Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Old] Tales of the Yawning Portal Official Bug Report Thread

Gid
Roll20 Team
Jasmine L. said: I got the character sheet erasure bug too. I think I need a rollback for my game Adventurers League with Jasmine. Also I noticed that a bunch of monsters seem to be outside their folders. I added all seven add-ons and there were just all these character sheets loose at the bottom. I think they're from Dead in Thay. My apologies for the inconvenience, Jasmine. Can you tell me when today you included the addons into your game? Was it shortly after release or recently (within the past couple hours)? We're doing some tests on our own side to see if Dead in Thay is consistently the addon that's causing GMs grief with the entries being yanked out to root. Also, once we're certain that we know rollbacks will perform correctly to remove the addons, we'll start helping out users get their games rolled back.

Edited 1490389935
Testing this again (after deleting last nights disaster)  For those who may be late to the party, here is what i had - All of the first 6 modules were filled with completely blank handouts when you clicked on them, although the folder structure seems intact.  then there is a giant list of monsters and npc (and handouts) in an alphabetical list for no apparent reason.  all of them are the same though - a blank lvl 1 barbarian character sheet with 10 for stats and nothing else filled out.  Now lets try to be super careful, post-patch, and start over. Methodology: - Click Start New Game    - Give it a name    - Choose 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 for character sheet    - Click " Im ready, create game!"   - Find my game, click Settings to get drop down list, pick Game Settings item from that list.  - *being terrified, I will not touch anything other than Add-Ons for now* - Click on Game Add-Ons - Select Sunless Citadel, click add    - get success message - Not trusting this, go to bottom of page and hit SAVE to save these settings before doing anything else! - Select Game Add-Ons, and one at a time, add the others, *being sure to click SAVE at bottom of page after each individually* - I will come back to this and change other game settings i want change, but only after verifying this worked.   - I click on my Game, and Join It So far so good!  All modules have all handouts filled with text this time!  Theres still a giant pile of ... stuff... just hanging at the end in no folder, just alphabetical, but thats not so bad - at least the Elder Black Pudding has a char sheet and is no longer a blank lvl 1 barbarian heh.  Ok now to press my luck and return to Game Settings page for this Campaign - Allow players to import characters to Yes - Add Character Name to Templates -> On - Encumbrance Off - Ammo Tracking On And everything seems fine!  Well, the install - I tested for under 5 minutes and found a bug already.   A Conjurer Dagger is properly set up (attack box checked, stats entered) - it has a macro for its attack and roll. A Barghest Bite was set up wrong (attack box off, just a text dump in the box).  It just lists its attack stats, but doesnt roll any dice. Someone is going to have to go through a couple hundred monsters and NPCs and check them all .   I love you roll20 but this is pure baloney.
Kristin C. said: N. Phillip Cole said: One very very very minor thing - not even a bug, more of a personal annoyance: In each map I've checked, all the monster tokens are already on the token layer. It would be nice if they all defaulted to the GM layer initially instead. Some of us have, ah, "move-happy" players who might get to see things ahead by moving their pieces around. Leaving monster tokens on the GM layer allows us to move them over as needed. For this situation, when you're on the Token Layer of any Page, click Ctrl+A to select every single token on the Token and Object Layer. Then right click on the selection to bring up the Right Click Options Menu and go to Layers -> GM Layer and this will move every single token to the GM layer in one go. For an even faster method, you can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + K to move all tokens you selected with Ctrl+A to the GM Layer. Oh hey, that's awesome. Thanks!
Gid
Roll20 Team
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: A Conjurer Dagger is properly set up (attack box checked, stats entered) - it has a macro for its attack and roll. A Barghest Bite was set up wrong (attack box off, just a text dump in the box).  It just lists its attack stats, but doesnt roll any dice. Someone is going to have to go through a couple hundred monsters and NPCs and check them all .   I love you roll20 but this is pure baloney. Doing a drag and drop from the Compendium on a brand new game, it looks like that attack entry for Barghest has always been bugged, it's just never been noticed before since it was released as part of Volo's Guide to Monsters. I'll make a note of that issue to fix in the Compendium and in also in this product.
Kristin C. said: Jasmine L. said: I got the character sheet erasure bug too. I think I need a rollback for my game Adventurers League with Jasmine. Also I noticed that a bunch of monsters seem to be outside their folders. I added all seven add-ons and there were just all these character sheets loose at the bottom. I think they're from Dead in Thay. My apologies for the inconvenience, Jasmine. Can you tell me when today you included the addons into your game? Was it shortly after release or recently (within the past couple hours)? We're doing some tests on our own side to see if Dead in Thay is consistently the addon that's causing GMs grief with the entries being yanked out to root. Also, once we're certain that we know rollbacks will perform correctly to remove the addons, we'll start helping out users get their games rolled back. I added it to the first game shortly after it unlocked—within the first half hour or so, I think. I noticed the "yanked out to root" problem in a second game where I added them this morning.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Jasmine L. said: Kristin C. said: Jasmine L. said: I got the character sheet erasure bug too. I think I need a rollback for my game Adventurers League with Jasmine. Also I noticed that a bunch of monsters seem to be outside their folders. I added all seven add-ons and there were just all these character sheets loose at the bottom. I think they're from Dead in Thay. My apologies for the inconvenience, Jasmine. Can you tell me when today you included the addons into your game? Was it shortly after release or recently (within the past couple hours)? We're doing some tests on our own side to see if Dead in Thay is consistently the addon that's causing GMs grief with the entries being yanked out to root. Also, once we're certain that we know rollbacks will perform correctly to remove the addons, we'll start helping out users get their games rolled back. I added it to the first game shortly after it unlocked—within the first half hour or so, I think. I noticed the "yanked out to root" problem in a second game where I added them this morning. We pushed a patch fix in the wee hours of this morning to fix the sheet wiping issue. Any games made right at launch got hit with that issue, but anything after that patch fix shouldn't be seeing that issue anymore. We're actively looking at what's causing the folder break out issue right now.

