Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Returning DM after 2 yrs - need api recommendations

IDK if new and better APIs have been created or not in the past 2 years. Things I am currently looking for: * API that has blood and healing bubbles and does not uses AURA and status marker for it to work. I remember there was one that did what I needed but at the cost of using status marker and/or aura and I couldnt reset the aura to 0. This was annoying cause I used auras for other purposes.  * Combat Tracker that keep tracks of concentration, status markers, auto deals dmg at the start of turn if applicable. My go to was Tracker Jacker, I have tested it recently in my old campaign I still had - unfort a lot of stuff seems broken now. * TokenMod, Group Init, Bump, It's a Trap - I assume these have been updated and one click installation?? * Token Name number?? * Map Teleporter?? * HP announcer? * Weapon Durability API? * Calender & General Store generator?? - I remember this was a custom by someone named Kristy - idk if she is around or not anymore ---------- any other recommendation / api that ya feel is a must have for a 5e game??
It sounds like you're referring to the Aura/Tint Healthcolors script.  David M. posted a version that only uses one of the auras , or you could modify it further to not use either aura. CombatMaster is an updated version of CombatTracker. I believe it also does HP announcement. TokenMod has certainly been updated. Not sure about the others, but if you have them installed from the one-click then they should auto-update to new versions when they get released. I've used the  Teleport Script  and found it easy enough when I want that kind of automation. I also use Kristy's  Calendar Script , though I modified it slightly to remove the moon phases and I think a few other things. TokenMod is always my go-to suggestion for an API script. Outside of that, it really depends on what you want/need to do in your game.   I think DoorKnocker is incredibly easy to use for opening/closing doors when you're using Dynamic Lighting walls. APIHeartbeat has had an update, and is a great tool for monitoring when the API has crashed. Recursive Tables is another great script if you use a lot of rollable tables or just want some added functionality, along with TableExport . If you post some thoughts on what you feel like you might need a script for, then if there's already a script for that then someone can recommend it.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
TokenMod and TokenNameNumber are one-click and highly recommended. I also use & recommend ScriptCards, which I use for all my 13th Age monster abilities.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Kirsty's original calendar post:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4714258/script-faerun-calender-and-down-day-counter/?pageforid=4714258#post-4714258" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4714258/script-faerun-calender-and-down-day-counter/?pageforid=4714258#post-4714258</a>
Thanks for the reply - checking on APIs today and playing with them. Curious now - I am seeing in the one click menu "Dynamic Lighting" Scripts like Darkness, doorknocker, elilpse, crumb, etc etc, like 10 scripts. I do not recall seeing these before, so I assume they are all new, and I know DL has been massively updated (FINALLY) - so are these scripts for the new DL or are they all old and outdated??
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
DLDarkness was written with LDL in mind and is only partially functional with UDL. The interior grid option does not block sight in UDL due to the loss of complex path compatibility. I should fix this to create individual paths when UDL is used but haven't gotten around to it :/&nbsp; A while ago Aaron also described to me a way to convert it to allow sight blocking but not movement (UDL only), but I'm not sure if that approach is even valid any more due to recent(ish) changes? Kind of a niche script so my motivation for an overhaul has been low. Also not helping is that I'm still using LDL [hangs head].

