Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Pathfinder Mob/Character Importer

Askren I will take a look at it to see what is up with hero lab output. The "@{selected|bar1}" are specific to way I set up my campaign, the players can use the green and blue circle fields above their tokens to temporarily add +/- damage and attacks. You can just strip those out.
Askren can you attach the character text that is giving errors. I went through a couple and they imported OK.
So I'm not sure if it's all of the outputs or just some of them. I know, for example, when I loaded this guy up and hit his shortsword attack macro, the die would read "1d20 + 2 + = (8)", rather than (8)+2, meaning that the modifier wasn't being added. I only really got to use a bunch of these enemies and a few others, but I fixed the macros before most of them fought so I don't know if it was a widespread thing. -------------------------------------- Goblin XP 135 Male Goblin Warrior 1 NE Small humanoid (goblinoid) Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1 -------------------- Defense -------------------- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+2 armor, +1 shield, +2 Dex, +1 size) hp 6 (1d10+2) Fort +3, Ref +2, Will -1 -------------------- Offense -------------------- Speed 30 ft. Melee shortsword +2 (1d4/19-20) Ranged shortbow +4 (1d4/×3) -------------------- Statistics -------------------- Str 11, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 6 Base Atk +1; CMB +0; CMD 12 Feats Improved Initiative Skills Ride +9, Stealth +9, Swim +3; Racial Modifiers +4 Ride, +4 Stealth Languages Goblin Other Gear leather armor, light wooden shield, arrows (20), shortbow, shortsword -------------------- ECOLOGY -------------------- Environment Temperate forest and plains (usually coastal regions) Organization Gang (4-9), warband (10-16 with goblin dog mounts), or tribe (17+ plus 100% noncombatants; 1 sergeant of 3rd level per 20 adults; 1 or 2 lieutenants of 4th or 5th level; 1 leader of 6th-8th level; and 10-40 goblin dogs, wolves, or worgs) Treasure NPC gear (leather armor, light wooden shield, short sword, short bow with 20 arrows, other treasure) -------------------- Special Abilities -------------------- Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).

Edited 1397009912
Askren said: So I'm not sure if it's all of the outputs or just some of them. I know, for example, when I loaded this guy up and hit his shortsword attack macro, the die would read "1d20 + 2 + = (8)", rather than (8)+2, meaning that the modifier wasn't being added. I only really got to use a bunch of these enemies and a few others, but I fixed the macros before most of them fought so I don't know if it was a widespread thing. -------------------------------------- Goblin XP 135 Male Goblin Warrior 1 NE Small humanoid (goblinoid) Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception -1 -------------------- Defense -------------------- AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+2 armor, +1 shield, +2 Dex, +1 size) hp 6 (1d10+2) Fort +3, Ref +2, Will -1 -------------------- Offense -------------------- Speed 30 ft. Melee shortsword +2 (1d4/19-20) Ranged shortbow +4 (1d4/×3) -------------------- Statistics -------------------- Str 11, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 6 Base Atk +1; CMB +0; CMD 12 Feats Improved Initiative Skills Ride +9, Stealth +9, Swim +3; Racial Modifiers +4 Ride, +4 Stealth Languages Goblin Other Gear leather armor, light wooden shield, arrows (20), shortbow, shortsword -------------------- ECOLOGY -------------------- Environment Temperate forest and plains (usually coastal regions) Organization Gang (4-9), warband (10-16 with goblin dog mounts), or tribe (17+ plus 100% noncombatants; 1 sergeant of 3rd level per 20 adults; 1 or 2 lieutenants of 4th or 5th level; 1 leader of 6th-8th level; and 10-40 goblin dogs, wolves, or worgs) Treasure NPC gear (leather armor, light wooden shield, short sword, short bow with 20 arrows, other treasure) -------------------- Special Abilities -------------------- Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only). That stat block didnt work for me either. The one from the PRD works great for me though.
I'd use the PRD, but unfortunately the Adventure Path I'm running has no pages for some of the custom monsters, so I have to rely on the community-made HeroLab files for them. Which is fine, it's just throwing some errors when imported.
If you run it through notepad does it work ok? IE paste into notepad, reselect everything in notepad and copy, and then paste into the GM Notes. I am seeing some strange style information but not sure if it is originally there or something the forum added. The "1d20 + 2 + = (8)" might be caused by the "@{selected|bar1}" which you can remove at line 438 and 460, just remove that bit of text and see if you still get it.
Holy crap! this is amazing. Looks like im becoming a mentor for this thank you for all your hard work.
Would this script work with the new Character Sheet that was implemented on Data Delve?
It still generally works as it previously did (though there is a bit of an issue with AC because the name of it conflicts with the sheet itself). I have started tinkering with the idea of trying to modify this script to try to import into the "NPC sheet", but it's pretty complex, so I haven't had much luck so far. Was hoping someone might be interested in making this happen because this saves a tremendous amount of setup time for games.
Well, since this script might have been created before the Data Delve update, I thought there would have some kind of issues (specially with the variables names and so on...) Indeed this is hard task for such a poor "Padawan" with lack of scripting skills like me to adjust that... It would be fantastic to have it working with the new update. It seems that it could fill in the character sheet in an eye blink! How dope would be that?!
Import to NPC sheet - PRICELESS!!!