Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Warhammer Fantasy 4e - Official Sheet [Cubicle7]

LongShadow
Pro
Sheet Author
Can the first post in the thread be updated? What's still in development, what has been resolved, etc.?
Is anyone able to tell me how the Advances tab is supposed to work? For each attribute and skill there is a field for both initial value and the advances you take. The initial field isn't filled in automatically with the initial values from the main tab, but if I fill in any of the initial fields on the advances tab, that value gets added to the value in the advance field. So it doubles the skill or attributes total value. Am I supposed to just leave the initial values empty on the Advances tab?
Je pense que c'est une des raisons qui vont finalement me faire passer sur Foundry, car cette fiche est un enfer à utiliser.
Ermite said: Je pense que c'est une des raisons qui vont finalement me faire passer sur Foundry, car cette fiche est un enfer à utiliser. I couldn't agree more, though something keeps bringing me back to Roll20, I've started working on an alternative Character Sheet here , hopeful it'll be the sheet we deserve rather than the sheet we were given.
Sounds good, but what is up with the other two user-created WHRP sheets available in Roll20? I saw about a year ago there was some intense discussion about who would do what, but the result isn't very clear. It seems like both are hobby projects, but is either recommended by the majority or I need to ask my players to test both and vote on it or?
Alex Heming said: Sounds good, but what is up with the other two user-created WHRP sheets available in Roll20? I saw about a year ago there was some intense discussion about who would do what, but the result isn't very clear. It seems like both are hobby projects, but is either recommended by the majority or I need to ask my players to test both and vote on it or? The one I'm proposing would be totally new, I wouldn't want to force a new sheet onto its current users who are used to its current styles and layouts. The new sheet will give the opportunity for removing some of the repetitive code and multiple images to increase loading and responsiveness times, I'd also look for a way to "import" the current variety of sheets to ensure anything isn't lost. I'd please ask conversation about it though would be on its own forum page  to prevent anything getting misplaced for the Official or any other sheet. Cheers!
LongShadow
Pro
Sheet Author
Are Fast SLs supported in the official sheet? I can't find an option for them. For reference the rules on page 152 of the core book:- "Determining your SL involves some simple mathematics, so calculating it can slow play during fraught scenes. Fortunately, there is a fast way to calculate SL for those looking to keep their games as fast as possible. When you pass a Test, use the result of the tens die as your SL. So, if you passed a Test with a roll of 36, you score +3 SL. With this optional rule, the closer you roll to your tested Skill, the better, rather than rolling low being best. If a Test fails, you calculate SL as normal, taking your rolled tens die from your tested Skill to determine your negative SL."
Alex Heming said: Sounds good, but what is up with the other two user-created WHRP sheets available in Roll20? I saw about a year ago there was some intense discussion about who would do what, but the result isn't very clear. It seems like both are hobby projects, but is either recommended by the majority or I need to ask my players to test both and vote on it or? I'm fairly biased as he is one of my players, but Djjus's 4e Character Sheet is being constantly updated and developed. I'd recommend taking a look if it has passed you by. It's made playing 4e much easier, especially at high xp where the combat can get crunchier with talents, bonus SLs and equipment qualities.
LongShadow
Pro
Sheet Author
LongShadow said: Can the first post in the thread be updated? What's still in development, what has been resolved, etc.? I posted this a month ago and lots of people have posted things before and since that have gone unanswered. Is anyone from Roll20 looking at this thread?
Is it possible to find a command line that the character sheet uses to apply the graphic design to every roll? I want to build macros for few things and I want them to look just like the chat entries when a speech bubble next to a talent is pressed.
When you add a new NPC and then you set all the characteristics, all the skills are set to 0 (cero). So if I want to Dodge with that NPC, the Target Number is 0 (cero). Is this a bug or is it on purpose? This is really troublesome because if I want to create a lots of NPC for my game, I have to manually set the appropriate value for each skill. 
Hi, The SL issue still hasn't been resolved, and it would be nice to have things like Impale, Defensive, Impact etc automatically work. I would love to use the Compendium in game, but these issues have pushed me towards the fanmade one by Djjus (although there are issues with that one, particularly the NPC sheet seems not to be able to register attacks). Cheers
Report Issue Advances tab doesn't work correctly in the Polish version of the sheet - skills advancement in the Advances tab don't appear in the Main tab. I suspect that this may also apply to other translations. I checked and it seems that in order for the skill advancements noted in the Advances tab to appear also in the Main tab, you should write exactly the same names of the skills in both. That's how it works in English version. In the Polish version, however, apparently the Main tab doesn't "see" the names of the skills in the Advances tab. I made sure they were 100% the same and it still doesn't work. This is the issue that makes the sheet unusable.
The Russian version of the character sheet has the same problem. Automatic skill calculation does not work.