Edited 1656866478
Having an issue with Aura Tint script to recreate my issue: I loaded up the Lost Mine Module, on the Token Page, I turned on Aura script and everything got updated. Bloodied works Healing work Death X mark works Now the Aura: aura size: 0 one offs --- WHAT IS THIS??? anyways I have it off so now all the tokens but 2 has aura removed and I can control their aura, size, color. But the Stirge and flameskull (coincidentally, they are tiny tokens) has the green aura still in effect. I am unable to change color, change its size or turn it off - it would attempt too and reset itself.&nbsp;
Hrmm, I am also looking for an API and/or Macro that I once had that allowed me to create spell tokens for my players. IIRC - I needed to put all the spell tokens on a spell token page, then link them to a sheet I believe and allow any of my caster access to that sheet. Within that sheet is a macro code set up, so all they needed to do is, pull the sheet into the VTT, click on the macro, click on the spell size/shape and then they adjust the size for it. dont remember how I did this.&nbsp;
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Nover C. said: But the Stirge and flameskull (coincidentally, they are tiny tokens) has the green aura still in effect. I am unable to change color, change its size or turn it off - it would attempt too and reset itself.&nbsp; This is because the artwork for the tiny flameskull and stirge tokens has transparent padding all around. A 0 radius aura is a circle that touches the interior sides of the square. Since there is transparency around the "token" portion of the token, you see the aura through the transparency. It is actually there for your larger tokens, too, but is hidden behind the art. I think if you go to line 76 of the modified script (assuming you're using the version Jarren linked that that only uses aura2) and just delete it or add "//" in front of it, then no automatic auras will be used at all. Here's the line: else TokenSet(obj, state.HealthColors.AuraSize, markerColor, pColor, update); Looks like that TokenSet function is what alters the auras. Not sure if you can manually remove the existing aura or if you have to drag new copies of these creatures out from the journal.

Edited 1656875036
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Nover C. said: Hrmm, I am also looking for an API and/or Macro that I once had that allowed me to create spell tokens for my players. There are a couple different ways to do this. If you have one spell per sheet (where the default token is set for that sheet at the appropriate size), then you could manually drag out the token and use an "ability" macro on that sheet to output what you want to chat. An api option is similar to above, but that automatically spawns the token on the map without going to the journal: This uses the SpawnDefaultToken script (in one-click). Your macro would specify the name, size, light output, etc using Spawn syntax as described on the forum page I linked. The Spawn method would use abilities on that sheet just like the manual version. A more recent script option is SmartAoE &nbsp;(also on one-click), which gives a visualization of the AoE and can optionally make all the saving throws for included creatures (kind of a built in GroupCheck). There is also the option to use custom artwork for the "control token" (the thing you move around to denote the AoE placement). Note that for both Spawn and SmartAoE the artwork must be in your personal art library. Marketplace images can't be accessed directly by any api script. So, if using marketplace images you'd have to copy into your personal art library first. Note that SmartAoE has a lot of syntax but most is optional. There is a wiki page that goes through each command and also has examples at the end. Also not that in contrast to the two methods above, while using SmartAoE you typically build all of your spell parameters (damage, DC, statusmarkers on fail, etc.) right into the base macro. Then it just a matter of placing the control token where you want it and clicking a "trigger" token action ability.

Edited 1656875848
for the spells - dont think I am following you.&nbsp; The spells images are market place and I was able to use those.&nbsp; I had to place the image token in a page, and attached them to a character sheet. I think it used a roll table, so players can pick which image token to use.&nbsp; So instead of having 10 character sheets called, firebolt, fireball, spiritual guardian, spiritual weapon, darkness, etc I would need 10 spell tokens, rename them to firebolt, fireball, darkness, etc and link them to 1 character sheet named "spells" or whatever.&nbsp; &nbsp;PC have access to it, pull the character sheet token out, select the spell token and that image will appear on the board.&nbsp; I am slowly trying to remember things, and now I am getting the feeling I might have used / modified a druid shapeshift api, to create spells tokens instead of shapeshifter tokens ---- or sceneryswitcher perhaps. Like I said, it's been awhile, but 100% certain I used market place tokens.&nbsp;

Edited 1656876129
David M. said: This is because the artwork for the tiny flameskull and stirge tokens has transparent padding all around. A 0 radius aura is a circle that touches the interior sides of the square. Since there is transparency around the "token" portion of the token, you see the aura through the transparency. It is actually there for your larger tokens, too, but is hidden behind the art. &nbsp;but this particular quote isnt true. Cause if it was, the invisible green aura behind the art wouldnt allow me to change the size and color. which I am able to with the spider. While the 2 small ones - if I try to change it to red, it auto-changes back to green. Unable to change the size/distance as well, it's just hard locked. BUT atleast the transparency padding thing makes sense now as to why it is showing a green aura to begin with.&nbsp; as for modifing the code - it's a one click, I have no access to the script code.... is there a way to get to that?

