Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Delete a game not deleting

StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi I am trying to delete a game. I select Delete from the dropdown menu, type delete (or DELETE, or DeLeTe, or dElEtE) in the popup window, and nothing happens. I have even tried with a freshly created game, and get the same behaviour -- or more precisely, the same absence of any behaviour. I have tried both Chrome and Firefox, same result. Thx
The prompt changed; the required input is now DELETE GAME
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jim Thanks for your answer. A couple of questions though Where is the announcement ? Why is the popup still saying 'DELETE' Regards

Edited 1649330041
The prompt says DELETE GAME for me. I don't know if there was an announcement. I noticed it had changed after having the same problem as you. EDIT: Not to presume what language you speak but if your prompt still says only DELETE, perhaps the UI in other languages has not been properly changed yet? Just a wild guess.

Edited 1649330405
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jim That's exactly the problem -- looks like I am not speaking the correct language to have an updated and not misguiding UI... Hope the new CEO will hire some QA people with a more diverse set of languages beyond english, american, canadian, australian ;-) Roll20 folks, please fix ! TIA
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
You should use the Help Center and Send a request to get Roll20 staff attention and a ticket to track your issue.  Otherwise they may not see this forum posting for a long time. 
StéphaneD
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So you’re saying that the Roll20 staff is not monitoring the Roll20 forum dedicated to bug reports ? My god, this new CEO has a lot of oddities and absurd policies to get corrected if he want to stop losing customers. Roll20 lost me. I am switching to Foundry. Thanks anyway for the heads up, Andrew. Regards
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
StéphaneD said: So you’re saying that the Roll20 staff is not monitoring the Roll20 forum dedicated to bug reports ? Since the large influx of players since covid hit, it seems that they deal with tickets from the Help Center, and then maybe look here when they have time.  Not sure if that is a totally fair assessment or not.  Towards the beginning, they pretty much never posted here, though there have been some scattered posts by support staff in the forum recently.  The Help Center has been the place to go for anything that was sure to require dev intervention for quite a while though.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
StéphaneD said: So you’re saying that the Roll20 staff is not monitoring the Roll20 forum dedicated to bug reports ? My god, this new CEO has a lot of oddities and absurd policies to get corrected if he want to stop losing customers. Roll20 lost me. I am switching to Foundry. Thanks anyway for the heads up, Andrew. Regards I have lobbied to have the name of this forum changed for nearly two years. Kraynic is correct. At over 10 million users, the forums (or a discord) is a terrible way to track issues. About the time they switched from volunteer moderators (of which I was one), they also began switching over to the Help Center and a ticket system. Unless a thread is dev-curated (such as the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet feedback thread), you cannot count on the off chance of a team member seeing a report. The best way to report an issue is to file a  Help Center Request . If you are reporting an actual code bug as opposed to an oversight (such as this issue), you may also be asked to provide a Console Log ( Chrome ,  Firefox ). This is why the various links for reporting bugs direct you to the Help Center, rather than this forum, like they used to. The forums are mostly community support these days.