Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Old] Tales of the Yawning Portal Official Bug Report Thread

Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Steve K. said: David C. said: Odd issue, when I imported white plume mountain into my game, 'base campaign' it killed the custom card decks I had created for critical hits/failures Was this deck created from the basic 52 playing card deck or one you made from scratch? And we're talking card decks and not rollable tables? David C, I found the problem. Thank you for pointing me at it. This issue has been patched and shouldn't happen again. Please let me know if you'd like me to roll back your game. As a pro user you can also do this yourself from the game details page, under the settings dropdown.
Steve K. said: David C. said: Odd issue, when I imported white plume mountain into my game, 'base campaign' it killed the custom card decks I had created for critical hits/failures Was this deck created from the basic 52 playing card deck or one you made from scratch? And we're talking card decks and not rollable tables? One that was made from scratch, and not a rollable table, that item is fine.

Edited 1490825660
Edited: figured it out on my own, was user error, not a bug!
I am having trouble findind the maps to place on the main screen portion for players... I may be dumb but can anyone point me in the right direction?

Edited 1490755566
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Joshua H. said: I am having trouble findind the maps to place on the main screen portion for players... I may be dumb but can anyone point me in the right direction? Tales from the yawning portal is a bundle of add-ons that can be added to any campaign via the game settings page. You can add each of the modules to your existing game via the Game Addons: This includes the Characters, Handouts, and Pages. They will be in your game as if you had created them, or dragged them in from the compendium. It does not extend the compendium with them or add them to your graphics Library. If you only want to pull elements of one of them into your game, you would just need to add the module, then remove the parts you aren't going to use. For more details you can also check out the Announcement Post from the forums here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4814170/tales-from-the-yawning-portal-is-available-now" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4814170/tales-from-the-yawning-portal-is-available-now</a> Hope that helps!

Edited 1490755538
Hey guys, Quick one here. The Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan, in the "Temple" handout under The Adventure. Under Point 54 it links "Handout: Area 54". Clicking this link actually opens "Handout: Area 1" for me. If someone could confirm that'd be cool as I haven't had a chance to double check in another game. Edit: also typo a few lines under that. "by hurting a weighty object at it" should say hurling not hurting. tyty
Joshua H. said: I am having trouble findind the maps to place on the main screen portion for players... I may be dumb but can anyone point me in the right direction? I was confused by this, too, did a Google search, and found that the maps are already available under the "Page Toolbar."
Gid
Roll20 Team
Chris K. said: Hi, just loaded the Sunless Citadel, and the first map is not showing up at all for my players. I had not enabled fog of war before loading in the Sunless Citadel contents. While I (the DM) can see the map, and which areas I've revealed, all my players see is a black screen. &nbsp;This is not a problem for the hand-drawn map I made for the twig blight encounter. Edit: "black" screen, not "blank" Tales of the Yawning Portal adventures are preset with Dynamic Lighting. Do your pages still have Dynamic Lighting enabled. If so, your players won't be able to see anything on the map unless their tokens have their light set up appropriately to allow them to reveal anything in the Dynamic Lighting.

Edited 1490844382
foxual said: Not a bug, just really crappy design... White plume mountain shows the traps to the players as they are PART OF THE MAP. Really dumb and defeats the entire purpose of having dynamic lighting on because now I HAVE TO use fog of war. I really expected more. Not sure about the second one but the first one on the bottom is visible.&nbsp; They can see water.&nbsp; It's definitely not invisible unless your NPCs have no light source or can't see.&nbsp; It isn't a trap its a condition.&nbsp; The pool appears to be a thin layer of water that meshes with the current height of the walkway.&nbsp; They don't realise until they step in it that it's actually a deep pool.&nbsp; It appears however to be a really thin layer.&nbsp; The artist who drew the map however really screwed the pooch on this one.&nbsp; You can clearly see it's fairly deep by the way the artist drew the map.&nbsp; It appears to be a minimum a 5-foot drop by the artists rendering of it.&nbsp; It was just bad interpretation by the artist, it should have been dirty water you couldn't see the bottom of. If the characters, for instance, put a stick into the water they would know.&nbsp; It's not a trap in a trap door sense.&nbsp; So why would it be hidden?&nbsp; I would assume that's the same issue with your other trap.&nbsp; I've been seeing Podcasts and Youtube videos miss using this.&nbsp; It's just deep water.&nbsp; It's not a traditional trap. The only way they can be fooled by this is if they just walked right into it.&nbsp; Without for instance place a tippy toe into it, or stabbing into it with a sword. It should be NIGH-IMPOSSIBLE for the characters to fall into this "trap" unless they've never played DND before.&nbsp; The actual difficulty is the fact that the gap is 10 feet wide and requires a jump or else you land in some very deep water. I mean imagine how stupid it would be to hide a lake.&nbsp; The DMs like roll perception.&nbsp; Oh, no, surprise LAKE.&nbsp; That's how uh....well that's how it is.&nbsp; If you as a DM tried to hide it or forced them into the very visible water without letting them say anything, you are a bad DM.&nbsp; If you want to hide this you have to hide every body of water in your universe.&nbsp; Every body of water is now a trap.

