Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] CashMaster 5e - a simple script to manage a party's money.

Edited 1537085153
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lets take a step back, what does "automatic item additions" do? Are you adding items to the sheet? Do you have the SRD equivalent data? If you have the srd equivalent data then just populate the data like the compendium does. Use the following fields: <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_name_from_srd" accept= "Name" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_item_type_from_srd" accept= "Item Type" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_damage_from_srd" accept= "Damage" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_damage_type_from_srd" accept= "Damage Type" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_secondary_damage_from_srd" accept= "Secondary Damage" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_secondary_damage_type_from_srd" accept= "Secondary Damage Type" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_modifiers_from_srd" accept= "Modifiers" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_properties_from_srd" accept= "Properties" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_range_from_srd" accept= "Range" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_reach_from_srd" accept= "Reach" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_weight_from_srd" accept= "Weight" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_stealth_from_srd" accept= "Stealth" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_content_from_srd" accept= "Content" > <input type= "hidden" name= "attr_category_from_srd" accept= "Category" > If you set those fields with sheetworkers then the sheet will do the rest. Set category last if it's not all set at once.

Edited 1537099911
GM Michael
API Scripter
Yes, it populates the equipment repeating section.  Users can set up shops and display those shops to users, who will see a Buy button.  If they have the requisite funds, it'll automatically stick it in the character sheet.  What a user adds to a shop is not limited to the SRD.  CashMaster doesn't have the SRD json data, so it isn't prepopulated with those or something.  This would probably be a lot easier if I knew how drag and drop import worked. Could you provide an example of setting one of those tags with a Sheet worker? Also, is there a compiled list of SRD items somewhere?  I know the compendium pages have json versions, but if I were to mass import these things, I'd rather not have to go through all that lol.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shops on a character sheet? Seems strange. Maybe best to skip this feature.

Edited 1538019885
GM Michael
API Scripter
Kryx said: Shops on a character sheet? Seems strange. Maybe best to skip this feature. No, the shop isn't in the character sheet.  NPCs can have shops set up (not that it really matters, but shop data is stored as json in the shopkeeper's GM notes section). The gm can then cause a shop gui to appear in the chat.  If a player attempts to buy something from an NPC by pressing the Buy button in chat, the API will stick that item in the buyer's character sheet.  I've got it working for OGL , but I don't know enough about Shaped Sheet to do it on that one yet. Really, what I'd love would be a guide to how compendium drag and drop works from the character sheet side and a compiled list of SRD json data so I don't have to go harvest it myself. Update : looks like I can just replicate what Beyond Importer uses, so I should actually be good here! :-). If there is an SRD item list in json somewhere though, I'd love to know.
How about a way to weight the shares distributed? Many games use "cohorts get half shares" (which would be applied as "PCs get 2 shares" to make it easy), "1 share per character level", or similar.
I have an idea for an extra function if possible.  My shops are huge, so an option like Swords : rapier : long sword : <longs sword 1> <long sword 2> ... this way the shop isnt so cluttered. Just have the sub menues show for the player clicking them? just an idea, not even sure if its possible.

Edited 1541121782
GM Michael
API Scripter
Status Update TLDR : Nothing has changed. Basically, a bunch of IRL things have happened lately (moving, vacation, getting sick, girlfriend getting sick, crazy stuff at work).  Things are calming down now and I'm finally getting back to a more normal routine.  That includes regular time spent on D&D, and means I should be able to get back into this. I do still want to get shaped sheet support for shops.  It's a lot of work, but I know people want it, and the Beyond Importer should be a good guide here, as well as the new lazy loot tool. Elkad E. said: How about a way to weight the shares distributed? Many games use "cohorts get half shares" (which would be applied as "PCs get 2 shares" to make it easy), "1 share per character level", or similar. I love that idea and it would be easy to implement.  I can  totally see that going in as a minor thing alongside shaped sheet support. Luke B. said: I have an idea for an extra function if possible.  My shops are huge, so an option like Swords : rapier : long sword : <longs sword 1> <long sword 2> ... this way the shop isnt so cluttered. Just have the sub menues show for the player clicking them? just an idea, not even sure if its possible. Yeah, shop clutter is a real issue.  The problem is that it's all through chat, which means if the player scrolls too far, they could lose track of which is the most recent message really easily, which I'm not comfortable with.  I think just adding a Search button that scans the text fields of the objects for the key phrase would add a lot here.  I don't think submenus are the way to go simply because that involves even more scrolling.  I have proposed an alternative , however.

Edited 1542827256
Does this great script is compatible with TokenMod? I have a warning when i try to activate both script. 
Darshyne said: Does this great script is compatible with TokenMod? I have a warning when i try to activate both script.  Hi Darshyne, yes, it's compatible. I have them both running at the same time in all my campaigns.