Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 2.6.0+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet This is the redesigned Shaped character sheet for use on Roll20.net with the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons (5e). The sheet is designed to be usable by all Roll20 users regardless of subscription level. If you are updating an existing campaign I highly recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy data over. I also recommend starting each character from a fresh sheet. Shaped Character Sheet Companion Script Documentation Please report any bugs in the issues tab or on this thread. They will however be tracked on the issues tab Features High performance sheet without the lag of old versions (100% sheet workers) Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet with nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for NPCs, Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Translations (English and French so far) Auto populated Class Features which include things like Lay on Hands or Sneak Attack Spells with filtering and the option to cast at a higher level Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Armor - Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Hit save. Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thanks so much for your support. This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
2.6.0 (2016-04-28) Bug Fixes Custom skill names are now editable on the NPC page. Features Added passive skills with bonuses. It requires you to enter edit mode and turn on a toggle. Totals don't calculate until you close and open a sheet. Roll20 said they will fix this. See&nbsp; Some text in a span with an attr name does not show until sheet is closed and reopened Added some identifies for armor, equipment, and traits for Brunhine to automatically reduce uses with the script.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bug: In 2.6.0, rolling traits now displays Trait 1 in the roll template.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, right. I never hid those outputs. Same for armor and Equipment. I'll fix it tonight.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's fixed.
I have a paladin 11, rogue 5. At 11th level, he should have three 3rd level spell slots. But that only increases at 12th level. &nbsp;I checked the PHB and it does say three at 11th level. Sheet version 2.5.0. (will be updating to 2.6.0 after tonights game.)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
2.6.1 (2016-04-30) Bug Fixes Passive skills now show the correct value (10 + skill total + passive bonus) Passive skill total less cramped (no overflow) Kaelev's example above has been fixed. So Spell Slots should hopefully be accurate all around now. Features Documentation url is now selectable
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
2.6.2 (2016-04-30) Bug Fixes Uses slightly larger for traits so it can accomodate 100+ Sneak attack no longer is added with dex, but this area is very fragile. I'm going to have to spend more time with it to fix that and a few other issues Lair Actions and Regional Effects lacking name causes "Undefined" for chat macros Features Show spell content as a toggle

Edited 1462019387
Hey Kryx, Found another issue with Multiclassing After having Ranger L3 and adding Warlock L1 it was all cool and dandy, but now when my player have progressed to Warlock L2, it does not update the experience from 6500 to 14000, and it doesn't add the proficiency bonus to +3 nor it adds the hit dice... We believe that the sheet ignores the fact that there was a level added all together Thanks in advance Edit: Found a work around for now. Needed to reduce both levels to 0, then level the warlock to 2, and add ranger to level 3 afterwards which fixed the numbers. Hopefully it added all the traits as well
Loving the new API based features! &nbsp;One question though, for things that show uses (HD, traits) should the roll template display it like it does ammo usage? &nbsp;Meaning should it display: &nbsp;"Uses - 1" / "Max Uses" Right now it shows the number of uses, then decrements them after the fact, where as Ammo (which seems more intuitive to me probably because I am an API user) shows the decremented count on the roll template, then the api deducts that value.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Geze, this seems to work without issue on 2.6.2. Are you on the latest version?

Edited 1462021498
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ammo uses a hacky method to show uses. Armor, equipment, HD, traits, etc are not setup to use such a hacky system. I will add it to my TODO. See&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/issues/116" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/issues/116</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
2.7.0 (2016-04-30) Bug Fixes Long and Short rest buttons call the api via chat commands now Features Rituals will now prompt the user if it wants to cast the spell as a ritual (it will default to Ritual). The output will reflect if it has been cast as a ritual or not Higher level query will only show spell levels for which you still have slots for. Otherwise it'll output as the spell level directly.

Edited 1462052996
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
3.0.0 (2016-04-30) Features Added namespacing to all sheet provided macros to allow users to use the same names for token macros. Examples being initiative, statblock, ac, hp, etc. All macros outside of a repeating section have been prefixed with "shaped_" and some changed. Example: "%{initiative}" is now "%{shaped_initiative}". See&nbsp; Documentation Saving throws and ability checks now default to using big_text and you must specify to use the small text. Saving throw title on the core page now triggers the chat macro Skills title on the core page now triggers the chat macro for Ability Checks Added traits to the core page as the wrap-box-title Long and short rests now pass the id of the character so it'll work if the token is selected or not. As a result of being a button they can be made a token action as well. There are BREAKING changes for all references to the old names. You will need to update them. The API will release the new names shortly.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
3.1.0 (2016-04-30) Features Attack chat macros. Also added to the title of "Attacks" on the core page Last one for the day, I swear!

