Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Paizo] Rise of the Runelords Bug Thread

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Ralph - Thanks so much! If you add in the Random Encounter Addon, are the links still broken?
Wow. That was an obvious miss on my part. Working great now!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
No worries! The creatures that only appear in random encounters (ie: non crucial) were moved to that addon to reduce game lag, but it did cause some links to fail in the process. I just wanted to make sure that the hotfix to the module didn't cause any unforseen bugs! :)

Edited 1558480421
Minor inconsistency with the book here:  On the Foxglove Manor map, the dynamic lighting allows players to look in through windows.  The AP states " The windows themselves are curtained from the inside, " on page 90.  It is further mentioned that the windows have " grime-encrusted panes of glass in their frames ". If these products are updated, the windows should be closed with deletable dynamic lighting layers. Overall a totally awesome product! EDIT. It also seems like the Dynamic Lighting was entirely forgotten for the Upper Floor and the Attic.  
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Andrew, added it to the list of things to check out on the next patch sweep!
Here is another one.  The Carrionstorm located on the Foxglove Manor Map need to be resized. While it is a composed of tiny creatures, a swarm has a space of 10 ft.  It should be a 2x2 square.
The description for the wand of shocking grasp  item talks about how it heals undead, which my players pointed out as incredibly useful for our necromancer and not at all working as intended.
Erylium's saving throws are all set to +0.
Bug - The Hat of Disguise found under the Foxglove Manor link to its parent spell "Disguise Self" in its description. However, it links to the DnD 5e version, and not the Pathfinder version of the spell.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you all for your reports!
The Rat Swarms in the Kitchen (B25) of Foxglove manor should be placed inside of the pantry (B27) instead.  The rats only enter the Kitchen 1d3 rounds after hearing a noise.
Literally the most minor of edits, but in the descriptions of Sandpoint: Hinterlands, the listing for Dragon's Punchbowl  isn't bolded.

Edited 1561431965
Literally brand new to Roll20. I learned that you can hold shift and double press on a monster to bring up stat block. Ok cool, that works! But on the Thistletop map, it doesn't work for any of the goblins?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
James - Are the goblins perhaps on the GM layer? If that's the case, you'll need to navigate to the GM layer and then shift double click :)
Furtive
Forum Champion
i noticed the map for the north gate is missing. the physical flip-map product, it's the backside of the town square map that is the first encounter that is titled as "Swallowtail Festival", it's needed for the "Die Dog Die" encounter and the start of the dragon attack / giant raid.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Furtive - we only have access to the files from the book specifically - you are asking about a map that was included in a separate Pathfinder product?
Trivia said: James - Are the goblins perhaps on the GM layer? If that's the case, you'll need to navigate to the GM layer and then shift double click :) I checked that. I am on the correct layer because I am able to edit the token. But shift double click for goblins does not open it up. Any other monster on the same layer is fine. It looks like the "Thistletop Goblin" tokens don't actually have a 'monster' assigned to it. Under the "Represents Character" section. I had wondered if i messed something up so i deleted my game entirely and re-made it. Same problem. It would be easy enough to just assign them all real quick except I don't see a monster named "Thistletop goblin" to assign it to. Not even just "goblin". Should I just assign Goblin Pyro or Warchanter to the token instead?
Furtive said: i noticed the map for the north gate is missing. the physical flip-map product, it's the backside of the town square map that is the first encounter that is titled as "Swallowtail Festival", it's needed for the "Die Dog Die" encounter and the start of the dragon attack / giant raid. That wall encounter map isn't actually in the book, unfortunately. Neither is the skeleton encounter in Part 2. Good luck doing the scarecrow ghoul fights in the cornfields :p
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi James - Thanks for the report, I have confirmed thats on our side to fix. In the meantime, you can assign them the "Against the Goblin Goblins" statblock, but consider the "dogslicer" to be a short sword and ignore their "tongs of molten glass" weapon attack. 