Edited 1656877464
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Ok, np. Sounds like you had them set up as a rollable table token . Then probably used the token-mod script to change the properties like side/size.&nbsp; EDIT - this method will work with marketplace images, since you are manually dragging them out. The api doesn't need to access the images in this case. So, you'd manually drag out from the journal first, then trigger some macro (likely using a chat menu) for your players to select the details from. Found a link on using token-mod for wildshape that would be a similar approach/syntax as you mentioned.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Not sure why the spider responds for you, honestly. Seems like it should follow the same rules as the others. Not my original script so... &lt;shrug emoji&gt;? I thought you were using the manual install version Jarren linked to. For that one, I basically just removed all the references to aura1 without really digging into the script that much. To get access to the once-click version of the code, you'd need to first disable or delete the one-click version. Then add it back but this time instead of clicking the blue "Add script" button, you click the grey "Import" button and click through the warning message. You have now essentially manually installed the script. Doing it this way preserves the state of the code so if there are future updates, you won't get them. But, this script hasn't been changed in a long time so you're probably safe. Looks like the line in question is still line 76 in the one-click version. But note, I haven't tested this - it's just my best guess at the moment how to hack it. Also remember that you may have to drag new copies out from the journal, since I don't think it will automatically remove existing auras.
awesome - the aura script manual installation worked! ty ty has passive perception been fixed by roll20 and any api that uses passive perceptions been created if so?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Great! Not sure what you mean by "fixed"? For the 5e OGL sheet I think it's still called passive_wisdom or something like that. The only script I can think of off the top of my head that uses it is ItsATrap. Though I don't use that script so don't know much about it - I just seem to recall seeing that functionality in it when reviewing it long ago.

Edited 1656881490
if memory served me correctly - before passive percetion was broken or vastly different for players and NPC. I feel like it was called passive wisdom, pp, passive_perception and another name. So it was impossible to have a macro to call on it, since each monster token were different. PHB, Volvo, MM &amp; Modules all had different passive perception name. what I'd like to accomplish is to include passive perception into bar 3 and it would trigger, potentially - hidden enemies, investigation, secret passages, hidden notes in a room, etc.

Edited 1656888271
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm, seems like npc sheets are still messed up. From what I can gather, passive_wisdom is valid for (a) all PCs and (b) for NPCs that are not proficient in the skill. When the NPC is proficient (has a value typed in for the perception skill), then the passive_wisdom is unchanged (booo) and the attribute "npc_perception" is populated by a sheet worker. npc_perception is also only the skill bonus, so 10 must be added to it. Sigh. So, if you want a single formula to handle both PCs and NPCs, then you end up with this monstrosity [[ [[[[{@{selected|passive_wisdom},[[10+@{selected|npc_perception}]]}kh1]]*@{selected|npc}[NPC]]] + [[@{selected|passive_wisdom}]]*(1-@{selected|npc})[PC]]]&nbsp; I tested it out with a random PC, an Ancient Bronze Dragon, and a Goblin. When I manually added a value to the Goblin's perception field (on the character sheet, not directly to the attribute) the result of that huge nested inline roll came out correct. Basically we are taking the higher of the two npc attributes and multiplying by the npc attribute (which is 1 or 0). Then we multiply the PC attribute by 1-@{npc}, and add both of those rolls together. Since one will always be multiplied by 1 and the other by 0, it works out. Now unfortunately you can't put this inline roll into a bar value, but maybe you might be able to work it into a macro in some way. I know Scriptcards recently added event handlers (like when a token is moved), so maybe there is some way to finagle an auto checking mechanism. I'd have to think about it some more. EDIT - otherwise, a custom script would need to be written
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is no "passive perception" attribute on the NPC sheet. It is always the last number on the Senses attribute, but that's really only useful for scripts or certain macros, not bubbles. This attribute has been requested many times.

