":"","bar3_max":"","bar3_link":"","represents":"","aura1_radius":"50","aura1_color":"#FFFF99","aura1_square":false,"aura2_radius":"15","aura2_color":"#59E594","aura2_square":false,"tint_color":"transparent","statusmarkers":"cobweb,bleeding-eye","showname":false,"showplayers_name":false,"showplayers_bar1":false,"showplayers_bar2":false,"showplayers_bar3":false,"showplayers_aura1":false,"showplayers_aura2":false,"playersedit_name":true,"playersedit_bar1":true,"playersedit_bar2":true,"playersedit_bar3":true,"playersedit_aura1":true,"playersedit_aura2":true,"light_radius":"","light_dimradius":"","light_otherplayers":false,"light_hassight":false,"light_angle":"","light_losangle":"","light_multiplier":1,"sides":"","currentSide":0,"lastmove":"639,90","_type":"graphic","_subtype":"token","_cardid</a>":""}] [] [] [] [] Side note, what is the syntax for multiple triggers from the same trap?&nbsp;["-KX5p0h4sh1nFW1YkSYk,-KX61DRIr3qLyMM8q4vh"] doesn't seem to work...
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ziechael said: Me again! When using the triggers function I get an odd output into the console, the first line appears to be the json from the triggered trap followed by a few lines of simply [], not a huge issue as it works as expected but just wondered if it was something I'm doing wrong?: [{"_id":"-KX5p0h4sh1nFW1YkSYk","_pageid":"-KVk1zsT6SPO-DJ1Fq0R","left":875,"top":105,"width":70,"height":70,"rotation":0,"layer":"gmlayer","isdrawing":false,"flipv":false,"fliph":false,"imgsrc":"<a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace/38372/Ws1zVj69qRL1pbcspAlnVA/thumb.png?1400440324555&quot;,&quot;name&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;gmnotes&quot;:&quot;%7B%22fx%22%3A%7B%22name%22%3A%22beam-blood%22%2C%22offset%22%3A%5B0%2C0%5D%2C%22direction%22%3A%5B3%2C3%5D%7D%2C%22message%22%3A%22test%22%2C%22revealToPlayers%22%3Atrue%2C%22revealWhenSpotted%22%3Atrue%2C%22sound%22%3A%22Splat%22%2C%22stopAt%22%3A%22edge%22%2C%22attack%22%3A10%2C%22damage%22%3A%2210d6+7%22%2C%22hideSave%22%3Atrue%2C%22missHalf%22%3Atrue%2C%22save%22%3A%22ref%22%2C%22saveDC%22%3A10%2C%22spotDC%22%3A100%7D&quot;,&quot;controlledby&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar1_value&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar1_max&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar1_link&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar2_value&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar2_max&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar2_link&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar3_value&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar3_max&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;bar3_link&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;represents&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;aura1_radius&quot;:&quot;50&quot;,&quot;aura1_color&quot;:&quot;#FFFF99&quot;,&quot;aura1_square&quot;:false,&quot;aura2_radius&quot;:&quot;15&quot;,&quot;aura2_color&quot;:&quot;#59E594&quot;,&quot;aura2_square&quot;:false,&quot;tint_color&quot;:&quot;transparent&quot;,&quot;statusmarkers&quot;:&quot;cobweb,bleeding-eye&quot;,&quot;showname&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_name&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_bar1&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_bar2&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_bar3&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_aura1&quot;:false,&quot;showplayers_aura2&quot;:false,&quot;playersedit_name&quot;:true,&quot;playersedit_bar1&quot;:true,&quot;playersedit_bar2&quot;:true,&quot;playersedit_bar3&quot;:true,&quot;playersedit_aura1&quot;:true,&quot;playersedit_aura2&quot;:true,&quot;light_radius&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;light_dimradius&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;light_otherplayers&quot;:false,&quot;light_hassight&quot;:false,&quot;light_angle&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;light_losangle&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;light_multiplier&quot;:1,&quot;sides&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;currentSide&quot;:0,&quot;lastmove&quot;:&quot;639,90&quot;,&quot;_type&quot;:&quot;graphic&quot;,&quot;_subtype&quot;:&quot;token&quot;,&quot;_cardid" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