Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Mod- Deduct x HP for tokens with a red dot?

The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
We could give it a try. =D
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When you are writing the 'consider individual target defense' component, can you make so that if I have a list of n token ids and a list of n numbers, I can somehow pass both to !apply-change and the numbers will be considered to be the tokens' defenses? That would make it really convenient to write a button that will call !apply-change correctly. Otherwise it would end up being a lot of individual buttons...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.  How do you see that working? !apply-change {{ --bar|1 --damage|23 --quality[defense]|14,14,12,12,18,16,10 --mod[quality:defense:>15]|=0 --ids -J123saasf341 -J123saasf342 -J123saasf343 -J123saasf344 -J123saasf345 -J123saasf346 -J123saasf347 }}

Edited 1479306970
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Like this would be perfect. Doesn't need to be particularly human-readable, it's script-generated anyway. If typed manually, you'd probably want attributes there instead of just numbers :).
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The order would then need to be maintained between the ids and the qualities.  probably would need --ignore-selected as well, come to think of it.
So much ambition and talent here in this thread. I love it!

Edited 1479385970
I've been messing with api scripts... not only did i break them to all holey hell... i still have no idea what I am doing >.< I don't think I personally will be able to get it to work lol. But as I am planning my first session in my game for this saturday, i have to plan more lol But if anyone can combine the scripts or make them work together I am sure The Aaron can. I might be over simplifying it when thinking just take the functionality of ApplyChange and put it into Extended Expressions. Am i?
Aaron is quiet so he must be hard at work!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
(Just lots of RL work and evening commitments at the end of the week.  I hoping to catch up on some scripts this weekend, if my wife doesn't go into labor!)
WOW! Congratulations on the soon to be new addition to your family :)
Well family trumps roll20 and dnd 5e! If I remember correctly, you are leaving quite a legacy already. Giving the Duggars a run for their money?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hahahah. This is only number 8, so the Duggar's crown is safe. 
Hi! I am running D&D 2nd Ed. games and i am quite new in this community. I would like to implement some basic Token´s-health-modification on my really-basic-macros. One example of anattack macro would be as follows: &{template:default} {{name=@{Selected|token_name} attacks to @{Target|token_name}!}} {{sword attack:=[[d20 + ?{Mod|0}]] vs [[@{Selected|Bar3}-(@{Target|Bar1})]]}} {{Damage:=[[2d4]]}} Where:  Mod= any attack modifiers Bar3=GACO Bar1=AC and Bar2=HP This macro works easy and good for basic attacks and low level Characters. Now it would help my games a lot if i could modify the HP Token-Bar2 when some Character ist hitted or healed. Thks for your time and help!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Tarik, if you have access to the API (a pro subscriber perk) you can use this and other scripts to do what you're asking. there isn't a way to handle this automatically without the API.  (Also, you should start a new thread for new topics.)
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gary W. said: NB I've fiddled a bit with GroupCheck and now have a version that will be able to generate, say, an API button with all the roll results inserted (just need to write the actual code for the button). So some version of the above image could be made reality once apply-change supports it.
Awesome
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool!  I need to do my part then... =D
Hope everyone's holidays were nice! Any updates Aaron?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sorry, I've kind of dropped the thread here.  I'll pick it up soon.
I'm still really excited for the possibility of this happening!
You had good reason! looking forward to what you do when the time is right

Edited 1481538589
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
While Aaron is understandably very busy, I've cooked up a very limited, special-purpose version of apply-change that can deal with GroupCheck output.  Link to post if anyone's interested.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yep, sorry for the delay, have a 15 day old infant right now. =D  Catching up on my forum backlog now and hoping to catch up on API scripts soon as well!
Babies are awesome. We have a new granddaughter as well. Bet I am sleeping more as a gramps then you and your wife are!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Oh yeah!  I need to finish this!  Sorry, been a crazy few months. 
The Aaron said: Oh yeah!  I need to finish this!  Sorry, been a crazy few months.  : )
Looking forward to it!
Me too.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Touching this thread to keep it alive....
*gasps* He touched the thread.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hahahah.. it was good touching swear!
Any updates?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No, but soon, sorry so delayed.  Life and things... I'm setting a reminder for this weekend...
*poke* keeping things alive :D
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Thanks. :). I've got a reminder on my phone I keep putting off as well. :/
Been silently hoping for progress on this for a while.  Just keeping the hope alive!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Me too! I have a daily reminder that goes off to tell me to work on it...

Edited 1499695451
This looks very interesting. I tried it a little bit and it works great for me (5OGL), except getting the results in the chat, don't looking like a math-student homework (I tried the sendChat callback, but it's really ugly) Has anyone an idea how to print it in the chat in a nice format and how to implement crits? I use until now: !apply-change {{ --bar|3 --damage[fire]|[[1d6+1]] --mod{!formula:[[(1d20+3)>@{target|foe|npc_ac}]]}|=0 --ignore-selected --mod[tag:chance1]|*3 --ids @{target|foe|token_id} }} Would love to use a repeating attack like %{-Kl4gdb3aw31t-_v90zF|repeating_attack_-Kl4uQxDPvMmMM7pswSs_attack}) or the simple %{selected|repeating_attack_$1_attack} but I didn't get it to work. Edit: Should this give an output to the chat normally?