Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

WebRTC Video and Voice Chat Issues

Mark B. said: Scoundrel said: Steve K. said: That said, the US average upload speed in 2015 was 34Mbps BTW - I'd be curious as to where you got this stat. Telecom is my industry; not sure this is true for consumer grade. Downloads...yea...uploads...I'd love to see the source report. Any chance you could share? I just googled it, straight from the site that was suggested to use to test our speeds <a href="http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-states/" rel="nofollow">http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-states/</a> The speed above quoted is the average DOWNLOAD speed of Americans. &nbsp;Upload is below 20Mbps. Still good, but that being the average, I am sure there are a lot of people that don't have that much. &nbsp;Again if the metric quoted earlier about over 10 thousand users not having a problem the of course this means the edge cases are likely tied to lower than required upload speeds. &nbsp;So again I say, come out with the minimum requirements, instead of suggesting that might be the issue. Figure it out and just post it. Make it clear so people can move on from this. And as far as those metrics go, I would like see confirmation that just isn't the number of users logging into Roll20 for a session. &nbsp;Cause I know a lot of people that don't and never do bother with the voice/video option in roll20. &nbsp;So, is this metric based on log ins or actually from the WebRTC system counting connections? I'd have to look under the covers at those metrics; I think the upload speeds stated maybe a bit biased. But, I don't deal with consumer grade stuff, only commercial which is why I asked for a data link...curiosity.&nbsp; But, yes, it seems there will be some issues with upload speeds for some because of the web of p2p connections being built on a per user basis. Larger groups will be more impacted than smaller groups. Someone can be fine at 4 users in game but go to 6 and that could drive you over your upload speeds (which is a symptom I've seen in this thread). The demands on the remote user upload bandwidth go up as the group grows. Not really an ideal situation, but as stated by devs above, making it a many to one to many with R20 as the 1, no doubt, requires h/w upgrades and probably significant development time. While I think the change in architecture wasn't the best choice, it is what it is at this point. I'll just continue to use Hangouts and Discord for video/voice for my games.&nbsp;

Edited 1483809524
I'll add my vote to: please post minimum requirements for the various options - I would guess the requirements aren't the same for low bandwidth voice-only and video&voice high bandwidth? With people using roll20 from all over the world, assuming everyone has at least 5Mbps upload (with 5 people playing) isn't realistic I think. As has been demonstrated above, 'even' Americans don't all have that much. In Germany for example, you can get 25 or more download speed easily, but have to pay a lot extra for more than 1Mbps upload speed (in my last campaign I had another player from England with not even one Mbps). That would mean that Video&Voice options are simply unusable for a lot of people, and that should be made clear from the start (with aforementioned requirements).

Edited 1483818671
&nbsp; &nbsp;While the number of directly effected players might be small, If it only takes one player to disrupt a game, the number of affected games, might be larger than small. &nbsp; &nbsp;The following numbers are only an example, not from data collected... Worst case scenario for 1% having problems.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;With 10000 playing, 10 players per game, 1000 Games... if 1%/100 players logged into 100 different games it would effect 10% of games. This does not reflect amount of bandwidth per added player (if this is a variable now). If 5 players/game = 5% of games affected, not reflecting added bandwidth per player if required? &nbsp; Side note, I am the only person in my group of six that has posted here, so of our sample group only 16.6% are even reporting issues and the rest have just moved on to other options. &nbsp; &nbsp;Food for thought (not intending to be a troll). Happy Gaming to all!
Adding another report to the list. Roll20 has been problematic for me and my gaming friends for a couple of months now and we're looking into other options..... <a href="https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv96uCkhvNNhBwA2Rs-27866XmyIIg97d2kiWbRL6hhKwWLa4cupNME9lV1LI3osDqmQoOqiLW5EhM2OK5khYhW4d3nJ9X0sY3psuk9GOiAZru7vAcKvzblGLksxwBET8A7taiua-E4ewowFrjnbUqS-8N0mYNA" rel="nofollow">https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv96uCkhvNNhBwA2Rs-27866XmyIIg97d2kiWbRL6hhKwWLa4cupNME9lV1LI3osDqmQoOqiLW5EhM2OK5khYhW4d3nJ9X0sY3psuk9GOiAZru7vAcKvzblGLksxwBET8A7taiua-E4ewowFrjnbUqS-8N0mYNA</a>
Much thanks to Phil the Dev. &nbsp;He was able to join our game and do some trouble shooting. &nbsp;He advised that there is a BW issue that R20 needs to look at and resolve. &nbsp;He also advised that once a fix is in place this report will be closed, and a new one will be opened. &nbsp;I understand this better due to the fact that after you have possible fix in place, you want to start fresh and track new issues after a fix has been issued. &nbsp;He did mention that a link to the new thread would be posted here. &nbsp;The current issue is that even though I have 11Mbps upload, I have 3 clients on my network, and trying to broadcast to an additional 3 clients. &nbsp;This requires 6 times the upload on my network due to each connection is now uploading to each player/connection (p2P). &nbsp;Other issues could be due to 3 users on the same network and some network traffic/miss communication with the packets (TCP/IP stufff). &nbsp;My group was able to connect to discordapp.com and operate as normal. &nbsp;Was it the way I wanted it to be, no....but I was able to hold my session, and gather/give some information to the dev!!! &nbsp;I am willing to keep testing the issue and help anyway I can. &nbsp;I would prefer not to do it on a game night, but the lost hour I think will be worth it in the long run. &nbsp;I look forward to the requested features being added. &nbsp;I'm not sure if R20 will have a download, or an add in the future, but I think they know where the issue is at, and just need develop the fix. &nbsp;I think they might have a new fix in place in the next 2-3 weeks, but guess is all any of us can do at this time. &nbsp;I will continue to use discordapp.com, until this thread is closed and I know a new fix is in place. &nbsp;After that I would test R20 again and see if it is working or not, and if not continue to up date/work with the devs as needed.
Karl V.