/marketplace/38372/Ws1zVj69qRL1pbcspAlnVA/thumb.png?1400440324555","name":"","gmnotes":"%7B%22fx%22%3A%7B%22name%22%3A%22beam-blood%22%2C%22offset%22%3A%5B0%2C0%5D%2C%22direction%22%3A%5B3%2C3%5D%7D%2C%22message%22%3A%22test%22%2C%22revealToPlayers%22%3Atrue%2C%22revealWhenSpotted%22%3Atrue%2C%22sound%22%3A%22Splat%22%2C%22stopAt%22%3A%22edge%22%2C%22attack%22%3A10%2C%22damage%22%3A%2210d6+7%22%2C%22hideSave%22%3Atrue%2C%22missHalf%22%3Atrue%2C%22save%22%3A%22ref%22%2C%22saveDC%22%3A10%2C%22spotDC%22%3A100%7D","controlledby":"","bar1_value":"","bar1_max":"","bar1_link":"","bar2_value":"","bar2_max":"","bar2_link":"","bar3_value":"","bar3_max":"","bar3_link":"","represents":"","aura1_radius":"50","aura1_color":"#FFFF99","aura1_square":false,"aura2_radius":"15","aura2_color":"#59E594","aura2_square":false,"tint_color":"transparent","statusmarkers":"cobweb,bleeding-eye","showname":false,"showplayers_name":false,"showplayers_bar1":false,"showplayers_bar2":false,"showplayers_bar3":false,"showplayers_aura1":false,"showplayers_aura2":false,"playersedit_name":true,"playersedit_bar1":true,"playersedit_bar2":true,"playersedit_bar3":true,"playersedit_aura1":true,"playersedit_aura2":true,"light_radius":"","light_dimradius":"","light_otherplayers":false,"light_hassight":false,"light_angle":"","light_losangle":"","light_multiplier":1,"sides":"","currentSide":0,"lastmove":"639,90","_type":"graphic","_subtype":"token","_cardid</a>":""}] [] [] [] [] Side note, what is the syntax for multiple triggers from the same trap?&nbsp;["-KX5p0h4sh1nFW1YkSYk,-KX61DRIr3qLyMM8q4vh"] doesn't seem to work... Are you modifying the JSON directly? It looks like you're missing your quotes in between the two IDs. So it is treating them as one big string.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: Ziechael said: Fair point, it's a problem for sure... I'll play around (with my limited understanding reinforced by pestering Aaron) and see if I can find a reliable solution for the attribute issue. For solving a similar problem in Group Initiative, look at the findInitBonus() function (or some such. Should be the only place that calls getAttrByName(). ).&nbsp; Thanks, I'll take a look at that.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stephen L. said: Ziechael said: [edited for brevity... assume stupidity lies here] Are you modifying the JSON directly? It looks like you're missing your quotes in between the two IDs. So it is treating them as one big string. Ahh, that'll be it, I used the set up tool to add the first one to get the right syntax for that section but then added the second one manually... so&nbsp;["-KX5p0h4sh1nFW1YkSYk,-KX61DRIr3qLyMM8q4vh"] should be&nbsp;["-KX5p0h4sh1nFW1YkSYk "," -KX61DRIr3qLyMM8q4vh"]... which works beautifully of course!! Thanks for your continued patience with my ignorance :)
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ziechael said: Stephen L. said: Ziechael said: [edited for brevity... assume stupidity lies here] Are you modifying the JSON directly? It looks like you're missing your quotes in between the two IDs. So it is treating them as one big string. Ahh, that'll be it, I used the set up tool to add the first one to get the right syntax for that section but then added the second one manually... so&nbsp;["-KX5p0h4sh1nFW1YkSYk,-KX61DRIr3qLyMM8q4vh"] should be&nbsp;["-KX5p0h4sh1nFW1YkSYk "," -KX61DRIr3qLyMM8q4vh"]... which works beautifully of course!! Thanks for your continued patience with my ignorance :) You can also specify multiple triggers through the menu interface. Just separate each name/ID with a comma.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Update: It's A Trap 3.1 now available from beta Get it here: <a href="https://github.com/Cazra/roll20-api-scripts/tree/t" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Cazra/roll20-api-scripts/tree/t</a>... Updates include: When you open the trap creation wizard for a token, that token is automatically set to be a trap. You can now specify whether a trap is actually a trap, a secret door, or some other hidden secret. You can now specify which layer individual traps are revealed to (default is map layer). This deprecates the revealTrapsToMap user option. Trap activation messages now tell you who is being targeted by the trap. Trap properties in the menu now have tooltips to explain them.
