Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shadowrun 5th Edition Version 4 (bug report)

Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
There is a Readme for the sheet but its dated at this point. I'd suggest just asking questions here. :)
Cassie, are there any plans to have a Spirit sheet, similar to a Sprite sheet?  On a similar topic... how do you Shadowrun GMs deal with Spirits or Sprites that the PCs might summon? Do you have sheets/tokens for them in advance? Any tips for spinning one up easily "on the fly" if a PC asks for one?  
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
At this time I've no plans to make a Spirit sheet. Its too similar to just a goon mage that a totally new sheet didn't offer significant functionality. Spirits, Sprites, and Drones/Vehicles I make a folder for my players. I use the api charsheet to let them make NPC sheets for them. I help them add tokens to the sheet. That way when they summon a spirit or compose a sprite they can just pull it out to the table.

Edited 1590887061
Thank you for the tip, Cassie!! I have a bug report: I am trying to put in Spells for a character, but the "Skill" dropdown only populates with "Alchemy" or "Enchanting Group".  Ignore that, I was looking at the Preparations tab. ID10T error.
Okay, real bug report this time. Technomancer Complex Forms do not display Target, Duration, or Fading code.  
I would actually like to second the request for a Spirit sheet: just something that uses a Force attribute in its equations, so you can change Force on the fly and not have to dive into its initiative to change them. A workaround is just doing this: [see img] but that does not take the initiative (or skills) into account. Additional, very minor things: -The Edge buttons on the sheet, the ones you use to mark whether you've spent an Edge or not. My players keep asking me if black means it's spent or if grey means it's spent. I keep forgetting, myself. I recall they used to be red, and turned grey or black once you'd spent them -- that made a lot more sense to me and my players. -"Electrical" is still misspelled on the Grunt sheet. :) -Also the Grunt sheet: changing the + number on Movement does nothing, it always stays +2, or am I doing something wrong? As always, thanks again Cassie! :)
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
Hello! Not sure if this is the right place for this, but since the Shadowrun API and character sheet are linked and by the same person, I figured I'd give it a shot! Been using the character sheet since moving my Shadowrun 5e tabletop to roll20 for the pandemic and just installed the api. I've run into two major issues with the initiative macros.  Here's how I've been testing: 1) Open the Turn Order window 2) Click the macro I've labeled 'Initiative-Counter' which triggers the '!sr5 --initCounter' action. 1/1 Round/Pass appears on the window for all users. So far, so good! 3) Click a token (with character sheet associated with it) and click the macro button I've labeled 'Initiative' which triggers the '!sr5 --rollInit' action. Here's where the problems start... 1) As GM, I can see all the Initiatives correctly. My players cannot see their own or any other initiatives using the macro except, weirdly enough, drone initiatives (I even tested trying a regular vehicle and they couldn't see its initiative). 2) After the first Round, the first person to roll initiative again automatically advances the Pass marker, subtracting 10 from their initiative and advancing to Round 2/Pass 2. Anyone else who rolls initiative, it works normally. When this happens, an error is left on the API Output Console on the API Scripts page for the game that says '{"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name: API"}' Am I doing something wrong? Or did I run into a bug? Thoughts?
R. William M. said:  As GM, I can see all the Initiatives correctly. My players cannot see their own or any other initiatives using the macro except, weirdly enough, drone initiatives (I even tested trying a regular vehicle and they couldn't see its initiative) Thank you for pointing this out -- I just found out I have the same problem! I asked my players and it turns out that they could not see their own initiatives -- only that of the opponents I was using. (I wasn't using drones, though -- they were all Grunt sheets.)
Did some research. Turn Tracker isn't maintained by Cassie, it's a Roll20 thing, so this is probably the wrong place to ask questions about it. :) <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039178634-Turn-Tracker" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039178634-Turn-Tracker</a> In particular, this MAY explain the issue you and I were both having: Turn Tracker can track tokens from any combination of pages, and there’s no need to close it when switching between pages. The GM sees all items in the list, but players will only see the items that are located on their current page.
