Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Alien RPG] Sheet version 3.00 pre-announcement

Edited 1641553598
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Community, The version 3.00 of the Alien RPG character sheet released 6th of January, 2022. Feedback, suggestions and issues found is encouraged, please report in this thread or PM.  The Alien RPG Community character sheet version 3.0 has the following improvements:  Configuration tab. There is a Configuration tab at the top right, it includes sheet settings as well as the change log. API Dice and Push rolls. You can now choose to use the new Alien RPG dice roller API script for your rolls, which will let you Push rolls from the chat output. The API script is only an option for GMs with Pro account.  Tab indicators . Tabs in the sheet only show the tab number once there is data in it, to make it more visible which tab has a weapon, which talents have been added, etc.  Weights and encumbrance . Added as an optional setting, when enabled it will add Amount and Weight to the weapon and gear list, and automatically calculate the encumbrance. You will not lose any data by turning this on, the manually added encumbrance is still kept and if disabling this setting will revert to that value.  Initiative dice . Made a configuration option for the type of dice to roll for initiative. This should be implemented across all characters, obviously. The sheet used 2d6 and is still the default setting, but this doesn't give a good statistical spread of results. Please provide feedback on whether this should be removed as an option and be hardcoded as 1d10 instead.  Automatic calculation of Health . The health bar will only show the number of health points based on Strength attribute (including the Tough checkbox in calculation). Additional talents . Added another row of 4 more talent slots. Also made the Talent description text field a scrollable field, in case you need to add more text to it.  Repeating gear section . At the end of the gear section there is now a repeating section control to add additional rows. Any overflow will result in a the area becoming scrollable. An option also exists to only use a repeating section for gear, without the original list of 8 static rows (enabling this will not delete any existing data in the static rows).  Squares . An option to change the round input fields to square ones. Character tab with options turned on: Config tab, with change log: Best Regards, Richard W
Richard M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I think it looks great and not only because I made a very minor contribution of my own. Just a couple of observations: The spinner buttons for the weights on the inventory don't disappear in Firefox, but Chrome and Edge seem fine. Love that you've got the 'Push' button in the template now as well via the API. My only suggestion would be to disable / hide it, when the initial roll comes up with a facehugger.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
+1 Looks like some great additions to an already great sheet!
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Richard, I have made an update to include the spinners in Firefox, unfortunately that browser doesn't support most of the formatting of the spinner buttons so it doesn't look as neat as it does in Chrome. Considering the performance issues I had with Chrome and Roll20 lately I would still recommend people using Firefox for Roll20, but don't want to derail this conversation with that discussion. The released version, hoping to publish it this week to Roll20, will have working on-hover spinners for Firefox too. One thing I realized is also that the spinner only needs to be there on hover and not on active or focus. So that is another small update I have made. With regards to the Push button in the API rolls, this I will look at separately for that script. Perhaps, given time, I can work out how to incorporate push logic into the sheet rather than using the script. But one thing at a time... /Richard PS. Thanks Vince! DS.
Richard M.
Pro
Sheet Author
Nice work. Looking forward to using it in anger. Richard
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I have sent this to Roll20 (pull request) so it is pending their approval, merge and publication.  The code in the link above is still valid and up to date with the release version, in case you want to do some final tests and verification (in a copy of your game, preferably).  This thread will change title and can continue to be used for feedback, requests and issue reports.  Best Regards, Richard Warfvinge
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This sheet version has now been published and will update your existing games. If you want to keep the older version look and feel then you just don't feature toggle the new functions, this can be done in the Game settings or individually for each sheet.  Any issues please report here or PM to me, and feedback and suggestions on improvements are encouraged! I was hoping I could change the title of this post, but sadly only the original message. So the "pre-announcement" will sadly stay in the title of the post. 
Hello RIchard, Thanks for the character sheet. We have a problem right know, can't figure where it comes from. All dices made from the sheet don't appear in chat, actually nothing happen after clicking "submit" in the modifiers box. Maybe it doesn't come from the sheet. Can you help us ?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just something to check; make sure the "Enable API Rolls" in the sheet settings is ONLY checked if you are using the API roller(pro required and the script must be installed).