Edited 1656901421
Alright I am hunting down another API feature. What this one did was - I can put an info / description in Bar 3 and links or image link or handout link in bar 1 and 2 I thought this was !gmnote but I tried that command and nothing happened.&nbsp; I get " The information does not exist for the&nbsp; token &nbsp;option" which makes sense, when I open that token up - there is nothing inside the gmnote box.&nbsp; But I do recall, inputting a !command and it act like gmnote - displaying to myself and/or PC. I believe this particular ones PC always had access to this token that calls on a handout. Clicking on the token does present a macro box that I labelled as "Handout-Macro" Is this even an API script that I used? &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{[image](@{selected|bar1})}} {{@{selected|bar2}}} {{[(Learn More)](@{selected|bar3})}}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's just a plain macro. You can put image and handout links in the GMnotes field as well, if you want to use Supernotes. [image of bob](URL) This is a description of bob. [More Info](HANDOUT LINK) Supernotes can also pull all or specific images from avatar, token or character bio fields, full contents from character bio fields, and gmnotes from token and characters. Putting "-----" on a line in the notes fields will ensure that "!pcnote" will hide that info from players. You can even create handouts from any of these commands. [image of bob](URL) This is a description of bob. [More Info](HANDOUT LINK) ----- Bob is secretly a werewolf and will betray the party. Let me know if you need specific examples.

Edited 1656968213
Is there a way to make specific skill checks rolls in whisper mode and everything else in public? w/o having to tell my players or remind myself to whisper stuffs to players, it will just always auto whisper specifics things I assigned to be whispered.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Easiest way is to set up a macro that whispers specific rolls. You can use the "selected" keyword to work off of any selected token. /w gm @{selected|stealth_roll} Just put that into a macro or macro with the token action option. If you put each of these into an action (I would suggest using a&nbsp; Macro Character Sheet ), you can build a&nbsp; Chat Menu &nbsp;that calls them up. Example, put these as actions on a sheet called "Macros": Stealth /w gm @{selected|stealth_roll} Deception /w gm @{selected|deception_roll} Secret GM Rolls /w gm &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=Secret GM Rolls}} {{description=[Stealth](~Stealth) [Deception](~Deception)}} Run Secret GM Rolls to get this whispered Chat Menu: Click on Stealth to get a whispered roll:

Edited 1657018710
DoorKnocker no longer works with the changes to UDL, though Roll20 is adding interactive windows and doors sometime.... in the future.... but I've not seen a date yet. Combat Master is great, but takes some time to set up correctly (but worth it to me), though you need to watch for unpublished changes at time (like now, the unpublished version 2.48 fixes somethings broken in the one click version 2.47) Jarren said: It sounds like you're referring to the Aura/Tint Healthcolors script.&nbsp; David M. posted a version that only uses one of the auras , or you could modify it further to not use either aura. CombatMaster is an updated version of CombatTracker. I believe it also does HP announcement. TokenMod has certainly been updated. Not sure about the others, but if you have them installed from the one-click then they should auto-update to new versions when they get released. I've used the&nbsp; Teleport Script &nbsp;and found it easy enough when I want that kind of automation. I also use Kristy's&nbsp; Calendar Script , though I modified it slightly to remove the moon phases and I think a few other things. TokenMod is always my go-to suggestion for an API script. Outside of that, it really depends on what you want/need to do in your game.&nbsp;&nbsp; I think DoorKnocker is incredibly easy to use for opening/closing doors when you're using Dynamic Lighting walls. APIHeartbeat has had an update, and is a great tool for monitoring when the API has crashed. Recursive Tables is another great script if you use a lot of rollable tables or just want some added functionality, along with TableExport . If you post some thoughts on what you feel like you might need a script for, then if there's already a script for that then someone can recommend it.
Doorknocker still works for me. The thing that doesn't work is the windows feature in it though. But I still use it to open or close doors. Darryn said: DoorKnocker no longer works with the changes to UDL, though Roll20 is adding interactive windows and doors sometime.... in the future.... but I've not seen a date yet. Combat Master is great, but takes some time to set up correctly (but worth it to me), though you need to watch for unpublished changes at time (like now, the unpublished version 2.48 fixes somethings broken in the one click version 2.47)
Darryn said: DoorKnocker no longer works with the changes to UDL, though Roll20 is adding interactive windows and doors sometime.... in the future.... but I've not seen a date yet. Combat Master is great, but takes some time to set up correctly (but worth it to me), though you need to watch for unpublished changes at time (like now, the unpublished version 2.48 fixes somethings broken in the one click version 2.47) DoorKnocker still works for opening and closing doors, as well as setting locked or unlocked doors. The only thing that doesn’t work are ‘windows’ (lines that block movement but not vision).&nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Darryn said: DoorKnocker no longer works with the changes to UDL, though Roll20 is adding interactive windows and doors sometime.... in the future.... but I've not seen a date yet. Doorknocker works just fine for the primary purpose: opening and closing doors.
So I created the token, added the info in the GM Notes, and used !gmnote and it works fine. Then I created the slave and bumped it away, hit !gmnote and I get nothing showing up.&nbsp; Is there a way to use !gmnote on a slave bump token? I know previously, I would have these footnotes all over my maps, hidden from my players and simply !gmnote to get the info I left in them. I thought !bump-slave created indentical mooks with all the info in them.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think Bump duplicates token notes. They are accessed a bit differently than other token attributes. It would be a good feature to ask for in future versions of Bump, though. I'll see if I can ping the Aaron, creator of Bump.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
FWIW, when using Supernotes for map notes I either use an Invisible Token , or use the Map Keys function of the Reporter script .
ohhh thank you! Invisi token looks almost like scenario switcher script, especially with tinting the map. Absolutely love the reporter script, as that is what I am trying to accomplish right now and I like that looks more organized and in a Menu format.&nbsp;&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is the Reporter thread . There are lots of examples.

