Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped]

Edited 1525609053
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet This is the Shaped character sheet for use on Roll20.net with the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons (5e). The sheet is designed to be usable by all Roll20 users regardless of subscription level. Features High performance sheet (100% sheet workers) Styling that matches the 5e paper sheet Compendium Integration for NPCs, Spells, Weapons, Armor, Equipment OGL Module conversion Modules like LMoP, Volo's Guide, and the Monster Manual are converted from the OGL format to the Shaped format. NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. The text on the sheet and in the output macro will adjust if you adjust an ability score. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Spells with the option to cast at a higher level Filters to limit which spells are displayed Chat macros that are kept in sync with the contents of the sheet. Ability Checks, Saving Throws, Attacks, Actions, Statblock, etc. Critical damage is automatically calculated with the possibility of selecting features like brutal critical or houserules that critical hits do maximum dice damage plus the normal damage. Classes automatically select proficiencies (Weapon, Armor, Tools, Saving Throws) and class features. Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Translations Armor Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Shaped Script Documentation Changelog Issue tracker Please post any issues or suggestions on the issue tracker. If you're experiencing extreme lag please disable LastPass as it is known to cause problems with Roll20. This has nothing to do with the Shaped sheet. Sheet Releases When I release a new version it takes time to reach the public. Roll20 must merge my cost (typically Mondays/Tuesdays) and then release my code to the public (typically Tuesdays/Wednesdays). You can track Roll20's pull requests on their github . I have no control over when they release. How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the translation from the appropriate file on github (en is English, fr is French, de is German, it is Italian, etc) On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. If you are ever concerned about data loss I recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy to see how it'll work. Testing new versions I regularly release new versions. If you'd like to be involved in the testing period follow this thread. You can also see t he latest code on my develop campaign Supported Versions I support the currently released version on Roll20 and on Github (they often differ as Pros can use a newer version). For upgrades I support a smooth upgrade for any version within the last 6 months. Currently that is version 6.1.0. Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thank you for your support.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.0.0 Breaking Changes This breaking change should be fully handled with the upgrade, but custom scripts may break as the roll template has changed. This will only impact existing roll template outputs and should only matter for those who want a well preserved chat record and for those who make custom macros (not recommended as the sheet should provide all that are needed). Features Added support for spell points to be called sorcery , psi , and ki . mana is already supported. Closes #295 Spell points can be customized for each spell level. This will allow each player to set the cost of each level. This supports the UA mystic, allowing them to set level 1 spells to 1 psi, level 2 spells to 2 psi, and so forth.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I use the roll template for a lot of stuff unrelated to ability rolls and the like. I use it to format virtually all feedback, but usually only use the title and text tags. What has changed?

Edited 1524928108
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The whole thing isn't changed, just the fields used for spell points and spell slots.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, no worries, then. I use the sheet macros for heavy lifting. Thanks for the update!

Edited 1524935057
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.0 Features Currency (previously coins or coinage ) is now a repeating section. It defaults to having the 5 currencies of 5e, but their name, acronym, weight, value, and border style can be changed as desired. Additionally more currencies (gems, rocks, or any other currency) can be added as desired. The currency macro now outputs how much of each currency and a total value. Gold is the standard currency as it is in 5e, but that can be changed by changing the values of each currency. So for example the Silver Standard can be used by making Silver's value 1 and the other values as desired. Closes #689: Silver Standard support Let this be an example for why I don't always tackle "small issues". This small issue took 5 hours out of my Saturday. It's a much better implementation, but these things can be a lot of work.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Well, this particular feature is very handy. Thank you.
With version 18.1.0, where did the coin section go to in the character sheet? I just updated it to the latest before our session and was testing it around and it seems to have been vanished from all my players (they still have the attributes)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, looks like I forgot some vital parts of the upgrade: Initialize currency for existing characters Convert old coins If you start a new character you'll see what was intended. Hold off on 18.1.0 until I can fix it tomorrow.
All good, we will just not care about currency this afternoon. Just wanted to make sure it was not something i did wrong.