Plus
Translator
Neil M. said: Much thanks to Phil the Dev. &nbsp;He was able to join our game and do some trouble shooting. &nbsp;He advised that there is a BW issue that R20 needs to look at and resolve. &nbsp;He also advised that once a fix is in place this report will be closed, and a new one will be opened. &nbsp;I understand this better due to the fact that after you have possible fix in place, you want to start fresh and track new issues after a fix has been issued. &nbsp;He did mention that a link to the new thread would be posted here. &nbsp;The current issue is that even though I have 11Mbps upload, I have 3 clients on my network, and trying to broadcast to an additional 3 clients. &nbsp;This requires 6 times the upload on my network due to each connection is now uploading to each player/connection (p2P). &nbsp;Other issues could be due to 3 users on the same network and some network traffic/miss communication with the packets (TCP/IP stufff). &nbsp;My group was able to connect to discordapp.com and operate as normal. &nbsp;Was it the way I wanted it to be, no....but I was able to hold my session, and gather/give some information to the dev!!! &nbsp;I am willing to keep testing the issue and help anyway I can. &nbsp;I would prefer not to do it on a game night, but the lost hour I think will be worth it in the long run. &nbsp;I look forward to the requested features being added. &nbsp;I'm not sure if R20 will have a download, or an add in the future, but I think they know where the issue is at, and just need develop the fix. &nbsp;I think they might have a new fix in place in the next 2-3 weeks, but guess is all any of us can do at this time. &nbsp;I will continue to use discordapp.com, until this thread is closed and I know a new fix is in place. &nbsp;After that I would test R20 again and see if it is working or not, and if not continue to up date/work with the devs as needed. Thanks for the update Niel. Would have been even better with a statement from the actual Phil, but this is indeed positive news. 11Mps is pretty high requirement on upload speed. Does the video bandwidth setting have any impact?
Karl V. said: Thanks for the update Niel. Would have been even better with a statement from the actual Phil, but this is indeed positive news. 11Mps is pretty high requirement on upload speed. Does the video bandwidth setting have any impact? Yup that is high mine averages around 4.6 mps to 6.6 mps but although I'm aware that the lower upload speed is below the national average for most domestic users here in the UK it can be taken as close to the norm as many are not on or able to get direct fiber connections. I have been with roll20 since October 214 and until around November 2016 was a happy supporter of a very versatile media platform like others I too once my subscription expires am reviewing my options.
So, apparently the Google+ API will end April 25, 2017?&nbsp; <a href="https://developers.google.com/+/hangouts/support-f" rel="nofollow">https://developers.google.com/+/hangouts/support-f</a>... The Google+ Hangouts API is no longer supported. New apps cannot be created but existing apps will continue to run until April 25th, 2017. After that date, apps in Hangouts will no longer function ... ...This API was originally intended to support social scenarios for consumer users as part of Google+, whereas Hangouts is now turning to focus on enterprise use cases.
Karl V. said: Neil M. said: Much thanks to Phil the Dev. &nbsp;He was able to join our game and do some trouble shooting. &nbsp;He advised that there is a BW issue that R20 needs to look at and resolve. &nbsp;He also advised that once a fix is in place this report will be closed, and a new one will be opened. &nbsp;I understand this better due to the fact that after you have possible fix in place, you want to start fresh and track new issues after a fix has been issued. &nbsp;He did mention that a link to the new thread would be posted here. &nbsp;The current issue is that even though I have 11Mbps upload, I have 3 clients on my network, and trying to broadcast to an additional 3 clients. &nbsp;This requires 6 times the upload on my network due to each connection is now uploading to each player/connection (p2P). &nbsp;Other issues could be due to 3 users on the same network and some network traffic/miss communication with the packets (TCP/IP stufff). &nbsp;My group was able to connect to discordapp.com and operate as normal. &nbsp;Was it the way I wanted it to be, no....but I was able to hold my session, and gather/give some information to the dev!!! &nbsp;I am willing to keep testing the issue and help anyway I can. &nbsp;I would prefer not to do it on a game night, but the lost hour I think will be worth it in the long run. &nbsp;I look forward to the requested features being added. &nbsp;I'm not sure if R20 will have a download, or an add in the future, but I think they know where the issue is at, and just need develop the fix. &nbsp;I think they might have a new fix in place in the next 2-3 weeks, but guess is all any of us can do at this time. &nbsp;I will continue to use discordapp.com, until this thread is closed and I know a new fix is in place. &nbsp;After that I would test R20 again and see if it is working or not, and if not continue to up date/work with the devs as needed. Thanks for the update Niel. Would have been even better with a statement from the actual Phil, but this is indeed positive news. 11Mps is pretty high requirement on upload speed. Does the video bandwidth setting have any impact? Rules out most of the uk: <a href="http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-kingdom/" rel="nofollow">http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-kingdom/</a> Even with skewed results.... average is still only 9Mbps upload. I have the fibre optic here (bt infinity 2 and am next to an exchange) in uk and I only got&nbsp;13Mbps up!&nbsp;

Edited 1483894590
Pord said: Karl V. said: Neil M. said: Much thanks to Phil the Dev. &nbsp;He was able to join our game and do some trouble shooting. &nbsp;He advised that there is a BW issue that R20 needs to look at and resolve. &nbsp;He also advised that once a fix is in place this report will be closed, and a new one will be opened. &nbsp;I understand this better due to the fact that after you have possible fix in place, you want to start fresh and track new issues after a fix has been issued. &nbsp;He did mention that a link to the new thread would be posted here. &nbsp;The current issue is that even though I have 11Mbps upload, I have 3 clients on my network, and trying to broadcast to an additional 3 clients. &nbsp;This requires 6 times the upload on my network due to each connection is now uploading to each player/connection (p2P). &nbsp;Other issues could be due to 3 users on the same network and some network traffic/miss communication with the packets (TCP/IP stufff). &nbsp;My group was able to connect to discordapp.com and operate as normal. &nbsp;Was it the way I wanted it to be, no....but I was able to hold my session, and gather/give some information to the dev!!! &nbsp;I am willing to keep testing the issue and help anyway I can. &nbsp;I would prefer not to do it on a game night, but the lost hour I think will be worth it in the long run. &nbsp;I look forward to the requested features being added. &nbsp;I'm not sure if R20 will have a download, or an add in the future, but I think they know where the issue is at, and just need develop the fix. &nbsp;I think they might have a new fix in place in the next 2-3 weeks, but guess is all any of us can do at this time. &nbsp;I will continue to use discordapp.com, until this thread is closed and I know a new fix is in place. &nbsp;After that I would test R20 again and see if it is working or not, and if not continue to up date/work with the devs as needed. Thanks for the update Niel. Would have been even better with a statement from the actual Phil, but this is indeed positive news. 11Mps is pretty high requirement on upload speed. Does the video bandwidth setting have any impact? Rules out most of the uk: <a href="http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-kingdom/" rel="nofollow">http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-kingdom/</a> Even with skewed results.... average is still only 9Mbps upload. I have the fibre optic here (bt infinity 2 and am next to an exchange) in uk and I only got&nbsp;13Mbps up!&nbsp; The issue from Neil's description isn't the upload speed, its the multiple people broadcasting from the same network that is multiplying the p2p connections speed requirements. Neil just said HIS connection was 11Mps, not that the dev said the requirement was 11Mps. And if they've said they're working on it, then they're working on it.
1mb/player is a lot of bandwidth for an upload if you've got a good size game and people have someone else doing something on their network. Is that for "average?" You might want to list bandwidth instead of just low/average/etc
Karl V.