I've download the API script via the quick-add, and tried setting up a quick trap by placing down a boulder and starting the Trap maker wizard via macro, I only put in the name in the core-properties, and all the theme-properties, but after activating it on a token, and trying to walk another token over it, it did not want to activate the trap on its now. And now any extra trap I wish to make, when I press the trap-maker macro, it creates the macro retroactively in my chat, not even showing up as a new chat entry? and it wont let me edit any properties any more? I'm not that experienced with API's in general, but I don't think I messed something up this bad, anyone experienced this before?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Firepants said: I've download the API script via the quick-add, and tried setting up a quick trap by placing down a boulder and starting the Trap maker wizard via macro, I only put in the name in the core-properties, and all the theme-properties, but after activating it on a token, and trying to walk another token over it, it did not want to activate the trap on its now. And now any extra trap I wish to make, when I press the trap-maker macro, it creates the macro retroactively in my chat, not even showing up as a new chat entry? and it wont let me edit any properties any more? I'm not that experienced with API's in general, but I don't think I messed something up this bad, anyone experienced this before? Did you place the trap on the GM layer? Traps will only trigger if they're placed on the GM layer.

Edited 1481044855
I placed it on the Token layer, then moved it to the GM layer, but its not only the trigger thats giving me problems now, I cant make any new traps because the Trap-maker macro is bugging out for me, sending the macro wizard in chat behind the first macro (if that make sense?), and when I try to edit the properties on any of the currently 10 macros open they just stay the same.

Edited 1481047052
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If the new menus are somehow being placed behind the old menus in the chat, then that would be a bug in the chat system itself (which I doubt is the problem).&nbsp; Do you mean instead that you're editing the trap with one of the old menus? Each time you make a change, it displays a new menu with the new properties you just defined, but it might not autoscroll down to it.
Great update to a great script, Stephen!&nbsp; I've got the trap part working, but it doesn't seem to be triggering on the character's Passive Perception when they pass within the arc.&nbsp; I specifically made a trap low enough for their passive perception to trigger it (DC 10 vs 13 Passive Perception), but it's not working.&nbsp; It does spring the trap when I move the token past it, however.&nbsp; Is there something I'm missing? I'm using the One-Click 5e-OGL theme. I did get a couple of errors during the setup phase.&nbsp; I'll post from the API chat: Spinning up new sandbox... "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.20 &lt;=- [Thu Sep 15 2016 13:38:13 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; EasyExperience v1.1 &lt;=- [Fri Oct 07 2016 21:41:37 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TimeTracker v0.3 is ready! Time format is set to 12-hours. &lt;=-" "DynamicLightRecorder 1481363935906 INFO : -=&gt; DynamicLightRecorder v1.0.1 &lt;=-" "-=&gt; MonsterHitDice v0.3.6 &lt;=- [Mon Aug 15 2016 13:08:21 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.9 &lt;=- [Wed Mar 09 2016 22:41:32 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenMod v0.8.23 &lt;=- [Thu Nov 10 2016 19:21:57 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - 5E-OGL." "☒☠☒ Initialized It's A Trap! using theme 'default' ☒☠☒" Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The name "/campaign-1542734-XgnlDx9LArYQcPYp9Jlrkg" is already in use by container bfc9a12b9aa9576c66e731aa36be87d29306c8c871091e381096c0fef2b7083e. You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.. See 'docker run --help'. Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The name "/campaign-1542734-XgnlDx9LArYQcPYp9Jlrkg" is already in use by container bfc9a12b9aa9576c66e731aa36be87d29306c8c871091e381096c0fef2b7083e. You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.. See 'docker run --help'. "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.20 &lt;=- [Thu Sep 15 2016 13:38:13 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; EasyExperience v1.1 &lt;=- [Fri Oct 07 2016 21:41:37 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TimeTracker v0.3 is ready! Time format is set to 12-hours. &lt;=-" "DynamicLightRecorder 1481364157861 INFO : -=&gt; DynamicLightRecorder v1.0.1 &lt;=-" "-=&gt; MonsterHitDice v0.3.6 &lt;=- [Mon Aug 15 2016 13:08:21 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.9 &lt;=- [Wed Mar 09 2016 22:41:32 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenMod v0.8.23 &lt;=- [Thu Nov 10 2016 19:21:57 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - 5E-OGL." "☒☠☒ Initialized It's A Trap! using theme '5E-OGL' ☒☠☒" Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.20 &lt;=- [Thu Sep 15 2016 13:38:13 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; EasyExperience v1.1 &lt;=- [Fri Oct 07 2016 21:41:37 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TimeTracker v0.3 is ready! Time format is set to 12-hours. &lt;=-" "DynamicLightRecorder 1481364210888 INFO : -=&gt; DynamicLightRecorder v1.0.1 &lt;=-" "-=&gt; MonsterHitDice v0.3.6 &lt;=- [Mon Aug 15 2016 13:08:21 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.9 &lt;=- [Wed Mar 09 2016 22:41:32 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenMod v0.8.23 &lt;=- [Thu Nov 10 2016 19:21:57 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - 5E-OGL." "☒☠☒ Initialized