Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Not all Rolls are showing.

Edited 1570842613
I run a big game almost every night and for the last two nights in two of the games I use for this. The rolls from the character sheets (5e) are not showing up for everyone. The one who rolls them will see it but the others will not and it is only some of the rolls. Like Just now My view showed me rolling two attacks and then the damage. But the other players only saw one attack and the damage.  My view -    There view -    Not sure if there is another post on this glitch I did not see one but it is rather annoying. Also me and my player are in different times zones hence the hour off thing.
I'm having this problem as well. It seems to only being affecting me in my group so far. It's kind of annoying and I hope that it'll be fixed soon :-:'
it seems to be effecting meny of our players

Edited 1570886508
Ive been having it using the community PF sheet and the official one in another game
It raised its head in my group last night too. Players in the same house (a wife and her husband) aren't seeing each others rolls on the others' PC's, and its been hit or miss for the rest of us! We're using the Pathfinder 1e sheet. Some of the rolls are working fine and consistently - dice roller, for example, is clearly showing the results to everyone. Saving throws are working fine, and are present for all, but attacks, and spells are intermittent. It seems to be that the rolls are hitting the PC's locally (i know absolutely 0 about computers...its amazing I can get mine to turn on!), but not to the global roll20....once we refresh, for example, much of the info for the chat log is missing from each players computer. Its one hell of an annoying issue, if not quite (yet) a game breaking one!
My group is also running into this problem. It happened when we played 4 days ago, and it's happening right now as we speak. Playing 5e. I can't remember if it was just attack rolls or saves as well.
Yep happening in our group too!!! Hope we can get this sorted, started on last thursday for us!
Can confirm, also happening to my group. Group is using the Pathfinder 1e by Roll20 sheets.

Edited 1570907617
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey all -  Our sincerest apologies for the trouble. We are currently investigating this issue and will get back to you as soon as we can with more information and/or a resolution. Thank you for the reports and your continued patience.
Hello all - As a follow-up, we have checked our roll servers and aren't seeing anything odd on that end. So we can best troubleshoot this, is anyone willing to provide the name or a link to a game in which they experienced this issue? Also, if someone is currently experiencing this problem and is available to provide a console log from when it occurs, that would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.
It's happening in my Return of the Runelords game, haven't checked my other games but I'll check when I can.
It was happening every 3-4 rolls for 2 of the players in my campaign this morning.
Mike Donovan said: It was happening every 3-4 rolls for 2 of the players in my campaign this morning. Thank you for the feedback. Would you mind providing me with the name of the game in which you were experiencing this issue? 
Hey all -&nbsp; Upon further investigation, we found that a few of our Firebase shards were operating at high capacity. We've removed those shards from our rotation for new games to alleviate the issue of rolls not making it to chat. If you’re still experiencing the problem, please leave us another comment in this thread or send an email to <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> . Thank you all again for your patience and reports.
It seems to be still affecting my Return of the Runelords game.
its happening to are group as well
It's happening in a game I'm actively playing.
Hey everyone - For those who are still experiencing any problems, would you mind sending us an email to <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> with a link to the game(s) in which you are still experiencing this issue, please? Thank you for the updates and we really appreciate your patience.&nbsp;
Email is sent from Me
This is happening in my game tonight as well. Sometimes the roll shows only to the person who rolled it.
This happened to most if not all of my players last night. We lost almost half of our rolls. They aren't even visible in the chat archive.
Lost half the rolls in my sessions tonight and last night.
Brave New Worlds
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Happened on sunday and again tonight in my games
Also happening in my games.&nbsp; Email sent...
We have had this issue for two games this week. I will try and send an email to support after todays show. How can I find the game instance or link to the game?
I lost rolls in my Sunday game and tonight.
Can we roll, the roll20 code base back to earlier time when everything worked.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Karsh said: We have had this issue for two games this week. I will try and send an email to support after todays show. How can I find the game instance or link to the game? If you do not have multiple games with the same name, the name and your user name usually suffices. If you want to be certain, navigate to your game's home page and copy the URL.
Still happening in my game. Really not sure what's going off.&nbsp;
Any idea what is causing the issue? Still affecting us a week later.
This affected our game on Oct. 10th. Just came here to see if anyone else had the same issue and if so, if it has been fixed yet. I'm saddened to see it's still an issue. Our game is 5e and we're using a customized version of the standard 5e sheet. It happened about every 4-5 rolls and was very irritating and kind of destroyed the mood several times. I will likely cancel our next session(s) until this issue is fixed.&nbsp;

