Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting & Windows?

What is the current method of putting in windows when using Dynamic Lighting? I tried using the API "UDLWindows" but it doesn't work quite right. It puts in the window, but allows movement through it, even if moving through dynamic lighting barriers is set to restrict movement (doors work correctly). Is there a better way to put in windows? Thanks.
The 'windows' feature was an unintended side effect of how some of the backend code worked with DL lines, and when One-Way Walls were introduced, that side effect was removed. Which means that currently there are no UDL windows. However, the good news is that true built-in windows functionality is on the current roadmap, which is a good thing as it will open up windows to Plus users instead of just Pro users (because it previously required an API/Mod script to activate).
Doesn't exactly help me now... LOL. Is there a way to do it now?

Edited 1658093134
Nope. There won't be a way to create windows until Roll20 pushes out the official functionality.
After UDL was "fixed" and the APIs tthat I used to create windows stopped working, I edited all my maps by putting a tiny square (or several tiny squares) in the gap where my windows used to be. Character token vision is slightly obscured by the "windowpane" effect, but it works.