Yes that was our problem ! Thank you very much for your help Vince !
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glad this got sorted, thanks for the quick assist Vince!
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi All, It seems like the Default Sheet Settings for the game doesn't properly transfer to new sheets. This is weird since it worked in the Roll20 custom sheet sandbox where these were developed and tested. I have opened a ticket with Roll20 helpdesk hoping to get an understanding why this may be, and will update you on any progress.  Also, the roll names have been duplicated when creating the API rolls, hence macros when using the regular rolls will attempt to use the API dice roller erroneously, and will fail without errors. Thanks IA for reporting! There is a new version 3.01 sent to Roll20 for publishing that fixes this issue, hoping that it will be released during this week. NB:  Please note that if you had set macros with the API that was working, you may need to redo these!. The new naming convention for those end with _api, e.g. strength_api and weapon_one_api. 
Hello I'm having a problem with the Alien sheet on the ship tab. I've made an armament weapon and filled in the slots but only the stress dice are showing up, not the gunner's skill. On the character tab I have put the ranged skill as 5 but this has had no effect In picture one there's a five in gunner's skill and a five for stress but only the stress dice are showing In this picture where there's no stress dice, nothing is shown on Please help solve this as my players want ship battles.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Bentley, Thanks for reporting this, I have looked into it and at first could not find any reason why this would happen. But eventually I managed to pinpoint it to the Target Range, which is used to calculate the range modifier as a number. If this value is not changed it will be 'undefined', and thus lead to the calculation of base dice to fail (i.e. result in 0). I have already created a fix for this by basically calculating the target modifier when the sheet loads, and will do some more testing this evening before posting a bug fix to Roll20.  I think you can resolve this now by changing the Target Range to anything but Medium, and then changing it back again. This should force the calculation of modifier and the roll should work. Please let me know if this solves it? Best Regards, Richard
Perfect, thank you
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Bentley, The fixed version have been merged and is published, just tested and it seems to all be sorted.  I hope you and your players enjoy the ship battles, and that their now fixed and working armaments can help them win the day! /Richard
Hello, first of all thank you for making the Alien RPG character sheet available. It's my first time using it and I wonder if there's any way of pushing the dice rolls without the pro account instead of manually rolling all the dice. Thank you!
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Aitor, Right now the pushing can only be done using the API script, which as you point out is only for Pro users. I am thinking of adding a way to push rolls in the sheet but there are limitations in the different approaches to that (in Roll20), so it may affect how you can use the macro bar and such. I need to figure out how to do this in the best way, then find the time to do it. I may add another update in this post (or a new post) when the time comes, and ask for feedback from the community. 
Hello! Thx for the character sheet. I meet a display issue in the chat box when I throw dices : "success" box always indicate 0 even when dices indicate sucesses.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi,  I also found this in my further testing yesterday, a fix has been made and posted to Roll20, now awaiting their review and publication.  In the meantime, please count your successes and facehuggers manually. Thanks for the bug report, much appreciated! Feedback comes in many forms, like suggested new features, improvements and bug reports - all equally important! Best Regards, Richard
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi All, The fix mentioned above has been reviewed and approved by Roll20, please check and confirm. Other fixes in this bugfix release are:    - The rolls for Hostile tab Observation and Mobility was different to the Character tab rolls causong macros to misbehave. The rolls are now the same so macros should work. GMs need to ensure Hostiles have 0s for all attributes in the Character tab though, which they are by default.    - When enabling API Script for rolls, the non-script rolls like armor, resources or the custom roll buttons didnt honor that setting. They do now.     - aligned the wprding between regular rolls and API script rolls by calling the facehugger outcomes in the chat output as "Panic" (non-script rolls use to call it Stress). Please report any issues with the sheet here or in PM to me, and I will try to fox as soon as I can. Next up are improvements to the Hostile tab and signature attacks, then after that there are a few other things I am considering. Apologies for any misspelling, writing on my phone. Best Regards, Richard

Edited 1647925894
Eyo Richard,  Having a weird critical issue with the new bugfix. Basically, if I create a new character sheet. Stuff is fine. On the ones I had made previously tho, before the update. All the attacks, armour & skill rolls have just full on stopped working. (they work fine on the hostile sheet tho) Edit: Just found an additional bug. The secret button on the hostile tab resets to being off when ever you fully close the character sheet. But not when you just minimize/double click it
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, thanks for reporting, I will look into this immediately and try to fix!