Plus
Translator
We tried to use the system tonight again. Four players plus GM (me). Video bandwidth "Very Low". People upload ranging between 6Mps and 50Mps. Unable to get to it work in a stable fashion. Had to go for alternative solution. It seems that some players (seemingly randomly) are hit much harder by the problems than others. Strange behaviour noted: Sometimes when one player connected others players would randomly get disconnected or reconnected to the group.&nbsp;
Was able to speak yesterday - not today. Chrome, FFox & MS Edge. Here's the counsol link <a href="https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv945ZKdOm979l4AAVpDEsqoVeFTtHxU7MnBDMWiCox5zard-f54-nHbjmCK8rz07dQBiVBBb3ku3YksBshxdj0RXP1W7Ffeugf7zlvGIfqKPtGyffPwLiwsjLWg49uAH7YmMXc2B0vXGlsfgkkyCcDBEfCaXoQ" rel="nofollow">https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv945ZKdOm979l4AAVpDEsqoVeFTtHxU7MnBDMWiCox5zard-f54-nHbjmCK8rz07dQBiVBBb3ku3YksBshxdj0RXP1W7Ffeugf7zlvGIfqKPtGyffPwLiwsjLWg49uAH7YmMXc2B0vXGlsfgkkyCcDBEfCaXoQ</a>
techiecarer said: Pord said: Karl V. said: Neil M. said: Much thanks to Phil the Dev. &nbsp;He was able to join our game and do some trouble shooting. &nbsp;He advised that there is a BW issue that R20 needs to look at and resolve. &nbsp;He also advised that once a fix is in place this report will be closed, and a new one will be opened. &nbsp;I understand this better due to the fact that after you have possible fix in place, you want to start fresh and track new issues after a fix has been issued. &nbsp;He did mention that a link to the new thread would be posted here. &nbsp;The current issue is that even though I have 11Mbps upload, I have 3 clients on my network, and trying to broadcast to an additional 3 clients. &nbsp;This requires 6 times the upload on my network due to each connection is now uploading to each player/connection (p2P). &nbsp;Other issues could be due to 3 users on the same network and some network traffic/miss communication with the packets (TCP/IP stufff). &nbsp;My group was able to connect to discordapp.com and operate as normal. &nbsp;Was it the way I wanted it to be, no....but I was able to hold my session, and gather/give some information to the dev!!! &nbsp;I am willing to keep testing the issue and help anyway I can. &nbsp;I would prefer not to do it on a game night, but the lost hour I think will be worth it in the long run. &nbsp;I look forward to the requested features being added. &nbsp;I'm not sure if R20 will have a download, or an add in the future, but I think they know where the issue is at, and just need develop the fix. &nbsp;I think they might have a new fix in place in the next 2-3 weeks, but guess is all any of us can do at this time. &nbsp;I will continue to use discordapp.com, until this thread is closed and I know a new fix is in place. &nbsp;After that I would test R20 again and see if it is working or not, and if not continue to up date/work with the devs as needed. Thanks for the update Niel. Would have been even better with a statement from the actual Phil, but this is indeed positive news. 11Mps is pretty high requirement on upload speed. Does the video bandwidth setting have any impact? Rules out most of the uk: <a href="http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-kingdom/" rel="nofollow">http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-kingdom/</a> Even with skewed results.... average is still only 9Mbps upload. I have the fibre optic here (bt infinity 2 and am next to an exchange) in uk and I only got&nbsp;13Mbps up!&nbsp; The issue from Neil's description isn't the upload speed, its the multiple people broadcasting from the same network that is multiplying the p2p connections speed requirements. Neil just said HIS connection was 11Mps, not that the dev said the requirement was 11Mps. And if they've said they're working on it, then they're working on it. This is correct techiecarer . &nbsp;The dev did not say what a min requirement was at this point. &nbsp;The dev only explained that the current setup that R20 uses is a p2p setup. &nbsp;This being said, if there are 6 in the room (including you), you need to upload your audio and/or video to each player (5 others). &nbsp;What we experienced was the lost of audio to at least one of the players on MY network. &nbsp;With the current configuration, of having 3 people on one network we are wasting a ton of BW for uploading. &nbsp; The &nbsp;only thing I do not understand is that if my BW down is 50Mbs, why can't I hear everyone, and people just not hear one person on my network. Phil suggested appear.in, but we ended up using discord. &nbsp;I hope that R20 looks to either integrate, or mirror one of those solutions.&nbsp;
Neil M. said: This is correct techiecarer . &nbsp;The dev did not say what a min requirement was at this point. &nbsp;The dev only explained that the current setup that R20 uses is a p2p setup. &nbsp;This being said, if there are 6 in the room (including you), you need to upload your audio and/or video to each player (5 others). &nbsp;What we experienced was the lost of audio to at least one of the players on MY network. &nbsp;With the current configuration, of having 3 people on one network we are wasting a ton of BW for uploading. &nbsp; The &nbsp;only thing I do not understand is that if my BW down is 50Mbs, why can't I hear everyone, and people just not hear one person on my network. Phil suggested appear.in, but we ended up using discord. &nbsp;I hope that R20 looks to either integrate, or mirror one of those solutions.&nbsp; Appear.in also uses WebRTC which is why Phil suggested it, as if your group works fine with appear.in, then its possible that with time and development, the roll20 devs can get their system working to a point where your experience is similar. However, if your group has issues with appear.in too, then it is likely that your group would not be able to use a WebRTC (p2p) based system. Mirroring Discord would likely not be a possibility due to the way their server structure works (also no Video as of yet). Mirroring appear.in is effectively what roll20 are attempting to do. Integrating either one could be a possibility down the line, however Discord currently does not have an API for voice chat to be integrated on a site, and appear.in effectively just makes a browser frame with it's own site in it, so no way to customise it to roll20's needs.
Hi Dev Team, I DM'ed a new Video + Voice group with six players (total 7 participants) this past Sunday and experienced many of the issues that everyone else is experiencing. I built the game 3-4 months back- not sure if that's an issue. At first, my screen froze and I could not connect with the group. It may have been because there were two separate laptops in my household trying to connect to the large group, which may have put some strain on my WiFi's upload speed (hovers around 10.5 mbps, I'm guessing we would've needed 14mbps?). When we switched to sharing just one laptop in my household, while definitely not ideal, the problems seemed to be relieved on our end. However, getting into the game, two of my player's could not see or hear each other consistently and it took several attempts at reconnecting to get them connected (no other players were using multiple laptops in a household). I do plan to look at the logs closely next time as an easier way to determine which players can't see or hear each other rather than doing a time consuming roll call (perhaps this particular bit of code could be pointed out more clearly to users). I had approx. one hour of A/V issues and I think I turned off one of my players almost entirely from playing D&D again haha. I've told my players that shooting for a max of 20 minutes of issues next session and to show up early. Unfortunately, I did not save a log from my previous session because I had no idea about this thread. I plan to report issues from this next's week session more in depth and get players to update their browsers, clear their caches, use the WebRTC and Internet speed tests between now and then. If it fails again,&nbsp;I'm going to try Discord for Sound and Roll20 for Video to see if that helps. I hate the Google+ scrunched screen. As a person, I understand your reasons for taking this video/voice product in-house but, as a customer, I'm really disappointed with the quality of service that I'm paying for. If for some reason it has to do with my game being created 3-4 months back, I will be really pissed off because I built an extensive Monster Manual and multiple maps in that game. Importing and exporting individual characters/monsters is a big pain in the butt. I wish there was a way to mass export/import characters to and from the vault rather than individually.
