Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shadowrun 5th Edition Version 4 (bug report)

I can confirm that I am getting the same issue on importing new characters into the old game as well.
I want to second all the problems with the weapon skill modifiers that Fitz has been reporting.  I've had the exact same problems.
Working with the info Fitz has provided, I've been doing some testing of my own on the problem to try to get more info.  The modifier seems to stay as entered on the Arms tab if you unselect a weapon as Primary, making me think it has something to do with that function.  Just a guess though!

Edited 1607180475
Hey Cassie, French DM here. I ran into an issue that is probably linked to recent deployment of crowdin for roll20 translations. Just to let you know it. All my PC skills attributes are now translated in french, so all formula trying to catch @{skills} variables are no longer working (weapons, spells, complex forms, etc.). For example, if @{primary_melee_weapon_skills} refer to @{unarmedcombat}, dice pool no longer add skill score because in attributes, @{unarmedcombat} is now called @{combatàmainsnues}... Link to the post in Translation &amp; Crowdin Changes: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9382237/translation-and-crowdin-changes/?pageforid=9568891#post-9568891" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9382237/translation-and-crowdin-changes/?pageforid=9568891#post-9568891</a> As I'm not sure if the issue is really linked to crowdin, I prefer to let you know about it too. Note that grunts are not affected. Thanks for your work on this sheet, it's a real pleasure to use it for my weekly shadowrun dose !

Edited 1607187773
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings&nbsp;Splashzone69&nbsp; &amp;&amp; Fitz, I'm working on a Hero Lab importer this weekend which include refactoring some of the old code for Chummer. I'm looking into this. Greetings&nbsp;Akefal, That must be the Crowdin updates. Attribute names should never be translated. Its suppose to just translate the display text for people to be able to read the sheet. I'll try to take a look into it to see what is going on. Edit: I couldn't replicate this. Here are the steps I tried. Let me know if you were doing something different. Skills &nbsp;create Combat a mains neus, ind 15, mod 2 Agilite &nbsp;4 Armes -&gt; De Melee =&gt; unarmed attack, competence Combat a mains neus, principale checked Feuille &nbsp;=&gt; Arme De Melee Principale click unarmed attack Rolls as expected

Edited 1607188720
I don't know how you could replicate. Yesterday I logged in and see that rolls using @{skills} in the formula (weapons, spells, complex forms) didn't had skills score anymore. Today I investigate and all my PCs skills attributes are translated in french. I don't know why or how it happened... These sheets exist till a few months and were working correctly last week... And you are completly right, translating variables... it's... I can't understand how it could happen...
Ok Cassie, I think I have understand the root of the issue... My PCs are created with chummer5, in french mode. I have imported .json characters. When I create a character directly in Roll20, there's no issue, skill attribute name stays in english. The issue is probably linked to crowdin anyway because PCs sheets were working fine till last week. But now... I think I have no other choice than correct each sheets skills attributes one by one and use chummer in english when making my imports by now.
Ok, slightly bigger issue now! I'm unable to import any characters from a JSON file any more. I did note that you are required to select a compendium in the game settings, and I did so, but any time I try and import a character it just brings up the "Importing your shadowrun character..." screen and fails to go any further.
Update - I tried importing a sheet that I'd already sucessfully imported previously and it worked so I thought it might be an issue with the last Chummer update. I then tried another sheet that I'd created before the Chummer update and that didn't work so I tried loading the character that sucessfully imported previously and re-created the json in the latest version of Chummer and that did work! I'm stumped! Anyone else having this issue?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Fitz, Its probably an oddity or field I didn't account for. Can you put the JSON file in a google drive and PM me the link? When it gets hung on that import screen its usually a data issue. - Cassie
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Akefal, FYI the importer has no language support. It have never tried to use it outside of English. - Cassie
Hi Cassie, Thanks for looking into this, I've PM'd you with a few links to various sheets. It does seem that I'm unable to import any sheet that I have created recently. I've tried building a few new ones over the last few days and none will import. I've even provided a link to one that imported ok previously but no longer does so.
Further update, I've tried using various different browsers just in case that was a problem and am experiencing the same issue on Firefox, Opera, Edge and Chrome. I've had the players send me a json in case my version of chummer is the problem but still having the same issue and I've updated to the latest beta of chummer as well and am still having the same issue. Am I the only one with this problem? If so I may need to borrow one of you to add some sheets to my game as we have 3 new starters next week lol!
Looks like it isn't just me as all my players are having the same issue. No idea if it is a chummer issue or a roll20 issue but I can't seem to find anyone else reporting a problem.
The Sourcefile for the Shadowrun-Logo at the top left, seems to be missing. The link from the sheet leads into the big nothingness of the internet. Causes the whole Menu to glitch downwards into the personal data and primary fighting sheets, though...
This is the link the sheet is trying to use that no longer has the silver 'Shadowrun' image: <a href="https://imgsrv.roll20.net/?src=https%3A//raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/master/Shadowrun5thEdition/imgs//ShadowrunLogo.png" rel="nofollow">https://imgsrv.roll20.net/?src=https%3A//raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/master/Shadowrun5thEdition/imgs//ShadowrunLogo.png</a>
The Shadowrun 5e PC character sheets seem to be broken due to a graphical bug, please fix when you can.
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
Looks like Cassie got this one straightened out. We should be good to go now!
Just checked and character import is still not working.