Edited 1490843744
BUG : Some of the spells are incorrect.&nbsp; Some how they are labeled for 3e usage.&nbsp; Not even sure how this slipped through for example.&nbsp; Some NPCs have Cure Light Wounds.&nbsp; There is no cure light wounds.&nbsp; So other sheets are having issues importing the spells because they are incorrect.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Volomon said: BUG : Some of the spells are incorrect.&nbsp; Some how they are labeled for 3e usage.&nbsp; Not even sure how this slipped through for example.&nbsp; Some NPCs have Cure Light Wounds.&nbsp; There is no cure light wounds.&nbsp; So other sheets are having issues importing the spells because they are incorrect. Volomon, can you give me an example of one of the NPCs with the odd spells?
Kristin C. said: Volomon said: BUG : Some of the spells are incorrect.&nbsp; Some how they are labeled for 3e usage.&nbsp; Not even sure how this slipped through for example.&nbsp; Some NPCs have Cure Light Wounds.&nbsp; There is no cure light wounds.&nbsp; So other sheets are having issues importing the spells because they are incorrect. Volomon, can you give me an example of one of the NPCs with the odd spells? I've seen this as well, though in only one NPC so far (I have checked only the first 3 adventures): Erky Timbers, the acolyte from Sunless Citadel. Thought it was pretty funny he had Cure Light Wounds as a spell.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Must have been a data entry issue. I'll make a note for Timbers. If you see any other NPCs with similar issues, please let us know!
White Plume Mountain. In the handout "Locations in the Dungeon", point 17 'The Boiling Bubble' has a sentence with a closing bracket but no opening bracket. "The protective skin is soft, resilient, and uncomfortably warm to the touch. Under any pressure it immediately becomes taut, and any character unwise enough to puncture it with a piercing weapon will cause a stream of scalding water to rush into the corridor, hopefully burning the idiot who made the hole for 2 (1d4) fire damage)" That last bracket there at the end.
Hey!! I just bought the Sunless Citadel. I cant find the maps for areas. I see in handouts they have smalll pictures of the maps, but i cant use to place as maps on the screen( if i download them and then place them as maps, they are blurry due to the small size) I was under the impress that Maps came with the modules :(
JoshTheGM said: Hey!! I just bought the Sunless Citadel. I cant find the maps for areas. I see in handouts they have smalll pictures of the maps, but i cant use to place as maps on the screen( if i download them and then place them as maps, they are blurry due to the small size) I was under the impress that Maps came with the modules :( They're imported as pages, already setup with tokens etc, just look in the pages section at the top of the vtt
I have been looking forward to this expansion. I hated the work of having to photoshop all the trap details and secret doors out of the maps and assumed this would have been done for me. Im very disappointed as the maps are "as is". All traps are visible so effectivly pointless. All secret doors are hidden (player says "oh look, a secret door, ill search there").&nbsp; All the other features are fine but i just cannot use this at all. Is there anyway for a refund and ill just use my own book of the adventure when it arrives. Ill scan the maps and remove out att he things that shouldnt be seen. Very dissapointed having spent 49 dollars. If the maps had been done properly, i would have been more than happy.
Roy Random said: I have been looking forward to this expansion. I hated the work of having to photoshop all the trap details and secret doors out of the maps and assumed this would have been done for me. Im very disappointed as the maps are "as is". All traps are visible so effectivly pointless. All secret doors are hidden (player says "oh look, a secret door, ill search there").&nbsp; All the other features are fine but i just cannot use this at all. Is there anyway for a refund and ill just use my own book of the adventure when it arrives. Ill scan the maps and remove out att he things that shouldnt be seen. Very dissapointed having spent 49 dollars. If the maps had been done properly, i would have been more than happy. Maybe you should take another look at the maps. 95% of the Traps are hidden from the players by being placed in the GM layer. Like some others have stated in this thread, some traps are visible on the White Plume Mountain map but overall the traps are hidden.
Roy Random said: I have been looking forward to this expansion. I hated the work of having to photoshop all the trap details and secret doors out of the maps and assumed this would have been done for me. Im very disappointed as the maps are "as is". All traps are visible so effectivly pointless. All secret doors are hidden (player says "oh look, a secret door, ill search there").&nbsp; All the other features are fine but i just cannot use this at all. Is there anyway for a refund and ill just use my own book of the adventure when it arrives. Ill scan the maps and remove out att he things that shouldnt be seen. Very dissapointed having spent 49 dollars. If the maps had been done properly, i would have been more than happy. The maps do indeed have 95% of the traps/secret doors as only showing on the DM layer, very worth the money IMO
I have checked and indeed you are right. The secret door markers, Traps, and the like are actually separate icons on the d.m. layer. I retract my previous post and am very happy with the package. I would, with this information in mind, heartily recommend the package.&nbsp; Ill take more notice the next time. *shamed face*
Hi, I just bought The Sunless Citadel as a module apart of the Yawning Portal adventure, but in the web site is advertised that comes with Dynamic Lighting feature, but i couldn't find the option to turn on this feature. Do the separate purchased modules don't have this option? Or am I doing something wrong?
Diogo F. said: Hi, I just bought The Sunless Citadel as a module apart of the Yawning Portal adventure, but in the web site is advertised that comes with Dynamic Lighting feature, but i couldn't find the option to turn on this feature. Do the separate purchased modules don't have this option? Or am I doing something wrong? You have to be a Plus or Pro subscriber to have access to dynamic lighting.

