Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script Modification Request] Aura/Tint HealthColors

Ok, so I like using this script. I don't know if it's still being supported/maintained/updated or not. But, one of the things that it doesn't seem to do is to work with new creatures, and/or new tokens. It just seems to work only on tokens pulled from the compendium. I'd really like a modification to this script to be able to click on a token, and turn this code on for that token. That way new tokens for new creatures, or even new tokens for compendium creatures, will work correctly.  I don't have the time or patience to work on modifying the code myself. So, I'm hoping whoever is maintaining this script can do this. If you need more information, feel free to DM me. Thank you.
Aura/Tint Healthcolors works for me on new creatures and tokens. My guess is your new creatures/tokens are not set up with hp linked to the correct bars, or are not linked to a character sheet or something.
None of the things you said are true. First of all, it's very bad to link hp to any bar - there's plenty of documentation about this. The script assumes that bar1 is the hp bar and that's true for all the bars, both the compendium creatures and the new creatures/tokens. Second, all of the tokens are associated with character sheets. One of the examples, which happened today was, that I put a monster from the compendium onto a map (iron golem) and it became tinted green. I replaced the token for the stone golem with another image/token by changing the "represents character" field on the new image/token to point to iron golem. This broke the script. Even attempting to have the script go through and reset by turning it on and off from the configuration menu did not fix the problem.  In other cases, I have created new characters by creating new NPCs with a blank sheet. I have made a token the default token for that new creature. The script does not function for the new creature/token. As I said, it only works for compendium creatures with the default tokens. Change the tokens, the script breaks. Create a new NPC, the script breaks. There needs to be a way to specifically tell the script to work for a given specific character/token. Jarren said: Aura/Tint Healthcolors works for me on new creatures and tokens. My guess is your new creatures/tokens are not set up with hp linked to the correct bars, or are not linked to a character sheet or something.
I will say that I just did a quick test on this. Created a new NPC sheet, uploaded a token, and linked the token. Got nothing. Input the hit points in the token bar associated with the Aura/Tint Healthcolorsand got it to work, but I had to specify that it had X out of Y hit points to achieve this. It would be nice to have it do this automatically, but so long as the designated bar for the API has, say, 25/25 hit points in the token settings then it will get the aura as intended.
First of all, it's very bad to link hp to any bar - there's plenty of documentation about this. The script assumes that bar1 is the hp bar and that's true for all the bars, both the compendium creatures and the new creatures/tokens. Second, all of the tokens are associated with character sheets.  Linking HP to a bar is what you would do for a PC character, or any named NPCs, as any tokens for those characters should likely have the same HP regardless of moving onto another page.  I'd be curious to see which documentation you are referring to that says it's bad to do that. You want to make sure attributes are unlinked if they are intended to  not  be shared, such as HP for 'mooks', or if you want to temporarily change AC without updating all other linked tokens. The script checks to see if a token is set with 'Controlled By' any players to determine whether it is a PC or NPC. I replaced the token for the stone golem with another image/token by changing the "represents character" field on the new image/token to point to iron golem. This broke the script. What were the Bar1 settings on the new token?  Does Bar1 have a value in both the current and max fields?  That is one of the other requirements for the script to function. If you're willing to post a screenshot of the token settings that is not working as well as the !aura help menu, someone might be able to see if there's an issue there.