Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I can't open again a Handout once I close it

I find it hard to believe that this issue has still not been resolved after, what?, 8 months since it was formally reported? This issue is, effectively, a fatal error that forces the GM to reload the page and manually re-open any previously open character sheets or handouts while the game is paused. "Stop using Chrome" is not a solution, that is a workaround. There was a time when Internet Explorer was considered the "gold standard" for a web browser but that has long since been replaced by Chrome. If you do not fully support the "gold standard" then what web browser do you support? ps. Yes, I'm a freeloader user now but this issue encouraged me to cancel my subscription.
David
Sheet Author
DiceWrangler said: I find it hard to believe that this issue has still not been resolved after, what?, 8 months since it was formally reported? Glad to see that the important stuff is getting seen to first. Our default 52 card deck backing has gotten a makeover.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
While I agree that continued silence on this issue is frustrating, the skill sets needed to build a card deck and to fix a browser compatibility issue do not overlap. I can (and have) done the former, I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to start on the latter.
David
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: While I agree that continued silence on this issue is frustrating, the skill sets needed to build a card deck and to fix a browser compatibility issue do not overlap. I can (and have) done the former, I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to start on the latter. And? Its a matter of resources, people who create graphics for card backs get paid. Using the money to pay people to fix the many petty and not so petty bugs like this would be money much better spent rather than spending it on fluff. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Development (and companies and budgets in general) don't work that way. I know the issue is annoying, but it's not fixed by taking money from some people and throwing it at other people, especially when there is no overlap in skills.

Edited 1623259495
David
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: Development (and companies and budgets in general) don't work that way. I know the issue is annoying, but it's not fixed by taking money from some people and throwing it at other people, especially when there is no overlap in skills. How do you  know someone was not specifically hired to redo the card backs.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have some insight into the process (having done freelance, contract, and marketplace work for Roll20), and it could certainly be that is the case. You can give an artist parameters for creating a card deck. I could do it even if I had never seen Roll20. You can't contract a coder off the street and say fix the interaction between this specific function on my site, and whatever is causing it not to function on this browser. They are different problems. "We can put a man on the moon but we can't _______". But that's immaterial. Departments get budgets. This would be handled by different departments. Without more and specific internal information, our debate is simple speculation. We don't know any details.
Weighing in with another voice on this irritating bug. I use a lot of handouts for my players and once I've edited them and check them, I can't open them again unless I refresh the browser page. during development, this is irritating. During actual play, it's a real pain as I can't refer back to anything I've opened then closed to save screen space. Some movement on this bug would really be appreciated!
Just started experiencing this. Super annoying.