Edited 1524970264
Do you know if the coin numbers are gone or just missing with the section? I updated and I have little idea how much money my players had.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The old fields still exist. You can find them by using @{NAME|cp}. Same for sp, ep, gp, and pp. I'll remedy it so it works for existing characters in a few hours.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.1 Bug fixes Currency is now generated on upgrade for existing characters and current quantities, weight per coin, and gold equivalent values are upgraded.

Edited 1525039978
@Arthur you'll need to ask the author of that script on the API forum. I think Aaron makes it. I figured this out. I had the Link attribute in the config to Always.

Edited 1525040299
Kryx said: 18.1.0 Features Currency (previously coins or coinage ) is now a repeating section. It defaults to having the 5 currencies of 5e, but their name, acronym, weight, value, and border style can be changed as desired. Additionally more currencies (gems, rocks, or any other currency) can be added as desired. The currency macro now outputs how much of each currency and a total value. Gold is the standard currency as it is in 5e, but that can be changed by changing the values of each currency. So for example the Silver Standard can be used by making Silver's value 1 and the other values as desired. Closes #689: Silver Standard support Let this be an example for why I don't always tackle "small issues". This small issue took 5 hours out of my Saturday. It's a much better implementation, but these things can be a lot of work. How do you add more currency? Say if I wanted to add gems. I'm not seeing an "Add" button.

Edited 1525040379
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Currency settings can be modified on the settings tab. On that tab in edit mode you'll see the ability to add new currencies.

Edited 1525040422
Kryx said: Currency settings can be modified on the settings tab. Ah, got it. Thanx Kryx.
This has been the best character sheet, by far, i have used to date in roll 20. Thanks for your hard work Kryx!
&gt;&nbsp;Currently that is version 6.1.0. Did you mean 16.1.0? Also, there was a Word doc that had some helpful specific ways to use Shaped for Battlemaster, and so on. I can't seem to find that. Someone got it bookmarked?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
See the wiki for class examples.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thorsten B.,&nbsp; Here's the page you are looking for. If ever you have trouble finding the wiki or the issue reporting page, tehre are links at the bottom of every character sheet.
if i've started a campaign in the version late 17's, does it automatically update or do i need to do something to use latest sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Since you are not a Pro, you have almost certainly utilized the drop down selection method, in which case, you will be using the latest stable version that Kryx has pushed to Roll20 (not the same thing as the latest version). It will update automatically whenever Kryx next releases a new version for Roll20 to put into the repository.
Thanks
Hey Kryx, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here, but when I use the Spells Macro on the sheet, it only outputs the Cantrips, and none of the high spells. See images below: Any ideas?

Edited 1525135529
Arthur B. said: Hey Kryx, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here, but when I use the Spells Macro on the sheet, it only outputs the Cantrips, and none of the high spells. See images below: Any ideas? Same for me as well glad I wasn't going crazy
Report it to the&nbsp; Issue Tracker so it's easier for Kryx to see. There are instructions on there on how to format a report.
Issue #713 created within issue tracker.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.2 Bug fixes The spell macro now shows spells from spell level 1 and above.
Kryx said: 18.1.2 Bug fixes The spell macro now shows spells from spell level 1 and above. Thank you for the quick fix Kryx!
Ziaphas Zain said: Kryx said: 18.1.2 Bug fixes The spell macro now shows spells from spell level 1 and above. Thank you for the quick fix Kryx! Thanks big time. Thank you for your hard work on maintaining this sheet Kryx.
Updated the Roll20 Wiki to reference this thread:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Index#D" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Index#D</a>
Since the new layout update (1-2 months ago?), one of my players has lost half of his spells and cannot add the lost ones. I just updated to the latest version manually (from 17.1.1) and I still cannot find a way to fix it. I tried to duplicate his sheet and everything with no different result. I am able to add new spells which he didn't have before, but those that were lost in the new layout cannot be added back. I do get the overlay saying it's processing when I drag and drop a spell from the compendium, but then nothing changes. Any ideas? Thanks
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Upgrading should not cause loss of data. If you can create reproduction steps and post to the&nbsp; error tracker , it might help pin down the problem.