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Frost, I have tried to reproduce the issue you mentioned first, but have not been able to to. Perhaps if you give me some more information. Instead of spamming this thread I will start a discussion in a PM, and update this thread once we know more.  The secret button issue I believe I have found the issue with, basically a sheet worker that runs when the sheet is opened and tries to align the api and non-api secret roll commands. I will get this fixed in a bugfix release, but want to also resolve the first issue.  /RW
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi All, My current thunking is that the fix for the secret rolls inadvertently affected the roll commands, especially as FrostBourne mentioned above for existing sheets that may have had the secret rolls enabled before. It may be possible to resolve in the Attributes and Abilities tab but havent been tested or verified yet. Being in CET timezone I am now off to my dayjob, but will test this hypothesis and also rework the secret rolls function this evening. Once done I will post a new update to Roll20.  /RW
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It turns out the main issue described above was due to the API script being unloaded or stopped by Roll20, causing skills and attribute rolls to end up in the void. Armor rolls works in that situation, since those are non-pushable and hence use the regular rolls and not the script.  If anyone encounters the same issue, please exit the game and go to the API Scripts for the game and Reset the Sandbox. This will restart any scripts and hopefully get things working in the game again.  As for the second issue with the Secret button resetting when opening the sheet - this will be fixed as part of next release which reworks the Secret rolls to use sheet worker and unifies the setting for both regular and API rolls. Other things in this release will be improvements on Signature Attacks in the Hostile tab, based on the feedback I have gotten so far. 

Edited 1648373990
When making an attack roll, damage results are displayed as X(+Y), where X is the base damage of the weapon and Y is the total number of success results. However, should not the value for Y be one less than the total number of successes rolled, since you can only add +1 damage for each success rolled after the first initial success which registers the attack as a hit? It's confusing to the players when they keep thinking they should be able to do 1 more damage than they actually can. Or am I doing something wrong here? Thanks :) Edit: Sorry, should add that this is relating to the results displayed without the API script running, have just switched over to that method and can see only the base damage is displayed there.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Rob, I have realised the same thing, and will be changing how that part is displayed in an upcoming release. The issue is that there isn't a lot of math functions one can do in a roll template for the chat, but will try to make that part clearer. The other option is to used parsed rolls, but want to avoid complicating things too much and find a solution in the roll template itself.  I will see if I get time to work on the sheet some this afternoon, otherwise will try to find time in evening during the week.  Best Regards,  Richard

Edited 1648444566
Hi Richard.  I am a long time alien rpg player.  Used your amazing sheet forever.  I really do think you did an absolute great job in designing the sheet. I am going to point out some bugs and suggestions, but dont get me wrong.  I appreciate your sheet and the work you put in it very much even if you leave it as is. I really love all the new tings you added.  The encumbrance is absolutely great.  I tended to avoid using encumbrance until now. The one bug as pointed out earlier, is that the damage is one too many.  It counts the original hit again. Can put a -1 at end of calculation maybe. Also the initiative is set to 2d6, when it should be set to 1d10.  2d6 creates a bell curve that favors 6 , 7 and 8s. You get lots of ties that way.    That would save me have to change every sheet to 1d10 all the time. Not a big deal, but this would be very helpful to the way I run my games, is that the hostile attack roll to be optional of hidden or not.  I like to run my horror games with rolls in the open so my players know I am not fudging the dice and if you die you die, I cant save you. And the last thing, is a bug from the very beginning that gives all my players a hard time.  When you put in a modifier to a roll, if you put  a plus before the number, the roll bugs out.  Most players put +3  or +2 mod.  If you just put number it works.  and it works if you put negative mod. Also again, thankyou very much for making a great characters sheet, and thanks for the spaceship sheet, yaaa.  