Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Exploding dice in an old World of Darkness game.

I am running an old world of darkness game and suddenly the exploding dice feature is not working properly. It has one of 2 issues. The first is when I use my macro for a standard dice roll.  &{template:default} {{name= ?{action}}} {{Successes= [[?{Number of Dice}d10!>?{Difficulty}f1]]}}  this rolls the number of successes that is equal to the number of dice given. every time. If I remove the ! it works just fine. The second issue is the second macro &{template:default} {{name=Damage}} {{Successes= [[?{Damage + Successes}d10!>6]]}}  This macro just adds all the dice together instead of just displaying the successes.  I am very willing to accept I am doing something wrong, so please tell me if that is the case. But these worked last week when I did a test run for my game that starts today. Help Forum one kenobi. I am losing my mind.
Hello Mc Taggard, I have moved this post to the Specific Use Questions & Macros forum for better assistance.  Thanks! 

Edited 1558296007
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
McTaggard said: I am very willing to accept I am doing something wrong, so please tell me if that is the case. But these worked last week when I did a test run for my game that starts today. Help Forum one kenobi. I am losing my mind. The problem is you have the ! in the wrong place. Try this &{template:default} {{name= ?{action|title}}} {{Successes= [[?{Number of Dice|1}d10>?{Difficulty|7}f1!]]}}  and &{template:default} {{name=Damage}} {{Successes= [[?{Damage + Successes|1}d10>6!]]}}  I also added default values to the queries