Edited 1491253843
Anyone else having problems with there character sheets not being editable? Was doable yesterday but now couple of the player's cant edit there sheet even though they have the permission to
I'm missing the character sheet information in the new games I have created with the yawning portal. In my game "Storm King's Thunder/Work" I have imported the white plume mountain add-on and all the creatures have their sheets available. However I imported the same addon into my game "Temple" over the weekend and they have no character sheet option. I have an example down below: The kelpie is not a monster that is included in the storm king's thunder module so it can't be getting stats from there but it clearly has the character sheet option in the first screenshot and doesn't have it in the second one despite it being made AFTER I've imported into Storm King. Screenshot of Storm King's Thunder: Screenshot from my "Temple Campaign:

Edited 1491386698
Gray J. said: I'm missing the character sheet information in the new games I have created with the yawning portal. In my game "Storm King's Thunder/Work" I have imported the white plume mountain add-on and all the creatures have their sheets available. However I imported the same addon into my game "Temple" over the weekend and they have no character sheet option. I have an example down below: The kelpie is not a monster that is included in the storm king's thunder module so it can't be getting stats from there but it clearly has the character sheet option in the first screenshot and doesn't have it in the second one despite it being made AFTER I've imported into Storm King. Screenshot of Storm King's Thunder: Screenshot from my "Temple Campaign: Can you screen shot the game setup pages for both campaigns to verify both using the correct character sheet? = 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 ?
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: Gray J. said: I'm missing the character sheet information in the new games I have created with the yawning portal. In my game "Storm King's Thunder/Work" I have imported the white plume mountain add-on and all the creatures have their sheets available. However I imported the same addon into my game "Temple" over the weekend and they have no character sheet option. I have an example down below: The kelpie is not a monster that is included in the storm king's thunder module so it can't be getting stats from there but it clearly has the character sheet option in the first screenshot and doesn't have it in the second one despite it being made AFTER I've imported into Storm King. Screenshot of Storm King's Thunder: Screenshot from my "Temple Campaign: Can you screen shot the game setup pages for both campaigns to verify both using the correct character sheet? = 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 ? Ah that was the problem! Thanks so much!
I have made so many mistakes I am starting to be useful! "On the job training" LOL