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
I saw that when trying to do research on my own and tested it out. Both of my players were on the same page, I cleared the turn tracker altogether and did the steps I listed above and it still happened.&nbsp; And that they could see Drones (and, in your case, Grunts) suggests its either something wrong with the API or how it interacts with the character sheets. If it was the issue with Turn Tracker, they shouldn't have seen the Drones/Grunts either, right? Elliot S said: Did some research. Turn Tracker isn't maintained by Cassie, it's a Roll20 thing, so this is probably the wrong place to ask questions about it. :) <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039178634-Turn-Tracker" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039178634-Turn-Tracker</a> In particular, this MAY explain the issue you and I were both having: Turn Tracker can track tokens from any combination of pages, and there’s no need to close it when switching between pages. The GM sees all items in the list, but players will only see the items that are located on their current page.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It's possibly something in the API. When I wrote it I was mostly checking functionality as a GM. I'll add it to my to do list this weekend to put a little time into. - Cassie
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
So I taught myself some JavaScript and I think I've got the major bugs in the API sorted and submitted the updates to github for a pull request. Weirdly, I didn't run into the problem with players not being able to see their own initiatives and nothing in the code that controlled that, so I'm wondering if Elliot S was right and there was an issue with Roll20 that day? Anyways, it awaits review and commentary! There's more to do, I think, but at least the major issues are sorted, I think! Hopefully!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings William, I also remembered those orphaned functions actually were the start of creating a reroll button. They were a work in progress and can be removed for now. I was going to make a toggle on/off for the roll template which would include a button to reroll failures. - Cassie
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
Yep yep, there's gotta be a way to get that going and I guess the API is the place to do it, since we're accessing information in chat (if I understand correctly, the character sheet can't do that?). I've also got a solid idea on how to implement settings for the TokenLinker, but figured we can wait for v5 for that. Also, please let me know if I didn't submit changes properly.&nbsp; This is my first time using github. Thank you!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Correct. The character sheet can't read the chat. The API can. We don't want to add API capabilities as a default to the sheet since not everyone is a Pro member or may be using the API. I'd intended write a simple toggle in the setting to tell the sheet to use an API capable roll template or the current one. This could handle a number of useful roll tools including rerolling failures. Your submission should work. The best practice would have been to make a new version folder and update the sheet.json.&nbsp; I submitted an update to the sheet tonight. Living Personas will be supported now.
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
Right, so I was missing a bracket in what I submitted, which resulted in an error in the live version that stopped it from running.&nbsp; I've submitted a fix (properly this time, in a separate folder) and hopefully did so correctly! Loving the changes to the character sheet, thank you!
Hi all, Looks like there is an issue that happened after the last update. The 'Living persona' and 'Cyberdeck' tabs are the only tabbed section still working, e.g. you can no longer select knowledge or language skill tabs and the skills no longer roll correctly, they just display the number of dice that should be rolled.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Appreciate the report. I have a pull request up to fix it.
Awesome, thank you. I've noticed the tabs have been fixed already, that was quick work! The skills still aren't rolling correctly but I imagine that will follow shortly. It may just be me, but I'm finding the hit boxes on the condition monitor really fiddly to select now. I have to be really precise and sometimes it takes 10 or more clicks to register. Is anyone else having this issue?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'll fix skills this weekend and look at the condition monitor. I need to refactor that whole section of code. I've grown up to be a real developer since I wrote it.
Well you're a flippin technomancer as far as I'm concerned! I feel pleased with myself if I can get a copied bit of css to work on wordpress.
This maybe something wrong on my end, but last weekend none of the !SR5 API functions were working for me (they did a few weeks ago). It says that I am running the latest version and I have tried deleting and re-importing the script. It is the only script I have imported for this game. I created a second dummy game to test this on. When I first imported it, it didn't give me any problems, but after launching the game and trying to use the scripts the API section of that game gave me the same error. Here's the error it's giving me. Sadly there's no line number or anything particularly useful. Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your script's code and click the "Save Script" button. We will then attempt to start running the scripts again.&nbsp; More info... &nbsp;If this script was installed from the Script Library, you might find help in the Community API Forum. For reference, the error message generated was:&nbsp; SyntaxError: Unexpected token ',' Any thoughts would&nbsp;be appreciated. If there's anything else you want me to check, let me know. And thanks!
