Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Dynamic Lighting] Share your MOST DYNAMIC setup!

Needed to make a dark and spooky place for a really tough adversary. The best way to show darkness is by giving them light. Used a tile from Gabriel's fabulous Save vs. Caves, added a black tint to the tile, added several hundred tiny candles set at 2.5', -1 around obstacles. On the stage using PageFX and a Mist FX to randomly obscure the view of what waits for them... PageFX set to 1,000 ms. 10' square Mist FX: { "angle": 0, "angleRandom": 180, "duration": -1, "emissionRate": 1, "endColour": [32, 0, 255, 0], "endColourRandom": [0, 0, 60, 0], "gravity": {"x":0.01, "y":0.1}, "lifeSpan": 30, "lifeSpanRandom": 3, "maxParticles": 50, "size": 50, "sizeRandom": 25, "speed": 3, "speedRandom": 1.5, "startColour": [255, 255, 255, 0.1], "startColourRandom": [0, 0, 0, 0] }
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That... is... beautiful... Great use of light to add tension, did the large number of light sources cause any lag at all?
Ziechael said: That... is... beautiful... Great use of light to add tension, did the large number of light sources cause any lag at all? I will not know until next week, it runs fine on my PC, waiting to see if my players have problems, only one has a wonky computer, I will let you know. I was inspired by Game of Thrones S6E9, the scene in the temple of the faceless god.
Ziechael said: That... is... beautiful... Great use of light to add tension, did the large number of light sources cause any lag at all? It lags some, but we had to call the game and go to Skype, the audio was falling apart, this is three weeks when mt games got trashed by the audio. It has worked for a year and now it is unuseable.

Edited 1468854896
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Hi there ! here is my last project : custom map with tiles. Red lines for walls, green ones for doors and purple for secret doors.  First, I do all walls. Then add doors and secrets doors. For secret doors, i add a an open wall/door on the GM layer. All information on the GM layer. Here are some results :   When a player open a door, I remove the green line on the DL layer. Secret door configuration (forgot to add the open door on the GM layer on this one) When players find the secret door and open it, I remove the purple line and trasnfert the open door/wall art from the GM layer to the map layer.  Pretty common solution, I guess, but easily done and nice results :)