Now no more using a character sheet. Anything else I notice, I will let you know thanks.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated and I will try to address it in my reply and then get to improving the sheet accordingly.  First off, I didn't create the original sheet but rather picked up a community sheet and first thing I did was act on a request to add a Ship tab. Then I have seen a lot of improvements that can be made, and I wanted to make it optional for people to use the new things or now. Since you cannot chose with version of the sheet you want, all new things you add are force on to the sheets. Not everyone likes the new ways, so I made it optional.  I will think about how to handle the damage, as it is something I have identified as an important improvement. But I only have Rolltemplates and CSS to work with, which both have limited options with regards to math functions.  The 2d6 for initiative is also something I noticed, and just like you said it creates a normal distribution of the results. The idea was to allow you to change the default configuration for new sheets in the Game Settings, but for some reason that doesn't work. This is also on my (ever growing) list of improvements to the sheet. One easy thing to do is change the default to the much more appropriate 1d10.  Adding the secret option to also be used for signature attacks, not a problem. Would showing the effect of the roll for a signature attack need to be hidden though? The reason I decided to hide is partly so that the description is played by the GM rather than read by the players but also partly so that one doesn't share that part by mistake (if not wanting to show it). Perhaps this could also be a configuration... The modifier issue is sadly nothing I can help with - the modifiers function is a Roll20 thing, which I am just using. I can always register a bug report, but not sure when (if ever) they would get to one that can so easily be worked around by just not adding the plus sign.  Please let the feedback flow, this is the best way to improve on the sheet and since I am not GMing this myself I need your input to understand what is needed or a nuisance or would be amazing to have. A friend has a much higher Alien-nerd factor than me so he got the GMing gig in our group.  Best Regards, Richard W  
OmegaOm said: Hi Richard.  I am a long time alien rpg player.  Used your amazing sheet forever.  I really do think you did an absolute great job in designing the sheet. I am going to point out some bugs and suggestions, but dont get me wrong.  I appreciate your sheet and the work you put in it very much even if you leave it as is. I really love all the new tings you added.  The encumbrance is absolutely great.  I tended to avoid using encumbrance until now. The one bug as pointed out earlier, is that the damage is one too many.  It counts the original hit again. Can put a -1 at end of calculation maybe. Also the initiative is set to 2d6, when it should be set to 1d10.  2d6 creates a bell curve that favors 6 , 7 and 8s. You get lots of ties that way.    That would save me have to change every sheet to 1d10 all the time. Not a big deal, but this would be very helpful to the way I run my games, is that the hostile attack roll to be optional of hidden or not.  I like to run my horror games with rolls in the open so my players know I am not fudging the dice and if you die you die, I cant save you. And the last thing, is a bug from the very beginning that gives all my players a hard time.  When you put in a modifier to a roll, if you put  a plus before the number, the roll bugs out.  Most players put +3  or +2 mod.  If you just put number it works.  and it works if you put negative mod. Also again, thankyou very much for making a great characters sheet, and thanks for the spaceship sheet, yaaa.  Now no more using a character sheet. Anything else I notice, I will let you know thanks. I'm wondering if a 1d20 would make more sense then the 1d10. Reason I mention that, is I know by default game uses 10 card system which is what the 1d10 would be trying to replicate. But using 1d20 gives you less opportunities to have a tie no? (since got double the possible roll options)
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, A fix for the issue with Secret rolls have been submitted and now pending review and publication from Roll20.  What has been done in this bugfix version? The secret rolls buttons on Character and Hostile tabs are now the same and update the same attribute.  A sheet worker (javascript function) captures changes to the Secret rolls and updates two different attributes used for regular and API rolls, i.e. "/w gm" and "!alienrw" respectively. An upgrade function has been added to populate these new attributes and keep the setting that was already there. I will try to update again when the fix has been published, so that you can expect a better experience with the Secret rolls buttons. 
