Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[WOTC] Player's Handbook Bug Reporting Thread

Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No clue if this has been reported but Magic Missile is wrong as dragged from PHB It shows 3d4+1 when dragged in.  The spell generates 3 1d4+1 missles so it should be 3d4+3.  At higher level, the spell fires more 1d4+1 darts.  Currently that's set to 1d4+0.  
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not sure if this is a bug or a simple typo, but for Drow, in the Bio it shows a Drow wearing +1 chainmail has an AC of 19.  However, the Drow AC is 14 and with +1 Chainmail that means the AC would be 16.  So either the Bio is wrong or the Drow Dex is wrong at 14 and should be 16.  
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
More on the minor details side, but many of the spells have "at higher levels" built into the main description.  Shouldn't that be in the "At Higher Levels" dedicated section?  
Hello! I'm having trouble accessing the art assets. I read through this thread, and tried searching "Players Handbook" in my art library, but didn't get any results. I checked to make sure that I had actually purchased the bundle, and I have. What should I do now?
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Seth T. said: Hello! I'm having trouble accessing the art assets. I read through this thread, and tried searching "Players Handbook" in my art library, but didn't get any results. I checked to make sure that I had actually purchased the bundle, and I have. What should I do now? The art assets should be in your art library in the Premium Assets tab under Marketplace Purchases -> Player's Handbook Character Asset Pack
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Bug Report: Three of the art assets (handout Elf, handout Human 3, and handout Monk) have lowercase "h"s instead of uppercase for their name. Because of this, they do not sort correctly with the other Handout items (appearing at the bottom of the list of assets instead of in the middle with the other "H" names).
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Victor - For the Drow, is this a Monster Manual token? Can you screencap for me please? Loren - I need to check if we can adjust that without rebuilding the whole batch. Thanks for the report!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Trivia - ignore the Drow AC is correctly list at 19 with +1 chain.  

Edited 1531253839
I looked through this post and couldn't seem to find it. I thought there was a fix for missing DC on spellcasting NPCs? I'm getting DC0 on all my spell for a 4th level caster with +2 prof / +2 attribute bonus. I thought I had read that in this post how to resolve this. Like even when I change the modifier to +12
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Jeremy, could the fix have been in the Character Sheet thread? -&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6535262/5th-edition-ogl-by-roll20-v-2-dot-3" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6535262/5th-edition-ogl-by-roll20-v-2-dot-3</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Jeremy. The tip is here , in that thread.
That was it, I'll throw the fix here in case anyone comes looking - A simple workaround for the spell DC 0 bug is to change the creature's CR. You can immediately change it back, it should still work.
Animate dead shows a casting time of 1 action, where the hardcover phb shows 1 minute.&nbsp; This appears in the basic compendium as well.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
InfraBlack said (elsewhere): Quit game, restarted, go to compendium, type "enlarge".&nbsp; The enlarge/reduce spell appears.&nbsp; The SRD one opens and displays properly, the PHB one (which I purchased) pops up a panel that says "Page not found".&nbsp; Same effect if I go to the potion of diminution and click the link to Enlarge/Reduce that is found there. (which is actually how I tripped onto this) Chrome&nbsp; Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit), up to date. Windows 7
Re: enlarge spell "page not found":&nbsp; I also cleared cache in the browser, and repeated with same result.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the reports, Enlarge/Reduce and Blindness/Deafness are currently not showing up correctly. I've escalated this issue :)
monks starting gold says 5d4 x10 gp its ment to just be 5d4
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Updates for Higher Level Spellcasting are going out as we speak!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Cantrips, Flame Blade, and Spiritual Weapon are not currently updated, but the rest of the PHB and SRD spells should be. Please let me know if you're having any problems with spells that do not fit in those categories.
Immediately after purchasing the Player's Handbook I noticed that I could no longer drag and drop a monster from the Monster Manual. When I try, a token is created, but it has no stats and is the wrong size. This is frustrating as a DM. The reason I purchased the MM on Roll20 was so that I could do just that. Drop a monster into an encounter on the fly. Now I have to drag and drop. Then stop the game and take the time to manually type in all the info into the NPC sheet created at the time of the drop. In fact. It doesn't even create an NPC sheet. It creates a blank PC sheet that I have to change to an NPC sheet, but then its still blank. If I had known that purchasing the PH would invalidate the most used feature of my MM purchase, then I probably wouldn't have bought the PH on Roll20. As a DM I use the MM much more than I do the PH.&nbsp; Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I was hesitant to bring this up because I assumed such a glaring error would be rectified quickly, but I've been creeping through the forums and I haven't seen any mention of this. BTW, I run between 4 and 6 games a week on Roll20 and this same problem exist in all my games.&nbsp; Thanks in advance for any help you can give, Andy
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Andy - I have escalated your issue and one of us will get back to you ASAP. If I could also have you email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> with a console log following Step 4 here, that should help us figure out the problem -&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues#Step_4:_Provide_a_bug_report" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues#Step_4:_Provide_a_bug_report</a>
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
InfraBlack said: Re: enlarge spell "page not found":&nbsp; I also cleared cache in the browser, and repeated with same result. Thanks for the report! A fix for this page and similar ones (with "/" in the names) went live today.
A friend gifted me the PHB Bundle.&nbsp; It shows that I own it under my Marketplace but it doesn't appear in my games (Compendium, Character Sheet, Premium Assets). Thank you.&nbsp;

