Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

IC 19-29/9/1359 Rockwood Hold

Simon N. said: GM: Who has the locket (Mirna's locket) taken from the troll lair? OoC: I believe Malied took that, but he may have given it to Fraener. 

Edited 1618810062
"Ted, thank you for the loan of your bow. It proved to be quite useful. I used a few arrows, but I will replenish them for you as soon as we see a fletcher or weapons merchant. I think I will also be purchasing a bow of my own; as effective as my staff and fists may be, there is a lot to be said for not getting smashed in the face with a maul every time I try to hit something!" Erasmus returns the shortbow to Ted, along with 8 clean and 6 bloodied arrows. "Sorry I couldn't recover any more, some were trampled or snapped when the orcs fell on them."
WhiteValyrian said: "Norrin you always spouting that the south must stay united to face any upcoming threats might I suggest we help out your fellow humans at Malthlyn, other than owning a silver mine their precious farms are ransacked by giants, ogres and orcs. we cant let the innocents continue to suffer from these evil creatures I say we help them out"    Erasmus: "We should pay a visit to the Malthen Estate. It would not be reasonable to assume that we can just interfere with the affairs of a village supposedly under the protection of a Manor. To do so may give a particular appearance which, with the D'Ashe Manor so closely linked to us, could be misconstrued as a direct challenge on the power of the Malthen Estate."
“My friend, Strohm, I’d be delighted to help out. Why I will forge it for you myself if good Master Flint will grant me leave to use his facilities.” WhiteValyrian said: Strohm is in a pretty good mood, with the silver ingots receive from Flint he now has just enough to buy the renovated farmhouse for his harem but then the dwarves offer silver weapons. Strohm knew that dwarven cleric will not stop in reclaiming his haunted forge and silver weapons would do well against the creatures living in the dark but he will not have enough for his new home. Seeing that this Dwarf cleric has been bringing him to dangerous caves and tunnels Strohm approach the dwarf with a proposition. "Fraener my dwarf friend I ask for a short loan, a silver weapon would be of good use in clearing your ancestral forge if I am so bold can I ask you to purchase me a silver maul."  "I swear on my name on the next adventure I will pay back the gold"
Tim M. said: Simon N. said: GM: Who has the locket (Mirna's locket) taken from the troll lair? OoC: I believe Malied took that, but he may have given it to Fraener.  I think Fraener showed it to the fragrant Lady Mirna at Dwarfhold but didn’t keep it when it was shown not to be hers.
GM: Fraener can forge a mundane silvered maul for 55gp in components taking 6 days, or a mithril maul +1&nbsp; for 400gp in components, taking 10 days&nbsp;<a href="http://frloudwater.blogspot.com/2021/02/crafting-magic-weapons.html" rel="nofollow">http://frloudwater.blogspot.com/2021/02/crafting-magic-weapons.html</a>
Chris T. said: Tim M. said: Simon N. said: GM: Who has the locket (Mirna's locket) taken from the troll lair? OoC: I believe Malied took that, but he may have given it to Fraener.&nbsp; I think Fraener showed it to the fragrant Lady Mirna at Dwarfhold but didn’t keep it when it was shown not to be hers. OK so Malied has it.
"And, if Mistress Gundra is happy with this, we should definitely stop by here to stock up on her marvellous brew before venturing back into Khundrakar. It could make all the difference!"&nbsp;

Edited 1618906486
Tim M. said: "And, if Mistress Gundra is happy with this, we should definitely stop by here to stock up on her marvellous brew before venturing back into Khundrakar. It could make all the difference!"&nbsp; Gundra can brew you up to 10 cans total of GPA (Gundra's Pale Ale) for 50gp each (or 1/day). When drunk as an Action, for 1 hour they grant +7 temporary hit points &amp; immunity to being Frightened. You&nbsp; can’t benefit from this (Blessed Brew) again until you finish a short or&nbsp;long rest. The GPA can last for up to a month if well cared for.
Congratulations on defeating the orcs and slaying Grizelda!&nbsp; Huzzah!&nbsp;
Matt said: Congratulations on defeating the orcs and slaying Grizelda!&nbsp; Huzzah!&nbsp; She took a quarterstaff to the chops. XD
Splendid stuff!
Norrin has spent the last week at Rockwood Hall, deep in conversation with Flint, helping the dwarves rebuild after the attack -- although he definitely felt like excess baggage compared to the building skill of the dwarves -- and riding out on patrols to keep an eye out for any return of the orcs. His patrols unconsciously kept bringing him closer and closer to Orc Glen. Or did they? He's curious to see what kind of community the orcs have built for themselves, and is even more curious to learn if they're rebuilding after the defeat at Rockwood Hall. But he knows that he should be cautious, and he tempers his desires. On the way back from a patrol a chilly gust of wind catches him unawares, and the steel armour he wears is uncomfortable where the cold bites into him. Aye, winter is coming, and he wonders if it's time to settle down for more pastoral pursuits for the next few months. A mug of hot apple cider with rum in one hand, and ear scratches for Ranger with the other. It might be time to start expanding on the small trade network he has started to build, and turn D'Ashe Manor into a proper trading hub. He hasn't spent much time in Damara, but he's sure winters here are long and unpleasant. Although it's actually further south than Waterdeep where he grew up, Waterdeep's climate was a lot milder due to being on the seacoast; Damara is an inland country, bordered on the south and west by high mountains, and nothing but open steppe and tundra to the north. He's definitely not looking forward to it. Aye, time to go home. Home -- there's that word again, something that will take some getting used to. His home in Waterdeep was naught but a small room he shared with his mother at the inn where she was a housemaid. It was comfortable, but really just a place to live. At D'Ashe Manor, he is lord, and it is his home. He smiles. The festhall is comfortable and his friends are there, but he knows -- he hopes -- it's only temporary, until he can build a proper keep for himself. Another gust of wind shakes him out of his reverie, and he spurs his horse forward. He finds the dwarven folk to be a little too dour, a little too serious for his liking; although they are grateful for the assistance that he and his companions have provided in defeating the orcs and he considers them to be likeable neighbours, he still much prefers the comforts of home. And he's been away from Barbara long enough. Yes, time to go home.