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
Travis, I fixed that error and I thought I'd submitted the changes, but it looks like I may have submitted wrong. I'll try and figure out what I did wrong. Thanks for the heads up!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Cassie have submitted a fix for (some?) recently reported issues, which can be seen here: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/7189" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/7189</a> That fix goes live tomorrow most likely.

Edited 1598133906
Started testing out this sheet for a possible game I wish to run in the future, and I have to say so far it has been excellent. Have a couple of bugs to report though. Attempting to set up a Spirit as a grunt as has been recommended here, and I noticed that the sprinting field for movement seems to be unresponsive. No matter what value I put in (this was an Air spirit so it had sprinting +10) it remained fixed at "+2" . Realized someone had already mentioned this. Also, trying to click on the "tools" icon to hide or show fields for attacks and skills is finicky to click and sometimes unresponsive. As far as possible suggestions, something that connects the Matrix device condition monitor with device rating would be nice, since that's the usual default to determining it. Also fields for Matrix damage resistance (usually Device Rating + Firewall + bonuses from programs/complex forms) and Biofeedback damage resistance (usually Willpower + Firewall + bonuses from programs/complex forms) would be nice additions, the biofeedback especially for living personas/technomancers since that is a bulk of the damage they end up taking. I also am not a Pro user, so I don't have access to the API, so if these issues/suggestions are taken care of there I apologize. Thank you very much to everyone working on this sheet and keeping it up to date! Edit: to clarify, I am referring to the Matrix Device condition monitor in the PC sheet, the one for vehicles/drones seems to be working fine. Would also like to toss my vote in on getting a spirit page with variable force options, if such a thing is even possible, and that there doesn't seem to be a way to track condition monitor easily using a non-PC sheet? I might just be a fool. Edit 2: Also, having an option to add Autosofts for drones/vehicles (effectively being skills that use their Pilot rating) would be nice for drone riggers. As well, there seems to be an issue in the drone/vehicle sheet where created attacks don't seem to delete properly. I added on by accident, realized I didn't need one, and every time it "deletes" it just re-creates a blank attack that refuses to delete.
I may be wrong but I may have found another issue with the sheet. I have a char with Agility 6 - Pistols 6 and when clicking the pistols skill this correctly rolls 12 dice. Breakdown is "Rolling ((6+6+0)+(0-0)+0+0+0)d6&gt;5" When I click on any specific weapon (either ranged or melee) I seem to get a bonus 12 dice from somewhere. Breakdown is "Rolling ((6+12+6)+0+0+0)d6&gt;5=" I'm pretty new to 5e so I may just be confused but I can't seem to figure out where the 12 is coming from. Thanks!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
For weapons on the arms tab it should be&nbsp;@{ skill }+@{dicepool}+@{ agility }. Double check you don't have a modifier in the weapon's settings. You might also try changing the modifier then change it back to run the sheet workers. &nbsp;If that doesn't work then you may have found a bug..:)

Edited 1599325165
Thanks, that did it. If the modifier box is blank it defaults to giving you a +12 bonus. Changing it from blank to 0 fixed the problem. I'm not sure if it matters as it now rolls the correct number of dice, but if you roll from the 'core combat info' tab the breakdown is (6++6) rather than (6+0+6) which is now showing by rolling in the 'arms' tab. Also this only appears to be the case for ranged weapons as the melee weapons are rolling (6+0+6) in both the 'arms' and 'core combat info' tabs. Update - You have to re-enter the modifier manually each time you log in. I had it set at 0 and when I logged out and back in again it was back to adding the +12. when I changeed it to 1 and then back to 0 it corrected the issue again (but still has the (6++6) in the breakdown.
Just double checked to see if it was still happening and it still seems to be the case, however it appears to be some kind of memory issue as on my last login I changed the modifier from 0 to a 1 and back to 0, worked ok until I logged out and back in again and then it was still showing the +1 even though there was a 0 in the modifier box. You do seem to have to change the modifier every login to ensure that it rolls correctly and leaving it blank still defaults to +12.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greeting Fitz, Thanks for the update and I'll look into the logic. Ideally it should default to 0 if you haven't updated the modifier box and the core info should use 6+0+6 like the arms tab.
