Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Not all Rolls are showing.

Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
It happened last night fairly extensively in my monday night Ghosts of Saltmarsh game.
The only workaround i've found is to turn off 3D dice. 
Happening to me almost every other roll still :<
I've sent an email and it is happening to me intermittently.
Ditto, last week and this week, multiple players, Firefox and Chome.
This also happened to my 5E campaign last night. The issue is intermittent as some rolls show for everyone and some just for the person who rolled them. I couldn't recognize a pattern. My campaign is called Guardianship if any admins want to troubleshoot. Thanks
Seems to be fixed now.

Edited 1571957850
Still happening in my Ruins of Azlant game last night (&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4258666/ruins-of-azlant" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4258666/ruins-of-azlant</a> &nbsp;) and it is really becoming a big issue. It haws been two weeks of slow combats due to this. We are starting to talk about alternate online formats other than roll20 -- this is way more than a minor inconvenience.&nbsp;
This is happening in both of my games as well. Emailed the Admins on this. Tried disabling 3d dice as well as used and removed macros as well. We are also having turn orders not show up for everyone correct either.
Yup, multiple issues with my party tonight. What's up?!?
6 days since any Roll20 response here...
Still happening in my game. &nbsp;Seems to always happen to the same player. &nbsp;Have emailed team as suggested above.
No matter what server I'm in the problem still occurs. My most recent game, 3/4 of my rolls weren't showing.

Edited 1572018855
This is happening here too. I'm sending the email.
Hello all, I am sorry that you all are still encountering this issue. Unfortunately, anyone that is still having this issue will need to email in to the devs at <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> for assistance in resolving this issue. For anyone that hasn't received a response for an email they already sent in, please not that the devs are working to get to them as soon as they can.&nbsp; Thanks!
Same problem here for two consecutive weeks.
If we made a copy of the current game would the copy be a "new" game and therefore be on a different shard? I don't understand the technical issues, but this is seriously damaging the game I am running, so I am brainstorming possible fixes.&nbsp; I get that technical issues happen, but we are at 2.5 weeks and the Roll 20 team isn't really keeping us in the loop about what is going on. Obviously, the issue was not fixed when they last posted in the forum.&nbsp; Usually, Roll 20 is really good at communicating with users. I have bragged on them for the great communication several times, so it is both surprising and perplexing that this issues has gone on so long with so little communication.&nbsp;
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
Still happening as of 10/24, 8pm eastern time.
Hello again, For those that are still encountering this issue, you do need to email the devs to help fully resolve this issue. You can reach them at <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a>. Thanks!&nbsp;

Edited 1572025389
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
Does emailing them solve the problem, or is it to file the bug report?
I have emailed them, but not yet gotten a response.
Hello all - After further investigation from our development team, we have confirmed that this problem is occurring for games on our Firebase shards which have load balancing problems and high capacity. However, we have also confirmed that you should be able to fix this issue by copying a game that is having the problem and using that game copy from now on. This new copy is rotated onto one of our shards that has better load balancing and capacity. Going forward, if you perform this fix and can confirm the copied version is now working for you, we would ask that you please delete the old, original game. This will help improve Firebase balance and performance across the board and prevent future issues from occurring. If this fix does not work for your game, please send us an email to <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> with a link to the game that is having troubles.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It is for situations like this that being able to copy over the API would be really appreciated. I urge folks interested in this to vote on this suggestion. It needs a lot more votes in order to qualify for an official response and rating.
Happening to me as well, and after some great support from Nicholas, we fixed the problem on one game by copying it -- it took three tries, but the third time was the charm.&nbsp; I've also just had it start up on a very long-running game, though, and I haven't copied it over yet. Is there a chance it will "clear up on its own" or is that not what others have seen?&nbsp; I had some weirdness with at least one of the copies before it all sorted, so if I don't need to move this old dog, I'd rather not.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
camelotcrusade said: Happening to me as well, and after some great support from Nicholas, we fixed the problem on one game by copying it -- it took three tries, but the third time was the charm.&nbsp; Did you have to copy the original game three times? Or did you copy it once, then copy the copy, and then copy the copy again, before it stopped?
Drespar said: Going forward, if you perform this fix and can confirm the copied version is now working for you, we would ask that you please delete the old, original game. This will help improve Firebase balance and performance across the board and prevent future issues from occurring. If this fix does not work for your game, please send us an email to <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> with a link to the game that is having troubles. When you say this do you mean the join link or some other link?&nbsp; Or will any link will do here?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: It is for situations like this that being able to copy over the API would be really appreciated. I urge folks interested in this to vote on this suggestion. It needs a lot more votes in order to qualify for an official response and rating. When copying the game is recommendd as a fix for a bug, roll20 should really handle the copying at their end so everything can be copied, with configuration intact. I wonder why they dont have some system to migrate games between shards automatically for issues like this. Or why such a bug is able to persist over weeks in the first place. This should not be acceptable.

