Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Pathfinder] Feedback Needed!

chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yeah in theory it is simple, but people do all sorts of crazy things with macros that we just don't know what they are doing and when we tried to force a spell migration it went horribly wrong. So.. an optional migration is really the key when we're talking about lists and user editable macros. (for something they can't really do much with anyway it's safer, like how in beta we move their items from the static worn items to the list)
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
ahh, that makes sense, i failed to account for macros. plausible solution could be to leave the NPC section as it was, with a toggle in settings to display the new version and have an optional migration button. this would result in having to support the old NPC SLA section however wich causes problems of its own.

Edited 1485762350
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
new version based on feedback: (but simpler so i can actually do it) the Ex, Sp, Su is to the side to indicate it is "separate" but it's the same menu (not an intersection of the other tabs,  I tried that with spells and spellcasting class it just got too crazy) what's weird is some categories are for monsters, some for PCs. so it can be confusing. 
Nibrodooh
Pro
Sheet Author
PCs can obtain spell like abilities from various other abilities(For example a gnome's "gnome magic" racial trait) so it is used by some PCs. Would it be viable to make the Special Abilities/Attacks tabs only show if there is something in them? That would remove clutter from player sheets while keeping the functionality for NPCs.

Edited 1485920845
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Simon said: Okay using version 1.07 ; 01/28/2017 08:33AM(PT), the macro still does not work, but I do not know why. Below is a snapshot of what the filled out Spell-Like Ability looks like. And below is the code used in the attribute: CL ((@{spellclass-0-level}) + (@{spellclass-0-level-misc}) + (floor((3*(@{spellclass-1-level}))/4)) + (@{spellclass-1-level-misc}) + (@{spellclass-2-level}) + (@{spellclass-2-level-misc})) I figured this out. I was using: (/something/g).exec(string) when I should have been using: string.match(/something/g) I figured out the difference between the two is i'll have it added to v1.11
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Simon it is in the current Beta build. V1.10 Note: the spell like abillites list has been deprecated, and there is a new "one list"  for all abilities. so you'll need to copy any SLAs over. but. the current SLAs will not change at all, so .. if you re-import a character, it should upgrade and your SLAs will work exactly as before. the table that appears in chat is still ugly, working on that  this was done just to elminate migration and backward compatibility issues that will inevitably arise as did when I tried to migrate spells to one list. Though I'll see when we can get a migration script for those abilities. Just can't do it now. Plus the beta now has James W's Hero Lab importer for your testing.

Edited 1485968590
I have a broken weapon attack that doesn't have an ID.  Is there any way to delete it without having to redo the entire sheet? Edit: Recalculating the sheet doesn't do anything to it.  It's been there for several months now.
chris b. said: if you re-import a character, it should upgrade and your SLAs will work exactly as before. Okay, I re-imported Derwyrdd Briarsoul, so if you could delete the one that is inside 'Imported Characters' folder, and edit the other so that its character sheet is usable, I would appreciate it.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
k done
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D. H. said: I have a broken weapon attack that doesn't have an ID.  Is there any way to delete it without having to redo the entire sheet? Edit: Recalculating the sheet doesn't do anything to it.  It's been there for several months now. open a ticket on the bug forum and a dev can delete it for you. you'll need to provide them with the campaign, the character and the row you want deleted. I have a few of these in very old sheets and there doesn't seem to be anything i can do to delete them. They don't even show up with red dashed lines around them to indicate they are messed up.
chris b. said: k done I am still unable to use/edit the 'Derwyrdd Briarsoul' character sheet, I am thinking that perhaps the same thing happened as before, and you forgot to save the changes.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
duh, yes, sorry. it's now editable by all players. i opened it a second time to be sure :)
chris b. said: D. H. said: I have a broken weapon attack that doesn't have an ID.  Is there any way to delete it without having to redo the entire sheet? Edit: Recalculating the sheet doesn't do anything to it.  It's been there for several months now. open a ticket on the bug forum and a dev can delete it for you. you'll need to provide them with the campaign, the character and the row you want deleted. I have a few of these in very old sheets and there doesn't seem to be anything i can do to delete them. They don't even show up with red dashed lines around them to indicate they are messed up. Thanks!  Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot!
Okay, I tested out the Spell-Like Abilities extensively, and they work just fine. However, several of the pink buttons on the Abilities tab do not work.
Okay, just tested out the latest update to BETA, the pink button 'Abilities' does not properly post/show the DC of any of the Spell-Like Abilities therein (individually they work, but not when used through the Pink 'Abilities' button).  Also, I noticed that I no longer see a 'Range' Drop-box for Spell-Like-Abilities.  In addition, I think it would be nice if there was an 'All Abilities' pink button, or is that what Abilities is meant to show, because when I tested it, all it shows are Spell-Like-Abilities.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the dcs are other values are fixed,  we just made some changes to the range dropdown so you'd have to try again. it is less confusing now i hope. i noticed range was missing too, until i change something the ability_type dropown to something then back to sp. or just hitting recacl i hope should fix it. still looking at that.
Okay, just re-tested out the macros on the BETA sheet. Any of the spell-like abilities that have a damage slot filled out posts "deafened_note" in the chat window. In addition if a save is not typed out it posts "hassave" in the chant window. These are not actually problems, just thought you should know. Also, I have noticed that with these last two updates, I need to fully write out formulas for range and spell level when using a custom CL. Before, I only needed to write out the custom CL, and the spell-level would be able to self-calculate. This is also not a problem, just something that I noticed.