Edited 1657060457
Is there a way to link something from resources and AC together? I'd want to create a durability system. In the Resource box, it would be labeled as "Armor Durability" let's pretend the player is wearing full plate armor which is an AC of 18. In the Durability Box, it will say 16 (Each Armor type has a different set of durability points) For Full plate armor, the rule is, for every 2 points of durability you lose, you lose -1AC. So if the player's plate armor went from 16 to 2 durability points left, the AC displayed should be 11. ------------ If you want me to show the homebrew rule of this system - I can post it as well. There is a Repair feature attached to it as well. Each Armor type has it's own Durability &amp; Repair Points and rules.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can think of two options. 1) A custom piece of Equipment. Equipment can modify AC. I don't think it can accept a formula based on a resource, though. 2) Use the global AC Modifier field. Enable it on the settings tab of the character. It's a repeating field. You can put a durability modifier in there. Not quite what you are asking for, but you might be able to work something with it.

Edited 1657128132
Question: Link a Image URL so I am able to link a img url into a token (GM NOTE) [x](LINK HERE) but when I apply that same code to a handout, either in PC or GM Note - it just shows the entire code and not grabbing the image. Are we not allowed to use a url link to show an image for handout? Trying to save uploading too many files, if I can just pull the image from a url site.&nbsp;&nbsp;
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Bump doesn't duplicate notes currently.&nbsp; You can add that by editing the source and adding it to the list mirroredPropsNoBar on line 26 or so.&nbsp; &nbsp;Try that out and see if it does what you want and I'll get a patch together for that.
Still need help about linking Image URL to show image in Handout And how do I get this code to be whispered to self? I tried /talktoself and !wself and I kept getting errors. I have multiple PC notes for investigations when they find stuff that refers to different notes. So when they unlock it on the map, they can always refer to it privately, instead of having 5-6 people hitting the button and spamming the chat this is the macro code I am using. As is, it pops in chat with all the info I provided - I can do /w gm and it works spamming my side, but cant get it for them to self whisper themselves. &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{[image](@{selected|bar1})}} {{@{selected|bar2}}} {{[(Learn More Here)](@{selected|bar3})}}

