Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Official Bug Thread

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Sven - This must be changed in the Game Settings page -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page</a> You may need to try switching to Query first, and then to the setting you desire. Please let me know if you have any issues with changing it, I have received some reports that folks cannot change it and every report helps :)
Hi Trivia Thank You for the response . I tried that it did not help .
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
It worked for me. Thanks &lt;3&nbsp; Trivia said: Hi Sven - This must be changed in the Game Settings page -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page</a> You may need to try switching to Query first, and then to the setting you desire. Please let me know if you have any issues with changing it, I have received some reports that folks cannot change it and every report helps :)
The character sheet for volo links to a nonexistent handout.&nbsp;

Edited 1544397260
We have 2 unmarked areas of level 23. 5. Magical Repository "... Dome. &nbsp; A deep, 20-foot-high alcove in the north wall contains four &nbsp; invisible stalkers &nbsp;trapped inside an invisible, dome-shaped wall of force rising from the floor. (Any items that Halaster removed from the mine carts in level 15, area 1, lie on the floor inside the dome. The dome appears to contain nothing else.)..." Said space is not marked. On the screenshot I have included marked the space that in fact is noted in the map in the book version. This should be noted on the GM layer so that only the GM knows exactly where this dome of force is. 6a. Lightning Pillars "... Creatures standing outside the hall are safe, as are creatures within the 20-foot-square space marked on map 23..." Said space is not marked on map 23. On the screenshot I have included I changed the map maker "6A" to mark the safe spot. This notation should be made on the GM layer as you don't want your players to know where the safe spot is. Much love fore my Roll20 Family! The Wicked Magic Eater is here for you. -Arcanavore
Just bought the adventure, None of the monsters or NPCs are showing up on any of the maps?
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Michael W. said: Just bought the adventure, None of the monsters or NPCs are showing up on any of the maps? Did you start a new game using the module, or add it as an add on? To get the whole content make sure you start a new game.
Level 23 Room 9B The trapped a deva named Aryx on the GM layer is missing his name on the Token. It just says Deva.
Level 23 Room 6B The trapped pit fiend named Kastzanedes on the GM Layer is missing his name on the Token. It just says Pit Fiend.

Edited 1544595740
Stalagma Steelshadow's "Breath Weapons" entry references her cold breath which should read acid breath.

Edited 1544637655
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Arcanavore for being so good at finding these :) We'll be updating them in the next round of patches, which may be a little bit due to current production tasks + the holidays
Level 6 15b there is a note about how roll20 has created a token for bigby's hand but there is no token in this room for that (object and GM) and a search through the journal reveals no such token.
Level 6 33a, the room mentions that when the statues block all 4 exits to the room the Bulette attacks but the room doesn't actually say how the statues move, I think there could be some text missing in this room as the trap is poorly explained.&nbsp;
level 6 36c, There is meant to be 2 invisible gray slaadi in this room but their are no tokens for them on the GM layer.

Edited 1544952886
Hello Heroes! The Flying Trident character sheet has an attack action of Longsword. I messed up and already replaced it on my the sheet. The below screen shot is what it should look like, I believe... I get that in the book it probably notates that the trident damage wise is the same but I would definitely have a little laugh when the output from the Trident attack goes "Longsword". Personally I like the idea of a Flying Trident Throwing itself the 20 feet of its weapon range. I checked and the flying sword has an identical speed. Happy gaming all!
The token for the intellect devourer doesn't have the bubble for the AC filled, it should be 12.
With Shadowy duplicates they are listed as constructs it, from what I see from the stat block it resembles a shadow which is listed as undead.
Level 7, Area 37, Button 4. The arcane lock spell link instead directs you to the lock from the adventuring gear table.
Cyrens Maps
Marketplace Creator
Level 5, area 4e. The illusory wall is not marked right. In the description:&nbsp; Illusory Wall. &nbsp;A 20-foot-square section of wall south of area 4d is illusory and conceals a tunnel. The illusory wall has no substance, and creatures can pass right through it. A successful&nbsp; dispel magic &nbsp;spell (DC 17) dispels the illusion. Area 4d is the portcullis up to the right.&nbsp; It seems the original description the map maker read said there was bars instead of the illusory wall.&nbsp;
Forgive me if this has been touched upon in the thread, but I noticed that the Upper Skullport map has the same squares as the DotMM map, except that each square equals 5 rather than 10 feet. It looks like the Mid and Lower maps are at the right scale, but this one is not: the bridges are 5 feet across rather than 10'. Accordingly most of the buildings (including the purple worm tavern) are really cramped.
On level 8 Area 15c, shouldn't there be 2 spirit nagas there?
I just purchased the Dungeon of the mad mage module (with map and card packs) 50$ purchase... I am unable to add the module to a game and the only option I have is the Map and Card Packs. If loading the map and card packs the levels are bare of everything. What do?
You cannot load Dungeon of the Mad Mage into an existing game. Please see the notes on the Marketplace page for DotMM, specifically where it says: How do I access all of my content? Create a new game and choose Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage from the module list. See the Marketplace Module wiki for more information.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rabulais has the right of it. Add-ons are smaller and get added to existing games. Modules are usually so large that they would make an existing game unwieldy, or at least difficult to navigate. The way to use a module with existing characters would be to create the new game and use the Character Vault to move the PCs into it.
The mind-flayer arcanist doesn't have spells in it's spellcasting sheet (they're in the traits area though).
Level 10 Area 26. There should be 7 drow in the room. Level 10 Area 25c. One of the drow mages doesn't have a name. Level 11 Area 13's text appears twice. Level 13 Area 12c There is no X on the map.
Level 15 Area 2: There is no covered pit marker. Level 15 (not sure if it's level exclusive) The death tyrant hyperlink takes you to the card in the secrets deck.
Level 15 Area 13a. Just a suggestion. It would be handy if there was a token for the ice devil off the map.

