Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GMRolls that are hidden even from the player that makes the roll.

Score + 333
Of all the VTTs out there I believe Roll20 is the only one NOT having this feature up until now... morenz said: Please, I NEED secret rolls! A player must not know what the result of finding traps/stealth/perception rolls is. MapTool has secret rolls! I'd go PRO immediately if secret rolls were implemented. +1 for me
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Only 3 more votes to 300! Lets go! 
+1 from me. 2 to go?

Edited 1698742122
+1 lets keep going
+1, make secret rolls happen. 
+1. This is not only a useful feature in general, it would also allow for substantial upgrades to character sheets for some games. As Roll20 faces competition from other sites and services, quality-of-life improvements such as these can go a long way toward maintaining customer loyalty.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
300 votes! Lets go! :D
+1 please do it
Pssssst Roll20 Team... 6 years, over 300 votes. The fact that this is the only VTT without this addition is... embarrassing.  Looking at Foundry as an alternative.  Andrew Searles said: Hey All, Just wanted to step in and say thank you all for the great feedback on this feature both in this thread and in other threads . The ability to keep rolls secret is something that can have a big impact on how the game is played. Personally, when I run games, I do something like this all the time. I love to see how the story unfolds when characters (and their players) don't always have exact information about the reality of the situation. Unfortunately, this isn't something that we are focused on at this time but that doesn't mean that we don't see your feedback! As we are redesigning the current VTT, we'll keep this in the back of our minds and see if there's an opportunity to slip this in where we can, BUT no promises! Either way, thank you again and keep it up. Your feedback helps make Roll20 better for everyone!  
+1 
+1
Where are we at with this feature? It doesn't seem that difficult to implement.  
Kenneth Sr said: Where are we at with this feature? It doesn't seem that difficult to implement.   Roll20 mentioned that this feature should be a core part of the new Pathfinder 2e character sheet 
Teller said: Kenneth Sr said: Where are we at with this feature? It doesn't seem that difficult to implement.   Roll20 mentioned that this feature should be a core part of the new Pathfinder 2e character sheet  Thanks for your information! (Unfortunately I don't play PF anymore)
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Teller said: Kenneth Sr said: Where are we at with this feature? It doesn't seem that difficult to implement.   Roll20 mentioned that this feature should be a core part of the new Pathfinder 2e character sheet  Do you have any source or link for that? I would love to read their original post on the subject! I am very excited if Roll20 is actually working on this feature!
It should be in here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11755102/community-preview-pathfinder-second-edition-remaster-by-roll20" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11755102/community-preview-pathfinder-second-edition-remaster-by-roll20</a> If not, than have a look at the official Pathfinder 2E Character Sheet Thread in the same subforum... Peter B. said: Teller said: Kenneth Sr said: Where are we at with this feature? It doesn't seem that difficult to implement.&nbsp;&nbsp; Roll20 mentioned that this feature should be a core part of the new Pathfinder 2e character sheet&nbsp; Do you have any source or link for that? I would love to read their original post on the subject! I am very excited if Roll20 is actually working on this feature!

Edited 1707482282
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
TheMarkus1204 said: It should be in here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11755102/community-preview-pathfinder-second-edition-remaster-by-roll20" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11755102/community-preview-pathfinder-second-edition-remaster-by-roll20</a> If not, than have a look at the official Pathfinder 2E Character Sheet Thread in the same subforum... Peter B. said: Do you have any source or link for that? I would love to read their original post on the subject! I am very excited if Roll20 is actually working on this feature! You are correct! It was in that thread. I checked out their new character sheet, which I must say looks VERY nice! In the setting for the sheet there were a toggle for secret rolls: I tried to make various rolls with Secret Rolls both turned On and Off, and sadly I could not see a difference. Maybe the toggle is ready, but the actual feature is not. Who knows. Either way it appears that Roll20 is actually working on this, and my guess is that it will come with the new character sheet infrastructure that they are working on. Last time Roll20 announce anything regarding their infrastructure they said that the "by Roll20" character sheets would start using it and show of all the new features. Once it has been well tested for their sheets then the infrastructure will be available to all. In summary: &nbsp;There is hope!
As Pro subscriber since 2013, I have seen some nice features added.&nbsp; What I find utterly perplexing is the lack of hidden rolls.&nbsp; This thread alone is 3 years old but I know GMs and players alike have been asking for it since I joined.&nbsp; While other VTTs have prioritized key functionality like this, Roll20 continues to miss the opportunity to remain at the top.&nbsp; I hope that mine becomes the last post before those using D&amp;D 5e sheets find the toggle option added.
Paul said: As Pro subscriber since 2013, I have seen some nice features added.&nbsp; What I find utterly perplexing is the lack of hidden rolls.&nbsp; This thread alone is 3 years old but I know GMs and players alike have been asking for it since I joined.&nbsp; While other VTTs have prioritized key functionality like this, Roll20 continues to miss the opportunity to remain at the top.&nbsp; I hope that mine becomes the last post before those using D&amp;D 5e sheets find the toggle option added. They already implemented this for the new Pathfinder 2 Sheet. I do hope that this becomes available for everyone via the Diceroller OR via Rollcommand...
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Paul said: As Pro subscriber since 2013, I have seen some nice features added.&nbsp; What I find utterly perplexing is the lack of hidden rolls.&nbsp; This thread alone is 3 years old but I know GMs and players alike have been asking for it since I joined.&nbsp; While other VTTs have prioritized key functionality like this, Roll20 continues to miss the opportunity to remain at the top.&nbsp; I hope that mine becomes the last post before those using D&amp;D 5e sheets find the toggle option added. It appears that this feature finally comes with the new sheet infrastructure. As said by TheMarkus1204 it is coming with the new Pathfinder sheet. Once that sheet it live and tested with all the users, I suspect the infrastructure will be made widely available.
I would very much like this, much like I can ask a player to roll in a cup and hand me the cup for me to see only.
Make it real, please. It would improve the game a lot.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Riki said: Make it real, please. It would improve the game a lot. I have been told directly by the Roll20 developers that secret rolls is coming with the new infrastructure Project BEACON . Every sheet in existence will need to be updated to the new infrastructure to allow this, but the point is: it is coming!