Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Looking For GM] Sunday Morning or Afternoon Streaming Group

Welcome to Know Your Roll! You clicked on over to read this, so hopefully you are the person we are looking for. We are a small streaming group that has been playing together and streaming our adventures ( HERE ) for about eight years now. We also post our recordings to youtube ( HERE ) daily, for future watching. At KYR we like to enjoy the spectrum of games that the medium has to offer. All too often, we find ourselves mired in the swamp that is our industries giant, D&D. Well, we like to play what the small guys can offer... or the non-tabletop big guys making their first foray into the medium as well! What we need is a GM, or two, that is available on either Sunday Morning (10AM to 2PM EST) or Sunday Afternoon (2PM to 6PM EST) that enjoy running games. We'll be honest with you, we've always been small. Sometimes we have an audience, sometimes we don't. Our best series got over 23k views on youtube, our normal series get far less. Only saying that to mitigate any expectations that this is a money making operation, we are in it for the fun and posterity.  Reply below if you'd like to run anything other than 5e... for example, I hear Fallout has a pretty good RPG at the moment. ;-)
I can't commit to full campaigns nor every week, but I can run one-shot games like board/card games, RPG games (see list below) in the afternoon ; Do Not Let Us Die In The Dark Night Of This Cold Winter  (run as boardgame) MonsDRAWsity English Eerie Beak, Feather and Bone Spree! (Print and Play Adaptation) Carcassonne Free Demo (Print and Play Adaptation) The Artifact Wreck of the Pandora (Adapted board game using 5E combat mechanics) Robot Gladiators Tides of Darkness  (also uses 5E combat mechanics) The games vary in length and the print and play games were adapted for use on Roll20 for a kid's gaming club. I'm looking into changing the games that use 5E mechanics to something simpler. Games that are still in development (and could use some playtesting)... Capture the Flag Various Create your own adventure style games (adaptions from existing print and play games) Escape room puzzle games I don't know if any of this interests your group or works for you. Just let me know.
We do have a drop-in and drop-out group called The Board Room where we used to do Board Game streams. Might be interesting in getting that going again. An example of which would be...  The Board Room
Looks cool! Do you use Discord for audio/video?
Yes, I'd post a link to our community but that is against Roll20 guidelines. However, any video or twitch link should have an associated link in it.
Join my game online TTRPG on Roll20 and Discord called Firewinds of the Seas. It is a pre-gunpowder Medieval Pirate Adventure with some low level limited magic. The story will be like the Odyssey by Homer. With Viking, Mayan, Samurai, or Egyptian, Mythology NPCs as well as homebrew fantasy creatures.    ALL PLAYERS ARE HUMAN CHARACTERS in this fighting and warrior game. This game system is NOT D&D or PATHFINDER, but is much easier to learn and play. THERE ARE NO SPECIAL CLASS OR RACE ABILITIES. In this system everyone can equally fight, heal or cast magic and other skills to start, then YOU GET TO CHOOSE which skills to put points in. The  RELIGION/MAGIC SKILL in this game system can help you deal with situations and make your weapon attack rolls a little better and give you a little protection from attacks and a small amount of healing.  This is not Harry Potter you won't be able to kill things with a magic wand. USE YOUR FIGHTING SKILL for the honor of your namesake and defend the ship! You can throw spears and shoot bows with your RANGED WEAPON SKILL or use your STRENGTH SKILL to tackle and restrain your enemies.  You will also need to be civilized enough to visit towns and villages. Use your CHARISMA/CHARM, MUSIC, PERFORMANCE/ACTING, DECEPTION, PERSUASION/NEGOTIATION and INTIMIDATION skills to negotiate with craftsmen and secure contracts for lucrative expeditions, make friends and charm the royalty, magistrates and fair maidens into favorable determinations.      Fix the ship and sails, forge new weapons, and build hideouts to brew kegs of beverages with your BLACKSMITH/REPAIR, CARPENTRY, and DOMESTIC CRAFTS/FOOD/SEWING SKILLS. Everyone can use their MEDICINE AND HEALING SKILL but if you do it wrong you can end up hurting the ones you are trying to help, especially if you don't have a lot of skill in it.  Everyone has the same ability to hit and be hit in this TARGETED AC SYSTEM and head shots do double damage. Damage in other areas could leave you with a peg leg or wooden hand.  Your BODY CONSTITUTION SKILL can help you survive negative hit points without dieing.  Your HISTORY/KNOWLEDGE/INTELLIGENCE SKILL can help you learn more skill points in game, and your other skills like ANIMAL HANDLING, SURVIVAL, AND SAILING can help you ride wild beasts and horses, hunt and fish, and master the most deadliest seas.  When you play your first game you will be a “red shirt''. You will get a low stat character and get to play today, it will not be a 4 hour "zero secession" of making characters. After you have played a game we can make a character. I play 3-4 times a week.   Usually I start  8-9pm MST (GMT-6) but I could also play in the mornings.  Join my discord server and join one of my random pick up games.      If you have a group of 3 or more close friends and a set time when you all meet weekly or bi weekly I can run a private game for you and your friends.   REQUIREMENTS   You must have discord audio (video preferred but not required) but I am on camera so you can see if your internet froze or dropped (I have discord nitro), or if I am walking around the house putting out fires or getting a snack.  IF you want to play, jump in and ask for help starting a character! Or message me directly on discord FirewindsOfTheSuns#2162 if you have questions.    I also play a space-western version of this game and I animated one of my games on youtube search for "firewinds of the suns" check it out if you want to see my GMing style.  I enjoy gaming podcasts like “The Adventure Zone” , “Roll for combat”, “Harmon quest”, and Demonac’s “tales from my DND campaign”. And I hope to start recording sessions for another animated podcast. Or you can just ask for more info on Discord! 
Found it! Θ said: Yes, I'd post a link to our community but that is against Roll20 guidelines. However, any video or twitch link should have an associated link in it.

Edited 1628780139
Whenever the twitch makes any money, that'd be something worth discussing... with contracts. Until then, it's just a game.  I'd also argue the lions share argument. The GM puts in a large portion of work into making the game fun, the players put a large portion into making it entertaining and worth watching. On my end, I also create overlays, video editing, scheduling video releases, etc. It's all been a team effort for a long time now. No single cog makes the machine work. :-) So yeah, if you are only interested in gaming for the money... This isn't the post for you, but I'd also suggest signing up on a website called StartPlaying, a place you can hire yourself out as a GM to run games for people. A number of our GM's are actually on there as well!
Tossing out there that we are still looking for anything to fill those two Sunday timeslots with.
I would love to run a 13th Age game. That being said, I would need a minimum of $500 per session to run something streamed. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Hello, I've been looking to run something a little more "professional" as of late. I've been GMing for around 15 years, mostly home-brewed systems, but for the last 3 years I've been running and playing City of Mist which is a powered by the apocalypse styled system. I think chemistry is important in creating an entertaining, and fun campaign. With that I'd like to talk to you on discord if possible to see if we could work something out. my handle is Neon Icon#9586