It's A Trap! using theme '5E-OGL' ☒☠☒" "spotDC" ["15"] "missHalf" ["no"] "attack" ["6"] "damage" ["2d10"] "save" ["dex"] "saveDC" ["10"] "saveDC" [""] "save" ["none"] Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains NaN in property 'aura1_radius' Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains NaN in property 'aura1_radius' at Error (native) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:9:186) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:207) at Aa (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:8:462) at Ea (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:403) at H.J.update (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:146:318) at TrackedObj._doSave (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:753:27) at later [as _onTimeout] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:828:25) at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:92:15) Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.20 &lt;=- [Thu Sep 15 2016 13:38:13 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; EasyExperience v1.1 &lt;=- [Fri Oct 07 2016 21:41:37 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TimeTracker v0.3 is ready! Time format is set to 12-hours. &lt;=-" "DynamicLightRecorder 1481365874440 INFO : -=&gt; DynamicLightRecorder v1.0.1 &lt;=-" "-=&gt; MonsterHitDice v0.3.6 &lt;=- [Mon Aug 15 2016 13:08:21 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.9 &lt;=- [Wed Mar 09 2016 22:41:32 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenMod v0.8.23 &lt;=- [Thu Nov 10 2016 19:21:57 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - 5E-OGL." "☒☠☒ Initialized It's A Trap! using theme '5E-OGL' ☒☠☒" "attack" ["3"] "spotDC" ["10"] "damage" ["1d10"] "ItsATrapCreationWizard: Cannot read property '0' of undefined" "TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:11060:55\n at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:144:34), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:144:34), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8)\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1394:12\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560\n at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)\n at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546)\n at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489)\n at Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425)\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400" Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.20 &lt;=- [Thu Sep 15 2016 13:38:13 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; EasyExperience v1.1 &lt;=- [Fri Oct 07 2016 21:41:37 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TimeTracker v0.3 is ready! Time format is set to 12-hours. &lt;=-" "DynamicLightRecorder 1481366190549 INFO : -=&gt; DynamicLightRecorder v1.0.1 &lt;=-" "-=&gt; MonsterHitDice v0.3.6 &lt;=- [Mon Aug 15 2016 13:08:21 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.9 &lt;=- [Wed Mar 09 2016 22:41:32 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; TokenMod v0.8.23 &lt;=- [Thu Nov 10 2016 19:21:57 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - 5E-OGL." "☒☠☒ Initialized It's A Trap! using theme '5E-OGL' ☒☠☒" "ItsATrapCreationWizard: Cannot read property '0' of undefined" "TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:11060:55\n at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:144:34), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:144:34), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8)\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1394:12\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560\n at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)\n at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546)\n at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489)\n at Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425)\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400" "ItsATrapCreationWizard: Cannot read property '0' of undefined" "TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:11060:55\n at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:144:34), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:144:34), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8)\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1394:12\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560\n at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)\n at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546)\n at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489)\n at Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425)\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400" "ItsATrapCreationWizard: Cannot read property '0' of undefined" "TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:11060:55\n at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:144:34), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:144:34), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8)\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1394:12\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560\n at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147)\n at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546)\n at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489)\n at Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425)\n at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400" "attack" ["3"] "damage" ["1d10"] "spotDC" ["10"]
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for sharing your stack trace. It helped me identify quickly what your problem might be. When you are setting up your traps, you MUST have the trap's token selected as you set its properties in the menu. If you don't have any trap selected, you'll see those errors in the log. Hope this helps!