Edited 1548903822
Level 15: The golem in Area 23, the gelatinous cube in Area 2, and the unseen servant in Area 12 should probably be on the GM layer.
Level 15 Area 35 The figurine of wonderous power doesn't have a hyperlink.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Checking in to say thanks folks - Seeing all these reports and logging them for the next patch fix :)

Edited 1549475704
I'm sorry if this has been answered before.&nbsp; But, the maps are written as 1 square = 10 feet.&nbsp; How do people handle this when you typically play with 1 square = 5 feet.&nbsp; Do you just ignore it and play as if the dungeon is shrunken in half? This has somehow screwed up their vision too.&nbsp; Everyone can only see half the distance they normally can.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Eric V. said: I'm sorry if this has been answered before.&nbsp; But, the maps are written as 1 square = 10 feet.&nbsp; How do people handle this when you typically play with 1 square = 5 feet.&nbsp; Do you just ignore it and play as if the dungeon is shrunken in half? This has somehow screwed up their vision too.&nbsp; Everyone can only see half the distance they normally can. The maps on Roll20 are already set to 5 foot square grids (1 unit = 10 feet, grid = .5 units, = 5 foot squares on the map), so there isn't any problem with them. The vision issues of half distance are a known bug that was introduced in the recent Fog of War/Animation update. You can read more about that and any progress the devs are making on fixing it here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7160288/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7160288/</a>
Thanks Loren!&nbsp; I compared the Roll20 map to the book map and you're right.&nbsp; I guess we were having lighting problems and I was wierded out by seeing squares = 10 feet.&nbsp; Glad to know they are working on the lighting!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Loren! :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Patch Day!&nbsp; ----------------------- Patch 1.3 Bestiary Flying Trident attack name updated to “Trident” and now accurately reflects damage type Ice Devil added to module Intellect Devourer token now accurately reflects AC Mind Flayer Arcanist now has spells added to character sheet Stalagma Steelshadow’s breath weapon now accurately reflects damage type Volo “Volothamp” Geddarm now links correctly to his art handout Maps Area token moved to GM layer in area 13a of level 3 Dynamic lighting updated for illusory wall in area 4e of level 5 Bigby’s Hand token added to GM layer in area 15b of level 6 Gray Slaadi added to GM layer in area 36c of level 6 (room number moved to accommodate additions) Spirit Nagas added to GM layer in area 15c of level 8 Drow added to map in area 26 of level 10 Syrrak Argonrae’s token named in area 25c of level 10 X added to map in area 12c of level 13 Covered pit marker added to map, gelatinous cube moved to appropriate place and GM layer in area 2 of level 15 Living unseen servant moved to GM layer in area 12 of level 15 Ice devil added to GM layer in area 13a of level 15 Stone golem moved to GM layer in area 23 of level 15 Dotted circle added on GM layer in area 5 of level 23 Square added on GM layer in area 6a of level 23 Aryx now correctly named in room 9B of level 23 Skullport Upper grid size updated to 5 ft. per square and all tokens on map to correspond to updated size Fixed Kuo Toa AC in area 10b of Skullport Text/Links Arcane Lock &nbsp;spell link updated in area 37 of level 7 Redundant text removed for area 13 of level 11 Death tyrant links updated in level 15 Figurine of Wondrous Power &nbsp;linked in area 35 of level 15
I didn't see in this thread where my question would be answered, unless I'm just completely blind. I just bought the module, and I was looking through it getting ready to set everything up for my campaign. One thing I noticed is that there is nothing that is designated to tell me what to read to my party. Unless I am just an idiot and can't read properly. I'm used to the books where that stuff is in grayish blocks, and other games I have on here where it is clearly noted what to read to my party.&nbsp; I saw nothing like that in any of the handouts for this module. Am I simply blind as a bat, stupid and unable to read properly, or is there nothing designated for me to read to my party when they enter a room or area?
