Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Traveller, is the core rule book enough?

Hey, guys, I'm getting into D&D.  Never played it before, gonna start.   D&D is easy to access because my brother already has the three books you need.   But what I'm really interested in is Traveller.  I'm thinking about buying the core rule book on amazon but I was wondering, do I need anything else?  Or is the core rule book enough to actually start learning and playing? All is much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.    

Edited 1487726929
Fabian D.
Sheet Author
Core rulebook is generally meant to be enough to get your feet wet. Would help if you told us which Traveller you're talking about, there's at least 20 out there.
Fabian D. said: Core rulebook is generally meant to be enough to get your feet wet. Would help if you told us which Traveller you're talking about, there's at least 20 out there. I had my eye on the fifth?  I'm not 100% sure on what that is or means but I suspect it's the most updated, latest version of the game?

Edited 1487730073
Fabian D.
Sheet Author
Well the "Traveller 5" book is generally accepted as being not so great. Look for reviews for a more educated opinion. There is the fairly recent Mongoose Traveller 2E - or "New Traveller" as they call it and then there are many older versions As far as roll20 is concerned, there are sheets for Mongoose Traveller 1E and 2E, as well as Classic Traveller. Generally the popular versions will have a roll20 implementation, since that's how new sheets crop up here.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here is a good place to discuss this topic: /r/rpg