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
When the above mentioned fix is published, you will see there is a note in the change log that states that the Default Sheet Settings will be fixed and that by doing so it will most likely reset all your sheets to whatever the Default settings state. I have already tried to find ways around this and making this fix not override current settings, but haven't found a way yet. I will post here before this change, and perhaps also implement a way to notifying of big or breaking changes in the sheet (e.g. through a banner at top that can be shown once per sheet). I have heard a few ask for some of these to be set on a global level, so I feel it is something I want to fix. Please let me know if you disagree... OmegaOm and FrostBourne: One thing that I do think works though is the Default Sheet Setting Initiative Dice, without testing it myself please try to change this in your game and see if it doesn't change in the game for new sheets already? The important thing is to ensure all your characters have the same setting here, obviously. 
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
FYI, the fix for the secret rolls is published! Things seems to work in my test games, and the state of secret rolls remains after the update to the new function. Please let me know if anything is amiss with the sheet, secret rolls or otherwise.  /Richard
Spotted one more thing, I think for weapon five the API is searching for an attribute of "weapon_fivee_damage", which doesn't exist.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nice catch and thanks for report! I fill fix that spelling mistake asap! /Richard
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Rob D.,  Issue you reported has been fixed and submitted to Roll20 for review and publication.  /Richard
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
FYI, The jammed Weapon 5 is now fixed, it should be able fire as normal again.  /Richard
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Spacers, I have done a few fixes recently, most main one perhaps being the secret rolls. I now use Sheet workers to set the correct roll command irrespective of what tab you make the change and whether you use the API script or not. Hope that is working well for y'all.  I am continuing to work on improving the Hostile tab for now, and especially the feedback regarding the Signature Attacks. These are the things I am working on right now, with a screen shot below to show how it looks.  Individual attack buttons for each attack, so you can roll IRL and then activate the resulting attack IR20.  The main attack button changes name to Random, and uses a Parsed roll to execute the attack that it randomizes. I am using Math.random() function to avoid calling more parsed rolls than necessary.  I am adding a row of additional stuff underneath the attack Description in the expandable section for each attack. I am not decided on whether it should go below or above the Description text field yet.  This row has option for Multiple d6 to SUM up, up to 18x Base dice, and Damage up to 6. The Damage doesn't do anything else but display the base damage of the attack.  For rows 2 to 6 in the Signature Attacks, I have added a copy button which will copy the attributes like name, description, and dice from the attack above it. This means that if you have the same Signature attack for result of 1 and 2, then you can use the 2nd row Copy button to copy what you added to row 1, and then Bob's your uncle.  Rolltemplate: I moved the Bonus, Damage and Range row up above the dice result. I also removed the (+X) in the Damage field since there was no way to get the CSS counters to properly do the math for it.  Screenshot of Signature attacks:  When collapsed all: Screen shot of roll template, if either clicking the Random button and getting the first row result or by clicking the Attack button. :  I am looking for feedback or suggestions regarding the above, so don't be shy. I can also provide the sheet files if anyone wants to test it pre-release.  Best Regards, Richard
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'm having problems with making rolls from the sheet.  When I click to roll from the sheet, I get the error message No attribute was found for @{Lyron Cham|roll_command} When I enable the API and click to roll, I get the error message No attribute was found for @{Lyron Cham|roll_command_api} and it doesn't report the roll in any styling at all. I have the token for the character selected, I am listed as able to control the character. I have tried this across two different games, one using the Starter Set and one blank with just a single character in it. I am able to call directly to the API, as seen in this screenshot:
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Loren, Thanks for letting me know. I just tried this and at first couldn't reproduce it, but then I created a new character and I got the same result. I believe I could fix this fairly easily, and will post an update as soon as I can set time aside for the coding and submission to Roll20. I will update with more information once I have had a chance to work on this and test.  Meanwhile, you can force the sheet worker to set these attributes by clicking the Secret Rolls button. Just toggle it on and off again, and the issue should be resolved. 