Edited 1481461088
Stephen L. said: If the new menus are somehow being placed behind the old menus in the chat, then that would be a bug in the chat system itself (which I doubt is the problem).&nbsp; Do you mean instead that you're editing the trap with one of the old menus? Each time you make a change, it displays a new menu with the new properties you just defined, but it might not auto scroll down to it. EDIT: I just noticed that all my API scripts died after I played around with It's a trap, ill try deleting it and reinstating it, see if it fixes anything. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sorry it took me a while to respond. Let me explain exactly what I do, I put down a token (example, a boulder), I put it on the GM layer, I add the web status effect on it, and then I click the macro while having the boulder selected. No new chat entry is being made. It was made when I first installed the script, now it just stopped, it wont make any more, and I cant edit the ones that are in my chat history at the moment (exactly 10 at the moment, and no new ones being created), could it be that I accidentally "activated" a trap while having a player token selected by mistake, and it bugged the script out? Would disabling and reenabling the script jog something in the process?
Stephen L. said: Thanks for sharing your stack trace. It helped me identify quickly what your problem might be. When you are setting up your traps, you MUST have the trap's token selected as you set its properties in the menu. If you don't have any trap selected, you'll see those errors in the log. Hope this helps! Yes, I seem to be getting it to work, but now I've run into another issue.&nbsp; I was testing the spotting function, and it works - that is, I bring a token with a passive perception high enough to reveal the trap within range and it reveals the trap, sending it to the map.&nbsp; But then, I "re-set" the trap (put it back on the GM layer), and the trap still gets triggered by the token, but it is not revealed when the token comes into the passive perception range.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Firepants said: Stephen L. said: If the new menus are somehow being placed behind the old menus in the chat, then that would be a bug in the chat system itself (which I doubt is the problem).&nbsp; Do you mean instead that you're editing the trap with one of the old menus? Each time you make a change, it displays a new menu with the new properties you just defined, but it might not auto scroll down to it. EDIT: I just noticed that all my API scripts died after I played around with It's a trap, ill try deleting it and reinstating it, see if it fixes anything. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sorry it took me a while to respond. Let me explain exactly what I do, I put down a token (example, a boulder), I put it on the GM layer, I add the web status effect on it, and then I click the macro while having the boulder selected. No new chat entry is being made. It was made when I first installed the script, now it just stopped, it wont make any more, and I cant edit the ones that are in my chat history at the moment (exactly 10 at the moment, and no new ones being created), could it be that I accidentally "activated" a trap while having a player token selected by mistake, and it bugged the script out? Would disabling and reenabling the script jog something in the process? Could you do a few things for me? Post your API log trace. Open the boulder's GM Notes, and post its contents here too. What theme are you using?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gozer the Gozerian said: Stephen L. said: Thanks for sharing your stack trace. It helped me identify quickly what your problem might be. When you are setting up your traps, you MUST have the trap's token selected as you set its properties in the menu. If you don't have any trap selected, you'll see those errors in the log. Hope this helps! Yes, I seem to be getting it to work, but now I've run into another issue.&nbsp; I was testing the spotting function, and it works - that is, I bring a token with a passive perception high enough to reveal the trap within range and it reveals the trap, sending it to the map.&nbsp; But then, I "re-set" the trap (put it back on the GM layer), and the trap still gets triggered by the token, but it is not revealed when the token comes into the passive perception range. Currently, resetting traps doesn't also reset the script's passive perception cache. The best way right now to work around this is to duplicate the trap, move it back to the GM layer, and delete the old one.
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
Hello! I've just installed via the installer, and every time I attempt to create a trap the API debugger gives the following error: {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: &lt;div style="} any tips? :(
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Garrett K. said: Hello! I've just installed via the installer, and every time I attempt to create a trap the API debugger gives the following error: {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: &lt;div style="} any tips? :( I'll need more information. Please share the exact sequence of actions that produced the error, the contents from the API console, and the trap's GM notes if any.

