Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tomb of Annihilation Bug Reporting Thread

I'm looking through the character info for random encounters and npcs, and I found a really strange error. The creatures whose class or species we know (like zombies or assassins) already have their actions listed, but the new ones (like eblises or Artus Cimber) don't have any. I don't think I'd be able to run this campaign without that. Something old, with actions: Someone new, no actions: The solution might be really obvious, but right now I have no idea.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ella N. said: I'm looking through the character info for random encounters and npcs, and I found a really strange error. The creatures whose class or species we know (like zombies or assassins) already have their actions listed, but the new ones (like eblises or Artus Cimber) don't have any. I don't think I'd be able to run this campaign without that. The solution might be really obvious, but right now I have no idea. At the top of the sheet, click on Character Sheet (what you are seeing is the Bio and Info tab). This should open up a fully functional character sheet with all the info for you (not using the same NPC, but should appear very similar):
I'm not seeing this tab. There's only two showing up for me.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ella N. said: I'm not seeing this tab. There's only two showing up for me. Here is how it appears on mine - it sounds like there is definitely some kind of error going on in your game. I'd start a new game and see if it is doing it there as well, because then you'll know if it is game specific for you or something happening across multiple games.
Ella N. said: I'm not seeing this tab. There's only two showing up for me. Looks like you don't have a character sheet selected. Go to your game's ' Game Settings ' and select a character sheet.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Eugene - I'm expecting in the days - weeks timeframe, not months! We are all very much wanting to have these issues solved ASAP :)

Edited 1506970150
Hello everyone! Sadly, the random encounters macros do not seem to work for me, all I get is an empty whisper. Am I doing something wrong..? It does not matter if I click on "Test Macro", copy paste the macro into the chat or use the shortcut.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hagen - Have you made sure that the 5E sheet is selected for the game? Some games had this reset and it's at the root cause as an issue. 
Mel said: Eugene - I'm expecting in the days - weeks timeframe, not months! We are all very much wanting to have these issues solved ASAP :) Thank you so much for this info! I'm delighted to hear it.   And thanks again for all your hard work!
I posted this information in&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4516830/webrtc-v" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4516830/webrtc-v</a>... but wanted to include it here as we think we have narrowed it down to a Tomb of Annihilation issue. I run a game of ToA, and have no access to video or voice chat in the module game. I am in other games where it works fine, including a SKT one. I have created multiple ToA instances with the same issue, and created multiple new "blank" games or other modules, such as one or two from Kobold Press and video and chat work fine. Is this being explored separately from the run of the mill video issues? I dont see anyone else posting about issues like that is this thread. Thank you for any insight you can provide!

Edited 1510164946
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Matthew - I see you've posted quite a bit of helpful information over on the WebRTC thread. As Nolan has stated, it's a peer to peer issue, so my assumption (not a programmer/coder of any means) would be that due to the size of ToA, it's causing more lag and causing video/voice to fail. My team converts modules, we are not web developers.&nbsp; I will assume that you've checked that broadcasting is enabled in the in-game Game Settings?
Mel said: Hagen - Have you made sure that the 5E sheet is selected for the game? Some games had this reset and it's at the root cause as an issue.&nbsp; Hey Mel, I deselected and selected the 5e sheet again, immediately afterwards it did not work, but today I just tried the macros again and they work fine now. :) Thanks!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Awesome, glad to hear it! :)
Hello First of all, my English is not that good, excuse pls. I'm not sure if this is already reported but: If we listen to music in the game and the songs are played randomly, after 1 or 2 songs a few hear a different song than the others. When we start the playlist new, it works again, but only for a few songs. I would be glad if s.o. could help, thanks.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Juris! Please make a new post in this forum to describe your bug with the Jukebox (music player) -&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/category/18" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/category/18</a> This is a thread specifically for a module, which is a different team :)
Hello, I'm loving the new ToA module, but my group cannot get video or audio to work in the module.&nbsp; We can see and hear ourselves, but cannot see or hear anyone else who is logged in.&nbsp; Even with only two of us logged in and looking at a simple map, like a blank battle map, we don't receive any video or audio from anyone else. I'm posting here because we do not have this problem with other D&D games we are running through Roll20.&nbsp; Seven of us can log in to Princes of the Apocalypse and we have no problems with video and audio.&nbsp; We log-out and log-in to Tomb of Annihilation, verify that the video and audio options are identical, but nothing.&nbsp; Any idea what, if anything, that means?&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1510164957
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Mel said: Hi Matthew - I see you've posted quite a bit of helpful information over on the WebGL thread. As Nolan has stated, it's a peer to peer issue, so my assumption (not a programmer/coder of any means) would be that due to the size of ToA, it's causing more lag and causing video/voice to fail. My team converts modules, we are not web developers.&nbsp; I will assume that you've checked that broadcasting is enabled in the in-game Game Settings? DM, please see this response to Matthew from above. If you have not visited in the WebRTC thread, there are folks with suggestions for how to improve performance there. Posting your console logs to that thread will also be helpful. I've linked to page 9 as it's got some specific things to try. -&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4516830/webrtc-v" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4516830/webrtc-v</a>...
Hi Roll 20, We are having some issues where the players voice and video do not pull through on the ToA game The game runs on the official Roll 20 ToA pack. We have checked and can confirm that each player has voice and video enabled in settings. We have also joined another session and everything works fine. Is this an ongoing issue?