Edited 1651760660
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, I have submitted an update, version 4.04, of the sheet to Roll20. It includes a fix to the Roll commands errors and the related secret rolls not being initialized as mentioned by Loren above. It also includes additional options for the Signature attacks for hostiles, as per popular demand, which hopefully makes them more usable.  Change log:  Fixed roll commands error caused by attribute for handling secret rolls not being initialized. Added a randomizer button, individual roll buttons and additional options for Hostiles Signature attacks. The options include D6 dice, Base attack dice and Base damage. Added a "Copy above" button in Signature attacks to make it easier to configure same outcome on a second roll result, e.g. "The hostile will attack with 6 dice on roll 1-2", can be achieved by using the Copy button on Signature attack 2. Renamed Damage to Base Damage in Rolltemplate, and moved the roll information Bonus, Base damage and Range to above the dice output. This hopefully makes it clearer what is the static information for the roll and the resulting output, i.e. Successes and Panic.
I would like to post the following requests to add more talent functions to what you already have with tough and pack mule: AUTHORITY: By invoking your authority as a colonial marshal, you can use your COMMAND skill instead of MANIPULATION to get someone to bend to your will.  TAKE CONTROL: You know how to make people do what you want, and you don't feel bad about doing it. You can roll for MANIPULATION using WITS instead of EMPATHY. CALM BREATHER: When making a supply roll for air, you get to roll two dice fewer than your Supply Level, to a minimum of one die. FLYWEIGHT: When you block in close combat, you can use AGILITY instead of STRENGTH. LIGHT EATER: When making a supply roll for food, you get to roll two dice fewer than your Supply Level, to a minimum of one die. MENACING: You have a scary physical presence that makes it easy to intimidate people. You can roll for MANIPULATION using STRENGTH instead of EMPATHY when you threaten someone to make them do what you want. If you succeed, your opponent cannot demand anything in return from you. They can still choose to attack you instead of giving in. NERVES OF STEEL: You keep a cool head in all situations, and thus get a –2 modification to all Panic Rolls (see page 104). STOIC: You can roll for STAMINA using WITS instead of STRENGTH. WEAPON SPECIALIST: You’re an expert at using a specific weapon model—choose one from the weapon lists in Chapter 6. When you use this weapon, you get a +2 modification. You can choose this talent several times, once per weapon type. You can be a specialist at fighting unarmed. Thanks!
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi All, I have received some feedback over time and picked a few general usability improvements to work on. I am not finished but wanted to share what I am working on so that you can provide your input and feedback. @Robert V : I have considered these things and some of them are possible through the work I am doing now (see below). There are some specific talents that are quite special, like Tough and Nerves of Steel. What I would like to do is solve those in the Talents section as well, rather than cluttering the rest of the sheet with those buttons. In the meanwhile before I have that sorted, I have worked on and included Nerves of Steel in a similar way to Tough.  Looks like this currently:  Work in Progress TL;DR; (more info and screen shots further down):  Talent rolls. This will allow you to customize a roll for a talent by picking the attribute, the skill, a modifier and whether stress dice are included, and then roll it using the standard rolltemplate or API script.  Talent names. Instead of showing the roman numerals in the Talent tabs, the name of the talent will now be displayed instead.  Custom rolls: Reworked the Base dice and Stress dice buttons to a row of roll with custom name, base dice, stress dice and of course asking for any modifiers in a query popup same as other rolls. Permanent skill modifiers. Some gear will add permanent modifiers to skills, by enabling this on the sheet you can add permanent modifiers that will be included in all rolls. You will still get a query popup for situational modifiers, the permanent modifier would already be included in the base dice.  Permanent Rads. One mechanic that has been missing is the handling of permanent rads, as well as the Radiation damage rolls. This works now, but I have not found place for a Heal button (feedback appreciated) to cover for the rolls you make when healing and testing if it increases permanent rads.  For those of you who want to see more of this and perhaps chip in with your thoughts, views and suggestions - keep scrolling down and find screen shots, explanations and some of my unanswered questions.  1.  Talent rolls.       Above you can see a few examples of this. The Talent rolls row consists of 1) a on.off toggle for the whole row and when off it will also hide the [Skill] button on the row above. 2) You can toggle between Skill and Supply rolls, see below for Supply example. 3) The attribute and 4) the Skill used in the roll, and then 5) the modifier to the roll. Finally, 6) is a toggle to include or exclude Stress dice in the roll. All of the values are collected from the respective value itself, so that a change in skill level would also affect the roll.  