Also, I would love to understand what High, Medium, Low and Lowest Video quality demands in terms of mbps per player. Guidelines would be awesome.
I am adding my voice of concern for the changes to roll20 as of late. &nbsp;Basically I'm paying for a pro subscription but I can no longer add music myself, I will no longer be able to use hangouts within the game, and the native chat program has yet to support more than 2 other players for us - and we don't even use video. &nbsp;The latest changes are a buggy mess. &nbsp;Lock it down to the most basic features working first before adding things like video or moving the icons. &nbsp;Make voice work with as many as possible. &nbsp;It's crazy how if I go on roll20, it's a failure, but if I hop on discord or hangouts directly, there is no issues. &nbsp;
As another Pro subscriber, I am really frustrated with this. Since this beta for the new cam tech started, we haven't had any games even approaching the reliability of the past on the webcam front. It makes me hesitant to suggest roll20 to anyone who wants to see the other players. For example, my last game, only one of my players could consistently see the majority of other people's webcams. We aren't even trying to use Roll20 for audio anymore... just webcam. Yes, we tried refreshing, hitting reconnect over and over, of course it's on the very lowest bandwidth, and so on. Here's that test you requested in the OP:&nbsp; <a href="https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv97omahiJCWtGsH" rel="nofollow">https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv97omahiJCWtGsH</a>... It says I don't have IPv6 enabled, but I do. And as others have reported, I get different results every time I try it. Here's another one that entirely failed a couple fo minutes later:&nbsp; <a href="https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv96E7jjiwDd4y_9" rel="nofollow">https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv96E7jjiwDd4y_9</a>... So, I'm not sure how that'll help you, but I hope it does. I get that you're trying to gather data so you can debug this, which is great. Still, this has been a while. I just have to say that it feels unreasonable (and bad for Roll20's business!) to expect the average new Roll20 user to do a lot of reporting and testing and adjusting settings... especially in this modern era where webcamera tech typically works by default or with very minimal and user-friendly tweaks. I suggest putting a "report problem" button in the webcam/voice section of the Roll20 interface. I bet you'd get some interesting statistics, if nothing else. And you could direct them somewhere helpful (this thread? A diagnostic? Whatever works for you.) Or, at least collect statistics on how often people with webcams enabled hit "Reconnect" or refresh their browser in a session. That'd be interesting, too. I know in our game you'd have seen dozens and dozens of "reconnect" attempts before we all collectively just gave up.&nbsp;
Jen, may I ask your upload speed (and if you know them, your players'?). Just curious if that really is the thing all people with issues here seem to have in common.
Just to add more from our experience: &nbsp;I'm not 100% convinced it's strictly a bandwidth issue. &nbsp;Myself and another of my group have 100/100 MBps fiber, and the other 3 in my group have at least 15+ Mbps uploads as well. &nbsp;Moreover, our last session went more-or-less ok for about an hour (however, there were some drop-outs), but after that it went to hell and when we all tried to reconnect we had the old problem where 2 people were able to see/hear each other and the other 3 would be in a separate "room". &nbsp;This to me seems more like a programming thing than just a bandwidth. &nbsp;It's as if the software doesn't know that the others are there. At this point we've just totally abandoned Roll20 for audio (which is critical) and just use skype. &nbsp;We have a game tomorrow where we may just leave the video on for sh*ts and giggles, but I don't have much hope. &nbsp;
Yeah, I'm running business-class cable to my home and I and every one of the other 5 people in our Roll20 campaign have issues with the new camera system every single week we play. Every person can see a random assortment of other people and black screens for the rest, and as people hit refresh it loads up a new set of random people that can be seen and others that can't. It's like this every single time.&nbsp; I understand development is going to have bugs, but I have to say that video conferencing is not a brand new technology. This shouldn't be this difficult.&nbsp;
Mouse said: Jen, may I ask your upload speed (and if you know them, your players'?). Just curious if that really is the thing all people with issues here seem to have in common. According to an upload site I just checked, upload is 11 Mbps. However, my husband and I play from the same house -- would that help WebRTC since we're local, or just halve our speed? (We aren't the only ones with trouble though.) Seems odd to blame bandwidth when we've all had successful simultaneous webcam experiences using other programs and even the prior version of roll20's webcams. Roll20's cam windows are also tiny compared to the resolution I see in a big Skype or Hangouts session, so how much bandwidth would "low" setting truly need?

Edited 1484163751
Jen said: Mouse said: Jen, may I ask your upload speed (and if you know them, your players'?). Just curious if that really is the thing all people with issues here seem to have in common. According to an upload site I just checked, upload is 11 Mbps. However, my husband and I play from the same house -- would that help WebRTC since we're local, or just halve our speed? (We aren't the only ones with trouble though.) Seems odd to blame bandwidth when we've all had successful simultaneous webcam experiences using other programs and even the prior version of roll20's webcams. Roll20's cam windows are also tiny compared to the resolution I see in a big Skype or Hangouts session, so how much bandwidth would "low" setting truly need? According to other statements in this thread, two computers from the same house double the upload requirement, so given 6 people in roll20, you would need 12 Mbps upload speed instead of 'only' 6. Might not be an issue in your case though, depending on the amount of players. But yeah, the upload problems seem to be caused by roll20s solution not using a system like f.e. skype, so everyone has to upload and download to/from everyone which is a lot of load... So its not about the size of the windows, really. As for how much the settings change the requirements, we haven't had a statement on that one... Unfortunately. Frustrating.