Edited 1642964153
Alchimiks said: The Russian version of the character sheet has the same problem. Automatic skill calculation does not work. Skill Names are also parameters for formulas. So if you don't use their original names calculations will not work - system just can't find that param. If you use their original names, check for spaces - if you place them for example before or after skill name it will not work because system read whole string. Same for specializations of Ranged, Melee and Channeling - you have to use their English names. For other specs you can use any name. To solve this problem of localizations authors have to do something with bonds between skill names and params.
Aldo said: When you add a new NPC and then you set all the characteristics, all the skills are set to 0 (cero). So if I want to Dodge with that NPC, the Target Number is 0 (cero). Is this a bug or is it on purpose? This is really troublesome because if I want to create a lots of NPC for my game, I have to manually set the appropriate value for each skill.  Just a raw character sheet((( If NPC doesn't have any Advances in a skill you have to print value of according stat manually.
LongShadow said: Can the first post in the thread be updated? What's still in development, what has been resolved, etc.? It looks like nothing changed. Author forgot about us or have no time for Roll20 character sheet
Hi guys, I have done Spanish translation for this Sheet but it is not being reflected. Anyone knows how to force a refresh on this?

Edited 1643321254
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Guver said: Hi guys, I have done Spanish translation for this Sheet but it is not being reflected. Anyone knows how to force a refresh on this? I think those generally happen at the same time sheet code updates are pushed live, which is usually on Tuesdays.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Roll20 usually updates translations once a week(Tuesday), taking all the changes suggested through CrowdIn, and sends them to Github. Changes submitted through CrowdIn are therefore never updated immediately, but take time until Roll20 have reviewed the changes. Expect to wait around a week before your suggested translations have gone live on Roll20.
Well, I believe there is some other issue going on, some translation where done more than 1 year ago. The strings, I'm not sure where they are coming from. Dodge skill in the Char sheet shows as "esquiva" But then in Crowdlin
Trasnlation is now working. Thanks all for the support. Question though, I can't make the query of the rolls to stop showing. I want only the Difficulty query to show but nothing else. Regardless of the setting in the sheet, or modification I do in the attributes tab, they still display. Someone figured this out?
Loup Garou said: Is anyone able to tell me how the Advances tab is supposed to work? For each attribute and skill there is a field for both initial value and the advances you take. The initial field isn't filled in automatically with the initial values from the main tab, but if I fill in any of the initial fields on the advances tab, that value gets added to the value in the advance field. So it doubles the skill or attributes total value. Am I supposed to just leave the initial values empty on the Advances tab? Hi Loup. I have the same issue with the Advances part of the character sheet (althopugh I am a total noob at Roll20...). Did you ever get a response ? Cheers Joffa

Edited 1645500530
Does anyone know the purpose of the "Modifiers" field? WAIT...I think I figured it out, its just not being applied from the Main > Conditions section. (And neither is the "Global Penalty" value...) Also, any other documentation for this sheet in general?
Aldo said: When you add a new NPC and then you set all the characteristics, all the skills are set to 0 (cero). So if I want to Dodge with that NPC, the Target Number is 0 (cero). Is this a bug or is it on purpose? This is really troublesome because if I want to create a lots of NPC for my game, I have to manually set the appropriate value for each skill.  You can set the characteristics on the non-NPC view first and then toggle to NPC. This will copy the base characteristic values into ALL the skill fields on the NPC version of the form. Not perfect (because, if you choose to display skills on the NPC version, ALL the skills are displayed), but fast. You can then adjust individual skills as-needed. If you want to get rid of any, just set their values to 0 (personally, too much effort). Another approach would be to - as mentioned above - set only the skills needed to support combat controls; dodge, endurance, intuition, perception, and cool, plus any additional ones needed. These would either be set to the custom value you prefer, or their base characteristic value; e.g. dodge = agility. All this is frustrating but makes sense. The character sheet uses characteristics as a base for all skills. The skills are then used by the combat control buttons. If the skills don't get populated (and they don't on the NPC view of the sheet), they have a 0 value.
Another issue: On the NPC view, any Grouped skill (with text in parenthesis) doesn't appear on the skills list if/when provided a value and the skills are displayed. The work-around is to add the skills to the Additional Skills section.