Edited 1657167579
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you just want to whisper to the person who is initiating the macro, use this: /w "@{selected|character_name}" &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{[image](@{selected|bar1})}} {{@{selected|bar2}}} {{[(Learn More Here)](@{selected|bar3})}} It's also a good idea to set it as a token action, so people have to click a token they control to trigger it. If a token is owned by multiple characters, this might whisper to them all. You might need to create a macro for each player, with their character names like /w "Bob" &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{[image](@{selected|bar1})}} {{@{selected|bar2}}} {{[(Learn More Here)](@{selected|bar3})}} One of Tim's meta scripts might grab the triggering player, and let you use a single macro. You might be able do it with the ScriptCards script too. If you want players to click any token that contains information (though this probably not what you want, since it'll let them click tokens they don't control), use /w "@{selected|character_name}" &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{target|token_name}}} {{[image](@{target|bar1})}} {{@{target|bar2}}} {{[(Learn More Here)](@{target|bar3})}}
There is no built-in "whisper to myself" command, but there are some options: 1. Create a macro and add "/w "PLAYERNAME"" in front of it (so for a player named 'Bob' it would be: /w "Bob"&nbsp;&amp;{template:default} {{name ... 2. /talktomyself could be used for this, but it also prevents API commands from running, and has to be toggled on and off separately from the message itself, each time you want to send a message 3. If the macro is a token action, you could use "/w "@{selected|character_name}"" so it would look like this: /w "@{selected|character_name}"&nbsp;&amp;{template:default} {{name ... 4. Or you could use an API script to create a !wself command. I have a hacky version of the&nbsp; emas script &nbsp;that does just that (find the section of the code at line 197 after the !desc portion and add the !wself section): case '!desc': if(1 === args.length) { showHelp(who); } else { sendChat('',`/desc ${args.join(' ')}`); } break; /* Code to whisper to youself */ case '!wself': var content = args.slice(0).join(' '); if(_.has(msg,'rolltemplate') &amp;&amp; _.isString(msg.rolltemplate) &amp;&amp; msg.rolltemplate.length){ content = content.replace(/\{\{/,'&amp;{template:'+msg.rolltemplate+'} {{'); } if(1 === args.length) { showHelp(who); } else { sendChat(`${who}`,`/w "${who}" ${content}`); } break; // END OF NEW CODE&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Novercalis said: Question: Link a Image URL so I am able to link a img url into a token (GM NOTE) [x](LINK HERE) but when I apply that same code to a handout, either in PC or GM Note - it just shows the entire code and not grabbing the image. Are we not allowed to use a url link to show an image for handout? Trying to save uploading too many files, if I can just pull the image from a url site.&nbsp;&nbsp; Handouts use HTML to format things. Chat uses HTML or Markdown to provide formatting*. [x](LINK HERE) is Markdown formatting. It won't work in a handout.&nbsp; *Technically, you can manually enter Markdown formatting in chat, but it generally requires the API to send HTML to chat.&nbsp;When Supernotes sends an image to chat or to a handout, it knows how to convert Markdown to HTML.
Keith - Currently trying to setup Reporter / Sites and have a question. You state to create a character sheet called Site but I can apply as many token Icon for it. How do I do that, to save 5 different icons to the same sheet image and able to pull that from my work folder? (Icon Token Image using: Inn, Shop, Place of Interest, Pub, Church) I pulled all 5 images and placed them in a page into a Token Page to set up characters and npcs. I attached each image to the sheet, but if I pull the sheet, it only pulls the last token image saved. I dont want to create 5 character sheets hopefully.&nbsp; I felt like there was a workaround but boomer brain is rough :D
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Two methods: 1) Create a Rollable Table Token for the Site character. Once you pull it out, you can assign the face manually, or use a token-mod macro. Example: !token-mod --set !token-mod --set currentside|?{Choose the icon| Inn,1| Shop,2| Place of Interest,3| Pub,4| Church,5} Note that for token-mod to change a side, all token images must be in your art library. They cannot reside in your marketplace images. (If you are using marketplace images, you can download them and then re-upload them to get them into your personal Art Library) 2) This method is useful if you think you might have some one-offs. Keep token images you would like to use, or a one-off you want to use handy on the same page. Select the Site token and run: !token-mod --set imgsrc|@{target|token_id} --ids @{selected|token_id} This will grab the image from a targetted token and assign it to the selected token. You can even use both methods. Set up a Rollable Table Token and use the second macro to handle one-offs.
Need some quick assistance - so, I have 3 bugbears - but one of them is the leader and I am changing it's AC, when I do that - it is changing the AC for ALL the bugbear and changing it's NPC Charactersheet Statblock AC as well. How do I prevent this and can manually change just 1 token bugbear AC w/o affecting the others. When I change their HP - none of them are linked, but their AC is apparently linked.