Edited 1484161425
Jen said: According to an upload site I just checked, upload is 11 Mbps. However, my husband and I play from the same house -- would that help WebRTC since we're local, or just halve our speed? (We aren't the only ones with trouble though.) Seems odd to blame bandwidth when we've all had successful simultaneous webcam experiences using other programs and even the prior version of roll20's webcams. Roll20's cam windows are also tiny compared to the resolution I see in a big Skype or Hangouts session, so how much bandwidth would "low" setting truly need? Bandwidth is definitely one of the main issues here. (Note: this is all conjecture based on what the devs have said before, but I have a background in computer programming, so this is what I'm guessing is happening) Hangouts / Discord are all "All to One" systems, meaning that you send one video/audio feed to a server, this gets copied at the server and sent to each person. WebRTC (both roll20's implementation as well as the original version by OpenTok and appear.in) is peer to peer, meaning that for each player, you send more data. If I have 5 players plus myself in a game, I send 5 copies of my webcam feed, one for each player, and they send out 5 copies of their data. So obviously if 2 players are on the same network, that network is sending 10 sets of data and receiving 10 sets. The difference between roll20's current webRTC and OpenTok/appear.in, is that as companies specialising in webRTC conferencing, they have better servers and better coding which supports lower bandwidths. roll20 are still trying working to try and get to this point, as mentioned by Neil further up this page. (Edit: Skype is also peer to peer, but again, as a company specifically for web telephony, they have much better coding and server implementation so can deal with much lower bandwidths)
Techicecarer are you a dev for roll20? &nbsp;Reading your posts I can't tell if you're a dev or just an apologist as most of your posts consist of either repeating what the devs have said or postulating on what the problem(s) are. &nbsp; Your post above seems to, on one hand, say that bandwidth is the issue and it's because WebRTC underlying p2p architecture just doesn't scale well with more players, but on the other hand, says that the other WebRTC implementations are better because they are "companies that specialize in webRTC and better servers and coding" and that's why they worked. &nbsp; I am all in favor or roll20 "still trying to work to get to this point" but I think a lot of players are frustrated that for $100 year we are basically beta testing this. &nbsp;Either hire/buy "better coders and servers" or move to an "all in one" system that works....after all, Discord is free. &nbsp; In the end however I've just resigned myself to using an alternative system (skype), unfortunately not all of my players have dual monitors so it's not possible to do the video b/c it would take up too much screen real estate. &nbsp;Which is a shame, b/c the video avatar's add a huge positive component to the game rather than just playing over the phone. &nbsp; And of course, everything else on roll20 is pretty freaking awesome so the platform is great, minus this (very frustrating) lingering issue.
Jack V. said: Techicecarer are you a dev for roll20? &nbsp;Reading your posts I can't tell if you're a dev or just an apologist as most of your posts consist of either repeating what the devs have said or postulating on what the problem(s) are. &nbsp; Your post above seems to, on one hand, say that bandwidth is the issue and it's because WebRTC underlying p2p architecture just doesn't scale well with more players, but on the other hand, says that the other WebRTC implementations are better because they are "companies that specialize in webRTC and better servers and coding" and that's why they worked. &nbsp; I am all in favor or roll20 "still trying to work to get to this point" but I think a lot of players are frustrated that for $100 year we are basically beta testing this. &nbsp;Either hire/buy "better coders and servers" or move to an "all in one" system that works....after all, Discord is free. &nbsp; In the end however I've just resigned myself to using an alternative system (skype), unfortunately not all of my players have dual monitors so it's not possible to do the video b/c it would take up too much screen real estate. &nbsp;Which is a shame, b/c the video avatar's add a huge positive component to the game rather than just playing over the phone. &nbsp; And of course, everything else on roll20 is pretty freaking awesome so the platform is great, minus this (very frustrating) lingering issue. I am not a dev for roll20 (I'm pretty sure I'd be breaking community guidelines if I was and didn't identify myself as one). As I said in my last post however, I am a computer programmer, so I have at least some knowledge of how these systems work so I've been giving that information to help others understand the issue. If that makes me sound like an apologist I'm sorry, though I find that funny as I've been having and continue to have the same issues with roll20's webRTC, same as everyone else in this thread (I'm actually writing this as I'm switching my group to appear.in for our session tonight). WebRTC is a set of APIs and communication protocols that anyone can use. It's an open source project. However, the capacity and capability of the system depends on the implementation of it. OpenTok and appear.in have added on proprietary code of their own to enhance the system, meaning that their setups are more robust. "Either hire/buy "better coders and servers" or move to an "all in one" system that works....after all, Discord is free." &nbsp;- Discord is&nbsp;proprietary and there is no way currently to embed it within a website, I'm sure roll20 would use it in a heartbeat if it could be. I use it for a lot of gaming outside of roll20 plus my group has a discord server to chat between sessions so I'd love that.
We tried the integrated voice and video yesterday and the sound was terrible (robot voices, etc.). We quickly switched back to hangout and it was a relief for everyone. What was surprising with the integrated voice was that everyone was complaining about something different, it seemed somewhat random.
I was DMing a game with only 2 other players (3 people in total) last night. I was using video+voice, the players were broadcasting only voice. Yet we had this strange issue that every 10-15 minutes two of us (at random it seemed) would stop hearing each other, but the third person will continue hearing everyone. So every 10-15 minutes one will click "Reconnect" button and it will fix the connection.. until the next hiccup appeared. At some point, two hours in, we just switched to skype, which generally requires much higher bandwidth than any of the other push-to-talk options, yet everything was perfectly fine there (again, I was using cam, the other two were only voice). I've had similar issue in another game, where we also stopped using the roll20 options because it would split the party (7 people game) into two or three different "channels" where two or three people will be separated from the others, but will be able to hear each other. But last night, where one kept being connected to both, yet they didn't had connection among themselves was first time I experienced that.&nbsp;
I don't have anything new to add, but I feel compelled to chime in echoing the frustration of many other users on this thread. The stability and quality of my roll20 connection have been dropping for months. Last night our game was almost completely unplayable. Similar problems to everyone else. Robot voices, odd connection issues (some players can't see/hear each other), frequent dropouts. I can't overstate how much this is souring my impression of this service, particularly since it used to be rock-solid. I'll go and run the diagnostics later, but I'm not sure they'll tell me much.
Denica B. said: I was DMing a game with only 2 other players (3 people in total) last night. I was using video+voice, the players were broadcasting only voice. Yet we had this strange issue that every 10-15 minutes two of us (at random it seemed) would stop hearing each other, but the third person will continue hearing everyone. So every 10-15 minutes one will click "Reconnect" button and it will fix the connection.. until the next hiccup appeared.&nbsp; This exact thing happened to our Tuesday night game. I GM'd two players. After a couple of hiccups that were immediately fixed with the "Reconnect" button, we stopped having issues. I also got everyone to switch their bandwidth to Very Low, which seemed to help, I guess. We couldn't find any noticeable depreciation in image or voice quality, but it seemed to help keep a steady connection with no more dropoffs.
