Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account

An option to lock or freeze any token, tile, or map piece.

Score + 212
anthanum (CMcC) said: It is so frustrating when you've set up the dynamic lighting layer, then go to background to add just one more static feature such as a tree or table, and end up grabbing the map rather than the tree and shifting it out of place. This lock button idea is a must. +1 to the vote on this ... but I do this a LOT and  CTRL-Z   to undo puts the map back where it was ... just for the clumsy out there like me   :)
Adam
Pro
+1 This would be great.
Wick
Pro
+1000.  This should be standard functionality.   Pull your finger out R20!
+1
+1
+1 do it
+1
+1
+1
I'd love for this to become a standardized feature! Maybe you could work with the developer of the API version to implement it as an official feature? Either way I'm here for it. +1
+1
+1
+1
Once again, Pro users already have access to this functionality through the MapLock and/or TokenLock API scripts. I definitely understand why Plus users would want it, though.
API scripts are not enough. this is a *basic* feature that should be accessable to any kind of user. so +1.
+1
Kick
Pro
I'm sure that this is harder to implement than it sounds, but I'm equally sure that this is a feature that should've been here from the start. +1.
+1
+1 Still relevant?
Jens
Pro
+1 please make this happen
+1 - Mentioned this in a bug report because, well, when developing or prepping a game, this can be can add unnecessary frustrations.  My quote " Would really love an additional map layer to keep the map safe from other items that GMs want to place outside player's grasp. When moving lights back and forth from map, it is TOO easy to accidentally move the map to the GM layer, leaving the players suddenly in a "Grey Featureless Plain". They panicked that they might have accidentally set fire to a Bag of Holding while jumping over my pretty pulsing flames." In an age of Real World anxieties, I would love prefer to focus on the sky falling rather than the world dropping out from under me.  "One more season wish: Would love some 'Layer Buttons' on the right side of the Zoom Bar allowing GMs to transfer between layers easily (and illuminated to show clearly which you are on) instead of having to navigate the left menu bar or fat-fingering Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts while trying to spare an innocent band of goblins from their vicious cave invaders."
+1 I always accidentally move things that shouldn't move!
+1 This would be immensely helpful! Please create a second map layer, a GM-specific token layer, or implement the ability to lock tokens or graphics in place within layers so that players and GMs don't accidentally move, resize, or delete something. I have MapLock, but maybe I'm using it wrong or something... I still move things around that I don't mean to when I'm creating maps. It's really quite frustrating and time-consuming!
Larissa Bee said: +1 This would be immensely helpful! Please create a second map layer, a GM-specific token layer, or implement the ability to lock tokens or graphics in place within layers so that players and GMs don't accidentally move, resize, or delete something. I have MapLock, but maybe I'm using it wrong or something... I still move things around that I don't mean to when I'm creating maps. It's really quite frustrating and time-consuming! As a Pro user, you should be able to use the MapLock API script to lock any token or graphic in place. !map-lock toggle (this locks or unlocks any selected token or graphic) !map-lock toggle-highlight (this highlights any locked element on the map in red)