Edited 1491577474
I found a bug, or at least it seems to be such on my end. I am running a Lost mine of Phandelver campaign and added the Sunless Citadel from the yawning portal. After adding it most NPC rolls are broken. They aren't whispered to the GM anymore, no matter which settings are choosen.&nbsp; Thread Those are the NPCs that are "broken" Bugbear Goblin Hobgoblin Skeleton Twig Blight
Hi all, The release of Tales from the Yawning Portal on Roll20 was the impetus for my becoming a Plus subscriber and buying the entire TftYP addon.&nbsp;I'd played around with Roll20 a bit over the years, having played in one session each of two different games, but last night was the first time I've used it to run a game. I ran Paizo's Shackled City adventure path using MapTool years ago, and that was a ton of work compared to what I was able to do with Roll20 last night for far less effort. There are still some rough areas, but overall, I'm pretty happy. The issues I ran into last night with Forge of Fury - The Mountain Door were: The Dynamic Lighting border should be removed from the west side of the initial path that leads to the first encounter. It's an open path along a mountainside, not an enclosed passageway. The secret doors leading from area 2 into areas 4 and 4A are placed unexpectedly on the Token layer and lacking Dynamic Lighting borders. (This was mentioned above.) I didn't have time to make a pass through the map before game night started, but I see that I need to reserve some time to do that in the future. I hope this feedback helps. Thanks!
I am having the same issue as Ronald K. (see above) The NPC, Swarm of Rats, from the Sunless Citadel module does not whisper rolls no matter if I switch the settings. I haven't tried the other NPCs yet, but suspect this may be the case for others as well. Thank you.

Edited 1491673948
so i purchased the yawning portal and went to read all the encounters for Sunless Citadel but there are none. Unless i am doing something wrong should it not say that in area 3 there is such in such. Somebody please help me.&nbsp;
Zachary M. said: so i purchased the yawning portal and went to read all the encounters for Sunless Citadel but there are none. Unless i am doing something wrong should it not say that in area 3 there is such in such. Somebody please help me.&nbsp; Sunless Citadel Folder -&gt; The Adventure folder -&gt; click on The Citadel or Grove handouts, its all in GM notes.
In White Plume Mountain can we get a decent players version of the map that doesn't have all the underwater traps visible? Room 10 in particular is completely ruined for the players. It's called the "Deceptively Deep Room" which happens to have the walkway solution is visible to all. I would like to be able to run without having to make my own map.
I purchased Forge of Fury today and while all the past and add-on content seem to be correct, the addition of the add-on caused all my Characters and Handouts to be merged together so now I have the Forge of Fury folder, all my characters and handouts, then my Character Archive folder and my Handout Archive Folder. I tried archiving characters and restoring them but they just move back into the combined group (there isn't a Character folder even being displayed). Is there a way to fix this? My campaign is called Tales of Elrond.&nbsp;
We started Sunless Citadel today and I wasn't able to load the map (everyone else was, so I don't think this was necessarily a bug with the package). However, instead of getting a black screen, the whole map loaded, along with ALL of the tokens, instead of a black map with vision blocking turned on. As you can see, I tried to fix it by opening an incognito chrome browser with NO extensions enabled to counter that being the issue, but it stayed like this every time.
In White Plume Mountain the Huge Giant Crab only has 13HP.&nbsp;