Edited 1572099562
I am hoping this resolves it for me, but I don't consider this a "fix" for the problem. Roll 20 needs a real solution that will not only fix it "for now" but keep it from happening in the future. As the number of games grows and more users sign up, this will continue to be a problem. For all I know the same problem will start up again in a month. Also, as mentioned, I lost my game description, forum, and perhaps other settings by making a copy.
Having this issue as well.
Can confirm 3d dice is the problem
And now the problem is back for me as well, on the game that I thought was "fixed."&nbsp; No problems for a few days, and then tonight, it has happened with three rolls so far.&nbsp; I'm turning off 3D dice for now to see if that helps, but I already miss them.&nbsp;&nbsp; If copying is only a temporary fix, I'd say it's not a very strong one. Also, @GiGs, I copied the original, then the copy, and then the copy again, until it worked... for a few days.
Jason K.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
This is still happening in our game today as well:(

Edited 1572235753
Happening in our game as well. This is getting annoying. Tired of having to open screenshare to verify my rolls with everyone.
Having the same issue on and off in my game some rolls come through others don't. I've tried to copy my game but the copy is empty no pages, handouts, characters ... etc
Turning off 3D dice did the trick for me.&nbsp;
Had this issue last night and I can confirm the issue has nothing to do with sheet macros. I had the players do all rolls manually via /r. 3d dice was enabled, but we all enjoy the charm of seeing the dice roll across the screen so disabling this feature is not feasible. Having rolls go missing completely destroyed the mood.&nbsp; I understand issues happen, but this has been going on for 3 weeks now and it's still not resolved. I find it unacceptable that to get the issue fixed, we'd have to send an email or resort to copying the game and having to convert all my custom api stuff over. I am paying a subscription for the service, and with so many complaints posted here, roll20 should be more proactive about solving this rather than reactive (e.g., asking for people to send an email). Ok, so the issue is with Firebase shards, fine, why can't roll20 move many games off onto other shards to lighten the load and make the change transparent to the end user? I just dont get this.&nbsp; At this point, my players have expressed enough frustration that they are willing to help fund me moving our games onto a different platform. I guess I will have to evaluate the options out there on the market..which makes me sad because I've enjoyed roll20s interface and marketplace.