Question 1: Is there ever a need to NOT include stress dice in a roll like above? I am asking whether the Stress toggle is needed there or whether Stress could always be included.  Question 2: Would this be a good place to also deal with talents like Tough and Nerves of Steel? If so, the toggle between Skill and Supply might need to change to a dropdown, and use a separate row of options for those.  Talent affecting supply rolls can also be covered, by toggling to the Supply type roll. The dropdown will list the 4 types of supplies, and the modifier will be applied. The roll would use a special calculation since there will always be at least 1 die rolled.  2. Talent names. Please see above for examples of this. Since there could be a situation where the talent names will use up a lot of space, I have made it possible to make the description field smaller vertically (see handle in lower right corner).  3.  Custom rolls. The Base dice and Stress dice buttons have always felt a bit limiting to me, so I wanted to add more possibilities without changing Wes's excellent design too much. What I came up with is the following:    The one to the left is the default state, and the second one is a customized state. There is a 1) Reset button to return to the default state, then there is 2) a name for the roll (this is an input field), 3) a drop down to 18 for Base dice, 4) a drop down to 10 for Stress dice, and 5) a Roll button to roll according to the customization. This works with both the rolltemplate and the API script rolls.  4. Permanent skill modifiers.  There are some gear that provide a permanent modifier to skill rolls when carried or worn, and it may become tedious to add the modifier every time you get the popup query for modifiers.    I will add an option in the configuration tab to enable Permanent skill modifiers, when enabled you will be able to see a added small modifier display underneath the skill level. This can be negative, zero (if so then it doesn't show), and positive as in the example. When you hover over the skill level input field, then you get two buttons to adjust the level of the permanent modifier. As stated, if the modifier is 0 then the modifier display is not shown, so not to clutter the view too much.  When added to e.g. Ranged Combat or Close Combat the modifier will also be automatically applied to the Weapons rolls. Also, when using the Talent rolls it will automatically be added there. Q3: Would you prefer that the Permanent Modifier instead was added as default to the modifier query popup, rather than included in the base dice and a default 0 modifier in the query popup? 5. Permanent radiation. This is a mechanic that has not been available in the sheet, and the rolls are somewhat non-standard. I have a solution for setting the permanent rads, for displaying them differently, and will be working on ensuring that the Radiation attribute is consistent with this. There is also a radiation roll button for when someone takes radiation damage.  This will display the permanent with a different icon and disabled button. The icon could be changed if people are opposed to it, and the color of the box changed too.  Q4: How would you like to handle healing Rads and the roll for checking if it becomes permanent? Should there be a button to the right of the 10 boxes with a Heart icon in it? Or some other icon? Or somewhere else? That's it for this time, I look forward to feedback and will continue working on these in the meanwhile.  Best Regards, Rich
Thanks for the work and the updates!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looking sharp

Edited 1654184587
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I like where you are going with the Talent section, and thanks for the solution/patch to my problem I posted earlier! I do have a request for the Ship tab - can there be more than 5 Armaments available? Officially, there is one ship in the Core Rulebook that needs this -the Conestoga-Class Frigate has 8 armaments equipped in the default build (and that doesn't include thinking about Campaign mode where players could conceivably purchase more options).

Edited 1654578618
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi again Loren, I did check that beast of a ship Conestoga out and of course found that it has 8 armaments. Perhaps there will be other ships with more, or Players get wealthy and build a Ragnarock-class Titan ship with more. I am working on making it 10 armaments in total (for now), and improving the way the tabs show what is added and where.  This is what I have come up with so far, and is similar to what I am planning for Talents and Weapons too:  The tabs will have shortened names so that it is easier to find which armament is where, by shortening the name and making the buttons and row heights small you will be able to have 3 rows without things moving too much on the sheet.  The talents work the same, I have also changed the talent display to only show the row of roll options when it is selected, like this:     The Hard Hitter talent is a bit of a special one - I can add the roll button there, but when doing a Close Combat attack with a weapon there just isnt a good way to know if the fast action was invested or not. I guess for those cases the Modifier query popup needs to be used.  I am also working on the same update on the Weapons tabs, looking like this:    Again, the tabs have shortened names to not expand the buttons too far.  Any feedback on the above is of course welcome, as always! Best Regards, Richard
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Looks good to me, I like this direction!