We were using google hangout for a long time and we gave a try to the new webrtc.&nbsp; It was a total disaster and waste of time. Players dropping, other not hearing everyone or only a few other players, webcams freezing. Definitely not what i call a stable product. We went back to google hangout after we wasted 30 minutes and everything went smoothly. we are 4 players and 1 dm. If webrtc doesn't improve, we'll not be using it and go with discord video (when it comes out), discord voice only or something else.&nbsp;
Not to pile on, but if the reports help-- We tried using the video-voice last night with three people. Two of us got on no problem and, for us, everything worked fine. But the third player could not get the video-voice to work at all, even after multiple attempts. We'll try again at some point, as having the gaming integrated into one app is more convenient (not everyone has two screens). But here's hoping this improves. I'm not really complaining, as I don't-- as yet-- pay for the service. But I will want to do so in the near future, as my online gaming needs have increased substantially.&nbsp; Cheers, AD
So, with the Google Announcemnt I wanted to give WebRCT a try. Can`t even do the test because as soon as I hit "Allow" to use my Camera and mike the browser just crashes. Firefox and Chrome alike. So, guess I will have to look somewhere else.
Just a quick update from our game last night......aside from one hiccup early on where one player dropped but managed to reconnect, after that it worked well for 2 solid hours straight. &nbsp;So it's getting better at least on our end and at least for this one event.&nbsp; One question I had, the only difference that I set was to set the video quality to "low", but I do notice that one of my players, (the one who dropped) seems to have a much better video quality than the others. &nbsp;Is there some way for the non-GM's to reduce the video quality? &nbsp;Is it a camera setting or something?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jack V. said: Just a quick update from our game last night......aside from one hiccup early on where one player dropped but managed to reconnect, after that it worked well for 2 solid hours straight. &nbsp;So it's getting better at least on our end and at least for this one event.&nbsp; One question I had, the only difference that I set was to set the video quality to "low", but I do notice that one of my players, (the one who dropped) seems to have a much better video quality than the others. &nbsp;Is there some way for the non-GM's to reduce the video quality? &nbsp;Is it a camera setting or something? The player adjusting their video quality down is a camera setting and will be different for each. However, we're currently working on giving the GM better control over the bandwidth settings for the whole call.
Last night's report - Quality is improving for our group but still not solid. For some reason I had no video feeds, but others did. Must be missing a setting somewhere, I had 'receive voice and video' checked. All I needed was voice though, and that worked pretty&nbsp;well for 2-3 hours,&nbsp;until two of the players lost connection to each other, which we noticed when they started talking over the top of each other. After that the rest of us started to get some garbled speech as well. It was near the end of the session so we just fought through it instead of jumping over to hangouts. Definitely improving, but still not as good as alternatives. I have non-technical people in this game so it's FAR easier for me to just have them use Roll20 for everything and not try to get them joining two different things - I'm hoping the positive trend continues and doesn't just plateau here.
Last night was absolutely terrible! Webcams not working. &nbsp;Disconnects all over the place. &nbsp;It has suddenly gotten so much worse for us. &nbsp;It was bad before but now it's awful! &nbsp;I live stream our games on Twitch but I know that's not the issue because we had problems before we went live. &nbsp;We used TS3 for voice.

Edited 1484448091
Text chat isn't showing on chrome. I can check the chat log and see it but it doesn't show up on the table.

Edited 1484510000
Webcams not working, chat cutting in and out. Sporadically can see and talk to one other player. Always used to work fine before the new year. Whats changed??? Trying to run a game as we speak!! All on firefox or chrome. Exact same set ups for all, no changes. Now WebRTC just doesnt seem to work?

Edited 1484519429
Karl V.
Plus
Translator
The WebRTC now crashes the desktop from one of my players. He is running updated Chrome on OSX 10.11.6. As soon as we have the webRTC enabled his roll20 desktop completely stops working (no text chat, no maps, no tokens. The only part of the desktop that is visible and updates in the toolbox to the left). We had to turn webRTC off for everyone to even make the roll20 platform useable. This behaviour is new since last week or so. One more edit: Tried appear.in with same people, same computers, same connections. Everyone connected just fine with excellent audio and video quality. This _is_ a roll20 problem, not anything related to webRTC or setups. Last edit: Also tried the same people in a brand new game. Absolutely no difference. Still whack-a-mole and crashing desktop.
We had around 45 minutes of successful Audio/Video and then it crapped out and nobody could see or hear anyone. We did the refresh and all of that stuff. Four players, one in Europe. p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; min-height: 14.0px} app.roll20.net/:12 Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.doubleclick.net https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://www.googletagservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.googletagservices.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.google-analytics.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="http://ajax.googleapis.com" rel="nofollow">http://ajax.googleapis.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://cdn.firebase.com" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.firebase.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.tokbox.com https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="http://static.opentok.com" rel="nofollow">http://static.opentok.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="http://cdn.crowdin.com" rel="nofollow">http://cdn.crowdin.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="http://stun.l.google.com" rel="nofollow">http://stun.l.google.com</a>". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-eATeBtBeG1OB47HP7xJcVRUFxJNzjZYNW+PZnKDYJJI='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution. app.roll20.net/:13 Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.doubleclick.net https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://www.googletagservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.googletagservices.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.google-analytics.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="http://ajax.googleapis.com" rel="nofollow">http://ajax.googleapis.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="https://cdn.firebase.com" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.firebase.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.tokbox.com https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="http://static.opentok.com" rel="nofollow">http://static.opentok.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="http://cdn.crowdin.com" rel="nofollow">http://cdn.crowdin.com</a> https://*.googlesyndication.com <a href="http://stun.l.google.com" rel="nofollow">http://stun.l.google.com</a>". