Video and Voice Chat - Integrated WebRTC

Steve K.
Roll20 Development Team
This bug thread is for Roll20's integrated WebRTC Video and Voice chat only. You can post any and all related Video and Voice chat issues here. If you are having issues, please provide your: Operating System Browser and Version Description of the Issue WebRTC Debug Log (Click the "Download WebRTC Debug Log" button under the settings tab)
Hello there! There is a small issue for me and my players. This has been an issue over the past years, in different games and of course diffferent people.  The problem is that when we are multiple people inside a game, let's say 6, we can never have it so that everybody sees everybody.  It's always that person A,B,C can see eachother. Person D and E can see eachother whilst person F can see everybody. Some times nobody sees any one, just themselves and this can be combined in any possible way.  I myself currently have windows 10. I have tried Edge/I.E, Firefox, Chrome and even opera. We have all tried to switch browsers to see if it works, to make sure we're on the same browser. We all have the setting set to "Recieve and broadcast video only". This because we use audio on discord. I have tried both of the WebRTC settings and so have the others.  I don't have a debuglog of when we are all inside the game. If this is needed i will grab one next _Saturday_. ----- Personal LOG ----- Loading Roll20 Chat Event Handlers Number of other Players: 0 Started local media Send All Message: collectlogs 1523184780391 ----- END Personal LOG -----
Hello -  Not sure this is the place, but it seemed to be the most suitable at the time. I have a game going of the Tomb of Annihilation module that doesn't allow us to use our webcams.  ANY other game I go into with the same group of people, it works fine. We all have our broadcast setting set appropriately and nothing changes from game to game.  
GenKitty
Roll20 Mod Team
Robert M., If you are having issues, please provide your: Operating System Browser and Version Description of the Issue WebRTC Debug Log (Click the "Download WebRTC Debug Log" button under the settings tab)
Windows 10 Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox and internet explorer and microsoft edge Whenever we attempt to use video in the game that we have, it doesn't allow us to.  We have tried every video setting, ensured that we have "Allowed' the browser to access our webcams, etc.  We also have tried it in a test game that I've created and it works fine.  I believe it might be something to do with the game itself.   We also do not have the ability to download the logs.  The settings end after the words "Experimental Features". 
Any luck with something I can try?  
Robert M. said: Any luck with something I can try?   try having everyone broadcast both audio and video but only set to receive video. that has worked for me 
Operating System: Windows 7 Browser and Version: Firefox 59 Description of the Issue: I'm having the same issue that other people are reporting. WebRTC works on any other platform, webcam is working in Windows, and I see my own webcam output in Roll20, but everyone else sees a black screen. I've tried the troubleshooting suggested on the wiki and some of the settings cycling suggested on the forums. WebRTC Debug Log: ----- Personal LOG ----- Loading Roll20 Chat Event Handlers Number of other Players: 1 Started local media Handle Signalling Video Quality high Offer TO: Sirkka No audio output device. Candidate TO: Sirkka Candidate TO: Sirkka Candidate TO: Sirkka Candidate TO: Sirkka Answer FROM: Sirkka Candidate FROM: Sirkka Candidate FROM: Sirkka Closing! Sirkka Failed! Sirkka Error: { "_errorCode": 110005, "_exception": { "name": "Exception" } } Handle Signalling Reconnect! Send All Message: disc 1523747415080 Number of other Players: 1 Started local media Handle Signalling Video Quality high Offer TO: Sirkka No audio output device. Candidate TO: Sirkka Candidate TO: Sirkka Candidate TO: Sirkka Candidate TO: Sirkka Answer FROM: Sirkka Candidate FROM: Sirkka Candidate FROM: Sirkka Reconnect! Send All Message: disc 1523747427271 Closing! Sirkka Closed! Sirkka Number of other Players: 1 Started local media Handle Signalling Video Quality high Offer TO: Sirkka No audio output device. Candidate TO: Sirkka Candidate TO: Sirkka Candidate TO: Sirkka Candidate TO: Sirkka Answer FROM: Sirkka Candidate FROM: Sirkka Candidate FROM: Sirkka Closing! Sirkka Failed! Sirkka Error: { "_errorCode": 110005, "_exception": { "name": "Exception" } } Handle Signalling Send All Message: collectlogs 1523747788975 Individual Message FROM: Sirkka sendlogs 1523747681925 ----- END Personal LOG ----- ----- Sirkka LOG ----- Loading Roll20 Chat Event Handlers Number of other Players: 1 Started local media Handle Signalling Video Quality high Offer FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Answer TO: Atiesh Candidate TO: Atiesh Candidate TO: Atiesh Closing! Atiesh Failed! Atiesh Error: { "_errorCode": 110005, "_exception": { "name": "Exception" } } Handle Signalling Offer FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Answer TO: Atiesh Candidate TO: Atiesh Candidate TO: Atiesh Closing! Atiesh Failed! Atiesh Error: { "_errorCode": 110005, "_exception": { "name": "Exception" } } Handle Signalling All Message FROM: Atiesh disc 1523747415081 Offer FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Answer TO: Atiesh Candidate TO: Atiesh Candidate TO: Atiesh All Message FROM: Atiesh disc 1523747427271 Closing! Atiesh Closed! Atiesh Offer FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Candidate FROM: Atiesh Answer TO: Atiesh Candidate TO: Atiesh Candidate TO: Atiesh Closing! Atiesh Failed! Atiesh Error: { "_errorCode": 110005, "_exception": { "name": "Exception" } } Handle Signalling All Message FROM: Atiesh collectlogs 1523747788975 Send Message To: Atiesh sendlogs 1523747681925 ----- END Sirkka LOG -----

