This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Lighting: Player Token sight is about 5x what it should be and 'multiplier' feature seems to have no impact (plus or minus)

I created a token with my best bet at 5e darkvision out to 60 ft but the dark vision extends for closer to 5X that amount. Here are my settings:
Trial and error shows that if I set the light radius to approx 1/4 of whatever I actually want it to be, it ends up pretty close to the goal. For example a light radius of 15/-5 gives a true radius of about 57ft measured with the line tool....
Can you post your map settings? I have a feeling the problem is likely with your map scale.

So with those settings, your light should extend for 15 squares (60ft รท 4 ft/square). You are getting light that extends out to 75 squares (15 squares x 5)?
I finally figured it out. I had a torch sitting in a corner with light settings that were affecting all of the player tokens and it was bright enough to lighten the entire map...
It's always something, isn't it? Glad you got it sorted out. I'll go ahead and summon a mod to close this one.