Edited 1658266540
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Open the token settings for that token.&nbsp; Unlink the bar that is showing AC from the character sheet attribute.&nbsp; Save the token settings.&nbsp; Change the AC on that token to whatever you want.
Is there a long term solution, cause I set all my NPC mooks in a NPC Page using TokenMod and if i needed to change 1, I dont want to have to go in and unlink AC for the purpose. I remember being able to do this before.&nbsp; my NPC Mook Tokenmod: !token-mod {{ --set bar1_value|@{selected|hp|max} bar1_max|@{selected|hp|max} bar2_link|passive_wisdom bar3_link|npc_ac name|"@{selected|character_name} %%NUMBERED%%"}} --ids @{selected|character_id}}} !token-mod --set defaulttoken /w gm @{selected|character_name} has been set up as a Mook
You can do exactly the same as you've done with HP in bar1. Remove the `bar3_link` and just set the value to the currently selected token's AC - that way you can change it after and it won't affect others. bar3_value|@{selected|npc_ac}

Edited 1658327596
Novercalis said: Is there a long term solution, cause I set all my NPC mooks in a NPC Page using TokenMod and if i needed to change 1, I dont want to have to go in and unlink AC for the purpose. I remember being able to do this before.&nbsp; If you want to use a mook but have a single instance of that mook use a different AC, then you have to unlink the AC attribute for that token .&nbsp; That is the long-term solution, because if the AC is linked then it will be updated along with all the other tokens that are linked to the same character sheet. So you don't want to unlink AC from all of the bugbears - you only need to adjust the token for the single Bugbear leader that has a different AC. The TokenMod command to unlink AC from Bar3 for a single token would be this: !token-mod --set bar3_link| bar3|?{AC?|@{selected|npc_ac}} In case you're interested, here are my TokenMod/ChatSetAttr macros for setting up NPCs: Mook Token Setup Macro: !?{GM Notes Name?|@{selected|character_name}} !?{Token Name?|@{selected|character_name}} !?{Darkvision?|Yes,has_night_vision|No,} !?{Darkvision Distance?|60} !?{Size?|Medium/Small,1|Large,2|Tiny,0.5|Huge,3|Gargantuan,4} !?{Passive Perception?|@{selected|passive_wisdom}} !set-gmnote Token Name: ?{GM Notes Name?} !token-mod {{ --on showname showplayers_name showplayers_aura1 ?{Darkvision?} --off playersedit_name playersedit_bar1 playersedit_bar2 playersedit_bar3 playersedit_aura1 playersedit_aura2 showplayers_bar1 showplayers_bar2 showplayers_bar3 showplayers_aura2 --set name|"?{Token Name?} %%NUM%%" controlledby|= bar1_link| bar2_link|npc_ac bar2_max| bar3_link|passive_wisdom bar3_max| bar3_current|?{Passive Perception?} aura2_color|#0000ff night_vision_distance|?{Darkvision Distance?} scale|?{Size?}u bar_location|overlap_bottom compact_bar|on defaulttoken }} !setattr {{ --silent --sel --replace --hp|'' --advantagetoggle|'{{query=1}} {{normal=1}} {{r2=\lbrak\lbrak0d20' --rtype|'\at{advantagetoggle}' --wtype|\ques{Whisper\ques\|Public Roll,\|Whisper Roll,/w gm }| --npc_name|\at{selected\|token_name} }} !delattr {{ --silent --sel --npc_name_flag --dtype }} !wself Mook Token Full Setup for @{selected|character_name} !token-mod --set name|"?{Token Name?}" bar1|@{selected|hp|max} Named NPC Token Macro: !?{GM Notes Name?|@{selected|character_name}} !?{Token Name?|@{selected|character_name}} !?{Add Number?|Yes, %%NUM%%|No,""} !?{Darkvision?|Yes,has_night_vision|No,} !?{Darkvision Distance?|60} !?{Size?