Edited 1561700010
Furtive
Forum Champion
Adam said: Furtive said: i noticed the map for the north gate is missing. the physical flip-map product, it's the backside of the town square map that is the first encounter that is titled as "Swallowtail Festival", it's needed for the "Die Dog Die" encounter and the start of the dragon attack / giant raid. That wall encounter map isn't actually in the book, unfortunately. Neither is the skeleton encounter in Part 2. Good luck doing the scarecrow ghoul fights in the cornfields :p the skeletons only need a simple 4x4 building. a quick drawing on the generic encounter map provided was enough for that. or you could prep it easily enough with any number of the products provided in the marketplace if you want more style or flair for that 2-5 min encounter. it took my group longer to roll initiative than it did to finish the combat. scarecrow encounter map is on page 84 of the book and as such i would think it should have been provided. each inch on that map is 120 ft so i can understand if it wasn't and we are just expected to use the generic grid. the VTT's grid scaling may be able to accommodate that but it would be a gigantic map for sure! &nbsp;-- i just double checked and this is the "Farmlands" map in the game, so it was included and prepped.it looks very nice! the north wall is not specifically in the book but above the town square map for the first encounter it says to use the reverse side of&nbsp; <a href="https://paizo.com/products/btpy8s9x?GameMastery-FlipMat-Town-Square" rel="nofollow">https://paizo.com/products/btpy8s9x?GameMastery-FlipMat-Town-Square</a> &nbsp;for that encounter in the gray box above that map on page 14. if it says that in the book i would think that Paizo should have included it as a special consideration as part of the licencing deal similar to how the pawns for the AP have been added as tokens. my group has just gotten past this part which is why i noticed it. just wanted to bring it to attention for other groups.

Edited 1561849697
Minor Report. The Page map of Magnimar is missing a label for Naos, under the section of the map where the Foxglove Townhouse is. Edit. The Foxglove townhouse should have boarded up windows on the ground floor.&nbsp; Currently the Dynamic lighting is set up so that Players can look inside.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks - I just wanted to let you all know that the Production Team is currently working on a few big projects and our resources are a bit short - I have documented all reports and once we have a bit of breathing room these will be taken care of. Thank you!
I just have a question: I'm running this AP, but converted to a different system. If I buy this, can I use the maps without using the Pathfinder ruleset?
Hello Christopher L., You will be able to use the maps as you wish. The Dynamic Lighting and such will be ready to use. You will just have all the Journals and Tokens already setup on the maps using the Pathfinder Ruleset. As such, you would need to remove the unwanted tokens on the map to replace them.&nbsp; We hope this information helps. Let us know if you have any additional questions.
This isn't a bug but I'm not sure if anyone has asked this before or not: Is there a way without the use of the API to globally set all tokens to have bar1 visible?
I can't seem to add any maps for ROTRL after buying the bundle. Is there some way I'm supposed to add it another way or? Glassworks doesnt exist. Thanks (I am new so there is a chance of high level noobishness here)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ra'Hazam - When creating a new game, you should see Rise of the Runelords as an option on the right hand side of your screen :)
I cannot find an answer to this elsewhere so wish to ask here: As a DM of the Rise of the Runelords paid app, is there a way to make the rolls from monsters visible to my players? I prefer transparency in my games. Thanks for any help! -Soulkrist
Soulkrist said: I cannot find an answer to this elsewhere so wish to ask here: As a DM of the Rise of the Runelords paid app, is there a way to make the rolls from monsters visible to my players? I prefer transparency in my games. Thanks for any help! -Soulkrist Yep, you have to individually turn it on by editing each creature to show rolls.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Soulkrist - you should be able to change the rolls on all sheets using the Game Settings page -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Character_Sheet_Default_Settings" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Character_Sheet_Default_Settings</a> Can you let me know if that's not working for you right?
Trivia said: Hi Soulkrist - you should be able to change the rolls on all sheets using the Game Settings page -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Character_Sheet_Default_Settings" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Character_Sheet_Default_Settings</a> Can you let me know if that's not working for you right? Am I wrong or does this only apply to newly created sheets and tokens? I made those changes just now (public rolls, as well as inserting names and top overlapping bar positions) and the existing sheets and tokens stayed the same. Since we're talking about the entire AP, what's the method to retrofit everything?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ah apologies - There is then an "Apply Default Settings" option back inside the game. I recommend making a copy of the game first (just in case!) -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Applying_Setting_Defaults_to_Existing_Content_In-Game" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Applying_Setting_Defaults_to_Existing_Content_In-Game</a>
Hi, I would like to translate this campaign into French. Is it possible to have access to a copy of this campaign, to be able to translate it into French for all those who would like to play it in French? I also have the paper book in French, which could help me translate in case of doubt. Thank's.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stéphane said: Hi, I would like to translate this campaign into French. Is it possible to have access to a copy of this campaign, to be able to translate it into French for all those who would like to play it in French? I also have the paper book in French, which could help me translate in case of doubt. Thank's. Salut Stéphane. Pour des raisons légales de copyright, cela n'est malheureusement pas possible. Les propriétés intellectuelles (ainsi que les accords d'édition de Roll20) de la version anglaise et de la version française ne sont pas les mêmes.
Merci pour la réponse rapide Natha ! Dommage, mais je m'en doutais un peu. Est là même chose pour le compendium que nous ne pouvons pas encore traduire ? Et j'imagine qu'il n'est pas prévu de faire d'accords pour des campagnes/compendium en version française ? Les campagnes achetées sont tout de même modifiables à souhaits ? C'est que j'ai pas mal de joueurs qui ne sont pas anglophones.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Stephane - I do not speak French however - You are free to update a purchased module however you like! We leave the top text box empty when creating the modules. It would be very easy to put 2 versions (English and French) in each handout this way. Thank you! :)