Edited 1648878554
This probably isn't the best place for this but lacking an official, pinned WFRP 4e character sheet thread, this is as good a place as any. I've been working through all the limitations / defects in the sheet to figure out the best and easiest way to create a functional NPC sheet. A lot of issues I'm seeing from others seems to revolve around this. So, here's how I create a new, custom NPC; for example the The Beast of Ortschlamm - a basilisk, but not the version from the bestiary. Before you toggle to NPC view, go to sheet settings and set the character size. This is important, because it determines how the NPC's max wounds are calculated. Check this value after doing so.  If its not what you need it to be, enter the appropriate value in the Wounds mod field to get it where you want it. I found that, while you can just set the value on the character's Abilities & Attributes tab, certain changes on the sheet will force an auto-recalculate and overwrite that value, so I use this method. Whatever you do, DO NOT enter the NPC's characteristics in the non-NPC view. Switch to NPC view. Enter the NPC's movement, characteristics, and wounds. BTW, in my WFRP games the wounds value starts at zero , not its maximum value (see above)! A creature gains wounds; not loses them; but you can treat them like hit points and set it to the maximum if that works for you. Next set the "combat control" skill values. Unless you have specific, custom values for these, use the following characteristic values for these skills. This way, when you use the combat buttons (necessary if you want Advantage auto-added to skill tests), the appropriate skill value will be used as the target base value (otherwise, it will always be zero). Dodge = Agility Endurance = Toughness Intuition = Initiative Perception = Initiative Cool = Will Power Enter the skill values for any/all Melee and Ranged skills, as needed. If the grouping is custom (for example, Melee (Tooth and Claw!) enter that as Melee (Basic), or whatever. When you add the NPC's attacks (from the compendium) make sure  you then set each attack's Target value to point to the appropriate skill. Enter any additional skill values needed. IMPORTANT: If you are adding a Grouped skill, the skills listed on the NPC view will NOT display in the Skills section if/when you have Show Skills checked. You will need to add these in the Additional Skills section to get them to display and function. Significant defect, IMO, but at least there's a work-around. In the Settings, Toggle both the Query Difficulty and Query Additional Bonus drop-downs to Off and then back to On. For some reason these are NOT enabled by default until you do this. Finally, tweak any other settings needed and then add attacks, traits, etc., as needed. Finally, note that all this is for creating minor NPCs and creatures not found in the Bestiary. Major NPCs should probably be created as characters using the full sheet view. I hope this helps anyone who's frustrated with the NPC view.
Kavini
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello Everyone, Sorry for the delay between updates. I've been hard at work developing a reasonably sizeable overhaul to the way that the sheet works in order to leverage some new technologies Roll20 has opened up to sheet devs and to overall make the sheet more performant and easier to use. We're still some distance off this completely coming to fruition, but here's a sneak preview at what some of these changes will look like when they're ready to go. Some of the things we'll be able to do with the new sheet: Better Roll Bonuses Handling Better Talent Handling Better & More Consistent Results Calculations Critical Hit & Fumble Rolls Melee Weapons will have regular attacks, off-hand attacks, and parry rolls.  Ranged Weapons have an optional reload counter, that will make the relevant check in order to reload and add the success levels.  Spells will have built in channeling support, allowing you to roll the channeling test, have the results reflected on the spell, and then have it affect the final casting roll. There's also a slew of bugfixes, and improved NPC support including better skill and (finally) spell support.  I'm hoping that these will all be ready in late May or early June. Once the overhaul is complete, we should be able to release features at an increased rate. Thanks for being patient, and sorry again for being slow to update this thread!
Thank you so much Kavini for this awesome news. It looks really good. We are eager to play with this New sheet.  One question only. Will the melee attacks now roll just 1D100 or still 2D100? . I find it a bit annoying and confusing right now. Thank you so much for you amazing work guys! 

Edited 1651992217
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The only way to truly resolve the crunchiness is to enable the target to be selected and then roll both attack/defense taking into accounting relevant talents, weapons, armor, etc.  Without an API, possibly a Roll20 API available to non-pro users, even that is a challenge because diff talents can come into play.  It's not a one stop shopping approach to rolling combat.  I tried to address this in my own personal 4e char sheet which I never pushed to Roll20.  Best case is have attacker roll and include those talents always included and give options for additional talents and then have defenders roll and include their talents.  4e is crunchy.  Hard to get around.  Too crunchy You need a  mechanism to track talents that always happen vs. talents are a choice.  Talents that always happen are auto included.  Talents that are a choice are given to attacker/defender.  Even in this model, there's no automated attack/defense.  Attacker rolls/Defender rolls.  No real way around it in 4e.  

Edited 1653199830
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Two weeks later no other response?  Did I hit this nail on the head.  A way too crunchy system that can't be automated?  Way too many choices round by round?  WTF?  No one had anything to say?  Glad I dropped 4e as a system I want to run.  And I ran it for a while.  Eventually got tired of the crunchiness.  Someone please say something else or otherwise drop this char sheet and game 

Edited 1653488604
Any update on the species advances being unable to be deleted? Once you've committed to either the +3 or +5 to one skill you can't delete them with the X, potentially softlocking the character sheet due to a missclick. Sure, not a huge deal when you make sure to do that first, but still a potential for annoyance. I've tried switching species, but it doesn't reset the points, sadly. Also: even when using a different language, you -have- to enter skills in English if you want the advances to count. Makes it awkward when the skills themselves on the sheet do get translated but you have to enter "Consume alcohol" to raise your "Zechen" for example.
Ninaran said: Any update on the species advances being unable to be deleted? Once you've committed to either the +3 or +5 to one skill you can't delete them with the X, potentially softlocking the character sheet due to a missclick. I can concur that this is a thing - when you hit the "X" button the sheet will ask to update but nothing will change. Even if you remove the skill name, for example "charm" and replace it with some other skill name and update, the bonus will stay on charm.