Edited 1491829664
Ed S. said: In White Plume Mountain can we get a decent players version of the map that doesn't have all the underwater traps visible? Room 10 in particular is completely ruined for the players. It's called the "Deceptively Deep Room" which happens to have the walkway solution is visible to all. I would like to be able to run without having to make my own map. p96, the party is moving at 1/3rd speed because they have to probe the floor, so the 1 foot deep parts would be obvious. How do you suggest altering the map to handle the 15 foot parts?&nbsp;
Ed S. said: In White Plume Mountain the Huge Giant Crab only has 13HP.&nbsp; Seems to be a bug, its linked to regular Giant Crab
Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: Ed S. said: In White Plume Mountain can we get a decent players version of the map that doesn't have all the underwater traps visible? Room 10 in particular is completely ruined for the players. It's called the "Deceptively Deep Room" which happens to have the walkway solution is visible to all. I would like to be able to run without having to make my own map. p96, the party is moving at 1/3rd speed because they have to probe the floor, so the 1 foot deep parts would be obvious. How do you suggest altering the map to handle the 15 foot parts?&nbsp; How would they see the hidden room under the water? It should be fixed.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Tadd M. said: I purchased Forge of Fury today and while all the past and add-on content seem to be correct, the addition of the add-on caused all my Characters and Handouts to be merged together so now I have the Forge of Fury folder, all my characters and handouts, then my Character Archive folder and my Handout Archive Folder. I tried archiving characters and restoring them but they just move back into the combined group (there isn't a Character folder even being displayed). Is there a way to fix this? My campaign is called Tales of Elrond.&nbsp; Tadd, by the looks of things, you rolled back your game to the 4/9/17 save state. Did this fix your jumbled up journal entries? We had a patch fix on launch of Tales that *should* have prevented any issues with journal entries being scrambled, but it sounds like there's something about your game that our fix isn't catching.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Zenith said: We started Sunless Citadel today and I wasn't able to load the map (everyone else was, so I don't think this was necessarily a bug with the package). However, instead of getting a black screen, the whole map loaded, along with ALL of the tokens, instead of a black map with vision blocking turned on. As you can see, I tried to fix it by opening an incognito chrome browser with NO extensions enabled to counter that being the issue, but it stayed like this every time. This looks to be an issue with your browser taking a very long time to display the Page. When a page with DL first loads in on your browser, the first thing that is placed down are the background and token layers. Then the DL is drawn over it to obscure your view. This should be happening in a matter of a miliseconds so that you never actually have the chance to see anything before the DL snaps into place. Does the DL ever render for you?
Kristin:&nbsp;Tadd, by the looks of things, you rolled back your game to the 4/9/17 save state. Did this fix your jumbled up journal entries? We had a patch fix on launch of Tales that *should* have prevented any issues with journal entries being scrambled, but it sounds like there's something about your game that our fix isn't catching. To Kristin: Thanks for the reply. I did try rolling back the game to before I purchased the add on content (everything looked as it supposed to) and then added The Forge of Fury content to my campaign and it merged everything as explained in my previous post. So nothing is fixed.&nbsp;
Gid
Roll20 Team
Tadd M. said: Kristin:&nbsp;Tadd, by the looks of things, you rolled back your game to the 4/9/17 save state. Did this fix your jumbled up journal entries? We had a patch fix on launch of Tales that *should* have prevented any issues with journal entries being scrambled, but it sounds like there's something about your game that our fix isn't catching. To Kristin: Thanks for the reply. I did try rolling back the game to before I purchased the add on content (everything looked as it supposed to) and then added The Forge of Fury content to my campaign and it merged everything as explained in my previous post. So nothing is fixed.&nbsp; I forwarded over your game to our devs to take a look at it directly to see why our patch fix isn't preventing this from happening.
Kristin C. said: Zenith said: We started Sunless Citadel today and I wasn't able to load the map (everyone else was, so I don't think this was necessarily a bug with the package). However, instead of getting a black screen, the whole map loaded, along with ALL of the tokens, instead of a black map with vision blocking turned on. As you can see, I tried to fix it by opening an incognito chrome browser with NO extensions enabled to counter that being the issue, but it stayed like this every time. This looks to be an issue with your browser taking a very long time to display the Page. When a page with DL first loads in on your browser, the first thing that is placed down are the background and token layers. Then the DL is drawn over it to obscure your view. This should be happening in a matter of a miliseconds so that you never actually have the chance to see anything before the DL snaps into place. Does the DL ever render for you? Nah, it doesn't after multiple refreshes or alternate browsers. However, other campaigns (not other maps on this campaign) seem to render fine, I've never seen anything like this happen anywhere else.

Edited 1491868599
Gid
Roll20 Team
Tadd M. said: Kristin:&nbsp;Tadd, by the looks of things, you rolled back your game to the 4/9/17 save state. Did this fix your jumbled up journal entries? We had a patch fix on launch of Tales that *should* have prevented any issues with journal entries being scrambled, but it sounds like there's something about your game that our fix isn't catching. To Kristin: Thanks for the reply. I did try rolling back the game to before I purchased the add on content (everything looked as it supposed to) and then added The Forge of Fury content to my campaign and it merged everything as explained in my previous post. So nothing is fixed.&nbsp; Okay! We figured out what happened. When you first create a game, the "Characters" and "Handouts" folder are automatically generated when you create handouts and characters. These folders are technically pseudo folders (they're not real) until you move the folders around or manually add one yourself. As soon as this happens, the folders manifest on the back end. This is why the Addon was breaking the game, because your default folders weren't actually real, so the game didn't know what to do with this content when true folders were added into the game. I popped in and added a brand new folder named "Test", this is enough to manifest your Characters and Handouts folders on our backend. You should be able to add the addon into your game now without any issue. What you may want to do before adding Forge of Fury is to retrieve and resort your Archived journal entries, as they won't have any information pointing to the right folders (since the folders didn't actually exist previously).
Kristin: Thanks for figuring this out and I appreciate the quick response. I will try what you suggested to see if it works.&nbsp;
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Reminder to keep things civil and be excellent to each other, thanks!

Edited 1491886912
OK, ill try again - add blue 5x5 squares to your White Plume Mountain map to prevent players from seeing stuff they shouldnt. Or a lovely selection of water tiles available in the Roll20 Marketplace!
Hi Notice an error for Dead in thay, In room 19 the text says "skeletal undead stand on a crude bridge of wooden planks, dumping food into the pigpen." and the Skeletons are not actually placed on the Wooden Bridges but to the side of the room.