Edited 1525325790
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If he can't add them then they were converted and are there. Please turn off spell filtering as that is almost always the cause in these scenarios.
Hey guys, I have an encounter with 4 Ankhegs. The Ankheg's acid spray is one use and recharges on a 6.&nbsp; When I use the acid spray on one it uses it on all 4.&nbsp; How do I fix this so each acid spray is tracked separately?&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can't without making a sheet for each token. I generally track those kind of things in my head.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could reassign a bubble for those tokens.
Kryx do you have an idea yet when you are going to push the next version to into the public?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
17.1.1 is out. 18.X.X probably not for another week or more, depending on reports that I receive. I haven't heard much from the currency change.
I don't know if this was already suggested, but for the roll Query, could you also make the triple advantage/disadvantage as options? It's just a thought.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Issue tracker Please post any issues or suggestions on the issue tracker.
Really sorry don't&nbsp;know how to use the issue tracker so maybe some else can help me out till Iworkout how to do that right, but I get the error message:&nbsp;Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected For reference, the error message generated was: SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token When moving a token from the monster manual
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The issue tracker is located in the first post above. Click on that link. You will need to create a (free) account with github. I'm guessing you've already imported the Archmage once and expanded the spells (judging by the screenshot)? I think you need to pull your local copy in once it's in the campaign, but I'm not sure. I don't own the Roll20 Monster Manual.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Pigeon, this error message has been noted before, see if you can get any helpful advice from&nbsp; this page . It may just be a matter of re-entering the script.
keithcurtis said: The issue tracker is located in the first post above. Click on that link. You will need to create a (free) account with github. I'm guessing you've already imported the Archmage once and expanded the spells (judging by the screenshot)? I think you need to pull your local copy in once it's in the campaign, but I'm not sure. I don't own the Roll20 Monster Manual. Removed him from the journal as when a dragged them it game me two stat bubbles with 30ft movement??? &nbsp; Have removed all token from my journal stopped and started the script, but still getting the "SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token"&nbsp;&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The bubbles are set by the config function of the script (have you set that up?). Not sure what to say about the error message. I've never gotten it, but try detailing the reproduction steps in the error tracker as a new issue. Kryx can usually tell what's going on much better if he can make it happen for himself, and he addresses bugs in the issue tracker only.
Hope this is the right place to ask? When it comes to dice modifiers for Shaped, I see a tickbox, but where would I put something like a&nbsp;cf&lt;2 or&nbsp;cf&lt;3 for a Gunslinger, and is it possible to cf&lt;2,&nbsp;cf&lt;3 attached to the individual weapons&nbsp;in question? On a semi-related&nbsp;point, is there a better way of tracking things like Grit or Ki points then just in one of the miscellaneous notes sections?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The tick box for dice modifiers allows you to place the roll modifiers into the individual abilities that need them. For instance, you could edit your gun offense item and place the roll modifier in there. When the tick box is not checked, abilities do not display the needed field. As for keeping track of grit or ki points, simply make sure that there is an appropriate class feature in your class features list. Ki is created automatically for the Monk Class I believe, but you will need to create a custom item for Grit. Make sure they have uses and that the uses have a recharge time (long rest/short rest, etc.). You are a pro user, so if you have the Shaped Script, it should automatically decrement those abilities when they are clicked on. To make it more automatic, look in the documentation on how to set up the Battlemaster's Superiority Dice. The same procedure can be adapted to any expendable resource , such as ki or grit.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
By the way, links for both the documentation and the error tracker can be found at the bottom of every sheet.