Edited 1655479444
Hi all! Do you have any update about new version of character sheet? I will start a new campaign of WHFR on roll20 and I would like to know when I'll be able to create notes and sheets for my players :D Thank you!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's other 4e char sheets.  If the official one isn't getting updated quickly enough find another.  
Yes I saw other 4e char sheets but I love the official one. I asked update to Kavini about char sheet only because he said that the new one would be ready in late May or early June :D
Justin V.
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Victor B. said: Two weeks later no other response?  Did I hit this nail on the head.  A way too crunchy system that can't be automated?  Way too many choices round by round?  WTF?  No one had anything to say?  Glad I dropped 4e as a system I want to run.  And I ran it for a while.  Eventually got tired of the crunchiness.  Someone please say something else or otherwise drop this char sheet and game  Your absoluty right Victor. It's an extremely difficult Game to automate to the level where you dont feel the crunh as much, predminaly due to addin bonuses like Talents(~170)/Quailties(~30)/Conditions(~14), which really begin to stack up on each character after a few 1000's xp only. The higher level you get the harder it becomes to hold it all together. I Author one of the Alternate sheets (Djjus), and its taken me 2 1/2 years to get it to the point where most bonuses are automated, but some things remain impossible due to roll20 underlying mechanics, like fully auotmated opposed rolls. You can get close to it with APIs, but its very janky and i just dont like it, so players need to be able to compare SLs thats it. Provided they understand how to configure the sheet, which is a challenge when a complex game of this nature is made to be automated. To be fair it's not been easy, alot of play testing, i've got to know some good people in the community have helped me, and I simply love WFRP so it's also been very rewarding too.
This may have already been answered but i can't find it. How do you add or advance in skills not part of your career, or that are part of your race at creation?
Adam521 said: This may have already been answered but i can't find it. How do you add or advance in skills not part of your career, or that are part of your race at creation? I believe you can do this from the cog (settings) tab of the character sheet, though I haven't tried it.

Edited 1657725307
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but is it possible to add a horizontal scroll bar when the sheet size is reduced as well as a vertical one to save the page getting all scrunched up.  Unfortunately being partially sighted I have to have everything enlarged so i can see it, and this is one of the most common problems I face with character sheets. This screen shot should give you an idea of how it looks if it is opened so that I can still see the chat box. Being able to only see two columns at a time is far better than not being able to read most of the sheet. Edit:  Not sure if it matters, but the game was open in Google Chrome when the screen shot was taken.

Edited 1658673274
Report Issue Encumbrance Maximum not Worked out Correctly. Description:   A character maximum encumbrance should be equal to Strength Bonus + Toughness Bonus, currently it seems to be a set value of 10. Edit:  This seems to have happened recently, a friend created a character about a week ago and it worked fine, now it seems to have changed to the set value. I will also add while I'm on, i have recently found the currency converter included in the sheet and that is a wonderful little addition, particularly for those who struggle with the non decimal currency the game uses.
Issue: Conditions not applying modifiers to rolls. The conditions will drag from the compendium fine and enter themselves on the sheet but the Global Penalty is never applied to any rolls made. Also, changing the ranks does not alter the Global Penalty amount (though I recognise this could be way it is supposed to work). 
Bug Report When you add a helm, it doesn't matter whether it's worn or not, it applies the Perception penalty. Most disconcertingly, the penalty remains even once you remove the item from your inventory. 
All of sudden, NPC sheets don't add difficulties to the target number. They query but then don't apply it.

Edited 1661336152
Issue - &{template: wfrp} is unreadable when using roll20's dark mode Description of issue :  Roll template text is unreadable on roll20's dark mode. This is due to the dark mode switching text to be a white color and the template uses a white paper background. Switching the template's image to a tan/brown paper background should fix the issue Screenshots:
Jacob R.
Pro
Translator
Are anybody working on this sheet? The above bugs are pretty damaging.
Jacob R. said: Are anybody working on this sheet? The above bugs are pretty damaging. Hey Jacob, Kavini has been working on this version of the WFRP 4e sheet. I play using this sheet with the compendium pretty much every week and the issues that are reported here do seem to be addressed at a reasonable rate. I'd like to see Roll20 officially support this sheet and system, which would hopefully give it a community mod or something to provide updates when the sheet builds are published.