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-npngRtQYomQz2/PGlo3OMaFWOvAvrm65p+WFyZPCRuo='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution. app.js?1484245871:31 70 app.js?1484245871:31 TOUCH SUPPORTED: false app.js?1484245871:31 USING WEBGL ACCELERATION... app.js?1484245871:31 WEBGL STARTUP SUCCESS app.js?1484245871:33 Custom Sheet Translation app.js?1484245871:26 select app.js?1484245871:26 Switch mode to select app.js?1484245871:42 Initializing new dice engine with randomness... app.js?1484245871:42 Using random entropy app.js?1484245871:46 Compiling sheet... app.js?1484245871:46 Found webworker script jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{REF}+@{Agility_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{FORT}+@{Stamina_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{WILL}+@{Personality_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{WeaponAtk}+@{ATK}+@{Strength_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{WeaponAtk}+@{ATK}+@{Agility_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Luck_mod}*-1" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Intelligence_mod}+@{WizardSpellCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Personality_mod}+@{DivineAidCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Personality_mod}+@{TurnUnholyCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Personality_mod}+@{LayOnHandsCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Personality_mod}+@{ClericSpellCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefSneak}+@{Agility_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefHide}+@{Agility_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefPickPockets}+@{Agility_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefClimb}+@{Agility_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefPickLocks}+@{Agility_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefFindTraps}+@{Intelligence_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefDisableTraps}+@{Agility_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefForgeDocuments}+@{Agility_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefDisguise}+@{Personality_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefRead}+@{Intelligence_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefPoison}}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{ThiefCastScroll}+@{Intelligence_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{HalflingStealth}+@{Agility_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{ElfPatronBondMisc}+@{Intelligence_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Intelligence_mod}+@{Level}+@{ElfInvokePatronMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{ElfSpellCheckMisc}+@{Intelligence_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Personality_mod}+@{BardCalltoArms}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Personality_mod}+@{BardChallenge}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Personality_mod}+@{BardCalm}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Intelligence_mod}+@{BardLore}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Intelligence_mod}+@{BardSpellCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "10*@{Level}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 2jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{TrickDie}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "10*@{Level}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Intelligence_mod}+@{GnomeSpellCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Personality_mod}+@{InstillBraveryCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Personality_mod}+@{CauseFearCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Personality_mod}+@{LayOnHandsCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Personality_mod}+@{PaladinSpellCheckMisc}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{RangerClimb}+@{Agility_mod}+@{Level}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{RangerTraps}+@{Agility_mod}+@{Level}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{RangerSneak}+@{Agility_mod}+@{Level}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{RangerStrider}+@{Agility_mod}+@{Level}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{RangerSurvival}+@{Personality_mod}+@{Level}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 2jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 The specified value "@{Level}+@{Intelligence_mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? clean @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 app.js?1484245871:46 Finding sheet rolls... jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 Mixed Content: The page at '<a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/</a>' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure font '<a href="http://imgsrv.roll20.net/?src=themes.googleusercontent.com/static/fonts/corben/v6/ljkAb4w-83fUltRn9aENdbO3LdcAZYWl9Si6vvxL-qU.woff" rel="nofollow">http://imgsrv.roll20.net/?src=themes.googleusercontent.com/static/fonts/corben/v6/ljkAb4w-83fUltRn9aENdbO3LdcAZYWl9Si6vvxL-qU.woff</a>'. This content should also be served over HTTPS. addClass @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 Mixed Content: The page at '<a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/</a>' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure font '<a href="http://imgsrv.roll20.net/?src=themes.googleusercontent.com/static/fonts/corben/v6/uWWoJk4JhWoRrYEm4mc4D-vvDin1pK8aKteLpeZ5c0A.woff" rel="nofollow">http://imgsrv.roll20.net/?src=themes.googleusercontent.com/static/fonts/corben/v6/uWWoJk4JhWoRrYEm4mc4D-vvDin1pK8aKteLpeZ5c0A.woff</a>'. This content should also be served over HTTPS. addClass @ jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2 app.js?1484245871:47 window resize app.js?1484245871:32 Final set zoom! app.js?1484245871:31 UPDATE GL SIZE! app.js?1484245871:32 Final set zoom! tutorial_tips.js:7 tuts loaded sheetsandboxworker.js?20160926:250Starting up WEB WORKER /js/d20/sheetsandboxworker.js?20160926:250 Starting up WEB WORKER app.js:38 Final page load. app.js:37 Auth'ed. app.js:37 Go post auth! app.js:37 initial setup app.js:35 T.r app.js:37 Got players value... app.js:37 joining game... 5app.js:35 Full load page! app.js:37 We have 5 pages app.js:35 Player -KKnCzqRETrGj00FyRRC is offline... app.js:35 Player -KXItsTVskgctpB6-AZq is offline... app.js:36 Global Volume: 100=1 app.js:44 Loading Roll20 Chat Event Handlers app.js:45 Load user media and connect to Roll20 signaling server. app.js:35 Adding myself before r app.js:35 Player -K_uU4uSWC0Ji2_EfdnU is offline... app.js:37 Deferred finish joining... app.js:31 Firebase Online app.js:35 Adding myself before -KXLbHoxP3ES2GNazC43 app.js:37 handle page changes app.js:37 false app.js:45 my mediaStream Array[2] app.js:45 PEER i app.js:33 Do refresh link cache! app.js:45 Refresh Journal List! app.js:45 Search took 8ms app.js:45 Call TO: John - Thatcher & Bentley | -KXLbHoxP3ES2GNazC43 app.js:37 init active page! app.js:35 activate page! app.js:35 FULLY ACTIVATE VIEWS FOR PAGE. app.js:35 Graphics: 5 app.js:35 Paths: 0 app.js:35 Reorder by ZORDER app.js:34 Swapping <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2022" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2022</a>... to <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2022" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2022</a>... app.js:34 Swapping <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2025" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2025</a>... to <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2025" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2025</a>... app.js:34 Swapping <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2621" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2621</a>... to <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2621" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/2621</a>... 3app.js:34 setting src app.js:38 Scan for new plays! app.js:35 Reorder by ZORDER app.js:35 Player -KXLbHoxP3ES2GNazC43 is offline... app.js:35 Adding myself before -KXItsTVskgctpB6-AZq app.js:25 PeerJS: ERROR Error: Could not connect to peer campaign1480334nry5WtYfdlgBpE1pdQ8URQKXLbHoxP3ES2GNazC43 app.js:45 General Error: Error: Could not connect to peer campaign1480334nry5WtYfdlgBpE1pdQ8URQKXLbHoxP3ES2GNazC43 at i.emitError (app.js:25) at i._handleMessage (app.js:25) at i.