It's a good question. But unfortunately this module doesn't have the nice room descriptions that we all love so much. It's the same in the proper book too. - I think that the theory is, that you will read the FACTUAL text and then put it into your own words. - Pretty disappointing to be honest, but blame Wizards of the Coast, not roll20. Also, If you think that's disappointing, that's nothing! Wait until you reach the pretty much empty and abandoned Skullport. :(
I'm not finding the option to addon seasons anywhere
Michael K. said: I'm not finding the option to addon seasons anywhere Seasons? - Aren't seasons a Dragon Heist thing? This is the Dungeon of the mad mage thread. That said, I don't really &nbsp;know much about it, so please feel free to ignore me, or the mods&nbsp; can delete my comment :)
My module has NOTHING in it. its completely blank and now today it says its no longer for sale..........
It looks like it's still available. - I just checked here: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/27/waterdeep-dungeon-of-the-mad-mage" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/27/waterdeep-dungeon-of-the-mad-mage</a> Did you make a completely new game and make sure to select it in the 'Optional: Choose a Module' section on the right hand side of the page?
Hello David Q., David Q. said: My module has NOTHING in it. its completely blank and now today it says its no longer for sale.......... Can you provide us more details on how you are trying to access the module and set up the game?&nbsp; Additionally, the Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage is still available.
This is more request than bug; for those who move on from Dragon Heist to Mad Mage, a lot of backstory materials, outside of char data, gets left behind in the old, and is not replicated in the new. &nbsp;Can there not be an add on in either module that has the ch1-3 or 4 mapsand add ons in DH (like the DH season packages- very nice trick that) so they can be accessible in Mad Mage for those who need them? After spending so much on both, it’d be very nice if some attempt is made to allow GMs to maintain continuity in thier games. &nbsp;Maybe your premium tier GMs can do this, but that’s a very high fiscal bar for some, and uncertain due to copyright restrictions. &nbsp;
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
DM Anselem said: This is more request than bug; for those who move on from Dragon Heist to Mad Mage, a lot of backstory materials, outside of char data, gets left behind in the old, and is not replicated in the new. &nbsp;Can there not be an add on in either module that has the ch1-3 or 4 mapsand add ons in DH (like the DH season packages- very nice trick that) so they can be accessible in Mad Mage for those who need them? After spending so much on both, it’d be very nice if some attempt is made to allow GMs to maintain continuity in thier games. &nbsp;Maybe your premium tier GMs can do this, but that’s a very high fiscal bar for some, and uncertain due to copyright restrictions. &nbsp; The Transmogrifier allows copying of game materials (such as maps, handouts, characters, etc.) between games. As you say, this is a Pro account perk, but the functionality is there at that subscription level.
um so i updated one of my games with the newest patch, and lost all my handouts i'm running this game over the next few days,&nbsp;
Hello Sleepy, Sleepy said: um so i updated one of my games with the newest patch, and lost all my handouts i'm running this game over the next few days,&nbsp; Can you provide us the name of the campaign you are having this issue with? Additionally, please try the following troubleshooting steps from&nbsp; our guide to&nbsp; Solving Technical Issues ,&nbsp;to rule out potential issues:&nbsp; Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome&nbsp; and&nbsp; Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable&nbsp; all&nbsp; add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache Let us know if these steps do not help.
Hello, I just purchased the Game Addon of Dugeon of The Mad Mage Maps and Decks. I loaded the Game Addon and only have access to the decks, none of the 20 something maps are there.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Jordan D. said: Hello, I just purchased the Game Addon of Dugeon of The Mad Mage Maps and Decks. I loaded the Game Addon and only have access to the decks, none of the 20 something maps are there. The maps won't be in your handouts or decks, but rather in the map bar at the top of the screen. A lot of people miss that, so just want to double-check that you had looked there.