Edited 1510164967
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Psyco - Please look at my responses to both DM and Matthew above -&nbsp;If you have not visited in the WebRTC thread, there are folks with suggestions for how to improve performance there. Posting your console logs to that thread will also be helpful. I've linked to page 9 as it's got some specific things to try. -&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4516830/webrtc-video-and-voice-chat-issues/?pagenum=9" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4516830/webrtc-video-and-voice-chat-issues/?pagenum=9</a>
A question about patches for this module. If I have a campaign that's about to start will all these little bug fixes and amendments be done to my already created game ?&nbsp; Or is it best to actually make the game at the last minute else you miss the patches. Thanks!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Tyler - Games are updated as we patch and new games are created using the most recently patched data :)
I was having the same issue yesterday where it "selected off" the 5e OGL character sheet when I made a new ToA campaign.&nbsp; But even after going back and selecting back on again, some of the functionality was buggy.&nbsp; For example, after I loaded the usual API scripts I use (Torch, TokenMod, and 5e OGL companion), the global defaults didn't work and I couldn't give the players permission to look at the Backgrounds handout.&nbsp;&nbsp; So I deleted the campaign and tried a new one.&nbsp; Same problems.&nbsp; So I'm trying again and I have been stuck on the "Creating, Please Wait" screen for about ten minutes now.&nbsp;&nbsp;
P.S. if I open another tab and look at my games, ToA is clearly there but it doesn't have the character sheet loaded.&nbsp; So maybe that will help narrow down the issue?&nbsp; It seems like it gets stuck when creating the game and doesn't finish executing the campaign.
Here's the error I got in the load screen:
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Xttapalotakettle - The game commonly does "freeze" on that screen, but if you refresh, it's ready to play.&nbsp; Can you try the following for me and let me know if it works? - Create a new game with the 5E OGL sheet selected from creation - Leave it for ~5 minutes - Go back to the My Games page - Enter the game and see if it's fixed itself.&nbsp; Please report back if those steps do not work with your game name :)
Found a minor thing; Cult Fanatic is a 4th level spellcaster but does not have a list of spells on the sheet. :)
I somehow wiped out almost all of the art on my "Player's map of Chult". i have a patch of blank hex and the rest is gone. is there a way to recover this map?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Jenky_DM - You can use either the "Rollback" feature, or delete out that Page and make a new game of Tomb of Annihilation and Transmogrify back in a clean version, as you are a Pro subscriber :)

Edited 1508707019
Is the following a ToA bug report, or an OGL sheet bug report (re: the "for module users, this sheet will be updated in an upcoming patch")? Has it been patched, and if so, can someone point me to how to access it?&nbsp; I looked at my main ToA page, as previously patches were listed there, but didn't see an option there, or on the Settings page.&nbsp; Sorry for being out of touch on the updates.&nbsp;&nbsp;My thanks!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Brett: That is currently being worked on. We have made sure prior 5E sheet functionality remains while we get every module updated to the new spell sheet. It's time intensive work to check literally every NPC :)
Mel said: Brett: That is currently being worked on. We have made sure prior 5E sheet functionality remains while we get every module updated to the new spell sheet. It's time intensive work to check literally every NPC :) Thanks for the update Mel!
Mel said: Jenky_DM - You can use either the "Rollback" feature, or delete out that Page and make a new game of Tomb of Annihilation and Transmogrify back in a clean version, as you are a Pro subscriber :) You are my here. My map is back! now to figure out again, now to reveal a hex or 2 at a time. You get +150 mod xp
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Yay! :D I click, then hit the BACKSPACE key for each hex when revealing, personally. It can be tricky to drag the selection box on that map!
Minor note: Musharib's Character Sheet does not include the maul he is described as having.
Mel said: Yay! :D I click, then hit the BACKSPACE key for each hex when revealing, personally. It can be tricky to drag the selection box on that map! Mel, Once again, you're my Hero. I think you're what, level 5 best answer person now? =)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I'm glad to help! Y'all having fun is our job at Roll20 :D
Spotted a new bug yesterday: The token for the Albino Dwarf Warriors have their red bar value set to 'HP' instead of 'None', so when you change a single token's HP, all of the tokens (and the character sheet) gets changed to that new value.
Ηey guys so i recently bought the TOA module and will start&nbsp; playing it with my friends! BUT i just realised that the video and voice system doesnt work when i create a game with the TOA module.. IF i create any other game without any modules the voice and video works as intended.. can i get this fixxed somehow?