Edited 1481729898
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
Really that's about the extent of the information I have available, Steps to produce were: Install API using Script Library, Install 3.5 theme using Script Library, set theme to DnD-3.5, open game. Place token on GM layer, add web, click macro which has now appeared in game as a token macro called "ItsATrap_trapCreationWizard" API output console then generates the following: {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: &lt;div style="} {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: &lt;div style="} {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: &lt;div style="} {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: &lt;div style="} I believe at this step a Menu is supposed to appear?

Edited 1481761769
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Garrett K. said: Really that's about the extent of the information I have available, Steps to produce were: Install API using Script Library, Install 3.5 theme using Script Library, set theme to DnD-3.5, open game. Place token on GM layer, add web, click macro which has now appeared in game as a token macro called "ItsATrap_trapCreationWizard" API output console then generates the following: {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: &lt;div style="} {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: &lt;div style="} {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: &lt;div style="} {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: &lt;div style="} I believe at this step a Menu is supposed to appear? Yes, it should be displaying the menu. It may be producing that message if there is HTML formatting in your name or the character's name you are speaking as. Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this error, even by trying to manually put HTML into the name of the characters I am speaking as.
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
my name in game is either "Garrett K.", or set to speaking as GM, The token, I have attempted no name, and Trap1, The announcer name has been X, and is now GM. When the macro is used, a cobweb appears on the icon, and the API console gets the same error as before.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Garrett K. said: my name in game is either "Garrett K.", or set to speaking as GM, The token, I have attempted no name, and Trap1, The announcer name has been X, and is now GM. When the macro is used, a cobweb appears on the icon, and the API console gets the same error as before. The announcer name doesn't seem to be the problem. Neither is the trap's name. What other scripts are you running?

Edited 1482075883
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
"What other scripts are you running?" Tons of them. If there's conflict issues, it might be easier to start at any 'known' issues and work backward from there. I can get you my full list when I get home though [edit1] Progress! While I still can't get the "menu" bit to work, via manually stealing some of the examples and shoving them into the GM notes, i managed to get it to work "correctly", i think? Only error I am seeing now after manually entering the data, is that even though the voice is set to GM, when a trap is discovered, it is still announced by Admiral Akbar, I would go straight into the API and just Ctrl+F for it, but I used the automated installer. Which script might I find that bit in? The base, or 3.5 ad don? I'll just replace that one with the manual install including my edit away from Akbar, and that should all work! [edit2] I'm also getting "Kimjo notices a undefined:" when Player/Token Kimjo goes near the trap, What can I add to change that "undefined"? here's my GM notes: { "attack": 4, "damage": "2d8 + 6", "message": "A pressure plate gives way and darts fire forth from hidden compartments in the walls!", "notes": "If the character is hit, they also become poisoned.", "spotDC": 14, "searchDist": 30 }

Edited 1482076629
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Garrett K. said: "What other scripts are you running?" Tons of them. If there's conflict issues, it might be easier to start at any 'known' issues and work backward from there. I can get you my full list when I get home though [edit1] Progress! While I still can't get the "menu" bit to work, via manually stealing some of the examples and shoving them into the GM notes, i managed to get it to work "correctly", i think? Only error I am seeing now after manually entering the data, is that even though the voice is set to GM, when a trap is discovered, it is still announced by Admiral Akbar, I would go straight into the API and just Ctrl+F for it, but I used the automated installer. Which script might I find that bit in? The base, or 3.5 ad don? I'll just replace that one with the manual install including my edit away from Akbar, and that should all work! [edit2] I'm also getting "Kimjo notices a undefined:" when Player/Token Kimjo goes near the trap, What can I add to change that "undefined"? here's my GM notes: { "attack": 4, "damage": "2d8 + 6", "message": "A pressure plate gives way and darts fire forth from hidden compartments in the walls!", "notes": "If the character is hit, they also become poisoned.", "spotDC": 14, "searchDist": 30 } Sorry, but I really have no idea what to do this point about your menu error. I can't reproduce the error, and I haven't received any other reports about this sort of error to help me track it down. Since you have been editing the script, I can really make no guarantees to support it.&nbsp; The "Kimjo notices an undefined" thing is a known issue though, which I plan to fix in the next version.
If I am using two separate tokens (a trigger and a trap) is there a way to set the the trap to only go off because of the trigger?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gary W. said: If I am using two separate tokens (a trigger and a trap) is there a way to set the the trap to only go off because of the trigger? Not currently.