Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

8/18/18 Firebase Connection Issues

Edited 1534627505
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Hi everyone! Gameplay Firebase shard 20 (of thirty) is down. Games hosted on this shard are currently the only ones affected. Below you can find a few resources to keep up with the most up to day information. Firebase Server Status:&nbsp; <a href="https://status.firebase.google.com/" rel="nofollow">https://status.firebase.google.com/</a> Roll20 Shard Status:&nbsp; <a href="http://status.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://status.roll20.net/</a> Unfortunately, we are unable to offer an ETA at this time for a resolution. However, our devs are actively looking into the situation so we can get everyone rolling again! Sorry for the inconvenience!
Shards 9 and 24 have been showing some intermittent downtime, but are up and running for the time being.

Edited 1534775507
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Previous posts regarding this outage: Game stuck on black loading screen Roll20 won't load just one of our campaigns Game (w)ont load Game crashing for GM and all players repeatedly tonight
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
My campaign (which was down a few minutes ago) now loads again.

Edited 1534629332
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Shard 20 seems to be up as well for the time being. We are keeping a close eye on it in case it acts up again. Edit: Glad to hear Tony! :)
Our connection just went down about 10 minutes ago.&nbsp; I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the technical language and have not idea which "shard" we are on in order to check the status.&nbsp; Has there been any new developments on this?
My game is having issues loading as well. Any update?
None of my API's are working...awaiting update on situation...
Same issue here, my game just crashed and I'm stucked on the loading screem. Tried to create a new game but can't load my module (Lost Mine of Phandelver).
Due to this ongoing instability with Firebase, we are temporarily disabling some functions including game patching and addon inclusion.
Is there any kind of an ETA on when this may be rectified? Even a broad answer would be appreciated. Hours, days, weeks? If the answer is in the weeks category, I find it more than a little discouraging that content is available for purchase that I cannot use. There is also no mention on the purchase screen for these products that there is an ongoing issue that prevents using your purchase. You don't find out until you try and activate it with your game. That feels a little dishonest...
Sean R. said: Is there any kind of an ETA on when this may be rectified? Even a broad answer would be appreciated. Hours, days, weeks? If the answer is in the weeks category, I find it more than a little discouraging that content is available for purchase that I cannot use. There is also no mention on the purchase screen for these products that there is an ongoing issue that prevents using your purchase. You don't find out until you try and activate it with your game. That feels a little dishonest... Yeah. I just bought an Addon today only to find it's rendered completely unusable. I understand this is an issue beyond their control but a little more clarification would have been nice.
I'm assuming that this is due to the Firebase issues, but I got this error when trying to post a new topic on one of my game forums:&nbsp; 0a7915044aea4089b589e12242618730
Currently we have no updates from Google/Firebase. Which is frustrating, as the problems here point to a change on their part. That said, we're working on some solutions that can circumnavigate the issues eventually. In the meantime, we do not have an ETA on the ability to utilize add-on's. We'll be meeting throughout the day on plans of attack.

Edited 1534786818
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Just a heads up for everyone! We will be re-enabling addon inclusion functionality so we can test the game shards. We will be keeping a close eye on how things evolve and if shards go down again. Keep in mind that if shards begin to go down again, we will need to disable addons temporarily once again. Thank you everyone for your understanding while we get things running smoothly! EDIT: Unfortunately, our test was unsuccessful. We will be working on making some changes while waiting on Firebase to try and circumvent this issue. As such, addon inclusion functionality will need to be temporarily disabled once again. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!
Thanks for the update!&nbsp;
Hi everyone! So we have pushed an update that re-enables addons and patches. It is a temporary fix, so it might be a bit slower. A permanent fix is coming-- Firebase has gotten back to us and are investigating the root cause.
Can you tell me please...does "addons" include API's? All of my API's have been dead for days now...