Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tomb of Annihilation Bug Reporting Thread

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Daniel - Thank you for finding that! The Staff of Striking should be very rare, and Staff of the Python is Uncommon. This will be fixed in the next patch :)
I cannot seem to "Add-On" Tomb of Annihilation to an existing DnD 5e OGL Character Sheet game.  I have purchased the Tomb and created a stand alone game but I don't see it in my list of modules I have purchased in the Add-On Drop down list box on my Games Details section.
Adalberto R. said: I cannot seem to "Add-On" Tomb of Annihilation to an existing DnD 5e OGL Character Sheet game.  I have purchased the Tomb and created a stand alone game but I don't see it in my list of modules I have purchased in the Add-On Drop down list box on my Games Details section. You can only use the module when you create a new game. It isn't an add-on. See where Curse of Strahd is on the right side of this screenshot? That's where modules appear.

Edited 1505418713
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Tomb of Annihilation is not an add on, you will need to create a new game, choose it from the list on the right hand side, and then choose the D&D 5e OGL sheet EDIT: Thanks Caelen! :)
Mel said: Mitchel - Is the game that isn't updating a copy? Copies of games currently do not flag for an update (It's on the list of known issues), so we do recommend that folks make a unique game for each instance of their modules. Apologies that I don't have an easier answer! Oh no! It was indeed a copy. Fortunately we hadn't done much! Thanks!
Mel,  Here's another for you.  In Places in Chult is an entry for Needle's Bones.   Under treasure subheading we have  "contains a wand of fear and" other riches. No link to wand of fear... probably because there's no handout for wand of fear under magic items!!
Found a new one, Fort Beluarian is set to "Scale: 1 unit = 5 ft." That should be 10ft so each grid space is the 5ft like the other 10ft maps. Cheers.
I noticed in update 1.1, the map of Chult and the player's map still show different distances when measuring.
First off, great stuff Roll20!  I thought SKT was well done... early looks at ToA shows you set the bar even higher! Not a bug, but a request -- in SKT most / all NPC info was placed in the "GM Notes" so if we wanted we could share the NPC sheets with the players, without spoiling all the info.  See Dragon Turtle as an example.  I would be great to have that info in the "GM" area, then I copy and paste into the "Player" area (Bio & Info) what I'm OK with the players to see (if I decide to share the sheet). My thanks for considering a comparison between SKT & ToA sheets!
it looks like the rotating map tokens on the rollable tables don't populate correctly. it rolls the same token every time. been trying to roll a different token for over an hour now and adjusting the weight doesn't help.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Brett - When we released Storm King's Thunder, we didn't have any of the Volo's or Monster Manual functionality; all of those monster blocks were put in by hand, and only have the SKT lore in their statblocks. Now that we have the Monster Manual, in module creation we can use the MM as the basis, and then we add in the relevant Module info under the DM Info to keep it separate.  I'm trying to think if there's a better way to do this while keeping them separated, as we do like having the specific Module flavor in a different text box. Does that explanation help with why it changed? :) Troy - Those tokens were set up so that DM would manually choose a side. I also don't seem to be able to "roll" the token, but it will change sides manually. I'll look into it!
Hi Mel! -- thanks for checking if I was clear on the explanation.  I was good up to "then we add in the relevant Module info under the DM Info to keep it separate".  I don't see anything under the "DM Info" (aka "GM Notes"?) for Dragon Turtle -- it's all in the Bio & Info area, that's visible to the players if I share that Character Sheet.  I randomly opened 2 or 3 other NPC sheets, and seems like the same thing -- all the info is in the Bio & Info area, so I wasn't sure what you meant by "add .. under the DM Info..." when there doesn't seem to be any info in the DM Info / GM Notes area. Again, just an idea. As GM we obviously have access to all the info (ideally in the GM Notes area), then if I wish to share the NPC sheet with players, I can copy and paste just the info I want them to know about the NPC into the Bio & Info area.  Volia -- they can see the NPC sheet, but only the info I want them to see :) . Finally another suggestion I came across on the random encounters rollable tables -- is it possible to have the results of the random tables: a) show the dice rolls (when dice are included in the table results); and b) hyperlink to the rest of the random table info and/or the NPC sheets? For example, one random roll results in "The characters encounter 3d6 cannibalistic tribal warriors..."  Instead of "3d6" I'd love to see [3d6] so the results actually kick out the resulting die roll... rather than a DM having to: a) click the random table macro; then  b) also having to roll 3d6.  As well, it only gives part of the random encounter ("The characters encounter 3d6 cannibalistic tribal warriors...") -- it would be great to link directly to the full description, rather than having to find the Random Encounters journal entry, open it, then scroll down to Cannibals. I don't know if it's possible, as all the above is in the "Name" field of the rollable table, which may be a pure text field :( . Again, just suggestions as I make my way through the module.  It's awesome, and well worth the $49 for the time it saves, and the ability to share info, images, maps, etc. with the players.  My thanks, and all the best!
Side Quest 10 ,  Should say WEST not EAST. Pretty sure this isnt intentional!
Thanks for checking on that for the rollable token in the last dungeon, also the rollable token for the secret path that rotates(both rollable tables are right next to each other). I tried and tried to get it to work but was not able to. Just copied the image to another tab when i rolled it and then dropped it into the game as a new background. Took awhile to get all 4 images that weren't like the original map though. After rolling it random for the distinct images i am just going to have to manually move them over the map whenever the controls are triggered for that map. Just have to mess with the dynamic lighting to be able to move the pathways so it doesn't overlap the new open areas from rotation of the gears so the players can move through the new open pathways.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Brett - If you check out a named NPC under their folder, I think you'll see what I mean in regards to DM info. There is no difference internally between monsters (zombies, goblins, etc) and named versions. So if you have a named frost giant, they'll need to have their Monster Manual block along with their module related information. Upon thinking about this, I don't think we put enough lore info in the standard monster blocks (even though Aremag is your standard Dragon Turtle, it'd be nice to have his lore info on his bio!), and I'll see what I can do there. Currently rollable tables only support text. We are also interested in having more robust random encounters but there are other things on the development list before we can take a crack at them :) Thank you for the feedback!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Troy B: I think I am understanding your issue! I apologize, I didn't understand at first. The image on the map is a rollable token where you can manually change the sides. I've linked the wiki that shows how to do this, which should avoid you having to save out pictures in the future. Please let me know if this helps! :) <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Collections#Using_a_Rollab" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Collections#Using_a_Rollab</a>...