Edited 1490392785
Kristin C. said: Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: A Conjurer Dagger is properly set up (attack box checked, stats entered) - it has a macro for its attack and roll. A Barghest Bite was set up wrong (attack box off, just a text dump in the box).  It just lists its attack stats, but doesnt roll any dice. Someone is going to have to go through a couple hundred monsters and NPCs and check them all .   I love you roll20 but this is pure baloney. Doing a drag and drop from the Compendium on a brand new game, it looks like that attack entry for Barghest has always been bugged, it's just never been noticed before since it was released as part of Volo's Guide to Monsters. I'll make a note of that issue to fix in the Compendium and in also in this product. It seems I owe a big apology - youre 100 percent correct, it is broken in the Compendium.   I just went through 194 entries that I have in a huge list under handouts (Ashdra - Zombie).  Guess how many had errors?  JUST BARGHEST!!!  what are the odds that was the one i picked at random to test??  ( well 1 in 194 but ya, slim) I still do not understand why some monsters, such as the gynosphynx from White Plume Mtn, are neatly organized in an NPC folder, and *not* in that massive 194 handout list, and other monsters are in both a module folder and in this list from hell. But yes, it appears only the Barghest out of the 194 i check was broken, and thats because it was broken in the Compendium.
Gid
Roll20 Team
It's a relief to know that's the only one. Thank you for taking a peek at those as a sanity check, Bad DM [Matthew P.]. As for the dubbed "List From Hell", that's what we're looking into right now. It's likely smacking into one of our security measure to prevent handout folders from being overwritten. We have several fail safes in place to prevent your journal entries from getting lost due to folder renaming and/or shuffling and filing.
I was super salty when the first monster i tried didnt work.  Anger turned into a mania, and i decided to check all 194 myself!   As I got into the Cs then Ds, and all looked great... i began to feel like a heel.  By the end, realizing i had picked the one out of 194 that was broken, and confirming it was broken in the Compendium so not the Yawning Portal writers fault... well I felt pretty low. Please accept my apologies.  I stayed up late last night for the launch and went to bed upset and disappointed at 4am from the blank pages bug.  Then after thats fixed, first monster i try is broken.  Can I declare temporary insanity or do i get hit with Vicious Mockery daily for a month :D