Edited 1613178233
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Welp that is frustrating. It seems to be working fine in my source files:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/clevett/Roll20-character-sheet-Shadowrun-5th-Edition" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/clevett/Roll20-character-sheet-Shadowrun-5th-Edition</a> Put in another PR to try to fix this,&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/8278" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/8278</a> Works in Custom sheets. If that doesn't fix it I'm out. Too frustrating not to be able to test, roll out fix, and test.
Just wish I knew enough about how the sheets work to be able to offer some useful input or be able to help code the fixes myself :(
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
I've confirmed Chummer import is working. Did you remember to select a Compendium (I usually just pick AGON) on the Campaign Settings page? I noticed there's no error feedback if you don't select a Compendium, it just doesn't take you to the Charactermancer tab and sits there staring at you. I'll see if I can figure out a way generate feedback or an error or something when that happens. I'm working on getting up to speed on Cassie's rather impressive work so that I can keep improving this sheet.

Edited 1613429560
Still no joy for me, just hangs on the 'Importing your shadowrun character' screen. I've double checked and I do have a Compendium selected, I think it's the standard D&amp;D one edit - Just tried changing the compendium to AGON just in case but still no joy

Edited 1613431421
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If the Importer opens then the code is fixed. If its hanging on importing the character then usually the chummer json is doing something the importer did not anticipate. Could be chummer changing the json or its just has an edge case.
Weird, it seems to be on every character I've tried (about 5 or 6 recently) and all the players in my game are having the same issue. Sadly I don't even know where to start looking for the problem.
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
I slid into your DMs, Fitz. Send me the .json files, I'll take a look.
Fitz said: Still no joy for me, just hangs on the 'Importing your shadowrun character' screen. I've double checked and I do have a Compendium selected, I think it's the standard D&amp;D one edit - Just tried changing the compendium to AGON just in case but still no joy I had the same problem and first step was I created a fresh game, selected the sheet but didn't change anything else like GM whisper and set AGON as my compendium wihtout sharing enabled. I tried and it worked like a charm. Next step was I mirrored these settings in my campaign I wanted to try the sheet in the first place and suddenly it worked there, too (tried it before changing the settings and it didn't work then)

Edited 1613471006
Ok, tried that and I could import the sheet I tried into the new game but even changing all the settings to be the same on my main campaign I still couldn't import it there. We seem to be getting closer though!! Edit!!! Found it!! If you have 'Use window popouts for characters' selected in the game options then character sheets will not import. Sheesh, it was a bit of a drama working that out lol!
Whilst I'm here, is there a way to allow armour stacking? like if you use a helmet that adds +3 etc.
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
Woot! Good work, guys! @Fitz: That's something that's been bugging me as well. I'll add it to the list of improvements. No promises on a 'when' right now... I taught myself JavaScript during pandemic furlough so I'd be able to edit the API and I'm just starting to dig into the meat of the character sheet, so give me a little time to acclimate myself :D
No worries! I wouldn't even know where to start, but do let me know if you think there's something I could help with. I know the 'Advanced' SR5 sheet has it so you might be able to reverse engineer it from that.
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
I introduced a minor bug in the recent script cleanup that affects the Armor Soak button on the Arms tab. I've submitted the fix and should be applied in the next update. Apologies, I really thought I'd checked over everything!
I think I might have found the Armor Soak bug.
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
Yup, that's the one!
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
So I'm pretty new at this and I think I need a pointer to help me understand the process. I've submitted the most recent bugfix through the Github app 9 days ago. I can see it at&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Noctifer1011/roll20-character-sheets/commit/2cb3c939424becae558e9eb7d4f7883b3e54853e" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Noctifer1011/roll20-character-sheets/commit/2cb3c939424becae558e9eb7d4f7883b3e54853e</a> &nbsp;, but I suspect I'm missing a step to submit that change to the main file. Anyone got any pointers for me? I suspect its something easy, but documentation I've found isn't helping me (so far).
R. William
Pro
API Scripter
Alright, I think I've got it sorted now... we'll see!
Bug report: It seems that wound penalties are being added twice to Attribute-Attribute tests like Composure, Judge Intentions, and Memory. Skills and other such rolls don't seem to be affected, so it might be that the penalty is being added to each attribute before the attributes are added together.
I don't really know what's causing it, but on one of my player's sheets, all &nbsp;of their spells are forced to use the Alchemy skill, instead of Spellcasting. Did we do something wrong or is the sheet reading the chummer import strangely?
hello ! i Can't import a Json file to create a new character anybody had the same&nbsp; bug ?&nbsp;

Edited 1622223633
Hello, I would like to suggest a couple minor changes / feature requests for this great sheet: In attribute rolls, addition of stun and physical recovery rolls (witch are generally very common) Default value for spellcasting and summoning force to either be equal to character's magic or to be able to be set elsewhere Default value for spellcasting and summoning drain resist bonus to be able to be set elsewhere (to reflect things like centering) Summon/bind spirit to be moved inline with the spirits so socialization could be either set with a checkbox (like skills) or with a "bonus" field (like for spells)