Thank you for jumping on incorporating those talents into the sheet functionality, looks great so far! Question 1: Is there ever a need to NOT include stress dice in a roll like above? I am asking whether the Stress toggle is needed there or whether Stress could always be included.  As far as I am aware Stress should always be included as these are skill rolls like any other. Question 2: Would this be a good place to also deal with talents like Tough and Nerves of Steel? If so, the toggle between Skill and Supply might need to change to a dropdown, and use a separate row of options for those.  I think you could handle Tough and Nerves of Steel (and Pack Mule) here as it would place all the talent functions in the same place Q3: Would you prefer that the Permanent Modifier instead was added as default to the modifier query popup, rather than included in the base dice and a default 0 modifier in the query popup? So I have a couple thoughts here. Adding it to the skill value like you have is easy and gets the job done. I would rather not have it added as a default to the modifier pop-up because then the player will have to remember to substract if they are not using the item on a particular roll. Since you are proposing adding it to the modifier pop-up, I assume that means you have a way to make that skill specific, i.e. it knows to ask for Heavy Machinery because there is gear that can help but it knows never to ask for Command because there is no gear to help with that. How about if you add a selection in the gear list. I add a Maintenance Jack on my gear list and then select Heavy Machinery and +1. Every time I roll Heavy machinery, the same modifier window pops up asking for an input and also a check box asking if I am using the Maintenance Jack. This way the item is not always added every time and if the player forgets to use it, they don't have it added.
Richard W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Robert, Appreciate you taking the time to provide input, making this a great sheet requires the people who use it to share their thoughts. We are far from having as many players as 5E or Pathfinder on Roll20, but I feel there is great input coming from the ones who do play.  As for your input:  1. Agree, I am now trying to remember why I did add this feature. Perhaps it was for when I had the supply rolls in the same view, which then would not need stress. I am considering hiding that part, to make it easier to re-implement later if need be.  On a side note, perhaps that would be an interesting twist and making stress more dramatic - you would hyperventilate and use more air, be careless with your gear and use more energy, nervous eating and drinking to calm you down.  2. Agree. however I think this will make next version a bit delayed. The reason being a dropdown is harder to use as a way to display dynamic content, currently the toggle button is a checkbox which can use the :checked pseudo-class selector to dynamically show or hide things. To make this a dropdown I might need to add a sheet worker script to handle it. I will look into this, and update here.  3. I think I agree with not putting it in the modifier popup, it is a permanent modifier and the popup should be used only for situational modifiers. The modifier popup can be made skill specific, so that is definitely possible. The Gear list addition is interesting, since most if not all modifiers come from gear. My concern with it is that it will make the gear section quite cluttered. I am myself also not a fan of using the modifier query popup, so would like to limit the use of it (too many times it ends up behind other windows). If this was added to the Gear list, I would add a button there as well like in the talents so that you could use the gear directly from there. Perhaps the Gear addition would need to have a permanent and situational option, where the former is always on when the gear is worn while the latter is using its own button (and including any permanent modifiers). The Gear list addition also needs to allow for adding multiple modifiers, like the Work Loader modifiers to both HM and CC skills. So, being complicated makes solving it also complicated, and in the meantime the modifier solution described above gives you some way of dealing with this. I believe any addition in the Gear list could work together with the modifier solution as described, just need sheet workers and roll commands to work together on the correct modifier.  Again, thanks for your input and hoping to see a new version out either this or next week. This will be version 5, so I will most liekly create a new thread that is more generic, and also look at updating the Wiki page for the sheet with more instructions.  /R