Edited 1490397527
Query - All of the Traps are listed in the modules (at least, the first one). But, is there a trap API that has been coded to work within the module, or is it all just DM roleplay?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
John N. said: Avacyn said: John N. said: Can you roll back my game please. My game is called 5th Edition. I have attempted to roll back your back to 3/21 - if this does not help, let us know and we will have a Dev take a look. It seems the roll back didn't bring back my information in my game. If you could have a Dev look it would be much appreciated. Hi John, Your 5E game is very very large and created a problem we've never seen before. Our process was timing out trying to rollback your game. We've done it manually and everything should be restored. Please let us know if you're still having any issues.
Steve K. said: John N. said: Avacyn said: John N. said: Can you roll back my game please. My game is called 5th Edition. I have attempted to roll back your back to 3/21 - if this does not help, let us know and we will have a Dev take a look. It seems the roll back didn't bring back my information in my game. If you could have a Dev look it would be much appreciated. Hi John, Your 5E game is very very large and created a problem we've never seen before. Our process was timing out trying to rollback your game. We've done it manually and everything should be restored. Please let us know if you're still having any issues. Thank you so much for the help. Sorry for the extra work I made for you but I really do appreciate it.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jasmine L. said: I got the character sheet erasure bug too. I think I need a rollback for my game Adventurers League with Jasmine. Also I noticed that a bunch of monsters seem to be outside their folders. I added all seven add-ons and there were just all these character sheets loose at the bottom. I think they're from Dead in Thay. We've rolled back your game to this morning the 24th. Let us know if you're still having any issues.
In Forge of Fury, on the "Mountain Door" map, all of the secret doors are put on the token layer!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Blayne S. said: I have just uploaded all the Addons to a newly created game, and everything looks perfect. Only problem now is that I can't transfer my character sheets from the old one to the new one because they were deleted as previosuly stated.  As a Pro user you have the ability to roll your game back from the Game Details page under the Settings drop down "Roll Back Game". Or, if you'd like us to roll it back for you just let us know the name of the game you want rolled back.
I am failing to notice a page where the info about the add-ons is located. How do I check the contents of a purchased add-on without adding it into a game, just like volo's or monster manual has their own compendium entries.

Edited 1490402517
Not sure if theres still time for it, but Id recommend an 8th add-on, one with all of the duplicated, non-adventure related material this is currently duplicated in every add-on.  Ie Not only is the duplication annoying, but this material scope-wise isnt a sub folder of the adventures.  Its book-level scope, and from that vantage point, all of the adventures could/should be sub folder of it!  But that would also be confusing.  Anyways I think an 8th Add-On called Introduction and Credits, or Tales of the Yawning Portal Overview, should be created and the 7-times duplicated content removed from the 7 module add-ons.  If there is to be a patch.
I installed Forge of Fury soon after it released yesterday and just noticed it's wiped all my character's sheets. Can i get a rollback please. My game is here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1977701/b" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1977701/b</a>...

Edited 1490408524
Should the Doomvault map have tokens already placed in the map?&nbsp; If there are monsters / npc's that are supposed to be in these rooms, I would have expected them to be in the map as tokens.
I actually see that I am experiencing the same bug that others who have added all of the add-on campaigns to one game have experienced.&nbsp; All of the NPC and much of the adventure material does not reside in the outline structure.&nbsp; When creating a game with only Dead in Thay as the add-on, it works (and I see the tokens on each individual section map).&nbsp; For those that bought this as a 'bundle', it would have been nice to give a narrative view of the content, as with the hard cover book -- I know that is why I am jumping through the hoops of creating a game and adding all to one game -- a bit unwieldy for someone to see what they bought.&nbsp; :)
Masaioh said: In Forge of Fury, on the "Mountain Door" map, all of the secret doors are put on the token layer! Confirmed for me as well
Eric B. said: Should the Doomvault map have tokens already placed in the map?&nbsp; If there are monsters / npc's that are supposed to be in these rooms, I would have expected them to be in the map as tokens. Confirmed for me as well, no tokens on map
Jase T. said: I installed Forge of Fury soon after it released yesterday and just noticed it's wiped all my character's sheets. Can i get a rollback please. My game is here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1977701/b" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1977701/b</a>... Your game has been rolled back to 3/23 please let us know if you have additional issues.&nbsp;
Eric B. said: Should the Doomvault map have tokens already placed in the map?&nbsp; If there are monsters / npc's that are supposed to be in these rooms, I would have expected them to be in the map as tokens. The full Doomvault map does not have any tokens placed on it, as this map is for reference only. Each area of the Doomvault has its own map, with NPC tokens placed to represent the encounters in that area.
Hi I have been reading through the adventures and found a few things missing or out of place: Forges of Fury/The Foundry/Room 45 The six skeletons that are supposed to be here are copys of Snurrevin from room 37. Forges of Fury/The Foundry/Room 47 The Giant Rug of Smothering is not in the GM layer. The Hidden Shrine of Tamaochan/Lower Chambers & First Tier/Room 18 The fifteen zombies are not in the GM layer. The Hidden Shrine of Tamaochan/Lower Chambers & First Tier/Room 22 As indicated on Handout: Area 22 Oxomoco should be laying on the left side of the room. The Hidden Shrine of Tamaochan/Lower Chambers & First Tier/Room 24 The round trap markers are not very useful to indicate the doors in this particular trap. I recommend using the dotted red lines.
Hello, Running a ToH adventure for my friends, noticed that some monsters do not have an attack. For example, the Giant Skeleton only has a description and stats, but doesn't state what its types of attacks it has or what it attacks with. Along with the Greater Zombie, Siren, and many others. Is there a &nbsp;way to fill these in?