|Medium/Small,1|Large,2|Tiny,0.5|Huge,3|Gargantuan,4} !token-mod {{ --on showname showplayers_name showplayers_aura1 has_bright_light_vision ?{Darkvision?} --off playersedit_name playersedit_bar1 playersedit_bar2 playersedit_bar3 playersedit_aura1 playersedit_aura2 showplayers_bar1 showplayers_bar2 showplayers_bar3 showplayers_aura2 --set name|"?{Token Name?} ?{Add Number?}" controlledby|= bar1_link|hp bar1_reset| bar2_link|npc_ac bar2_max| bar3_link|passive_wisdom bar3_max| aura2_radius|0.25 aura2_color|#0000ff night_vision_distance|?{Darkvision Distance?} scale|?{Size?}u bar_location|overlap_bottom compact_bar|on }} !setattr {{ --silent --sel --replace --advantagetoggle|'{{query=1}} {{normal=1}} {{r2=\lbrak\lbrak0d20' --rtype|'\at{advantagetoggle}' --wtype|\ques{Whisper\ques\|Public Roll,\|Whisper Roll,/w gm }| --npc_name|\at{selected\|token_name} }} !delattr {{ --silent --sel --npc_name_flag --dtype }} !set-gmnote Token Name: ?{GM Notes Name?} !wself Named NPC Token Full Setup for @{selected|character_name} They are very &nbsp;similar, with the main difference being the linking of HP, and adding a small aura for a named NPC (to make it easier to identify if I rename it the same as other mooks)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Novercalis said: if memory served me correctly - before passive percetion was broken or vastly different for players and NPC. I feel like it was called passive wisdom, pp, passive_perception and another name. So it was impossible to have a macro to call on it, since each monster token were different. PHB, Volvo, MM &amp; Modules all had different passive perception name. what I'd like to accomplish is to include passive perception into bar 3 and it would trigger, potentially - hidden enemies, investigation, secret passages, hidden notes in a room, etc. I have written a scriptlet that does this. You can find it here .

Edited 1658628593
Oh nice, I will check it out. Also - I have a question about Reporter. First off - I love it but currently having a brain fart. So currently with reporter - Town Name showing me the "Wards" location which gives me the buttons for Taverns, Shops, Point of Interest, and Homes. When I click on those buttons, I get a listing of the places. So lets say Town A - Shops - Keith's Shop - I will now get a small description and picture on the chat. Perfect still But how do I now get "Keith Shop" to also list buttons like wards to show: Inventory, Quest, Rumor? Like I can link it to a handout for Invetory - but I dont want to create soo many handouts - hoping to keep things contain to the token pc/gm notes and/or bar value / max value
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you want controls or specialized info to appear on those tokens, I'd suggest using the handout style of reporting, with the&nbsp;tokennotesbutton|true keyword. Ex: `!report||~|t|bar2_max|Ward --- ----compact|true sort|tokenName showheader|false tokennotesbutton|true displaynote|true visibility|all ignoreselected|true showfooter|false charactersheetlink|false title|Wards of the City| handout|Navigator| Then when you press the "T" button next to the shop name it will display the Token Notes. You can either list&nbsp;Inventories, Quests, and Rumors there, or separate them with a line consisting of five dashes "-----" so that everything afterward will display to the GMnotes and be hidden from players. Buttons can be placed in the GMnotes section of the token using the standard format of [title of button](macroname) if you want it to run a particular macro. I think I am understanding the question properly, but let me know if I am not.