Hi Cassie, Just had another check and I'm still getting the 6++6 in the core tab if you manually remove the modifier. For some reason I need to re-set it every login as it only seems to remember a positive value and not 0. That is the modifier box shows a 0 but the core tab remembers the last positive value used each time you log in.
Is there some way to switch between forms on a shapeshifter charater?&nbsp; changing between metahuman form and the native critter form would change all my limits and dice pools. what should I do to keep track of this?&nbsp;
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
My recommendation is make a second character sheet. The sheet does not have shifter support.
Further update on the weapon issue! It looks like the middle number, that was defaulting to 12 for me, is made up of the sum of the skill and the agility attribute. For my character, I have pistols 6 and agility 6 and it is rolling (6+12+6) and my friend has pistols 3 and agility 5 and his is rolling (3+8+5). You can re-set it by changing the modifier from blank or zero to a positive number and then back to zero but it resets everytime you close the sheet or log out of Roll20. It was a surprise last session when he rolled 14 hits from 8 dice lol!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Appreciate the update. I'll take a look into it this weekend. If its happening when you open a sheet it may be an issue with my versioning. This is what happens when you trust technomancers.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Fitz, I added a default value of 0 to the arms weapons to see if that might fix this issue. It should go out on Tuesday.
Thanks Cassie! Just tested it and it seems to be working correctly now. I'll try not to find any more bugs lol
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Anyone happen to have a .json file exported from Chummer of a character with vehicles? Preferably a rigger perhaps. I wanted to work on the Chummer Importer but I need an example character. Fitz, you're always welcome to submit bug reports. I don't play Shadowrun any more so this thread helps me a lot. :)
I've got a nearly complete Rigger character with vehicles and drones that shouldn't take too long to finish. I'll send a dropbox link if no one else has provided one by the time I've completed it.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Fitz, That would be helpful! I wrote the code last night and its going to go live on Tuesday. However I had only a single starter technomancer with limited resources. It seemed to be working but could use more testing. - Cassie
Sent a dropbox link via DM for you :)
Ok, I have no idea why it is the case but, I started a new game and added a new character sheet to it to test something and I'm having the same problem with that as I was having before with the weapon rolls. So I wondered if the char sheets had reverted to an earlier version and went back to check my main game but that is still working fine?!! I re-checked the test game and that is still having the problem. Colour me confused!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
To my knowledge the sheet hasn't been reverted. There is a chance its being set to null some place else but its hard to say.
It's weird. I've gone back and forth between games a couple of times and it only happens on the new game. I've gone through and manually set the modifiers to zero on all the weapons, which didn't fix it, so changed them to 1 and then back to 0 again and I'm still having the issue. Meanwhile the original game works fine. I can't think of what else I can check to help trace the issue but if you think of anything you'd like me to check then let me know.
Ok, it seems to be something to do with setting a 'primary' weapon. It just so happened that I had more weapons on this char and you have to go through each weapon, making sure it is not set as primary, set modifier to something and then back to 0. Once you've done this for all weapons it seems to work. It doesn't work if you do it to a weapon selected as primary.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Was it something you had to do in other games or on a lot of characters? Was this just a fluke?
From memory, the characters on my main game only had one or two weapons so I'll have done this for them unintentionally when I was messing about the first time. It does seem to tie in with why it only seems to affect the 'core' tab and not the 'arms' tab though. As to the other characters, we didn't start playing until after the first fix and I manually set the modifiers on the weapons to 1 then 0 when I imported their char sheets and before they picked their primary weapons. So I suspect that this fixed it on those before it was an issue. I think it was only an issue this time as I thought it was fixed and I'd loaded this char up with weapons (though strangely the sheet also imported a survival kit as a weapon too!) When I get a chance I'll import some new chars to my test game and see if I can confirm the results. (I don't know, people can play happily for years using the sheet then I come along and break it lol! I think I'm just unlucky)
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Its unlikely to just be you. You're just proactive in trying to report it. :) If I can replicate it then I can fix it! That's why I'm asking a lot of questions.
Darn, I was doing a test and typing out the results here as I went but I accidentally hit the wrong button and lost them all. However, in summary, I imported a new character and was still getting the fault until I unchecked the weapon as primary, changed the modifier to 1 and then back to 0 and then re-selected as primary, which then fixed it.