Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds - How to handle edges that affect initiative cards?

For Savage Worlds games is there anyway to automate the edges/hinderances that affect the cards dealt for initiative. The behaviours are listed below: Hinderances Hesitant - Lowest of two cards, excluding jokers. Edges Quick - Redraw cards of 5 or lower. Level Headed - Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and chose which one to use. Improved Level Headed - Draw two additional Action Cards each round and choose which one to use. -- Is there anyway to add this logic into the card decks that could work in conjunction with the character sheet to get the correct behaviours? There's no way to deal a single card to a specific entry in the turn order. Or to handle the multi-card options.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I believe the savage initiative script handles most of not all of these.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Yes, as Scott said, get the DealInit mod (API Script) from the Mod Library. Then, assuming you're using the Official Savage Worlds character sheet, the configuration tab (the hammer and wrench icon), under the Other Tweaks settings you should see a field for API: Initiative Edges where you can indicate which edges a character has that may modify Initiative. Clicking the little 'i' icon next to the field will also send to chat the help info on how to use the Mod/API script and what values to put in the field.
Cheers for the answers, I'd not thought to look in the Mod Library and was only looking at an 'empty' game so to speak.