Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Official Announcement] Roll20 is Now an Officially Licensed Partner with Wizards of the Coast

Could anyone tell me what the preorder of Storm King's Thunder is for ? Do you get anything now or is it a download for September 6th just wondering if there is a reason for preordering? Thanks
Greetings  Cymeric - the pre-order is just a way for folks to buy it now and get it on the day of the release. We were able to offer the sale early so folks can buy it anytime between  when we announced it and the launch date for convenience. On the day of the launch you will be able to start playing right away!
So, Fantasy Grounds and stores have released SKT today, and it seems the WoTC admins are stating on social media that customers can go to local stores (picked my book up this morning), Fantasy Grounds, and roll20 today to start playing, any chance we are going to be getting SKT released earlier than 9/6 like FG?
Essentially the same question as David C. I have purchased the SKT module (& got the Hardcover last night). FG has released their SKT. Do they get to release earlier then Roll20? 
Our official release date is still September 6th, but we are working behind the scenes to see if we can release earlier than that. However we can't promise anything as it's out of our hands.
Thanks Avacyn, appreciate the response, luckily my online game isn't scheduled to start till after the 6th just for that reason!
I got an email from Fantasy Grounds that this is available now from them for $35.  Is there more content in the roll20 version that explains the delay and extra cost?
Roll20's conversion of Storm King's Thunder is (in our opinion) the best way to play the game online. We've put a lot of time and effort into it and we think you'll love it. And others are saying so as well: <a href="http://geekandsundry.com/storm-kings-thunder-and-roll20-get-two-thumbs-up/" rel="nofollow">http://geekandsundry.com/storm-kings-thunder-and-roll20-get-two-thumbs-up/</a> Since this thread is getting pretty far off-topic of the original post, I'm going to go ahead and close it. We'll create a new thread when Storm King's has officially launched for those who want to provide feedback on it at that time. Thanks!