Edited 1510164981
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
whereisawake -&nbsp;Please look at my responses to several folks above - If you have not visited in the WebRTC thread, there are folks with suggestions for how to improve performance there. Posting your console logs to that thread will also be helpful. I've linked to page 9 as it's got some specific things to try. - <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4516830/webrtc-video-and-voice-chat-issues/?pagenum=9" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4516830/webrtc-video-and-voice-chat-issues/?pagenum=9</a>
Hi,&nbsp; Noticed Gruta's token is most likely wrong. Gruta is a female, however the token is clearly depicting a male with mustache. I played her as a very manly woman, but there was some initial confusion.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ambrosius - For NPC's that are a general template (spy, scout, etc) they are created from the default images. This sometimes means that the token may have a different image than description in the book. When we are able, we try to make common tokens out of the book images (The commoner, Tribal Warrior, and a few other NPC tokens) have been made specifically from art in the Tomb of Annihilation book, but we aren't able to create custom art for each template.&nbsp; Hope that clears things up some! :)
Hi, About the macros not working, I was slightly annoyed so I did a bit of tinkering, and it's because of the template. I am using the 5e Shaped sheet, and when I replaced, in the macros, the original " template:npcaction " by the 5e shaped template " template:5e-shaped ", at least I got some output. It still looked ugly because the 5e-shaped templates does not have the same fields, in particular rname, so I switched to " template:default " and it started working properly. A bit annoying to do on all the macros, but at least doable. Still, I'm not a guru of Roll20, could you do something to fix this more permanently, maybe adding another template with a more specific name and making sure that it's not overwritten by something in the sheets (as it looks to me a possible explanation for what is happening here)... Thanks in advance.
Philippe, you might have better luck reading through the 5e Shaped Sheet's thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4450188/5e-shape" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4450188/5e-shape</a>... The first post has links to lots of resources, including documentation.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Philippe: All WOTC content is designed to be used with the 5E OGL sheet. The shaped sheet is community and volunteer supported, and not managed by the Roll20 team. I hope you understand why our conversions of WOTC products use the sheet created internally by our team at Roll20. This way we can be sure the sheet is up to date and works well between products without having to rely on a community sheet to do the same.&nbsp;

Edited 1511044151
Brett M. said: Mel said: Brett: That is currently being worked on. We have made sure prior 5E sheet functionality remains while we get every module updated to the new spell sheet. It's time intensive work to check literally every NPC :) Thanks for the update Mel! @Mel -- any ETA on the update in the quoted info immediately above, or did I miss it and it has already happened?&nbsp; I checked my ToA game page and don't see an indication of an update, and it's been one month.&nbsp; My thanks.

Edited 1511059947
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Brett - Should be live Monday barring any other new bugs to be squashed! The Dev team found some ugly new ones during this patch that should be fixed now :) ETA: Bugs on the patching side, not on the content side, for clarification
Mel said: Brett - Should be live Monday barring any other new bugs to be squashed! The Dev team found some ugly new ones during this patch that should be fixed now :) ETA: Bugs on the patching side, not on the content side, for clarification Thanks Mel -- looking forward to it!
Hi, I'm sorry that you took it this way, I was just trying to be helpful. The fact that I am using the Shaped sheet does not change the fact that lots of people here have complained about the macros not working, or working after quite a bit of not-understood tinkering (like changing the sheet back and forth, abandonning, then coming back to finding it working). There is also no proof that the reason they were not working for me is because of the Shaped sheet, in particular because they still do not work for me when I switch to the OGL sheet for testing . I think that I have, at least, understood why &nbsp;they are not working (because of the template not working), so I would appreciate an answer on this, rather than explanations why it's because of the Shaped sheet that I am using, or advice about using such template. Finally, considering Mel's answer, I'm really not happy about it. I have been a really good customer, having bought all the modules available from WotC, including some that I will probably never use. In particular on the Tomb of Annihilation one, nowhere does it say that you have to use the OGL sheet to use the module, it only says: " Statted Tokens featuring original artwork from Dungeons & Dragons. Tokens are linked to Character entries in the Journal, with Roll20 5th Edition OGL character sheets and clickable actions." That's fine, I don't use this specific feature and don't complain about it, but if all the other features of the module (including the macros and tables) only work with the OGL sheet, can I suggest that you make this abundantly clear ? Or simply that you correct that macros bug that annoys lots of people who probably use the OGL sheet anyway? Thanks in advance...
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Philippe: We've updated all Marketplace entries to clearly state that they are designed for use with the 5E OGL Sheet. The issues with macros that you’re seeing up above came from the 5E OGL sheet 2.0 update and the resulting cache errors that have since been fixed. Have you tried creating a new version (not a copy) of the game using the 5E OGL sheet to see if the macro problem persists? If the problem does persist, please take the following steps to put together an error report: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> We haven’t been able to replicate the bug you seem to be experiencing with switching between sheets. After taking the steps above, please email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> with the technical specs outlined in the wiki so we can pass your report on to the dev team.