Edited 1486519686
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Simon said: Also, I have noticed that with these last two updates, I need to fully write out formulas for range and spell level when using a custom CL. Before, I only needed to write out the custom CL, and the spell-level would be able to self-calculate. This is also not a problem, just something that I noticed. that shouldn't happen, sigh edit: found the problem it would probably help if i used the misc field value in calculations :) edit2: fixed in 1.13

Edited 1487001398
Any chance I can get access or a hero to tinker with? I'd like to test the hero lab importer. Also what sort of ETA would there be to getting access to this for a game?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Aaron A. said: Any chance I can get access or a hero to tinker with? I'd like to test the hero lab importer. Also what sort of ETA would there be to getting access to this for a game? Thanks Aaron.  You can access our  beta game which has the HL import code built-in, but I think you'll need a pro account using our latest beta code to really test it.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
 As Vince said just go to the beta campaign and most characters are set to be editable by all players.  You'd have to have Hero Lab and export a character to test that piece. Testing seems nearly done. (but we keep saying that.) It would be nice to be available before March. I thought it would be out by November. I was so naive when I was younger.
I've been doing some tinkering with the import function and have found some issues with it. I believe I also have fixes for some of them. How do you guys normally edit the file? Do you manage it as that one massive thing or is there some sort of build process? If it is managed as one big file would you be interested in some sort of build process so it could be broken down?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
James W is leading the charge for the HL import routine.  You might send him a PM.  We handle this as one large file, although  Chris has "compartmentalized" some of the js.  Thanks

Edited 1487445879
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
we'd love a build process.  right now it's one massive file. It is already broken up into modules at least, so it is easily split up. i'm a C# dev, and so is Magik, so we don't know the fancy schmancy ways people do javascript :) I was gonna try to work on that after we release our current Beta. I got as far as downloading Microsoft Code. (still using Notepad++) and contact James for anything re: herolab as Vince says. Because he maintains that module separately. Scott is working on an API companion, but we are changing the sheet too fast for him :) it has finally settled down as we get ready for release. I suppose, we should keep the API companion and sheet in sync as well.

Edited 1487456867
I'll start working on it then :) I come from a pretty advanced javascript background so I should be able to whip something up. Do you guys have a github repo that have everything in it already (so I can just fork) or are you passing files manually? If you're passing stuff manually I can also setup the repo. Also, while i'm figuring this out don't worry about things changing underneath me, the transformation process of the code to make it work is pretty simple. The hard part is configuring the build tools since they aren't well designed to handle global variables (like lodash and on). They're also designed to keep the js bundle seperate so inlining it will take some doing too Edit: I decided to give it a try while waiting. If you guys have a github repo for this I can easily fork and re-do this on that repo. I only separated out TheAaronSheet, ExExp, and PFLog for examples. I only worked on the JS pieces for now, I can add capabilities for seperating HTML/CSS too. Checkout&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/waterfoul/Roll20-Pathfinder-Character-Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/waterfoul/Roll20-Pathfinder-Character-Sheet</a> if you want to take a look

Edited 1487522321
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yeah we have no repo, we were using forks of the official sheet repo but that got too difficult with all the extra sheets and every once in awhile i'd just scrap it and re-fork, probably due to me being not very familiar with git until i started this project, which i also did to get more javascript experience, since I had only a little jQuery before this.
I am concerned this new sheet wont work with current APIs that I have working in my campaign; creaturegen and tracker jacker to be specific. Is the new sheet mandatory to use, or will we be able to use the old one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can always use custom sheet to "freeze" a build you know works for your game(and API's). &nbsp;API scripts need to be updated as sheet's are updated. &nbsp;Sadly scripts and sheets are a voluntary effort and people move along. &nbsp;I believe both scripts you mention are not actively being supported, although creaturegen just had a change made for the latest API update from roll20. &nbsp;Have you tried the beta code on a test game yet? &nbsp;You can get the latest beta code&nbsp; here . &nbsp;We would be interested in any feedback you can provide in order to prevent pitfalls on the rollout of the next release.&nbsp;
Ill get on it right now for you
Well! Great news! The API bypasses the character sheet entirely. Both are working with no initial problems I can see. I will play around with it a little more and keep you guys informed. Excellent work!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Awesome. Thanks for the info Wyzad