Edited 1506095637
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Found a little error. In the grandfather zitembe bio it said he is priest of Dune. But according to locations in port nyanzaru it said he is priest of sabras. And that's where he is placed on the map

Edited 1506310809
UPDATE &nbsp;-- re-reading your responses above Mel, I did read again where you stated ( emphasis &nbsp;mine)&nbsp;"Now that we have the Monster Manual, in module creation we can use the MM as the basis, and then we add in the relevant Module info under the DM Info to keep it separate ." &nbsp;As mentioned below, I still like all the MM and Module in the DM Info area, but that's just me :) . &nbsp;Either way, enjoying ToA! ------------------------------------- Hi Mel -- thanks for taking the suggestion, re: rollable tables -- I recognize there is a long list of dev items, so just happy Roll20 is open to take suggestions, regardless when / if they are implemented! Re: the NPC sheets, I'm going to attach screen shots, as I think I may have confused the issue. &nbsp;The right-hand screen shot is a unnamed Frost Giant from SKT, and the left-hand screen shot is also an unnamed Frost Giant from ToA. Please note how the majority of the info for the SKT version is below the "GM Notes" area, therefore hidden from players if I every share this NPC sheet with the players. &nbsp;Conversely, the majority of info for the ToA version is above &nbsp;the GM Notes area, therefore if I share this sheet with players, they will see all kinds of info / lore I may not want them to see at this point (although I may want them to see the 'public' areas of the sheet). &nbsp;(A third image, further down, shows the 'bottom' of the ToA NPC sheet, highlighting that most info is in the 'public' area of the ToA sheets, and very little is in the 'hidden' GM area of the ToA sheets. &nbsp;In SKT, the exact opposite was true -- most info was in this hidden / GM area, and only a little bit was in the 'public' area.) I really liked the SKT version, as I could copy-and-paste info from the 'hidden' GM area to the 'public' area on the sheet, so the players can reference the sheet without seeing info they wouldn't know (in-game) at that time. &nbsp;I hope that clarifies what I was pointing to. &nbsp;I like sharing the NPC sheets with players, at the appropriate time, as I feel it immerses them into the game in a way that only Roll20 can allow... although with all the NPC info in the "GM" area allows me more control over what they see over don't see. Obviously a different decision on how to provide NPC info in SKT vs. ToA, and I'm just throwing my vote behind the SKT way of doing things :) . &nbsp;However, if I've mis-understood your explanations Mel, my apologies, and as always, thanks for considering - I'm just one user, and I just appreciate the willingness to consider ideas and options, regardless what gets implemented, and when! SKT NPC Sheet: ToA NPC Sheet: ToA NPC Sheet (lower down, showing little "GM Info" but lots of 'public' info):