&lt;anonymous&gt; (app.js:25) at i.n.emit (app.js:25) at WebSocket._socket._socket.onmessage (app.js:25) (anonymous) @ app.js:45 app.js:40 MESSAGE RECEIVED app.js:40 MessageEvent app.js:45 Load user media and connect to Roll20 signaling server. app.js:45 my mediaStream Array[2] app.js:45 PEER i app.js:45 Call TO: Judge Eric | -KKnCzqRETrGj00FyRRC app.js:35 Player -KKnCzqRETrGj00FyRRC is offline... app.js:35 Player -KXLbHoxP3ES2GNazC43 is offline... app.js:47 window resize app.js:32 Final set zoom! app.js:31 UPDATE GL SIZE! app.js:32 Final set zoom! app.js?1484245871:40 MESSAGE RECEIVED app.js?1484245871:40 MessageEvent {isTrusted: true, data: "zero-timeout-message", origin: "<a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a>", lastEventId: "", source: Window…} app.js?1484245871:45 Load user media and connect to Roll20 signaling server. app.js?1484245871:45 my mediaStream [MediaStreamTrack, MediaStreamTrack] app.js?1484245871:45 PEER i {options: Object, destroyed: false, disconnected: false, open: false, connections: Object…} app.js?1484245871:45 Call TO: Judge Eric | -KKnCzqRETrGj00FyRRC app.js?1484245871:43 Finished after going 2 levels deep. app.js?1484245871:44 Begin processing op! app.js?1484245871:44 Inline rolls complete! app.js?1484245871:40 MESSAGE RECEIVED app.js?1484245871:40 MessageEvent {isTrusted: true, data: "zero-timeout-message", origin: "<a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a>", lastEventId: "", source: Window…} app.js?1484245871:45 Load user media and connect to Roll20 signaling server. app.js?1484245871:45 my mediaStream [MediaStreamTrack, MediaStreamTrack] app.js?1484245871:45 PEER i {options: Object, destroyed: false, disconnected: false, open: false, connections: Object…} app.js?1484245871:45 Call TO: Judge Eric | -KKnCzqRETrGj00FyRRC app.js?1484245871:40 MESSAGE RECEIVED app.js?1484245871:40 MessageEvent {isTrusted: true, data: "zero-timeout-message", origin: "<a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a>", lastEventId: "", source: Window…} app.js?1484245871:45 Load user media and connect to Roll20 signaling server. app.js?1484245871:45 my mediaStream [MediaStreamTrack] app.js?1484245871:45 PEER i {options: Object, destroyed: false, disconnected: false, open: false, connections: Object…} app.js?1484245871:45 Call TO: Judge Eric | -KKnCzqRETrGj00FyRRC app.js?1484245871:40 MESSAGE RECEIVED app.js?1484245871:40 MessageEvent {isTrusted: true, data: "zero-timeout-message", origin: "<a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a>", lastEventId: "", source: Window…} app.js?1484245871:45 Load user media and connect to Roll20 signaling server. app.js?1484245871:45 my mediaStream [MediaStreamTrack, MediaStreamTrack] app.js?1484245871:45 PEER i {options: Object, destroyed: false, disconnected: false, open: false, connections: Object…} app.js?1484245871:45 Call TO: Judge Eric | -KKnCzqRETrGj00FyRRC app.js?1484245871:35 Player -KKnCzqRETrGj00FyRRC is offline... app.js?1484245871:35 Player -KXLbHoxP3ES2GNazC43 is offline... app.js?1484245871:43 Finished after going 2 levels deep. app.js?1484245871:44 Begin processing op! app.js?1484245871:44 Inline rolls complete! app.js?1484245871:40 MESSAGE RECEIVED app.js?1484245871:40 MessageEvent {isTrusted: true, data: "zero-timeout-message", origin: "<a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a>", lastEventId: "", source: Window…} app.js?1484245871:45 Load user media and connect to Roll20 signaling server. app.js?1484245871:45 my mediaStream [MediaStreamTrack, MediaStreamTrack] app.js?1484245871:45 PEER i {options: Object, destroyed: false, disconnected: false, open: false, connections: Object…} app.js?1484245871:45 Call TO: Judge Eric | -KKnCzqRETrGj00FyRRC app.js?1484245871:43 Finished after going 2 levels deep. app.js?1484245871:44 Begin processing op! app.js?1484245871:44 Inline rolls complete!
Karl V.
Plus
Translator
Ok. I have information that may actually be quite important for the roll20 developers. Running the roll20 webRTC : In&nbsp;chrome://webrtc-internals/ I have TONS of webRTC entires. Up to 16 instances observed. Bandwidth useage seems to grow with number of instances. Running appear.in webRTC : In&nbsp;chrome://webrtc-internals/ I only have 2 webRTC entires no matter how many people are connected. Bandwidth utlization is a fraction of what roll20 uses. This seems to me like a fundamental problem in the webRTC implementation in the roll20 client. Possible root cause : The webRTC sessions are recreated every time there is a connection problem. Also whenever anyone hits reconnect this creates a new session eating more bandwidth. Only workaround we found is closing the tab. Unfortunatelly this creates a new session for everyone else in the game....
Any updates admins? Progress reports?&nbsp;

Edited 1484605124
I usually participate weekly in Roll20 based gaming sessions and the reason for my choice of roll20 was the integrated voice/video solution. The move to webrtc has unfortunately removed my main reason for using roll20. I have not had any working session since the switch to webrtc.&nbsp; A lot of your fans are quite capable software developers and may be interested in aiding you in improving your webrtc solution but that requires feedback from you. I've noticed a possible pattern for at least some issues. There seems to be quite a high load when running multiple webrtc instances and that seems to make the connections more unstable on older, weaker machines. How is webrtc setup, is it in a mesh network or does it run as a star network? What kind of codecs are you using? How are you limiting the load on the machines? Ex. the configuration I saw in appear.in had googCpuOveruseDetection set to true. Best regards
Probably a dumb question but for the last year and a half I found the old Tokbox to work fine, what happened with that again
Hello! First off, I ran the test (didn't expect to have any issues) but it gave me a bug under "Reflexive Connectivity". I don't seem to have any issues caused by this, but here's my link either way:&nbsp; <a href="https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv96wQh5XdQzEqFL" rel="nofollow">https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv96wQh5XdQzEqFL</a>... If someone could explain what impact Reflexive Connectivity is having on my game play experience, please let me know. Now the real reason I came here is for an issue I reported quite a while ago here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2337867/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2337867/slug%7D</a> The reason I'm bringing this up again now is that during the beta testing of the WebRTC functionality, the problem was GONE when I used "video only" for broadcasting and receiving. My mic volume remained unchanged! The second you guys rolled this out into the "stable" version, it broke again. My mic now auto-adjusts it's volume whenever I'm in Roll20. Any suggestions or help with this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Megna

Edited 1484654496
Any updates from the Roll20 dev team on this? Unplayable for my group at the moment, was fine before new year. Nothing worse than a paid for service going dark on you :(
Ajax said: Probably a dumb question but for the last year and a half I found the old Tokbox to work fine, what happened with that again The cost of tokbox was becoming to high. I personally would accept an additional cost for tokbox support until their own webrtc solution works. Because as of now the main reason (integrated video/voice) for me to use Roll20 is gone.
<a href="https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv95UwaLlw8kjL9GJDKrZfb4T7gHSAddP-bInvTTo-OIUFLfmpJDNwT99U68z9srppap5ef1SnnkEM0wbSWsN5XNnCXnmyT-M5cv-4_X9y7NESXc20Y07bBwaESDcONu5iCErQFevh9ZR5LCTYwaWJEqjt8CUrg" rel="nofollow">https://test.webrtc.org/report/AMIfv95UwaLlw8kjL9GJDKrZfb4T7gHSAddP-bInvTTo-OIUFLfmpJDNwT99U68z9srppap5ef1SnnkEM0wbSWsN5XNnCXnmyT-M5cv-4_X9y7NESXc20Y07bBwaESDcONu5iCErQFevh9ZR5LCTYwaWJEqjt8CUrg</a>