Edited 1532634851
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Hi Raemond, Could you provide a screenshot of what you see when clicking on the "Background" Category? Additionally, if you create a new game using the 5E compendium do you notice the same behavior? Raemond C. said: A friend gifted me the PHB Bundle.&nbsp; It shows that I own it under my Marketplace but it doesn't appear in my games (Compendium, Character Sheet, Premium Assets). Thank you.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Hello Drespar, I did try creating another game and had the same results. Thank you.
Any updates or ideas about what I might do to resolve this issue? Thanks Drespar said: Hi Raemond, Could you provide a screenshot of what you see when clicking on the "Background" Category? Additionally, if you create a new game using the 5E compendium do you notice the same behavior? Raemond C. said: A friend gifted me the PHB Bundle.&nbsp; It shows that I own it under my Marketplace but it doesn't appear in my games (Compendium, Character Sheet, Premium Assets). Thank you.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Could you PM me a link to the profile of the friend who gifted you the PHB? Thank you! Raemond C. said: Any updates or ideas about what I might do to resolve this issue? Thanks Drespar said: Hi Raemond, Could you provide a screenshot of what you see when clicking on the "Background" Category? Additionally, if you create a new game using the 5E compendium do you notice the same behavior? Raemond C. said: A friend gifted me the PHB Bundle.&nbsp; It shows that I own it under my Marketplace but it doesn't appear in my games (Compendium, Character Sheet, Premium Assets). Thank you.&nbsp;&nbsp;
The cantrip Sacred Flame should require a DEX save but is set to NONE
Shatter should require a CON saving throw
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Bad DM - both have been updated, thank you!
A month in and we still can't drag class features =/ I bought this mostly for ease of use, I wanted to be able to quickly drag and drop features, manoeuvres and the like. Pretty disappointed to be honest.
Jay said: A month in and we still can't drag class features =/ I bought this mostly for ease of use, I wanted to be able to quickly drag and drop features, manoeuvres and the like. Pretty disappointed to be honest. To be fair you weren't able to drag and drop class features prior to the Charactermancer&nbsp;either.
Quick question - after the PHB purchase, why isn't the Spell List pulling from the PHB rather than the SRD? Is there an easy way to see complete lists, or no?
jeff i am not sure what you mean I can search for Sacred Flame and it pulls from PHB and to see say a complete cleric list i just type cleric and i i have a list by level or alphabetical

Edited 1533591598
B ad DM [Matthew P.] said: and to see say a complete cleric list i just type cleric and i i have a list by level or alphabetical As you can see in your second picture, if you were to click on either "Cleric Spells by Level" or "Cleric Spells by Name" it would pull the lists from the SRD rather than the PHB, which means that several spells would be missing from the list.
You can search for cleric spells in the PHB as well, but in a different way. Namely, you click on the Spells category first and then click the filter results &nbsp;button just under the search bar. Using this filter you can search for spells for a specific class and even of specific level(s).