Edited 1506309145
Ras Nsi's NPC sheet (& token) shows 127 HP, but I believe it should be 107, as indicated in the hardcover version (Appendix D, p.230 indicates it has been "reduced to 107; subtract 1...", which would be in line with the fact ToA starts 20 days into the Death Curse and resurrected characters (like Ras Nsi) have lost 20 HP / Max HP). Along these lines, his token isn't linked to his HP like some other tokens -- it's only linked to his AC. &nbsp;Thanks!
Handout: Zombie is missing. It's linked on the Zombie character, but the handout doesn't exist.
I'm having issues with the random encounter macros. Every macro I hit comes up with no text, its just a blank message. Is there something I'm missing?
Nathan B. said: I'm having issues with the random encounter macros. Every macro I hit comes up with no text, its just a blank message. Is there something I'm missing? Can you give an example of one? &nbsp;For example, if I try Cache-Random-Encounter, I get the following output:
Eric
Sheet Author
With the recent OGL update, all the NPC's have lost their spells. When can we expect a patch that fixes all the tokens we paid for? Thanks!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
This is something we're discussing internally and have eyes on. Getting these modules to full functionality is high priority. We'll keep you updated!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
While we are looking into this: All NPC spellcasting information should be located in their statblock.&nbsp; So while the spells currently are not set up in the levels and clickable, all the information necessary is still available on each character. &nbsp; Thank you for your patience while we get these updated!
Eric
Sheet Author
Thanks Mel for the response! I feel bad for the intern who has to stay up late tonight and drag and drop every tokens spell list back into shape :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I think we have a fix on the way that will avoid that late night task for me and my team in the short term ;) I've been planning a big update to all released modules down the road once some other functionality is in place, which will definitely be some longer days updating every gosh darn monster. I'll need a new podcast to binge once that hits!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Update!: All NPC's should now display the former spell text (though the prepared/unprepared dot will be reset). There is a red text that urges you to update the sheet. Please feel free to disregard this text. We will be updating WOTC content to reflect the new spell functionality after we finish our current internal project. Thank you again for all your patience!
Eric
Sheet Author
Thank you, much appreciated for the quick pounce on the ticket.
Hey Mel, any chance there's an easy way to set all of Tomb of Annihilation NPCs to "whisper to DM" mode without having to do it one by one?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
For sure SP! Under Game Settings (Outside of the game, in the dropdown) you can update those settings and then apply them in game.&nbsp; Here's the Wiki page with detailed information :) <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#D.26D_5" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#D.26D_5</a>...
Does this mean we need to re-input all the spells for all the NPC since update?
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ghoul is missing players handout

Edited 1506497520
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Greg C. We will be updating the module ourselves once we finish our current production project. That text is for folks who have their own character sheets who need updating, as there's no way to specify that a sheet is in a module or not. As in my earlier update, feel free to disregard that as we will be updating the modules in time.&nbsp;

Edited 1506516768
ESPI
Plus
Mel said: For sure SP! Under Game Settings (Outside of the game, in the dropdown) you can update those settings and then apply them in game.&nbsp; Here's the Wiki page with detailed information :) <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#D.26D_5" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#D.26D_5</a>... I tried that, but it doesn't seem to do anything to already existing sheet? Just to make sure, here's what I'm doing: Outside the game, I access my Game Settings for my Tomb of Annihilation game. I scroll down to 'Default Sheet Settings'. I change 'Whispers rolls to DM' from 'Never whisper rolls' to 'Always whisper rolls', leaving all other settings as they current are. I hit 'Save changes' at the bottom of the page. When I load the game and open any random character sheet (player sheet or npc sheet), both sheet are still set to 'Never whisper rolls'. Am I missing something? Maybe the recent character sheet upgrade broke the feature? Edit: I also tried just creating a new character sheet, and that sheet didn't take the default settings I just set either, both as a player and npc sheet it had 'Never whisper rolls' set by default. It feels like the default settings aren't actually saved when I hit save changes, because when I go back to the Game Settings, they're back to how they were before I changed them. Edit2: The Game Settings do update correctly when I use Edge instead of Firefox, but those settings don't get applied in-game it seems. Edit3: And now that my settings page has been changed properly, it seems the experimental 'Apply Default Settings' button in-game shows all the modified options. Presumably if I tick everything I want set back to default it'll parse through all my sheets, and apply my default settings?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
When you click "Apply Default Settings", you need to check the boxes you want updated from your newly saved settings :)
Super minor bug, but Foreword isn't spelled Forward. :)
Mel said: When you click "Apply Default Settings", you need to check the boxes you want updated from your newly saved settings :) My problem wasn't with Apply Default Settings, it was with the settings themselves actually not being saved when I modified them outside the game when I clicked 'Save Changes'. It *says* my settings have been saved, but scrolling down I could see that they weren't. This only happened when I used Firefox, using Edge got around the issue, I could get my settings to save correctly using Edge as a browser.