Edited 1462060921
Ran into an odd behavior. Using 3.1.0 if an NPC has something in the Free text field, if I uncheck the Extras section the sheet immediately rechecks it. I like the freetext field as it shows up in display mode, but I don't always want that text shown in chat when that action is performed. This behavior seems to occur for all npc related actions. (Traits, actions, lair..) I first noticed this behavior in 2.4.13 (live version).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Toggles changing as a result of freetext is captured here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>...
Pretty sure this is sheet side. When rolling Ability Checks and Saving Throws from the sheet macros, I get: No ability was found for %{-KC8poq4XnK95Wxcph4p|strength_check} This occurs with the core ability checks (skills work), and with all saving throws. Ability Checks Query, Ability Checks Undefined, Saving Throw Query, and Saving Throw Undefined work as normal. I'm assuming to get the big text to work, they were switched. Previously, when I clicked Saving Throws Undefined, I got big text. Now it's the other way around. Shaped 3.1.0 Shaped Companion: 1.5.0

Edited 1462095062
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
EDIT: I need to fix this myself.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
3.1.1 (2016-05-01) Bug Fixes Legendary action amount are now properly parsed when dragging and dropping or importing "Small" translation fixed so there should be no more "undefined", Kaelev. Force update lair actions and regional effects so old monsters populate the names for the fix from 2.6.2 Saving throw and ability check chat and query macros are updated to match the new namespacing