Edited 1565637801
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stéphane said: Merci pour la réponse rapide Natha ! Dommage, mais je m'en doutais un peu. Est là même chose pour le compendium que nous ne pouvons pas encore traduire ? Et j'imagine qu'il n'est pas prévu de faire d'accords pour des campagnes/compendium en version française ? Les campagnes achetées sont tout de même modifiables à souhaits ? C'est que j'ai pas mal de joueurs qui ne sont pas anglophones.&nbsp; Idem pour le Compendium, oui. Par contre, comme le dit Trivia juste au dessus, tu peux modifier comme tu veux les campagnes achetées pour remplacer les textes par tes traductions (cela restera local / limité à ta campagne), tu ne peux pas par contre les proposer à d'autres / elles ne peuvent pas devenir officielles.
Furtive
Forum Champion
I just noticed the Carrionstorm token is sized wrong. it should be large but is set as tiny. All swarms are large token sizes ( <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/pathfinder/Monster%20Rules:Creature%20Subtypes/#h-Swarm" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/pathfinder/Monster%20Rules:Creature%20Subtypes/#h-Swarm</a> ). the creature size in the stat block is for the creatures that comprise the swarm and determines what special damage reductions etc that the particular swarm has. i've not checked all the entered swarms to see if they need corrected as well. i can resize the token myself but would prefer to not have distorted the art of these beautiful tokens.
Furtive said: I just noticed the Carrionstorm token is sized wrong. it should be large but is set as tiny. All swarms are large token sizes ( <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/pathfinder/Monster%20Rules:Creature%20Subtypes/#h-Swarm" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/pathfinder/Monster%20Rules:Creature%20Subtypes/#h-Swarm</a> ). the creature size in the stat block is for the creatures that comprise the swarm and determines what special damage reductions etc that the particular swarm has. i've not checked all the entered swarms to see if they need corrected as well. i can resize the token myself but would prefer to not have distorted the art of these beautiful tokens. I would rather it not be a single large token, since swarms do not have to take up 2x2 squares and can break up their spacing into component squares.
Minor report. D3 the Undermill - in the Seven's Sawmill&nbsp; "Device check can sabotage the machinery elsewhere in the room (indicated by shaded squares on the map)." The shaded squares mentioned here are not included in the product.
Furtive
Forum Champion
Adam said: I would rather it not be a single large token, since swarms do not have to take up 2x2 squares and can break up their spacing into component squares. this only applies to special swarm instances of larger size, such as 2 or more swarms worth of the same creatures in the same encounter. a swarm is still considered a single creature base but ignores the rules of squeezing based on its token area and does not reshape itself as described with the larger swarms. the special rules are the last sentence of the first paragraph, " A swarm&nbsp; can move through cracks or holes large enough for its&nbsp; component c⁠reatures." &nbsp; and the last two sentences of the second paragraph that are meant to be together, not taken separately. " Larger swarms are represented by multiples&nbsp; of single swarms. The area occupied by a large swarm&nbsp; is completely shapeable, though the swarm usually&nbsp; remains in contiguous squares. " keeping these sentences together for context makes it clear that 2 or more swarms of the same type in an encounter attempt to remain contiguous instead of splitting into distinct separate swarms unless mindlessly chasing food that runs in opposite directions or some other vermin behaviour. the beginning of the first paragraph is also clear that all swarms take up a 10' x 10' cube. there is nothing in these rules that says that a swarm can split like an ooze and become two or more swarms of the same type. if you want to home-rule it that way, cool, but this is veering into a RAW vs RAI discussion... which is technically off topic.
I didn't mean in terms of splitting up, I meant in terms of nothing prevents a swarm from being in arrangements such as a bent "L", though it is not their preference to do so.

