Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Not all Rolls are showing.

This is happening to my D&D 5e game. 
This is happening in one of my games but it is only happening to a second character I control. All of the main player characters have working rolls except this one. 

Edited 1572844404
Hello, This is has been happening to me for the last few games I've played with my group. We're playing 5e. I seem to be the only character affected so far, and it happens intermittently.
Still ongoing after copying the game over. Have copied it twice now. Still have one player with consistent missing rolls.
Hi everyone, Following reports of rolls failing to appear in chat regardless of troubleshooting (copying game, disabling 3d dice), I would like to request a console log capturing when a roll fails to send. You can find information on how to generate and capture your console log here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues#Step_4:_Provide_a_bug_report" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues#Step_4:_Provide_a_bug_report</a> Thank you!
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Drespar said: Hi everyone, Following reports of rolls failing to appear in chat regardless of troubleshooting (copying game, disabling 3d dice), I would like to request a console log capturing when a roll fails to send. You can find information on how to generate and capture your console log here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues#Step_4:_Provide_a_bug_report" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues#Step_4:_Provide_a_bug_report</a> Thank you! Several rolls didn't show up.
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
More rolls not showing up

Edited 1572934935
I can confirm that disabling 3D dice fixes this issue. Issue was prevalent and rampant until our group disabled the dice. I would also like to note that there was a group member that never had 3D dice enabled and his rolls worked flawlessly. Once everyone switched the problem disappeared.
This has been happening to me for a while, but tonight it was just off the charts. We almost couldn't play. We had to resort to everyone repeating the number they rolled because we couldn't tell if a roll was made half the time. What is going on??
Please let us know -- maybe with a blog post?&nbsp; -- when 3D dice can be turned back on. I'm among those only able to play without them, but those dice added to the charm and excitement (we could all "see the action"). In my opinion, roll20 is simply less fun without them.&nbsp;
Disabling the dice has worked so far, but this is not a great solution to me or my players. A lot of flavor left with the dice, and I'm seeing others saying that turning them off has not worked.&nbsp; I'm a pro subscriber much like so many on this forum and have been incredibly disappointed by these happenings.
It's been getting worse for me recently as well - over the last 3 weeks, we went from having 1 or 2 dropped rolls a game to basically swearing at roll20 every 10-30 minutes or so, and I play 3 games on roll20 every week. Disabling 3d dice as the fix? I mean sure, I guess...but that just takes some of the FUN out of it, you know?

Edited 1572991681
mAc
Pro
Yeah, for me, the dice not working is a deal breaker. I love roll20, but if I can't even tell when someone rolled a dice then that's when I start actually wondering about using other services. Not because I don't like roll20, but because we literally can't play that way. It breaks the immersion constantly and creates confusion, slowing the game down considerably. Someone rolled a natural 20, and instead of there being excitement, it took ten minutes of waiting, confusion, and finally someone screenshotting their roll before we could resolve it, and by then the moment had been lost in the quagmire of technical minutia. Repeat this for every roll, and what a disaster. I hope roll20 can get this fixed soon.
mAc said: I hope roll20 can get this fixed soon. Soon left the building two weeks ago. I hope they fix it before people start to really look for other platforms. This is so fundamental to the game I am really stunned at how long it has been going on without a fix. At first I thought is was just effecting a small minority, but its looking much more systemic now.&nbsp;
It's been happening in my games, and games my friends have all been running.
I wanna add on my end, although we are using 3D dice, and the rolls not coming up,&nbsp; people that are casting spells and using the 5e OGL sheet, the spells descriptions are NOT showing up in the chatroom either! Had to ask the players to re-submit the spell being cast and after a number of times, it would eventually show up!&nbsp;
Is This issue fixed yet?
Got this twice in a row when I rolled 3 Nat 20's in a row while gambling. I have never screencapped as hard as I did that day.
Another week and still not solved!
Still not working/solved.... How long must this go on?

Edited 1573180798
Still getting worse, I can also confirm people with 3d dice off still have the problem.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
This is a really strange problem.&nbsp; I ran a game this evening and (as far as I know), there was only 1 roll that didn't show up.&nbsp; All other rolls by that same player showed up fine.&nbsp; Still using 3D dice.
Drespar said: Following reports of rolls failing to appear in chat regardless of troubleshooting (copying game, disabling 3d dice), I would like to request a console log capturing when a roll fails to send I would do more testing, but we hate to lose the rolls in game (so we turned off the trigger). Can you make a test environment where the problem happens and invite testers to it?&nbsp; I'll help. We can go in there and roll all you want.&nbsp; Justin M. said: I hope they fix it before people start to really look for other platforms. This is so fundamental to the game I am really stunned at how long it has been going on without a fix. At first I thought is was just effecting a small minority, but its looking much more systemic now.&nbsp; Seriously. I have been wondering why&nbsp; there isn't more being said about it. I hope this isn't ruining too many people's games, but when it gets you, it's a killjoy for sure.
Hey everyone -&nbsp; After further investigation, we were finally able to nail down what was causing Firebase to produce these issues with chat rolls and we just pushed an update to fix it! Thank you to everyone who provided their feedback and insight into this problem. If you continue to experience this issue, please leave us an additional comment here, or send us an email to <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a> . Happy gaming!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
And there was much rejoicing!
all three of my weekly games are having rolls skipped over, made a thread about it. Definitely a firebase issue
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you still having issues as of the announcement post two posts up?
We were missing rolls, all of our players were constantly disconnecting from the server (3 of us play in a datacenter w/ 10g drop), folks were de-synced.&nbsp; Pretty awful.&nbsp; GM wants to change systems.&nbsp; If this is going to be an ongoing issue perhaps think about letting folks host the server themselves.

Edited 1573321024
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hello everyone -&nbsp; For those that may still be experiencing an issue with chat rolls, we would ask that you please provide the following additional information: Has the issue occurred in the last 12 hours? How often is the issue occurring? Every roll, every 20 rolls, or very randomly? Is this issue occurring on all types of rolls? Or only on certain roll types? I.e. Rolls from the character sheet, rolls with large amounts of dice, etc. Are 3d dice enabled in your game? The link or the name of your game A console log from the point at which a dice roll doesn't show. You can find information on how to generate and capture your console log here -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues#Step_4:_Provide_a_bug_report" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues#Step_4:_Provide_a_bug_report</a>
We turned on Dice Rolls in one of our games this weekend and we didn't experience any losses after playing for at least three hours. A good sign!&nbsp;&nbsp;
I can also confirm that I had my players turn back on 3d dice for my game on Friday night and every roll came through without issue.&nbsp; I can also confirm that I didn't copy the game over as per the original proposed solution.&nbsp; Whatever you did it seems to have worked.&nbsp; Thank you!