Edited 1462130303
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
So, if anyone has put lots of effort into building macros that reference the sheet macros, and is daunted by the prospect of having to update the names now that they have changed (as of 3.0.0), I have put together a script that will update your whole campaign automatically. You can find it here:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/symposion/0702873b8a3eea2a" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/symposion/0702873b8a3eea2a</a>... Although I have tested this on a small test campaign, I haven't *exhaustively* tested it, so I strongly recommend that you run it in "dry run" mode first, examine the report int the chat window, and make sure it looks sane, and then run it properly. &nbsp; I also *strongly* recommend backing up your campaign before using this script. You run the script with&nbsp; !update-shaped-macros for a dry run and !update-shaped-macros --forRealz for the real thing. It should be safe to run it multiple times, but you should probably avoid doing so unless you have good reasons. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Lucian said: So, if anyone has put lots of effort into building macros that reference the sheet macros, and is daunted by the prospect of having to update the names now that they have changed (as of 3.0.0), I have put together a script that will update your whole campaign automatically. You can find it here:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/symposion/0702873b8a3eea2a" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/symposion/0702873b8a3eea2a</a>... Although I have tested this on a small test campaign, I haven't *exhaustively* tested it, so I strongly recommend that you run it in "dry run" mode first, examine the report int the chat window, and make sure it looks sane, and then run it properly. &nbsp; I also *strongly* recommend backing up your campaign before using this script. You run the script with&nbsp; !update-shaped-macros for a dry run and !update-shaped-macros --forRealz for the real thing. It should be safe to run it multiple times, but you should probably avoid doing so unless you have good reasons. Let me know if you have any trouble. We only need to run this if we had macros set up before sheet version 3.0 correct?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wade said: We only need to run this if we had macros set up before sheet version 3.0 correct? Any token macros that referenced sheet macros, yes. Thanks Lucian! Big time saver!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: Wade said: We only need to run this if we had macros set up before sheet version 3.0 correct? Any token macros that referenced sheet macros, yes. Thanks Lucian! Big time saver! Yep, this is correct. &nbsp;Note that this script will also update global macros that reference sheet macros, as well as abilities/token actions on characters. Lucian
Lucian said: Kryx said: Wade said: We only need to run this if we had macros set up before sheet version 3.0 correct? Any token macros that referenced sheet macros, yes. Thanks Lucian! Big time saver! Yep, this is correct. &nbsp;Note that this script will also update global macros that reference sheet macros, as well as abilities/token actions on characters. Lucian Thanks guys! This stuff is amazing work. Great job on the collaboration through all this.
First of all, thanks Lucian for the script, tremendously helpful! I did see one very strange problem, I created all of my monsters with the ability checks (small) macro prior to upgrading. &nbsp;When I click this, the macro outputs to the chat as expected, but if I click a straight ability check (i.e. strength) for an NPC, it generates an error: &nbsp; No ability was found for %{-K36a3w5gp4900QFvpx6|strength_check} Kevin (GM): -K36a3w5gp4900QFvpx6|strength_check So the weird part is that this will only happen if I haven't opened the character journal up since the sheet upgrade. &nbsp;If I open the sheet, everything works as expected. &nbsp;It only happens for the base ability checks, if I click a specific skill (i.e. Athletics) it works fine. It's an easy enough workaround, but figured I should report it in case anyone runs into the same problem.
Another strange issue is using base ability checks (i.e. strength check) from the statblock macro will also generate the same error: No ability was found for %{-KEGejmR-kgEMhoUu2S0|strength_check} Kevin (GM): -KEGejmR-kgEMhoUu2S0|strength_check
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: 3.1.1 (2016-05-01) Bug Fixes Saving throw and ability check chat and query macros are updated to match the new namespacing Kevin make sure you're on 3.1.1.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Kryx said: 3.1.1 (2016-05-01) Bug Fixes Saving throw and ability check chat and query macros are updated to match the new namespacing Kevin make sure you're on 3.1.1. The statblock macro is actually not fixed to use the new namespacing, it still references the wrong macros for ability checks and saves.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: The statblock macro is actually not fixed to use the new namespacing, it still references the wrong macros for ability checks and saves. Indeed. I'll fix this later tonight.
Kryx said: Kevin make sure you're on 3.1.1. Glad that you are seeing the same problem with the statblock macro. I did my testing with 3.1.1. &nbsp;The problem is easily reproducible, as I said it's an odd one, but can easily be worked around by simply opening up the sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Opening the sheet won't actually solve it. The statblock macro just wasn't updated.
Sorry if my last post was confusing. &nbsp;I understand that the statblock macro was not updated and I understand that you will fix that. I was referring to my first post. &nbsp;To reproduce you need to have an imported monster with a default token setup prior to the 3.1.1 sheet upgrade. Drag NPC onto the map. Execute the following commands making sure to NOT open the character sheet (created a macro to do this). !shaped-abilities --DELETE !shaped-abilities --initiative --savesSmall --abilityChecksSmall --statblock --traits --actions --reactions --legendaryActionsMacro --lairActions Click off of the token, then back on it so you see the new token actions. Press the Ability Checks token action. Press the "Strength" button in the chat window. The output will be as follows: 6. &nbsp;Open the sheet and press the strength_check button (which works perfectly fine). 7. &nbsp;Press the Ability Checks token action. 8. &nbsp;Press the "Strength" button in the chat window and everything now works fine: Hopefully this clarifies the use case and reproduction steps.
Kryx said: Saving throw title on the core page now triggers the chat macro Skills title on the core page now triggers the chat macro for Ability Checks Added traits to the core page as the wrap-box-title Attack chat macros. Also added to the title of "Attacks" on the core page These are nice changes and are extremely useful as to not have to move off the core page very much or create specific ability/token macros. Kudos on the clever use of your sheet. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin, it's probably best to run Lucian's script to convert old tokens. Running the process as you described above would be a rather large pain. But to answer your overall question: The sheet cannot update itself until the sheet is opened. I have no other method. I would love if Roll20 provided one. Until they do every sheet will have to be opened or they will not update. I'd recommend opening every sheet you'll use in a session at the start of a session.
Had a problem running Lucian's script (failure to find certain macros, leading to an infinite loop), but needed to get things converted, so I did it manually (yes it was a pain), hence the reason for running into the problem. It is strange that it works for skills, but not for base ability checks, either way not something that needs looked at/fixed. &nbsp;I either have opened all the sheets or can very quickly do this during the session if required. &nbsp;Thanks for the help/suggestion. There are several things... this and setting the default token via the api that I would like to see the most.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Setting Default token, Allowing sheets to update themselves without opening API communication with sheetworkers. All of those would be very beneficial.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
3.1.2 (2016-05-02) Bug Fixes Fixed passive skill output - it was referencing an old name "passive_total" Fixed namespacing for ability checks and saving throws for the statblock macro

