Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Separate inventory Party Sheet

I’ve looked around for months for the “perfect” solution for campaign inventory management. managing per player default sheet having a group accessed handout graphic API sheet google sheet (closest fix so far) but none of them quite fit the bill. What I really want is a character sheet designed just for inventory that separates up to 6+ players. That they can all access and edit as needed in game. I imagine a sheet that has a header where resources can be plugged in just like DND OGL sheet for arrow tracking and such. then breaks down into sections that is just a item list no different than the character sheet with all the attributes/info/attacks/health stuff removed. Likely a tillable header above to list the player. few fill in the blank spots for treasures and key items that’s what I’d love to see, with drag/drop ability just like sheets now. but the problems I know of are:  you can’t have two types of character sheets when dragging dropping it wouldn’t know which party member to give it too so to counter the second issue, I’d settle for just a sheet that tracks party loot in one big bag. Maybe the option to list next to the item who carries what. But how would I still approach the no two sheets problem? a sheet could be designed that still has all the same attributes but different design right?  Could this be achievable? Is my research flawed and does this exist in some corner I haven’t found yet? and most of all, Roll20 why have you not made this a native feature yet?!! Lol but ya, anyone have any input on this on where I could start? I know some basic coding and would like to attempt it but obviously don’t want to waste time on something not achievable. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
MentaLy_Unsound said: so to counter the second issue, I’d settle for just a sheet that tracks party loot in one big bag. Maybe the option to list next to the item who carries what. But how would I still approach the no two sheets problem? 1)  Just set up a group character sheet and use the inventory section for any group loot.  You could add an "item" with each character's name and rearrange the list to put everything where it should be in association with player names.  A lot of this depends on how your games are run, I suppose.  In most games I have been in, anything that is "group loot" isn't normally accessible. This would be things that you left behind in your inn room, on a pack animal, etc.  Otherwise, everything is on your character sheet or you left it behind in the wilderness, dungeon, or whatever.  In a situation like that, noting items that aren't with you is easily handled in a handout.  You don't need the stats of the items anyway, just the list of things that are "in storage" in case you do actually need them at some point.  They can be entered on a character sheet when they become an actual part of someone's inventory. 2) If you go the custom sheet route, you take the code of your current sheet and add a tab with the features you want on it.  But if you are wanting to have compendium drag/drop be available for that, you would be in for a really big task, since sheets/systems with that feature require a hefty amount of javascript to get that to work.  If it is possible to get that to work without interfering with the normal inventory section is something someone else would have to answer, because that is well beyond my knowledge.

Edited 1630555611
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kraynic said: 2) If you go the custom sheet route, you take the code of your current sheet and add a tab with the features you want on it.  But if you are wanting to have compendium drag/drop be available for that, you would be in for a really big task, since sheets/systems with that feature require a hefty amount of javascript to get that to work.  If it is possible to get that to work without interfering with the normal inventory section is something someone else would have to answer, because that is well beyond my knowledge. As silly as it sounds, that would actually be easier to achieve by writing a browser extension than a character sheet. Forcing the compendium to do something it wasn't designed to do is near-impossible (probably actually impossible) without going elbow deep into jQuery's innards. It's still hundreds of hours of coding though... I would definitely go the easy route like Kraynic said - just use the normal character sheet, make a character called "Luggage" (or whatever) and use initials to mark who the item belongs to. That said, if the sheet you're using has its Compendium-enabled code available to edit, you could add another section to it with a flag (like the 'npc' version most sheets have) that only display the Inventory section. You could also use Stylus to do the same thing without even using Custom Sheets - either the <iframe> or one of its descendants has an attribute with the character id in it which you can use as a CSS selector to target only that sheet. But yeah, redoing the inventory section to allow Compendium drag & drop to have some new cross-sheet functionality is a pretty big undertaking.