Edited 1533592516
Kyle G. said: You can search for cleric spells in the PHB as well, but in a different way. Namely, you click on the Spells category first and then click the filter results &nbsp;button just under the search bar. Using this filter you can search for spells for a specific class and even of specific level(s). That's good to know, thanks! That seems to work, but it would still be nice if the Spells List would pull from the PHB rather than the SRD, mainly because the spells list opens in one window and you can quickly view different spells by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to the spell's name, rather than having to open and load a new window in Roll20 anytime you wanted to look at a different spell using the method you described. Also, being able to sort the spell list by level is handy.
I totally agree with Cody here. I've purchased the PHB, and I would expect it to replace nearly every single reference to the SRD. I shouldn't have to search differently to leverage content I've paid for. Granted, I use the method Kyle states, but it should still be consistent across the platform.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks for your feedback everyone, for clarification: The compendium will prioritize the PHB versions of spells (and all content) over the SRD versions if you own it. The Class Spells by Level and Class Spells by Name list pages were created before the Compendium Search got an upgrade (before my time on the team) and are depreciated pages. I will have a talk internally about how to handle them in a way that makes sense outside of just a delete.&nbsp;&nbsp; And also to note: We also want all class abilities to drag-and drop to the sheet. It was outside the scope of the initial Charactermancer &amp; PHB launch, as folks have said. It wasn't possible before the PHB was released either on SRD content, however, it is being worked on. It's something we are all excited about and looking forward to implementing when it's ready! I will be sure to make an announcement on this thread when I have a timeframe.
Trivia said: And also to note: We also want all class abilities to drag-and drop to the sheet. It was outside the scope of the initial Charactermancer &amp; PHB launch, as folks have said. It wasn't possible before the PHB was released either on SRD content, however, it is being worked on. It's something we are all excited about and looking forward to implementing when it's ready! I will be sure to make an announcement on this thread when I have a timeframe. This is most excellent news!
Fantastic, I eagerly await this ! Trivia said: Thanks for your feedback everyone, for clarification: The compendium will prioritize the PHB versions of spells (and all content) over the SRD versions if you own it. The Class Spells by Level and Class Spells by Name list pages were created before the Compendium Search got an upgrade (before my time on the team) and are depreciated pages. I will have a talk internally about how to handle them in a way that makes sense outside of just a delete.&nbsp;&nbsp; And also to note: We also want all class abilities to drag-and drop to the sheet. It was outside the scope of the initial Charactermancer &amp; PHB launch, as folks have said. It wasn't possible before the PHB was released either on SRD content, however, it is being worked on. It's something we are all excited about and looking forward to implementing when it's ready! I will be sure to make an announcement on this thread when I have a timeframe.

Edited 1534373956
There is a typo in the spell "Fly." It has&nbsp; Srocerer listed as a class instead of&nbsp; Sorcerer, and isn't showing up when you filter the spell list to show sorcerer only spells.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Cody! Fixed :)
Wunder said: After buying the PHB, it has made accessing the out of game compendium a hassle. Going to a page like&nbsp; Combat &nbsp;now just lists the splash page for combat and I have to click through various pages to see the content I want, and even then some of it is lost. Searching for rules also turns up some both duplicate and missing pages such as&nbsp; Grappling &nbsp;where I get the error "No matching pages found for those terms" even though they showed up in the search bar.&nbsp; Overall it feels like there's some crossed wires somewhere attempting to integrate the PHB information alongside the SRD and it's making me regret purchasing the PHB, since the additional benefits are mainly around character creation and a few missing spells. While that's great, I already have an established game with built characters so taking the compendium hit for $20 is not worth it at all. If this was a clear issue that's being worked on already then I apologize, hope it gets fixed soon! Is the section highlighted above on someone's radar? It's really annoying and seems like it should be pretty trivial to fix...
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Evan - we have been working on a strategy to make the Compendium Auto Linking more useful. The Grappling rule in particular is not working in an intuitive manner. So yes, on radar, but still needing some work to see how to best implement.&nbsp;
Trivia said: Hi Evan - we have been working on a strategy to make the Compendium Auto Linking more useful. The Grappling rule in particular is not working in an intuitive manner. So yes, on radar, but still needing some work to see how to best implement.&nbsp; Thanks for the reply! I honestly didn't even realise that I could click Next Page and get to the content until I saw Wunder's post. Just goes to show how convenient the SRD layout was! As a suggestion, could this one go onto the known issues list on the first post? Thanks again for everyone's hard work getting the PHB implemented!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Evan - Done! The search has been off since before the PHB release, I didn't even think to add it as a known issue. Thanks for the suggestion! :)
Packs are all empty now - when I dragged them to my sheets before, they had a weight and a description with the items in them. Now all of the packs have no weight, and no descriptions.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have passed this on to the devs.