Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP]Adventurer, Conqueror, King - Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday, twice a month (every other basically) - new DM

Edited 1489825691
Hey guys, I hope your day is going well.  I'm relatively new to DMing with Roll20.  I've been using it mostly as a player since November (despite the join date).  I would like to try and set up a game of Adventurer, Conqueror, King. I'm looking to do a 2 - 3 session twice a month, starting sometime the week of the 10th - 14th of April (so I can get prepared and get the rules down).  I'd like to have a simple group size of 3 - 5 players of any race and gender and me. Doable Days and Times - Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday, 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern (I live in New Jersey)   Preferred - Required Equipment -  We'll be using Roll20 for the actual gameplay, and Google hangouts for Voice/Audio.   Type of Adventure - I'm looking to do a balance of roleplaying and dungeoneering.  As I get more experience with the system, I'll lean towards one or the other. System Description ACKS is an OSR (Old School Revival) retroclone of DnD 2nd Edition, with its own tweaks and changes (Instead of THACO, its an Attack Throw value that depends on the armor of the target and your mods, AC starts at 0 and increases with armor).  I am new to the system, and my only  real interaction with the old school DnD was with the cRPG games of the 90s.  Its class based with levels 1 - 14, with a city building system that gets introduced when the PCs hit level 9 if they have the resources.  There are a number of supplements out for the game and I'll be allowing the classes from the Core/Player's Companion/Dwimmermount supplements.  Class creation is not allowed for now due to my limited experience with the system.  If you are curious about the system, its on sale on Drive Thru RPG for $7.00 (GM's day sale thingy) Who I am - I've been tabletop gamer for a few years, though most of it has been with Pathfinder and DnD.  I have on occasion tried out new systems (Eclipse Phase, Cypher System, Mindjammer) and have enjoyed them immensely.  Unfortunately, my normal group only likes to do DnD or Pathfinder so I'm looking to Roll20 for something different.  My first real experience with Roll20 was as a player for Cryptomancer back in November, and it's been all positive, so I want to take it to the next step start DMing.  I can't promise the world's best experience, but I can promise it wont be the worst.  So, if you are interested, leave a message below, and we'll start getting this thing put together.  Thank you and have a fantastic day. Group Summary DM - Me Player Person 1 - Sam G Player Person 2 - Silesian Player Person 3 - Player Person 4-
It's cool that you're running ACKS -- it's a really smart system that is great for new gamers, and has tons of innovations that old school gamers can appreciate. What are you brainstorming for the kind of setting you want to make/use?

Edited 1489493589
I'm gonna use Dwimmermount.  It's got a good setting set up and I can use the mega-dungeon or pieces of it.
I picked up just about all the ACKS books during the Bundle of Holding sale, but haven't had a chance to actually play or run it yet.. so I'm interested!
hey, i just stumbled on this post but if this is still a thing i would totally be up for joining you guys.
It hasn't started and I haven't heard anything else from the GM, so... yeah >_>
Hey, I didn't think people were still able to find this topic.  Sorry about the lack of communication on my part.  I'm gonna cancel it.  My work schedule became erratic back in April and now its become damn near impossible for me to keep a consistent day (My Cryptomancer game has suffered greatly :( )