Edited 1462217381
Lucian said: So, if anyone has put lots of effort into building macros that reference the sheet macros, and is daunted by the prospect of having to update the names now that they have changed (as of 3.0.0), I have put together a script that will update your whole campaign automatically. You can find it here:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/symposion/0702873b8a3eea2a" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/symposion/0702873b8a3eea2a</a>... Although I have tested this on a small test campaign, I haven't *exhaustively* tested it, so I strongly recommend that you run it in "dry run" mode first, examine the report int the chat window, and make sure it looks sane, and then run it properly. &nbsp; I also *strongly* recommend backing up your campaign before using this script. You run the script with&nbsp; !update-shaped-macros for a dry run and !update-shaped-macros --forRealz for the real thing. It should be safe to run it multiple times, but you should probably avoid doing so unless you have good reasons. Let me know if you have any trouble. So I updated everything and tried to run !update-shaped-macros (dry run) on my copied version of my game. &nbsp;All the characters were created before 3.0.0 and all have macros setup using !shaped-abilities. &nbsp;I'm getting these errors in the API Output Console: "ERROR: Unable to find ability initiative for character Barovian Commoner" Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down. So when I saw Barovian Commoner as a possible problem, I manually removed all its macros. and ran it again. The second time it picks a different character sheet and does the same thing. Any ideas? Another issue I just found. After removing all the macros and reimportijng them using !shaped-abilities with all the selected options for the NPC, I tested them. They all worked fine except Initiative (Init). So I opened the sheet and tried to use it directly from the sheet, and it doesn;t do anything. &nbsp;I tested it on a newly created NPC, same thing.
I experience the "Possible infinite loop" issue as well, it also was on initiative. &nbsp;What is strange is that I copied the campaign and tested everything it worked great, then when I upgraded the original campaign I ran into this problem.

Edited 1462219119
Last thing I found. When using the sheet or token macro created with !shaped-abilities for any attack for PCs only, I get: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. After this issue, I went through and click every possible thing on the sheet that would output to chat, everything except attacks and initiative worked. Finally, I went back to my PC tokens to them all and I found that when I ran the abilities command, it brought in the exact same macros for each PC for their attacks: Longbow and Shortsword . Only one of my players has that as a combination of weapons. If either Kryx or Lucian would like an invite to my game, let me know. I'm stepping out for 20 minutes and then I'll be back on.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey, if you send me an invite in the next 5 minutes I might be able to have a look, otherwise I need to go to bed... spent the whole day brush clearing and I'm shattered, sorry. Lucian
Lucian said: Hey, if you send me an invite in the next 5 minutes I might be able to have a look, otherwise I need to go to bed... spent the whole day brush clearing and I'm shattered, sorry. Lucian Sent.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
I have no idea what this infinite loop business is about. I've reviewed the code and I really can't see any way it could possibly get into an infinite loop. I wonder if Roll20 have some over-zealous protections enabled. I've just spent some time in Kaelev's campaign looking into this. There's some strange error deep in roll20's code that I don't understand, but it appeared to be fixed by opening the turn order, rolling initiative for a character, and then closing the turn order again. I have *no* idea why. :-/

Edited 1462222605
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
There's also a bug with the !shaped-abilities command from the script - it appears to be only using the last character's attacks when you have multiple characters selected and you run !shaped-abilities --attacks. I'll look into this tomorrow.

Edited 1462226174
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian said: There's also a bug with the !shaped-abilities command from the script - it appears to be only using the last character's attacks when you have multiple characters selected and you run !shaped-abilities --attacks. I'll look into this tomorrow. Ya, it doesn't work for multiple selected characters I found. Exactly the problem you described.
Kryx said: 3.0.0 (2016-04-30) Features Added namespacing to all sheet provided macros to allow users to use the same names for token macros. Examples being initiative, statblock, ac, hp, etc. All macros outside of a repeating section have been prefixed with "shaped_" and some changed. Example: "%{initiative}" is now "%{shaped_initiative}". See&nbsp; Documentation Saving throws and ability checks now default to using big_text and you must specify to use the small text. Saving throw title on the core page now triggers the chat macro Skills title on the core page now triggers the chat macro for Ability Checks Added traits to the core page as the wrap-box-title Long and short rests now pass the id of the character so it'll work if the token is selected or not. As a result of being a button they can be made a token action as well. There are BREAKING changes for all references to the old names. You will need to update them. The API will release the new names shortly. I don't suppose you have a version before this change? I have a game soon and may of not noticed the breaking change :d?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can get old versions from github. But if you opened any sheet there is no way to downgrade.
Never mind, it strangely started working now.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask... But there does seem to be chat about macros... which I am attempting to makeXP I was wondering if anyone could give me a crash course in making these, I'm trying to make macros for sneak attack and superiority dice. I've been trying to follow the documentation, but it isn't working correctly for me... Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Zach, if you add a level of rogue you'll have Sneak attack added for you under Features & Traits. Some maneuvers (add them as attacks). Commander's Strike: Forgo an attack so an ally uses a reaction to attack. Add [[@{sup_dice_size}]] damage Maneuvering Attack: When you hit add [[@{sup_dice_size}]] damage. Ally uses reaction to move up to half its speed without provoking OAs from the target of the attack. Goading Attack: When you hit add [[@{sup_dice_size}]] damage. The target must make a Wisdom saving throw (DC [[8 + @{PB} + @{strength_mod}]]) or have disadvantage on all attacks rolls against targets other than you until the end of your next turn