Edited 1490467888
So since these are addons I decided to add them to SKT, due to the strange lagging that's going on I decided to remove one of the modules to see how it would work. &nbsp;Since I only added two at this time. Removing them does NOTHING. &nbsp;It just leaves everything in there. &nbsp;It literally does nothing but removes it from the add on list for installed games. Please fix this as of right now I'm going through deleting the items one by one by one. &nbsp;There has to be a better way than this. &nbsp;This is crazy. &nbsp;I thought deleting the folder would solve the issue but it just dumps everything into the root...why isn't there an option for total deletion. &nbsp;Craziness. Even worse is I have no idea which maps went with the Forge of Fury. &nbsp;So now I'm trying to figure out what to delete cause no doubt when I go to install it later it'll just give me doubles.
Cormeg said: Hi I have been reading through the adventures and found a few things missing or out of place: Forges of Fury/The Foundry/Room 45 The six skeletons that are supposed to be here are copys of Snurrevin from room 37. Forges of Fury/The Foundry/Room 47 The Giant Rug of Smothering is not in the GM layer. The Hidden Shrine of Tamaochan/Lower Chambers & First Tier/Room 18 The fifteen zombies are not in the GM layer. The Hidden Shrine of Tamaochan/Lower Chambers & First Tier/Room 22 As indicated on Handout: Area 22 Oxomoco should be laying on the left side of the room. The Hidden Shrine of Tamaochan/Lower Chambers & First Tier/Room 24 The round trap markers are not very useful to indicate the doors in this particular trap. I recommend using the dotted red lines. I can confirm this has happened for my game as well.
Suzanne W. said: Eric B. said: Should the Doomvault map have tokens already placed in the map?&nbsp; If there are monsters / npc's that are supposed to be in these rooms, I would have expected them to be in the map as tokens. The full Doomvault map does not have any tokens placed on it, as this map is for reference only. Each area of the Doomvault has its own map, with NPC tokens placed to represent the encounters in that area. Thank you super fast reply!
I noticed that some of the GM notes for rooms don't have the proper stylization that the book has. For example, the Sunless Citadel's 37th room (Trophy room) should read "... Creature. Calcyrx, the white dragon wyrmling..." white dragon wyrmling should be in bold to catch the attention of the reader.

Edited 1490500794
Soul said: I noticed that some of the GM notes for rooms don't have the proper stylization that the book has. For example, the Sunless Citadel's 37th room (Trophy room) should read "... Creature. Calcyrx, the white dragon wyrmling..." white dragon wyrmling should be in bold to catch the attention of the reader. Disagree this is a bug as Calcyrx is in bold and underlined, and the link works and correctly take you to the correct white dragon wyrmling char sheet. &nbsp;In all 41 rooms there is no example of what you seek, bold but unlinked text, except once to warn the GM the Named creature is a wounded and damaged variant troll. &nbsp;
Not really bug, just a minor setup oddity: the first map (the staircases down to the fortress) of Sunless Citadel has an errant Commoner token when first added to a game.
This may not be a bug per se, but something overlooked: none of the creatures or monsters that I've checked have programmed character sheets or stat blocks. This makes them far less convenient to use than anything in Storm King's Thunder, for example. Is there a chance that the creatures in these add ons will be reprogrammed to match the mechanics of SKT?
Not a bug, just really crappy design... White plume mountain shows the traps to the players as they are PART OF THE MAP. Really dumb and defeats the entire purpose of having dynamic lighting on because now I HAVE TO use fog of war. I really expected more.