Edited 1506743291
I have the same bug with Macros mentioned earlier. Whenever i press any of the macros i only get blank results. This goes for every form of the script that should display anything related to the tables. It would appear that the templates dont work, is there a specific charactersheet type required for this to run? EDIT: The game doesnt save your selected character sheet when you first make a Tomb of annihilation campaign; once i went into settings to re-add the character sheets, and game system, all the issues were fixed.&nbsp;
My friend created a game with Tomb of Annihilation and created player sheets for us to manage like usual. Out of our group, I'm the only one who cant see their character sheet. I can click on the link to it and a white box appears, but there's nothing in it. In fact, when I log into the game, I get a red notification that tells me I am not connected to the server and shouldn't do anything important. The oddest thing about this, is that when I join other games I have previously joined they work perfectly fine. Has this happened to any one else?
Can I get a better estimate as to when all the purchased content will be patched to accomodate the new OGL sheet please? We're hoping to get hundreds of Adventurers League players for AetherCon next month.&nbsp; Any way we can support players who may have characters they've not played for a while getting nasty surprises?
Following on what Austin and Nathan said, I'm also getting a blank message when rolling the macros from the bar. If I roll from the macro table, they seem to work.
Mel said: Greg C. We will be updating the module ourselves once we finish our current production project. That text is for folks who have their own character sheets who need updating, as there's no way to specify that a sheet is in a module or not. As in my earlier update, feel free to disregard that as we will be updating the modules in time.&nbsp; Thanks for this - but is there any ETA on updating the spellcasting NPC's in the module?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks! For specific 2.0 sheet issues, please post your issues with a console log here -&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5576582/5th-edit" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5576582/5th-edit</a>... For more information on how to help give us a bug report/log, please check out the wiki entry - <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> I have made a specific thread for WOTC Module Update tracking here -&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5586246/wotc-mod" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5586246/wotc-mod</a>...
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Regarding Macros not working:&nbsp; I have created a new ToA game and they work on newly created games, and iIn my personal game they are also still functioning.&nbsp; There was an issue with Game Settings not being saved, can you verify your game is set up with the 5E OGL sheets? Also, I know this is a basic question but I must ask: Have you: 1.Taken the macros off your bar 2. Quit out of the game entirely 3. Put them back on your bar? And finally if that does not work, have you tried copy pasting the macro code from the included handout from the Supplemental Material into a new macro and does it work then? Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this! Mel
Mel, thanks for responding! We're using the 5e Shaped Sheets for our game, so I suspect that might be the issue, because I did try the troubleshooting steps you mentioned. I had to tweak a few other macros. FWIW, I was able to get it working by removing the following, as well as the two trailing brackets from the macro: &{template:npcaction} {{rname= Random Encounter Loot }} {{name= Treasure Drops }} {{description= Thanks again for the help! Dustin
This is relatively minor, but the Merchant Ward text is missing from its place on the Port Nyanzaru map.

Edited 1506866458
Mel said: Greg C. We will be updating the module ourselves once we finish our current production project. That text is for folks who have their own character sheets who need updating, as there's no way to specify that a sheet is in a module or not. As in my earlier update, feel free to disregard that as we will be updating the modules in time.&nbsp; Hi Mel!&nbsp; Thanks for the valuable information. Perhaps Steve K. should share this explanation in the OGL forum, where many people are concerned about this same issue. I have three weekly campaigns running with purchased content, all of which are suffering from this issue at the moment. Can you guess at a ballpark timetable for this fix? Days? Weeks? Months? If it's months (or many weeks) I will manually drag the spells myself. If it's days or weeks I can wait.&nbsp; Thanks in advance for your time! Eugene