Edited 1571371987
Can confirm, had this issue Monday and again tonight (thursday) 10/17/2019 10pm cst
Hello everyone - This week we have been experiencing high load balance issues with certain Firebase shards in our infrastructure. Users who are on these shards are having problems with their rolls not being seen in chat. We have been working all throughout the week to improve infrastructure performance for addressing this problem. Additionally, starting today, we have opened up a number of new Firebase shards into our rotation. This will allow new games to be put onto these fresh shards therefore improving load balancing and general performance. These updates should prevent future problems with rolls not making it to chat. However, if you are still&nbsp;noticing this issue in your games after this fix, please send us an email to&nbsp; <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> . We really appreciate your patience and the detailed information you have provided.
I have the same Problem in my Curse of strahd game rolls keep missing when my players roll Its in my Strahd1 game ig devs need to see logs

Edited 1571456310
Still having it Edit: Both from /GM rolls and rolls from the community pathfinder sheet Possibly normal /rolls as well but I don't make those often enough
I have also just encountered this issue in a game.
Wes
Sheet Author
This is happening to our Ghosts of Saltmarsh game using the Roll20 D&amp;D 5e Sheet. It would seem that Weapon Attack rolls with 3d dice enabled are causing the templates to not appear in chat.

Edited 1571455590
Still happening on a couple of my tables. Emailing my exact tables, ofc, but just putting it out here, too. Like Wes, I notice it's only my attack rolls (and I do have 3d dice enabled) that are being blocked. Some of them still make it through however.&nbsp;
Found maybe a temp fix.. I left my game I was having issues in and then rejoined and seems to be working 18/18 rolls shows up to all party members!

Edited 1571459280
Not on my end, Rinx. I did a full system reboot after clearing my cache and resetting my modem. Not a lick changed. Disabling 3d dice has worked with non-sheet using macros. testing with sheet macros shortly.
Yeah we've had players leave and then come back, but still have dice rolls missing after a time (in the same session). Turning off 3D dice seems to be fixing the issue for players (who use sheet macros), at least from what I can see in the current game. It would also seem to explain why it never happens to some of us (me for an example). Not saying 3D dice is the problem, but try disabling it and see if that's a solution. Be nice to have one while the team sorts it out on the back end.
Rigel
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Just played over the last few hours, and still experiencing the problem. Good luck in there.
Same problem in our session tonight. Lot of 'honour' rolls having to happen.
Adding additional reports here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7848601/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7848601/</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7850080/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7850080/</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7850336/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7850336/</a>
I have been seeing this problem happen on multiple of my games across these past week and a half. A weekly sunday dnd5e game named Shield of Caeadon where I partake as Co-DM here its happening to me fairly often, as well as my very own 5e dnd Oriental themed game, Kingdom of the clouds where this happens at least once per combat round. On the other 6 or 7 other games I play on I do not notice any issues, I've tried reinstalling my browser, both firefox and google chrome, still noticing the issue and apparently I'm not alone, whenever the problem happens in the oriental game or in my sunday game is not like its just 1 person that can't see the roll, the only one able to see the problematic dice rolls is the person rolling those dice.
Been having the same issue tonight in our brand new campaign

Edited 1571624678
It is happening in my wife's new game we've played for only two sessions, including our session going on 8-12PM 10/20/19.&nbsp; We have played hundreds of hours in several games and never seen this before. Happening to all players intermittently. Its a 5E game and we thought it might have to do with the new features in the 5E characters sheets, but clicking Public/To GM doesn't seem to affect.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5260849/darkness-awakes" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5260849/darkness-awakes</a>
Still happening to me.
I play in 3 games per week. &nbsp;Happening in all 3. &nbsp;
Still happening to me as well.
Can confirm that this is happening to me in at least one of my games as well, albeit intermittently. Some rolls process normally, but most do not.