Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Message of the Day Issue

I'm having problems where when I load up a game the MotD is sent as it should be but is split into multiple whispers: It's also adding in new lines randomly. As you can see there are very few new lines on the MotD handout but it's still adding in returns / new lines when whispering the MotD. Is there any way to fix these problems?
I deleted the script (Which was near the first few scripts in my list) and re-added it to my list of API scripts. Now it is the last script to be loaded. I also went in the script and increased the delay before showing the MotD by double what it was originally. (Not applicable to how I generally see it, which is when I restart the API Sandbox) Ever since I made those 2 changes I have been unable to reproduce the problem.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I wondered if it was some hidden character in the message. If the message was pasted from another file, have you tried it again with exactly the same message, pasted from the same source ?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This happens when the text isn't all on one line, which is when you have embedded carriage returns or line feeds.  Try replacing line 18 with this:         motdText=text.replace(/(\r\n|\r|\n|\n<br>|<br>\n)/gi,'<br>'); I'll see about pushing out a patched version.
Thanks The Aaron I appreciate you taking the time to resolve this issue. I've updated all my game's API scripts.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries. =D  Sorry for the delay.