Edited 1572486554
Issues still ongoing across all games. (Over 6+ across various GMs)&nbsp; Happens with Macros, happens with manual rolls.&nbsp;&nbsp; Being able to see rolls is the base requirement for a virtual tabletop to function.&nbsp; What is going on Roll 20?&nbsp; &nbsp;Copying games is not a fix, and creates tons of backend GM work that isn't necessary.&nbsp; I am an absolute Roll20 fanboy, but c'mon, this is bananas.&nbsp; Edited for more detail.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Barry Z. said: Had this issue last night and I can confirm the issue has nothing to do with sheet macros. I had the players do all rolls manually via /r. 3d dice was enabled, but we all enjoy the charm of seeing the dice roll across the screen so disabling this feature is not feasible. Having rolls go missing completely destroyed the mood.&nbsp; I understand issues happen, but this has been going on for 3 weeks now and it's still not resolved. I find it unacceptable that to get the issue fixed, we'd have to send an email or resort to copying the game and having to convert all my custom api stuff over. I am paying a subscription for the service, and with so many complaints posted here, roll20 should be more proactive about solving this rather than reactive (e.g., asking for people to send an email). Ok, so the issue is with Firebase shards, fine, why can't roll20 move many games off onto other shards to lighten the load and make the change transparent to the end user? I just dont get this.&nbsp; At this point, my players have expressed enough frustration that they are willing to help fund me moving our games onto a different platform. I guess I will have to evaluate the options out there on the market..which makes me sad because I've enjoyed roll20s interface and marketplace. You've said very well what I'm thinking too. Especially since copying your game isnt a reliable fix anyway, judging by previous comments.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
I'm a standard user and copied my game to a new one. The only things that didn't copy were: Game default settings (page size, page scale, etc) Token default settings (bar location and style, permissions to view, this was really important to me) Character sheet settings (there are a million of these, and I think I remembered them) Audio/Video conferencing settings (easy to spot and turn off) The discussion forum (we don't use this) I haven't had a chance to see if this fixed the die rolling problem, but I wanted to advise other users about these settings that will have to be migrated or lost. You don't need to write down your character sheet settings to restore them. Instead, open two browser windows side-by-side so you can view the settings in your original game and make the changes in your new game.
I can confirm that copying the game AND turning off 3D dice seems to have fixed it for now. I 100% agree that the "Solution" we were given by Roll 20 is not a solution. I have been disappointed by the slow response and lack of communication about this whole thing.&nbsp; As I have said before, I have usually been impressed by Roll 20's great communication and quick response, so this mystifies me.
Some of my players rolls also don't show. The first roll after you open the sheet the roll always shows but after that it's purely luck whether it shows up. This is in the Game called DnD Ascent of the Adventurers Guild.
Mike deBoston said: Game default settings (page size, page scale, etc) Token default settings (bar location and style, permissions to view, this was really important to me) Character sheet settings (there are a million of these, and I think I remembered them) Audio/Video conferencing settings (easy to spot and turn off) The discussion forum (we don't use this) That's actually a ton of stuff, losing token defaults and sheet settings will prove to be rather annoying. Had two games affected by this already, so looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and do that too... Have to admit, it's strange that Roll20 has not managed to solve that in an user-transparent matter. More GM work is not a great thing (given how work-intensive it already is).
Hi everyone! Thank you all for your continued reports on this issue. We are still investigating problems with rolls not appearing in chat. Our previous solution was an attempt to fix the issue, but has not worked for everyone. It has succeeded in providing clarity on the underlying issue and has informed our investigation going forward. Where we are at currently is there seems to be an error occurring in communication between the roll server and Firebase (where games and chat are stored). As some users have noted, disabling 3D dice seems to alleviate the issue, however, we cannot confirm that this is the cause or resolves the underlying problem. We are continuing to investigate this issue and where the communication error is occurring. If you are looking to disable 3d dice, you can do so by going into the game, selecting the “My Settings” tab, and unchecking the option that says, “Enable 3D dice”. Apologies for the continued difficulties in this matter, we are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your games as normal!
same problem here. We noticed this randomly in our game last Friday night, and it's plaguing us again tonight. We're just rolling with it, but it's definitely an issue.
Drespar said: Hi everyone! Thank you all for your continued reports on this issue. We are still investigating problems with rolls not appearing in chat. Our previous solution was an attempt to fix the issue, but has not worked for everyone. It has succeeded in providing clarity on the underlying issue and has informed our investigation going forward. Where we are at currently is there seems to be an error occurring in communication between the roll server and Firebase (where games and chat are stored). As some users have noted, disabling 3D dice seems to alleviate the issue, however, we cannot confirm that this is the cause or resolves the underlying problem. We are continuing to investigate this issue and where the communication error is occurring. If you are looking to disable 3d dice, you can do so by going into the game, selecting the “My Settings” tab, and unchecking the option that says, “Enable 3D dice”. Apologies for the continued difficulties in this matter, we are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible so you can enjoy your games as normal! Thank you for the feedback. It helps to know you guys are still working on the issue and have a better understanding on what is causing it.
I am a Pro subscriber.&nbsp; It's been a few weeks now with the same issue interrupting game flow.&nbsp; Disabling 3D dice had no effect - if anything we need them to see the rolls that won't come up in chat.&nbsp; Very disappointed in Roll20.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; .&nbsp;
I had the same issue tonight. I emailed the dev team with the details. Thx.
I have been having this issue for a couple weeks, it is impacting one player in each game with the bug, the rolls always seem to be missed for the same player. I would be happy to share details on which games (and which player in those games) are being affected. If that information would help, please send me a PM and I'll compile a list.
It sounds like this issue is getting worse. For everyone posting here, there are probably more grinding their teeth over it. Rolling is pretty central to the game, so I hope they figure it out quickly or they may see people looking for other platforms.&nbsp;&nbsp;