Edited 1490582171
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: Masaioh said: In Forge of Fury, on the "Mountain Door" map, all of the secret doors are put on the token layer! Confirmed for me as well Just added FoF to a new game and secret doors still showing. I know we can move these to the GM layer, however it's the 2nd adventure in the set, I can see this would have potentially affected games this past weekend. Also, there is no Dynamic lightning blocks on these Secret doors, so it's really obvious that there are passageways here.
Lev T. said: This may not be a bug per se, but something overlooked: none of the creatures or monsters that I've checked have programmed character sheets or stat blocks. This makes them far less convenient to use than anything in Storm King's Thunder, for example. Is there a chance that the creatures in these add ons will be reprogrammed to match the mechanics of SKT? This was true at initial launch but they fixed it, working fine for me for all 7 adventures. &nbsp;perhaps try starting over?
Hi,&nbsp; I need a roll back of my Game Storm King. &nbsp;
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Ian F. said: Hi,&nbsp; I need a roll back of my Game Storm King. &nbsp; As a Pro user you have the ability to roll your game back from the Game Details page under the Settings drop down "Roll Back Game". Or, if you'd like a Dev to roll it back for you just let us know the name of the game you want rolled back.
The area number "3" is missing from the fortress (bottom) map
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The issue where addons are sometimes dumping their items to the root level, especially when adding multiple addons to a pre-existing game should be fixed. Let us know if you're still experiencing issues.
Odd issue, when I imported white plume mountain into my game, 'base campaign' it killed the custom card decks I had created for critical hits/failures
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: Lev T. said: This may not be a bug per se, but something overlooked: none of the creatures or monsters that I've checked have programmed character sheets or stat blocks. This makes them far less convenient to use than anything in Storm King's Thunder, for example. Is there a chance that the creatures in these add ons will be reprogrammed to match the mechanics of SKT? This was true at initial launch but they fixed it, working fine for me for all 7 adventures. &nbsp;perhaps try starting over? You're right! Thanks, Matthew. :-)

Edited 1490648320
Steve K. said: The issue where addons are sometimes dumping their items to the root level, especially when adding multiple addons to a pre-existing game should be fixed. Let us know if you're still experiencing issues. Success! &nbsp;Pretty impressive for just 3 days since launch to have this much progress. &nbsp;(altho also why we never made major system changes on a friday just before everyone left for the weekend hehe) So SKT had the cool ability to automatically update itself when bugs were found, it is an awesome product. &nbsp; Do Add-Ons also have that capability, as bugs are fixed?
Silvyre said: Ian F. said: Hi,&nbsp; I need a roll back of my Game Storm King. &nbsp; As a Pro user you have the ability to roll your game back from the Game Details page under the Settings drop down "Roll Back Game". Or, if you'd like a Dev to roll it back for you just let us know the name of the game you want rolled back. It worked! thanks for the tip :) Is it safe to add modules from Tales of the Yawning Portal? Or does it stil wipe txt from existing handouts? &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: Steve K. said: The issue where addons are sometimes dumping their items to the root level, especially when adding multiple addons to a pre-existing game should be fixed. Let us know if you're still experiencing issues. Success! &nbsp;Pretty impressive for just 3 days since launch to have this much progress. &nbsp;(altho also why we never made major system changes on a friday just before everyone left for the weekend hehe) So SKT had the cool ability to automatically update itself when bugs were found, it is an awesome product. &nbsp; Do Add-Ons also have that capability, as bugs are fixed? Yes. The Addons will be able to be patched like modules as we roll out fixes to specific content.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ian F. said: Silvyre said: Ian F. said: Hi,&nbsp; I need a roll back of my Game Storm King. &nbsp; As a Pro user you have the ability to roll your game back from the Game Details page under the Settings drop down "Roll Back Game". Or, if you'd like a Dev to roll it back for you just let us know the name of the game you want rolled back. It worked! thanks for the tip :) Is it safe to add modules from Tales of the Yawning Portal? Or does it stil wipe txt from existing handouts?&nbsp; All known issues with importing Addons should be fixed. Let us know if you encounter any problems.

Edited 1490657306
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
David C. said: Odd issue, when I imported white plume mountain into my game, 'base campaign' it killed the custom card decks I had created for critical hits/failures Was this deck created from the basic 52 playing card deck or one you made from scratch? And we're talking card decks and not rollable tables?
I noticed the traps on the map in White Plume Mountain are not hidden from the players
Hi me again I have reed through most of the “book” by now, with only half of Against the Giants and Death in Thay to go. So here is my second list of oddity's and missing things: The Hidden Shrine of Tamaochan/Lower Chambers & First Tier/Room 30 The Were Jaguar should be on the GM layer. The text indicates that it hides as a statue before it attacks. Having it on the Token layer ruins the surprise. The Hidden Shrine of Tamaochan/Third Tier/Room 48 Not sure why, but on the map the southern well appears to contain water, while the text claims that it should be dried out. I mean even if the well should be empty after the encounter with the water weird it would tell players that something is not right. Against the Giants/Glacial Rift of the Frost Giants/Upper Level/Room 13 The weapon frost brand is not properly linked to the item sheet. Against the Giants/Glacial Rift of the Frost Giants/Lower Level/Room 2 Two young white dragon tokens are missing from either the token or GM layer. (As the text states that they could be hiding.) Against the Giants/Glacial Rift of the Frost Giants/Lower Level/Room 5 The Frost Giant guarding this Room is missing. If this is the wrong thread for this kind of feedback, please re-direct me.