Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Req For A Homebrew Critical Hit Script

Fethalis
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hello I have a homebrew rule critical damage like this one :  Critical Damage:  Critical damage is count as lethal damage. Whenever you make a critical damage in game with natural d20 there will be extra effects. If you describe where to hit while attacking you will give that area an effect if you didnt describe it we will roll 1d6 and choose the effect type randomly.  I use this homebrew rule to make combat more fun and hard. And if the creature size is bigger than large critical effects dont work at one hit you need to stack two hits or more and of course this is for you and monsters too. The effects of critical damage and 1d6 dices 1 : Head : Blood on the face you will have a disadv at attacks and attacking monsters have adv on attacks to you. 2 : Left arm : You cant use your left arm until healed 3 : Right Arm : You cant use your right arm until healed 4 : Chest : You have bleeding effect you are loosing blood every turn until healed. Damage is 1d6 5 : Left leg : Your speed halved and you cant dash 6 : Right leg : Your speed halved and you cant dash If you got critical damage on both legs you will fall prone and only crawl 10 feet as a movement. You will have all the prone disadvantages on you.  I am not good at scripting etc. (No idea how it works) but was wondering is it possible for someone to create me an script when someone rollnatural 20 on attack to roll 1d6 with that damage and write the effect? I would be really happy if somebody can help me with it. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
One of the pieces of information people will need is to know which character sheet you are using. If you don't know a screenshot of the character sheet would help.  Also, do you want this in the template that your character sheet uses?    
Fethalis
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for mentioned that i use dnd 5e by roll20 character sheet. I really dont mind global will be mucj better for me because monsters and npcs use same system too and i can add as an api if it is easier. I really dont know how things work 
For starters, you could use a rollable table for thos crit effects... then, every time a crit is rolled, you can roll onto that table. AND you can write a Macro for all your players to roll... It is a Button Press on a crit and not automatic, but it should fit... (and it'll cost you less to no money) Fethalis said: Hello I have a homebrew rule critical damage like this one :  Critical Damage:  Critical damage is count as lethal damage. Whenever you make a critical damage in game with natural d20 there will be extra effects. If you describe where to hit while attacking you will give that area an effect if you didnt describe it we will roll 1d6 and choose the effect type randomly.  I use this homebrew rule to make combat more fun and hard. And if the creature size is bigger than large critical effects dont work at one hit you need to stack two hits or more and of course this is for you and monsters too. The effects of critical damage and 1d6 dices 1 : Head : Blood on the face you will have a disadv at attacks and attacking monsters have adv on attacks to you. 2 : Left arm : You cant use your left arm until healed 3 : Right Arm : You cant use your right arm until healed 4 : Chest : You have bleeding effect you are loosing blood every turn until healed. Damage is 1d6 5 : Left leg : Your speed halved and you cant dash 6 : Right leg : Your speed halved and you cant dash If you got critical damage on both legs you will fall prone and only crawl 10 feet as a movement. You will have all the prone disadvantages on you.  I am not good at scripting etc. (No idea how it works) but was wondering is it possible for someone to create me an script when someone rollnatural 20 on attack to roll 1d6 with that damage and write the effect? I would be really happy if somebody can help me with it. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Fethalis! The script Customizable Roll Listener can listen to chat for the incidence of a crit. When one is posted, the script can run a macro, like one that rolls on your crit chart, using a Rollable Table.
My crit table isn't as detailed as you intend to make yours but you can still do something similar. I have a macro that rolls a semi-random percent for damage then rolls one time on a rollable table (called "BD") to determine location: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You have suffered [[0.75*[[1d100]]]]% damage to your [[1t[BD]]] I wrote this macro so that there's never 100% damage to a body part because I feel that's too extreme for a random crit and the &nbsp;rollable table is just a hit location chart, but you could make it more detailed. Running the macro results in this output in chat: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You have suffered&nbsp; 35.25 % damage to your&nbsp; <span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" original-title="Rolling 1t[BD] = ( Left Cheek )" style="box-sizing: content-box; background-color: var(--dark-primary); border: 2px solid var(--dark-primary); padding: 0px 3px; font-weight: bold; cursor: help; font-size: 1.1em; color: rgb(179, 179, 179);">Left Cheek It's crude, but it works for us.