Edited 1487743805
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I haven't used TrackerJacker, but the sheet has never been compatible with CreatureGen. I used CreatureGen extensively, and I could never, ever, click on the character sheet tab, or it would screw up everything and i'd have to re-run the import. The way it messes up with CreatureGen: a few items have the same attribute names as CreatureGen uses. If I clicked on the character sheet, it would reset the values to something else, this would break some attacks and initiative resulting in adding +0 Part of the reason I worked so hard on the monster compendium import was so i wouldn't need creaturegen anymore. (well we still don't have auto-created abilities/token macros , bu at least have menus) I wanted to try TrackerJacker but since Ken is not supporting his stuff and it's getting older and older I'm afraid to get dependent on it. but yeah, keeping a copy to freeze it, then maybe using a copy to upgrade and see how it works, is smart. In a few days a notice will go on the top of the page in the announcements advising GMs to backup their campaigns. I am all nervous after seeing the responses to the DnD 5 sheet :)

Edited 1487744180
well lets get that compendium up! anything I can to to help let me know... I did notice in the beta access there was no tab for compendium..? and don't worry about negative responses! it looks fabulous my friend!

Edited 1487744681
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium is above the chat area, there is an icon that is an i in a circle. It is provided by Roll20. (in your own game you have to turn it on by going to Game Settings there is a dropdown asking which compendium to use) Click that "i" and you see a search box, you can pull up various Pathfinder rules and monsters. If you search or browse for a monster, you can drag it over to a sheet.&nbsp; On a sheet go to "settings" (gear), click "is npc", a few lines down in the settings. Unclick the settings gear. &nbsp;Then the NPC tab will appear. Go there and at the top is a "statblock import" section. HOld click on the monster name in the right side of screen, drag the monster over to this (it will highlight in yellow) and let go. It will fill in the import area with the final/statblock values Click the "Parse" button and it will copy and reverse engineer these into attacks etc used by the sheet. this can take a few seconds for some tiny creature, or up to 30 seconds for a Pit Fiend (They and ancient dragons probably take the longest) Vince made a motion gif of it all that makes it more self-explanatory. I can't find it later i'd like to make a generic statblock import like CreatureGen. the compendium is fine for monsters actually in the compendium. but there are tons not in there.
I missed the compendium dropdown when copied the game for the new sheet. I have used the Compendium for mainly feats and spells but never monsters. How do I add to the compendium? Thats what I am truly interested in.
wow, nice add on for the compendium, I just need to add pics and I got a creature! well done!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wyzad said: I missed the compendium dropdown when copied the game for the new sheet. I have used the Compendium for mainly feats and spells but never monsters. How do I add to the compendium? Thats what I am truly interested in. The PF Compendium Redux seems to have stalled out, yet again. &nbsp;I have gotten tired of pursuing it any further. &nbsp;;-( &nbsp;Hopefully they will get around to opening it back up for some form of "accountable" user-based editing or find a way to automate an import of the vast amount of SRD that's still available.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
and for anyone that doesn't know yet...
Vince said: Wyzad said: I missed the compendium dropdown when copied the game for the new sheet. I have used the Compendium for mainly feats and spells but never monsters. How do I add to the compendium? Thats what I am truly interested in. The PF Compendium Redux seems to have stalled out, yet again. &nbsp;I have gotten tired of pursuing it any further. &nbsp;;-( &nbsp;Hopefully they will get around to opening it back up for some form of "accountable" user-based editing or find a way to automate an import of the vast amount of SRD that's still available. Thank you very much. You have been more than helpfull!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Old school baby! pen and (graph) paper
Brings back memories!
A few of my players have been using the sheet and so far they love it! We are looking forward to launch, nothing negative to report.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you for the update Wyzad. &nbsp;please let us know if you find any bugs. &nbsp;We're planning on releasing this next...
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have been betaing it on my group too, only found a few small things that we fixed.
Please share on those things. Id like to see how they work wit the scripts I have running.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It was just appearance no changes to fields or how they work. like equipment not appearing in the right tabs. I did find it was setting everyone to "auto calc hp" which messed up a few sheets. That no longer happens.