Edited 1566654082
Just downloaded this to play with my girlfriend, who's new to Pathfinder, and enjoying it immensely so far. However since it hasn't been mentioned here (as far as I've seen), I thought I'd point out that as far as I can tell every single pregen character has been coded into their sheets incorrectly. Many of them are missing racial traits and most notably NONE of them have their class details filled in correctly. So for example, Lem the bard at level 1 should have a class bonus to saves of +0 fortitude, +2 reflex, +2 will. However instead they have been put down in the "configuration" section of the sheet as 3, 5, 3 which is obviously significantly higher. Similarly none of the humans have the racial trait skilled coded in, and many character also seem to have been given an incorrect number of skill ranks per level for their class. Not really a big deal, especially since most people don't use pregens, but since it could be extremely confusing to new players who don't recognise that a bunch of these details are wrong I thought I'd point it out.
Furtive
Forum Champion
to piggyback off of what Morgan said, a few of the enemies were also missing their save bonus stats. seemed random like maybe and update messed something up? i noticed it on a couple of the goblins and&nbsp;Erylium. my group is just about to start part 4 of chapter 1 so i've not looked at any others yet there may be more.
Hello, if i buy this pack, is it translated in french or not ?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi all, we've run into some backend difficulty patching this module. The patch is otherwise ready and addresses each of the issues above, so I hope to have news and a fresh patch for Rise of the Runelords patch soon! Sin - unfortunately the Roll20 conversion is available only in English due to licensing agreements.

Edited 1571281481
Found a small problem with The Graul Farm in book 3. In the dynamic lighting layer, all of the windows are open and allow PCs to look inside.&nbsp; However the AP states "while to the north slump two sagging buildings: a barn and a farmhouse. Both have had their windows boarded over , and moss and fungus grow heavy on the shaded sides of the decrepit structures." Not a big issue, but had to go in and close them all on Dynamic Lighting. Edit:&nbsp; The following Ogrekin have been incorrectly given bite attacks. Hograth, Jeppo, Sugar, and Lucky.&nbsp; The only ogrekin with the oversized maw deformity is Maulgro.&nbsp;
Malfeshnekor's monster entry references casting Rage on the first round of combat in his tactics section but that spell doesn't appear on his sheet anywhere.
Adam said: Malfeshnekor's monster entry references casting Rage on the first round of combat in his tactics section but that spell doesn't appear on his sheet anywhere. The error is in the adventure as written. The original D&amp;D 3.5 version of the creature had rage as a spell-like ability. When Paizo converted monsters for the new Pathfinder rules, some had to be adjusted to better fit the CR (too strong, or too weak, in 3.5), and this creature lost its rage power. The Tactics block was not updated (probably just missed) when the Anniversary Edition was done.&nbsp;
Mark G. said: Adam said: Malfeshnekor's monster entry references casting Rage on the first round of combat in his tactics section but that spell doesn't appear on his sheet anywhere. The error is in the adventure as written. The original D&amp;D 3.5 version of the creature had rage as a spell-like ability. When Paizo converted monsters for the new Pathfinder rules, some had to be adjusted to better fit the CR (too strong, or too weak, in 3.5), and this creature lost its rage power. The Tactics block was not updated (probably just missed) when the Anniversary Edition was done.&nbsp; Aww [sic]