Edited 1524151534
Hi I have been using roll20 for some time now but we experience some weird problems in some groups. We have used the standard settings from the guide, we have to use legacy roll20 and we use "video only". I currently play in three groups. The first is hosted by a friend. Everybody can see everybody else, we use only video though. It just works fine but we have to "reconnect" a lot and I sometimes need to reload roll20. I host another group, featuring the GM from the first group and two new players. I only see black screens from those two, they only see a black screen instead of my face but the GM from the first group can see everybody just fine. We tried another game I opened and another one from the gm - the problem is the same. We have tried internet explorer, different firefox versions (new profile without addons) and chrome. We are all using Windows Computers. I will add a debug log when I am at my Computer. Any Ideas?
Phil B.
Roll20 Development Team
Robert M. said: Hello -  Not sure this is the place, but it seemed to be the most suitable at the time. I have a game going of the Tomb of Annihilation module that doesn't allow us to use our webcams.  ANY other game I go into with the same group of people, it works fine. We all have our broadcast setting set appropriately and nothing changes from game to game.   This is because the Video Chat setting for the game was set to an older system, somehow. I went ahead and updated it for you, so it should be using the new system. If this happens to anyone else, where you don't even have the option to download the debug log, you can switch Voice & Video to "None", then back to "Roll20 WebRTC". Atiesh said: Operating System: Windows 7 Browser and Version: Firefox 59 Description of the Issue: I'm having the same issue that other people are reporting. WebRTC works on any other platform, webcam is working in Windows, and I see my own webcam output in Roll20, but everyone else sees a black screen. I've tried the troubleshooting suggested on the wiki and some of the settings cycling suggested on the forums. You log was from a connection with 1 other person, but I'm assuming you've tried to connect to other people and had the same issue? The log shows that there are no audio devices connected, what are your video chat setting set to when you're trying to connect to people? Martin said: I currently play in three groups. The first is hosted by a friend. Everybody can see everybody else, we use only video though. It just works fine but we have to "reconnect" a lot and I sometimes need to reload roll20. I host another group, featuring the GM from the first group and two new players. I only see black screens from those two, they only see a black screen instead of my face but the GM from the first group can see everybody just fine. We tried another game I opened and another one from the gm - the problem is the same. Yeah, peer-to-peer connections will always be kinda finicky, especially when you also have the whole table-top loading in as well. The browser does what it can to make it happen, but sometimes it takes more than once. I would recommend against using the Legacy version, if at all possible, because we are no longer supporting it. Are all of your other issues, with the video not loading, also with the Legacy version or are these in the new version?
Things mostly working very well for our group.  Only 2 players at the same location, and very few reconnects needed.  However, this week whenever someone was speaking, we could all hear interference along with the one speaking, almost like channel bleed-over.  It was fuzzy (like radio static) and we couldn't really make out particular words.  Everyone reconnected and the issue persisted.  We had a session a week ago which did not have this occur.
Operating system : windows 10 Browser : every browsers with latest update Description of the issue : Each person can watch himself (all webcams work well) but we can't see/hear the other players. This issue stay few hours and after it work perfectly, and the problem come back the day after. The problem happened 2 consecutive days. I precise that our settings are well configured. WebRTC log: ----- Personal LOG ----- Loading Roll20 Chat Event Handlers Number of other Players: 0 Started local media Send All Message: collectlogs 1524240186787 ----- END Personal LOG -----
for some reason every time i have my sound card active it shuts off the video and sound to roll 20 any one ells have this problem ?