Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Questions] Roll20 Roundtable Hour #1 - Q1 2017

Edited 1490322903
1. So given that you guys are in some form or another have a partnership with Wizards of the Coast with Dungeons and Dragons 5e content, are there any plans or desires to be able to export/import character data to/from their new website&nbsp; <a href="https://www.dndbeyond.com/" rel="nofollow">https://www.dndbeyond.com/</a> that is currently in development?
Springroll said: Will we be seeing the 5e PHB, DMG as buying options in the Roll20 Store? And if so are you able to say if it's sooner rather than later? Will we be seeing the Pathfinder Core Rulebook/s as a buying option in the Roll20 Store, and are there plans to release Adventure Paths? Really glad that you are doing this! :) Really hoping for a timeframe for this. The SRD is very limited for my players.
1.) Is nesting the macro hotbar in layers something ya’ll would consider instead of the sidescrolling we have to do currently? Especially for room descriptors when there are so many I think this would be helpful. 2.) I like the special effects tool however it would be possible to give players access to this for when they do spells so that the DM doesn’t have to do it. Maybe have a toggle on and off for players at the least for those that wish to have full control still can?
Pexx said: 1.) Is nesting the macro hotbar in layers something ya’ll would consider instead of the sidescrolling we have to do currently? Especially for room descriptors when there are so many I think this would be helpful. 2.) I like the special effects tool however it would be possible to give players access to this for when they do spells so that the DM doesn’t have to do it. Maybe have a toggle on and off for players at the least for those that wish to have full control still can? +1 to both of these.
John B
Pro
Sheet Author
Can the development team be mindful that one of the pro account features is trying out the new goodies. &nbsp;And so can that be highlighted more to the pro what is available for testing and having some new type of stuff for us to test out that a pro would see even real expiremental pie in the sky tests I think would be cool. &nbsp;Realize that likely reduces stability but it is a selling feature. Also wondering if the development could put more responses in feature requests maybe like level of complexity or challenge, requirement not completely clear, under consideration and experimentation. &nbsp;Something that statuses and can rank it from how doable and acceptable is the suggestions. &nbsp;I believe if the community saw that one thing was going to kill all your time to knock out and another was less voted but could be knocked out faster that the community may vote slightly differently or comment on requested features differently. Thanks. &nbsp;Really like that this response has been put in place by Roll20 and am happy with the platform. &nbsp;I know a few GMs come in with a group that they new and are now playing on this platform but for me it is finding players to play my games because in person is just to challenging to achieve for me now. &nbsp;So really love platform and that I can get players from around the world that I would have otherwise never played with. &nbsp;Thanks. &nbsp;
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
keithcurtis said: 1. Would you please go through the top 5 suggestions in the Suggestion Forum and briefly discuss the reasons they have not, should not, or cannot be implemented? +1 Will we ever get Map Folders?&nbsp;

Edited 1490503827
#1 Will you add a method to delete entire folders in the Journal along with everything in them? #2 Will you add the tablet/phone feature? &nbsp;Its advertised as a perk but doesn't function at all. &nbsp;It just allows you to view the game in a horrible half well you know function. &nbsp;At the very very least we should be able to pull up journals with some form of efficiency to read materials on the go.
Are there any plans to provide more features to Pro users, or in general? I understand these things take time and work, but $10 is a lot of money each month for people with limited financial resources. Roll20's competition has the same features (or even more) for the same cost, or even less. Some transparency in how Roll20 plans to keep up would help.
1. What plans do you have for bringing more modules\addons on the market? (The rest is not a question but clarification) I completely understand how hard it can be to check all assets for copyright and control quality but current rate of releasing pre-made content is very poor (in my opinion of course). And I don't even mean official WotC modules. I suspect you might be underestimating community in this regard. I even suspect that there will be enough people who will willingly and freely give campaigns they created for Roll20 to sell and keep all the profit (and share with WotC probably) just for a chance of other people to experiencing them. Roll20 can make enough to justify quality control and review. WotC can make enough to not threaten DMCA. And creative users can be happy for sharing something they created and getting credit for it (Patreon and other donation options might still apply). As it is we desperately need more adventures(especially one-shots). DMs spend most of the time preparing and any way of easing this load should vastly lower dedication barer for new DMs and expand the community.
Khrain said: 1) Is anything going to be done about the suggestion graveyard? &nbsp;Currently it feels like it is actively ignored in favor of whatever the devs decide they would rather be doing. +1
Stephen L. said: 2. Any plans in the future to extend dynamic lighting for things such as dimly lighting areas players have already seen or dynamic lighting walls that only block line-of-sight from one side? +1
As it is we desperately need more adventures(especially one-shots). DMs spend most of the time preparing and any way of easing this load should vastly lower dedication barer for new DMs and expand the community. +1. Also, mostly in WotC's hands, and maybe Kobolds (for Tome of Beasts and their large trove of adventures, as well). There's copyright on them thar monsters and maps and written content. I know OP is aware of this. So, yes, it'd be interesting to know whether roll20 has the clout to broker a deal on behalf of the community and make it possible for roll20 to act as a conduit for releasing adventures on marketplace with WotC / Kobolds copyrighted material in them.
Thanks for all of your questions! This weeks roundtable is closed - join us tomorrow at 11amPT for the live stream! We will answer the top questions live and share the answers to all of the questions a few days after the stream! See you on&nbsp; Twitch .